• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AtomBombBaby

Roleplay Type(s)
Hi all! My name is Atom! I'm a female in my mid-20's who's been RPing since around 2011. (For more info about my RP preferences, click the SPOILER below!)
-18+ year old partners please ^-^

-I like to consider myself pretty advanced/literate (still not sure what quantifies semi-literate and literate on this site and at this point, I'm too afraid to ask!). I've written on both a creative and academic level, so grammar, punctuation, and all that jazz is pretty important to me; I love the written word and put a lot of effort into everything I write. On average I do around 800 words, but will often match my writing partner's length, whether that's as little as 400 words or well over a thousand—of course, that also depends on how well fleshed-out the plot, world, and characters are! The more "connected" I feel to a character, the more I'm going to write. (Prepare yourself from some potentially-obnoxious internal monologuing if I really like the story!)

-I love making friends! If we're writing together, send me art, music, inspiration, whatever! I'd love to see your inspiration outside of writing, however it manifests itself. Me? I love Pinterest boards, and music is the main medium that fuels and inspires my writing.

-I almost exclusively write male characters. In the same vein, I love romance, and will write MxF and MxM pairings.

-I post anywhere from every two or three days to once a week. If it's been longer than that, feel free to contact me!

-Finally, I totally understand if life gets in the way. Occasionally, I'll fall off the face of the earth, so if you do too, no worries. Sometimes, life comes before writing! I'll always be happy to talk about personal troubles if you need an ear to listen ^-^ No worries about me getting angry, writing is purely for fun!

After watching the Netflix series "Bulgasal: Immortal Souls," I have an intense craving to create a story inside that universe using original characters (I like to use established worlds as a backbone for new stories, altering the universe as we see fit). The show had so many complex themes I want to explore in a story, among them reincarnation and karma, how ancient mythology changes with modernity, and the concept of humanity both inside and outside of that mythological/religious standpoint. I anticipate some dark and mature themes: revenge and vengeance, death and murder, suicide, mental illness, physical violence and blood, intense emotion, etc. There is also the fun possibility of switching between the past and present as we move through the story.

I'll be honest, I don't know that much about Korean shamanism or its particular flavor of Buddhism. I took a course on Buddhism in college like 4 or 5 years ago, watched this show (which doesn't delve much into mythology at all -- it's very shallow), and that's about it! What I'm going for is more an emphasis on rage, grief, and denial (a ton of angst basically), forgiveness, fate, and romance. So when you wipe away all that confusing stuff about mythology, at the heart is the struggle between light, dark, and all the gray that’s in between.

If you haven't seen the show but are still intrigued, that's almost preferrable, as we can plot with a clean slate instead of getting caught up in the details of the show. Honestly, I don't think this post will receive a lot of attention, but I'm going to try anyway! If you're interested, PM me and we can start to work through planning and plotting!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back