• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DillyWanderer

Wandering Spirit
Welcome! First of all, thank you for opening this thread. As the title suggested, I am planning on creating a group roleplay about humans' interaction with beings like angels and devils. I have been reading this webtoon called Devil Number 4 and got inspired to create a story that has the same elements. If you're interested please keep on reading!

Here's the prologue for this story; After God created the world and its inhabitants, he watched Earth from the heavens for centuries. He saw them grow and prosper. They gained knowledge, learned about emotions, and even created a civilization. But as the population grew, humans' eventually changed too. They started to do things for selfish gains, which gave birth to the cardinal sins. Lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride. Those sins caused chaos on Earth, and it angered God. Later on, the Great Flood happened to cleanse the world from its sins.

God knew that the new beginning of humanity needs guidance, or history will only repeat itself. So he sent out beings of unknown origin on Earth to help guide and save humans. Those beings were later on called as Angels and Devils. With their help, Earth found its balance again and continued to evolve. Centuries passed and Earth became modernized. It is the year 2020, and humans only knew Angels and Devils as fictional beings from stories and movies, at least until they meet one.

In this roleplay, there will be three types of beings that you can choose from. Your character can be a human, an angel, or a devil. There's no limitation on how many characters you can create as long as you can manage them all. Also, I will only allow anime pictures or illustrations for face claims since I imagine this story to be in an anime setting.

Here's some information about what type of angels and devils I envisioned for this story;

angel.PNG

ANGEL

An angel's past is unknown to them, but they are believed to be humans who died protecting others.
When a human is born, an angel is assigned to them. Their main purpose is to guard the human until the human reaches its life span.
An angel has an option to reveal their true identity to their assigned humans or keep it a secret.

God-given abilities:

Basic physical abilities - Inhuman strength and speed. Angels have an option to remain in their spiritual form or use a physical form. They can float while in their spiritual form.

Angel's eye - They can see the human life spans, but not their cause of death.

Angel's whisper -When they're in their spiritual form, they can whisper goodness in a human's ear and affect their thinking or actions. When humans hear this, they often think that it was their conscience speaking.

Angel's kiss - An angel can save their assigned human from dying by kissing them. They can only use Angel's kiss twice to change or prolong their assigned human's life span. That's why angels tend to keep close contact with their assigned human so they can save them when needed.

devil 2.PNG
DEVIL

Just like angels, devils have no memories of their past. But they are believed to be humans who had died or caused someone's death because of their deepest desire.

A devil is assigned to a human who has a strong desire that could cause someone's death or their own. Then the devil creates a contract that could fulfill that strong desire before anyone gets hurt. In return, once the human dies, their soul will stay in the abyss for a long time before they get reincarnated.

Since Devils have to directly interact with the human world they also have to use human-made materials (such as money, transportation, mobile phone etc.) They are given a salary if they got a contract signed.

The devil would be the one to create the details of the contract and can only revise it five times. The human has an option to decline a devil's offer but will have to deal with the consequences.

God-given abilities:

Basic physical abilities - Inhuman strength and speed.

Devil's eye - They can see humans' desires and if a human has a devil's mark already.

Devil's mark 𝔓 - Once the contract has been signed by the human, a devil's mark will appear on the assigned human's body. The mark also offers protection to the human when the devil is not present.

Devil's kiss - A devil has an option to void a contract with a human. A kiss from the devil will erase the mark, destroy the contract, and return the human's life to its previous state. It will also erase any memory of the devil in the human's mind.

A human character will be paired with an angel character right from the start, and a devil character can join them once it was assigned. I will be the one to assign both angels and devil to the human character to avoid confusion. I will base it on the human character's deepest desire that will be included on the character sheet. Once there's enough members and characters, I'll start with the pairing.

The story will most likely start with Hermes (My supporting character) assigning the angels to their humans. Then it will revolve around the human's daily life with their guardian angel and the devil persuading them to sign the contract. Even though an angel's main purpose is to keep the human safe, they can't directly intervene with the devil's contract. They can only advise the human to not sign it. Anything can happen in the story, it can be a slice of life, school life, drama, mystery, and even thriller. As the story goes, we'll add more to it so that all the characters will be together. We can also brainstorm together if you have amazing ideas that we can add in the story.

That's it! If you want to join me in creating this story or if you have any questions, just comment below! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back