• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Age of the End (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Are we going to be in need of horses? I see that Psychie has one, and if needed, I can shift a few gold from one of my potions to get a horse.

Adventures do have the tendency to move around a lot, but some also like to travel on foot. I'll leave it up to all of you how you wish to get around
Though I will have plenty of options for you to ride around in style

Well, I have short, stunty legs and so I walk slower than you tall people. I'll get a horse.

well starting out. A good strong horse and a wagon. The wagon could carry some of us. And a couple have horses.

I dont mind getting a horse and wagon if others want to invest in supplies and containers.

I think I should be mainly done with my CS, aside from allocating those extra 200gp for additional equipment; please tell me if I need to fix anything (wouldn't be surprised if I made mistakes somewhere).

About the extra equipment etc: Since I get an explorer's pack from my class already, do I just disregard the free explorer's pack you give us? I'm not sure if it would make sense to carry around two of them.

I think I should be mainly done with my CS, aside from allocating those extra 200gp for additional equipment; please tell me if I need to fix anything (wouldn't be surprised if I made mistakes somewhere).

About the extra equipment etc: Since I get an explorer's pack from my class already, do I just disregard the free explorer's pack you give us? I'm not sure if it would make sense to carry around two of them.
We will have a wagon you can store it in. Or you can sell what you don't need for what they are worth in gp.

I can afford a wagon and two draft horses.

Will need some barrels, sacks, a chest or two, A lock. Some pouches. Food Rations, animal feed, bucket or two. Some water barrels. Tools for crafts and repair. Etc. Mostly cheap stuff, comparatively speaking.

You have been added to the roster, Welcome to Age of the End!

I know we have enough players, but part of me is a little perplexed that no one has picked Bull, Snake, or Dragon yet XD

oh well, we got a good few days who knows what will happen ;)

I'd imagine he'd be good at navigation and wayfinding too
He would be. Navigators tools say they just work in the sea, but i'd imagine he could easily apply it anywhere. He has a good wisdom and I think is proficient in survival.

You have been added to the roster, Welcome to Age of the End!

I know we have enough players, but part of me is a little perplexed that no one has picked Bull, Snake, or Dragon yet XD

oh well, we got a good few days who knows what will happen ;)
Lol because everybody chooses dragon. It's cliche because it's cool.

I'm honestly kind of overwhelmed with the equipment and logistics options at the moment, haha.

What I've added to my equipment tab now (mule + pack saddle + stuff) works only for transporting stuff, correct? I couldn't use a pack and riding saddle, and with a riding saddle, the mule couldn't carry all the equipment, I would think. Also, is there any consensus on how the saddlebags work? There doesn't seem to be any capacity info in the books, and I couldn't find anything concrete online, either.

D. Rex D. Rex , if you give me some pointers how to invest in your wagon venture, I'd be happy to scrap most of my "shopping" so far (though think I'd like to keep the more medical stuff) and provide my remaining gold for the containers etc. I feel like that may be more productive (and more helpful for the rest of the group) than me trying to pick out useful options without really knowing what I'm doing.

Normally needing containers depends on how lenient the GM is about carrying around all your goodies. Some don't care, some prefer you at least try to make sense of it.

I'm mostly just doing it for the fun of it.

As for getting our wagon ready for the Oregon Trail.

The wagon and Horses are probably the biggest investment. I got that covered. I got plenty of money. Plus Evora's gold.

As for containers, barrels are cheap and handy. Can load them with food, feed, water, arrows, etc. Same for sacks. Shove clothes, mess kits, random equipment into. A chest would also be nice, we can keep our gold and valuables in there, and lock and chain it up.

The wagon would be able to carry a mighty bit of stuff. And I will have two horses pulling it. We should have no trouble.

This would act as an easy hub from which to stay supplied and make camp. As well as stocking up loot for us to sell when we return to town (or become roadside merchants). We can also use it as a work area and keep our tools and kits there.

Now. Filling it up is the key! No point having an empty wagon. With all our explorers packs, we should have enough torches to last us a while. We would want some ever handy things. Rope, chains, lanterns, lantern oil, spikes stakes and pitons, a hook and pulley, firewood, vials and bottles. Stuff like that. Things that are situational useful and cheap, but too heavy to be worth hauling around on person.

Would also want stuff to repair things as need be. Tools, of course, string and bits of metal.

Food and water is a bit different. Collective rations would be helpful. Having 40 rations would feed 4 of us for 10 days. We can make it last longer by hunting and foraging when we can. But we will want some for areas that aren't fruitful. Two or three barrels of water would be good. We can get it mostly on the way, and if we have a rain catcher we can fill it up easily enough if we can't find a stream.

Feed for the animals is also important. Working like rations. The more animals we have, the more feed we need. We can make it last by hunting and grazing.

Medical supplies are expensive. But with an herbalists kit, an alchemists kit. And some vials, pouches, and bottles, we could stick up as we travel by foraging for helpful herbs. Could help us out a lot. I'll see we have some.

And having a packsaddle or two would be useful. If we need to go somewhere our wagon can't go, a pack animal would be handy then.

A few folks can ride in the wagon to save on money and feed. And a couple with horses.

Should set us off rather well. We can pool the last of our money and buy any extra stuff we think we might need. We should be set for a while.

Felis Felis
How much money do you have left?

I can go over everyone's inventory and save us money on redundant supplies (like having two herbalist kits when we would just need one)

Are we going to know one another prior to game start, or are we meeting up for the first time?

Right now I have about 40gp left, but if I buy things for the wagon, I'll replace the mule and most of the stuff anyway, so it's easier if I calculate from the beginning.

I was thinking of getting a Healer's Kit (though someone else holding on to it might be more useful since my character has a good bonus to Medicine rolls) as well as one Potion of Healing (because not having to rely on still having spell slots might be good) and one Antitoxin (I feel like it wouldn't hurt to have one on hand, though arguably it could be replaced with a second potion of healing). That would be 125gp. Also, I was thinking having a sling + ammunition for it might not be a bad thing for my character, but even with multiple pouches of ammunition this should be around ~2-3gp.

So that would leave at least 70gp for supplies for the wagon, if I'm not mistaken.

Good to me too.

Right now I have about 40gp left, but if I buy things for the wagon, I'll replace the mule and most of the stuff anyway, so it's easier if I calculate from the beginning.

I was thinking of getting a Healer's Kit (though someone else holding on to it might be more useful since my character has a good bonus to Medicine rolls) as well as one Potion of Healing (because not having to rely on still having spell slots might be good) and one Antitoxin (I feel like it wouldn't hurt to have one on hand, though arguably it could be replaced with a second potion of healing). That would be 125gp. Also, I was thinking having a sling + ammunition for it might not be a bad thing for my character, but even with multiple pouches of ammunition this should be around ~2-3gp.

So that would leave at least 70gp for supplies for the wagon, if I'm not mistaken.
70gp is good bit for the small stuff we would need.

I'll see about tallying up what we have so far.

Psychie Psychie , Sherwood Sherwood , Ilikepie Ilikepie
Are you all interested in storing anything in the wagon, pooling some money, and sharing some supplies?

I have 75 gold right now that I can toss into the pot.

I have 75 gold right now that I can toss into the pot.
Is there anything you would like me to record in our collective inventory (stored in wagon) or, if its easier, what you would rather just keep in your backpack and personal use only?

I don't see a need to haul all my junk on my back if we have a wagon for it. Lets toss in my 10 days of rations for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back