• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A World Without Humanity (Medieval Fantasy Interest Check)

I'm really not fond of discord, although I don't think I'll be able to join the RP anyway. I don't have the time I thought I'd have.

Um dude, I just read through your magic lore and ima be honest: I felt like I needed a degree to get through it and I still have no idea how to use magic ^-^'...

SilverFlight SilverFlight , to be fair, that's not a bad thing given the context.

Essentially, magic is a term used to describe the primordial energy composing the realms, comparable to the bones in a body, as well as the "act of casting magic." Different worlds have different magical foundations, similar to how different creatures have different skeletal structures. When you cast magic, you are essentially taking the foundation of the world and exposing it to... the corporeal realm, if that makes sense. But, there's more than just primordial pillar magic. Those methods I mentioned, one of them is "Evocation," which is classified as calling upon of a greater being for some purpose, potentially with an exchange in mind. Prayers, then, could be seen as Divine Evocations. Incantations are phrases that draw and enact magical powers into the world. Words of Power are similar to Incantation, but are usually only one word in length and are sometimes a part of Incantations. Rituals are what it says on the tin, it's not something you need to contemplate hard. The rituals occasionally have combinations of other methods in them.

Did that make more sense?

SilverFlight SilverFlight , to be fair, that's not a bad thing given the context.

Essentially, magic is a term used to describe the primordial energy composing the realms, comparable to the bones in a body, as well as the "act of casting magic." Different worlds have different magical foundations, similar to how different creatures have different skeletal structures. When you cast magic, you are essentially taking the foundation of the world and exposing it to... the corporeal realm, if that makes sense. But, there's more than just primordial pillar magic. Those methods I mentioned, one of them is "Evocation," which is classified as calling upon of a greater being for some purpose, potentially with an exchange in mind. Prayers, then, could be seen as Divine Evocations. Incantations are phrases that draw and enact magical powers into the world. Words of Power are similar to Incantation, but are usually only one word in length and are sometimes a part of Incantations. Rituals are what it says on the tin, it's not something you need to contemplate hard. The rituals occasionally have combinations of other methods in them.

Did that make more sense?
Its starting to go through, but I think I'll get it much better when the rest of the lore is up.

So, when you say beastraces, would you possibly mean such as the Khajiit and Argonians from the Elder Scrolls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back