• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A World Without Humanity (Medieval Fantasy Interest Check)

So, uh, yeah. Your suggestions of those eldritch memes (Imagine if an Illithid was stoned and was connected to an Elder Brain with about ten other Illithids. Perhaps we'll throw in a Mindwitness in there to facilitate communication.) is fairly good. Though, it shall be tricky to incorporate it, if I can at all. Ishtarran Ishtarran

Ishtarran Ishtarran I'd rather it not be too depraved but at the same time, the individual races and their subraces in this world might look at each other with a spark of curiosity or fear. Kobolds fear Orkabolds for their intimidating stature and have a mixture of curiosity and fear for Belkabolds. They're all batfolk, they're all subspecies, cousins. But they view each other in such interesting ways. Hell, Orkabolds are often uneased by the serpent eyes of the Kobolds. Most creatures tend to be. Couple that with their fangs and occasional tusks, Kobolds look like they could f-up your day with just a nibble.

Matter of fact, they have a tendency to snap their jaws at things that irritate them. It's frowned upon but if you start pissing off some of these people, they might turn and clack their jaws at you. Imagine hearing that, this snake-eyed, tusked, fanged thing with spikes growing out of its face just snapping its impressive set of teeth at you, possibly pressing its head into you for a moment as it did so.

I'm sure that, if an Illithid walked into a tavern, people would be standing in their seats and backing away a bit. Some would look back, thinking, What the hell is that?... You know, what someone normally would think when seeing a humanoid tentacle monster on legs. Ishtarran Ishtarran

I'm sure that, if an Illithid walked into a tavern, people would be standing in their seats and backing away a bit. Some would look back, thinking, What the hell is that?... You know, what someone normally would think when seeing a humanoid tentacle monster on legs. Ishtarran Ishtarran
Undoubtedly true... not that any goblinoids or batfolk are much prettier. ?

I doubt an illithid would openly walk anywhere that has a tavern (especially in daylight) without some kind of cloak concealing most of their appearance. Wouldn't there be amphibian analogues around, too? Besides sloads. Sloads are stupid.

Sweet mother of Christ, Banderhobbs certainly fall under the "monster" category. Ishtarran Ishtarran

But, we have monstrous bat people. Who worship a one-eyed eldritch beast-goddess. Who has angels with one eye, as well. Who are psychic. Usually. The zealots of the religion sometimes scoop out their eye to be more sacred. Or cover them, at least.
Interestingly, the goddess has four wings of pearlescent marigold, but that's the only angelic thing I can say about her. She's canonically described as having n eye on her tongue and a cyst nestled deep in her skull that is a part of that eye and has similar functions to one, therefore still remaining cyclopean.

I'm not sure where this religion developed but I do have planned that angels and the goddess herself be revealed through dreams of Apocrypha. Or something.

Sweet mother of Christ, Banderhobbs certainly fall under the "monster" category. Ishtarran Ishtarran

But, we have monstrous bat people. Who worship a one-eyed eldritch beast-goddess. Who has angels with one eye, as well. Who are psychic. Usually. The zealots of the religion sometimes scoop out their eye to be more sacred. Or cover them, at least.
Interestingly, the goddess has four wings of pearlescent marigold, but that's the only angelic thing I can say about her. She's canonically described as having n eye on her tongue and a cyst nestled deep in her skull that is a part of that eye and has similar functions to one, therefore still remaining cyclopean.
So what you're saying is an illithid might at first be welcome among the batties until the see that the creature before them is not cyclopean. ?

Jokes aside, you have a point there. What exactly are the orcs and other goblinoids/ogroids like in this universe? Are they more like D&D? Warcraft? Wesnoth (probably not that one, I know, but hey, Wesnoth is cool)?

Honestly, I haven't gotten a clear idea what orcs would be, but if you want a general idea (in terms of anatomy and biology) for goblins, look at Dragon's Dogma's version of the buggers. Ogres are sort of canon but not clearly defined in terms of physical characteristics besides the fact they maintain a human-like appearance until they enter their juvenile years, where they begin to undergo extreme anatomical and biological changes alongside a massive increase to intellect due to the brain becoming overclocked for a decade or two before they're considered adults. Jottun? Well, they were going to be a four-eyed tall and lithe giant race that might have one or two mouths. Think "tower" when you think of a Jottun. Long, stout limbs, elongated and thin faces clad in bone-like plates, with redundant organs in their body and so on.

Ogres actually have very long lifespans, up to two hundred years. Ishtarran Ishtarran

Last edited:
OH! Fun fact: Kurogs, a thing thought to be nothing but a tale, is the magical fusion of an Ogre and a Kobold. Take the general anatomy of a Kobold, including the facial spikes and studs, their claws, their teeth, their adept sense of hearing and smell, and combine it with the brutal strength and size of an adult Ogre. Alongside some of the anatomical features of an Ogre. Whatever that might be.

Kurogs, in this world, would be classed as a TPK-type monstrosity/abomination, due to... well, they're rumored to be able to bite or claw through warhorse plate armor. Or war-rat armor in the Kobolds' instance. The Kurogs would have appeared occasionally in the wilds of Kobon and other lands after an event known as the Recession, which is the greatest political fuck-up in Kobonite history. It's honestly something that is so devastating to a nation that it could end up causing it to be wiped from the map.

That's honestly where we'll start. Some years, maybe a decade or two, after the Recession. Other strange and seemingly-paranormally-insensible events will occur across the world, as well. Kobon was just the start.

Now we're getting somewhere with plot! Yiss

20180922_225422.jpg

Ishtarran Ishtarran To sum up the plot... Magic is on the move. And this is a magic none of us would wish existed. And should it complete what it has set out to do... well, all I can truly say is that the world will no longer be mundane. Nor safe. In the process, the world will become, at the very least, notified of magic's existence. And no doubt will it abhor it even more than it does now.
Edit: It involves some evil voodoo-mojo-black magic-demon-worship-type magic.
Also, that's a freaky-ass monster. Almost has the teeth I had in mind for Jottun. Was also contemplating on whether or not I wanted multiple limbs. Hmmm... Facial structure isn't like a Jottun, though, nor are the eyes.

Last edited:
Ishtarran Ishtarran To sum up the plot... Magic is on the move. And this is a magic none of us would wish existed. And should it complete what it has set out to do... well, all I can truly say is that the world will no longer be mundane. Nor safe. In the process, the world will become, at the very least, notified of magic's existence. And no doubt will it abhor it even more than it does now.

Also, that's a freaky-ass monster. Almost has the teeth I had in mind for Jottun. Was also contemplating on whether or not I wanted multiple limbs. Hmmm... Facial structure isn't like a Jottun, though, nor are the eyes.
Basically imagine Goro from Mortal Kombat, but with that facial (don't get bit or you will lose a decent chunk of flesh bruh) and leg structure. Wearing thick gambeson and possibly mail on some more vulnerable spots like joints, wielding a rawhide coated roundshield in each upper arm and a greatsword (so basically a broadsword that's about 4+ feet long) with his lower arms. Certainly not unstoppable, seeing as it'd be about the size of an orc (maybe a little bigger), but nonetheless devastating. Still don't know what I'd call it, though.

I can see that, Ishtarran Ishtarran . Kurogs aren't unstoppable but your best bet is a ballista or an arbalest.

Anyway, the Beast of Rewrs must rest, now! Off to Apocrypha to commune with Eldritch horrors!

iijora iijora SilverFlight SilverFlight Gasmeros Gasmeros Gabe Gabe Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Abyss Abyss Orikanyo Orikanyo Gryphtaur Gryphtaur The Pattern The Pattern Ishtarran Ishtarran
I'm thinking about creating a Discord server or a World Anvil group - if that's possible, I'm still getting around that site - and was wondering if anyone mentioned and whoever views this thread would wish to join? Of course, it would all be in pursuit of worldly perfection of World of Monsters, but with this, I can give an asinine form of updates to everyone through announcements and junk. Plus, everyone could give their two cents when no one asked for it. ;y

World Anvil, by the by, is a nifty website with quite the in-depth ability to log information into one's own world, free-forming descriptions of creatures, diseases, towns, to allowing you to make your own little calendar system(sort of, nothing like what donjon does, or from what I've seen- I'M S T I L L E X P L O R I N G-) and all sorts of other things.

Edit: Magic, the Foundation Here is an article I just published (using World Anvil regarding the magic system in this world. It might give you an idea on what the world is potentially like, or what the plot in the future will be like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back