• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

jinxxes

[disgust in gucci]
A Second Chance

The World

Of those who meet an untimely demise, if it is determined an unfair or unjust death, then the mortal may receive an invitation of renewal. To be apart of another life, while still being able to make rounds in the human world, though the being no longer belongs to the mortal realm. Past memories leave as they lose contact with their former bodies, but it is not unheard of for a being to regain their recollection of their mortal life. The trigger lays in their initial death, the soul still holding onto it. But this doesn't come without a cost. With the surge of incoming memories the body, breaks down into ash. Or does it?

As the population of supernatural beings rose, so too did humans with unnatural gifts. Through intense training, formed a society of hunters to protect the balance of peace. But as with time and growth, all does not stay pure. They may work as one, but hunters do not share all the same views as one another. Some may wish to work in harmony, while others believe extermination of all supernatural is called for.

But now there has been a surge of chaos, a previously unknown entity has appeared claiming the goal to destroy everything and bring it to their kind, the demons. What will this new predicament bring out?

The Beings

The entities have no say of their new form, how they lived their life as a person beforehand determines which form they take in the next life. Some possible transformations include:

Werewolf:
Werewolves are one of the less dangerous entities in theory. Their abilities are more simple but they are one of the more aggressive beings. However, they only pose a serious threat in their wolf form. Their secondary form is not a once in a full moon deal though, they transform as they please as long as it is out of sight. They also are pack creatures, which are the start of many "gangs" in the human world.
Characteristics include big eyes and thick hair.

Vampire:
Vampires require daily blood in order to survive, much like how a human needs food and water but on a lesser scale. Hunters go after these beings the most as they are the ones most often found "attacking" humans. Though often not lethal, there is still the possibility of a serious injury or death during a feeding which is why it is looked down upon. Understanding Hunters and vampires have teamed up though, producing blood banks not just for human use but with a secret back-alley operation to feed the vampires and reach an understanding.
Characteristics include intense colored eyes and (typically) pale skin.

Shapeshifter:
Shapeshifters are one of the more tricky entities, they hold no set form and can transform into anything they have seen before. While having no set form, whether it be an animal or a specific person, they usually have a preferred form they use more often than others. Few have been observed by hunters as they have the easiest escape methods. While transformation is quick, it is painful and will wear out the being if used too often. Ones that cause issues often do so in animal form, being responsible for many deaths by wild animals such as a bear attack while camping.

Ghost/Poltergeist:
Ghosts are dangerous because of their being unseen to most and are the reason the most basic qualification of being a hunter needs the ability of sight. The only exceptions to the rule being the other entities. Majority are harmless, enjoying pranking those that lack the ability to see. Those which hold resentment are what brings issues, often gaining the name Poltergeist instead. However, the only real difference between the two is their level in strengths. Ghosts cannot be touched except with sacred items and can only be seen by those with the sight. Whereas poltergeist have control over both those aspects, choosing to be tangible and visible to all. Usually it is resentment that gives them their power, but not all poltergeist are harmful.

Demon:
Demons are unknown to hunters and are only now beginning to spring up. They are definitely the most dangerous supernatural creature out there and may often seem impossibly strong. That doesn't mean that the situation is hopeless. Weaknesses for them do exists, everything has the, it is only a matter of finding them. Demons usually have an affinity to an element, along with a handful of other useful skills including: charming, mind reading, and having intense spiritual pressure. Of course the effectiveness of these mental skills depends not only on the demons strength, but the strength of the person; thus, not every person will react the same way.

Hunter:
Taking on the responsibility to protect peace, they own special sight in order to keep tabs on the more elusive entities. That is the most simple requirement for the lower levels, but as a higher level either a special ability or sacred weapon is needed. Such as the pure ability to draw power from talisman, or an unbreakable whip used to bind a rowdy entity. However, low-ranked Hunters will receive a standardized "Spirit-Knife" and and a "Spirit-Gun," training in sacred weapons and the process of forging their own begins in the mid-ranks. The hunting industry is split however. While both believe they are protecting peace, one seeks to do so by overpowering the entities, believing them all to be unpure, while the other looks towards equality and to only cease those who are a danger.

Rules
Forum rules apply
While this is supernatural, looks are still realistic***
The closest bit of unrealism with looks should be intense vampire eyes, being shockingly bright, even so they are not random colors
***Demons also have some exceptions to the rule in their demon form, it is still humanoid but elemental features begin to grow on them

I am not too picky with reply lengths, just give enough for something to be worked with
New hunters should not be incredibly powerful, you work your way up to power
We can discuss if you would like to be a creature not listed here, do be aware I may say no for plot reasons or if I find it does not fit the setting
There will be a limit on demons for now. I will play the first when it is time for that reveal, then more will be available
There is no set limit on amount of characters, just keep it reasonable to your own abilities and to their purpose

Discussion
While you may have a general idea from the started, this is where I'll explain more in depth.
This takes place in modern times in a city name (REDACTED). The hunter base there is led by Elizabeth Roth, an understandably over-worked hunter as the city has been experiencing a surge of supernatural incidences. There has been exponential growth in attacks as the supernatural beings are getting agitated. Hunters have felt it too, that there has been some disturbance. It is the awakening of the demons. There exists a rift of which the supernatural come from, but no one remembers it among merging into their new life. Except for the demons which will be slowly emerging with the goal of making the earth theirs.
At the start of this though, no one will have any awareness of demons. Their legends are passed off as poltergeist.
With that goal in mind, the beginning of this rp will allow some regular interactions to build up relationships, and as people get comfortable and ready I will make the post where shit hits the fan.
I would really like it if this were able to last, I have a whole bunch of plots past the original conflict. Some things I may be intentionally misleading on if I want the plot point or history to be a surprise!

Last edited:
I am celebrating my friends birthday but I'll work on getting a CS sometime tonight or the morning!
And perhaps a greater lore page cause there's far more specifics.
If you have an idea of what you'd make your character already do tell so I can get an idea!

I am celebrating my friends birthday but I'll work on getting a CS sometime tonight or the morning!
And perhaps a greater lore page cause there's far more specifics.
If you have an idea of what you'd make your character already do tell so I can get an idea!
Could there be necromancer/witches

shyland shyland
Necromancers are a no for.......plot reasons wehehehe. But witches could be worked with. They wouldnt be part of the supernatural creatures that are reborn though, they would be humans with an affinity towards magic.
Don't even have to be hunters, but many would probably be sought after by hunters for help with their powers.
Cause I know I have a priestess npc that will come up, and she does 'witchcraft' essentially. And an antagonist also will who would identify as a witch.​

Yes! There's no limit right now because I don't believe we'd get to a point where there would be too many people.​

Karcen Karcen yeah, I've been trying to think on that. I've never really cared on getting pictures in a matching style. All I care are looks are realistic in terms of natural Lmaoo. Like if there's blue hair its cause it was dyed. And obviously like an anime girl might be easier to pick out a look alike than a real person for finding blue hair that natches your tastes.
Meanwhile I have a character that ive only found like one close match looks-wise and it was a real person. (And its still not exact. Someday im gonna commission someone to draw him smdh.)
But yeah, so I wasnt even thinking on picking one specifically that you had to do.

Aaaanyyywaaays~ I'm up from my friends b-day! I have a character i'm working on for another rp and everything for this that im gonna get started on right away!​

That's the CS thread so anyone interested can get some thoughts on their characters and get them started. If you want some more information before the lore has gone up please feel free to message me!

Some things I did already note I should explain a little more:
The city is going to have a name btw I just haven't decided if I'll make one up or use a real one.
And for the memory loss part, they're not sent to like baby mindset. It's like amnesia. They still know how to speak and do a lot of things, it's just what they did in the past that was erased. They may be naturally pulled into things they liked before and may have a natural affinity to a skill of something they've never done before. (I.E. I have a vampire and he picked up surfing really quick because he's originally a California-born surfer. Which of course he is amused by cause who would suspect a vampire be to be a surfer?)
They are also not guaranteed to have died recently. They might be reborn way later. (I.E. My werewolf was from the 1920's. He was reborn about ten years ago though and was a little more out of it with coming back. Things felt really strange and new. Luckily, werewolves are very pack oriented and he was picked up and taught early on. Hunters usually try and find new beings so they have a better chance of fitting into society, and might try and identify who they previously were. Though it is against the rules to provide that information to them at risk of them going crazy or burning up.)​

Interested, would it be possible to have a hunter character who is also a shapeshifter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back