• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Griffin Banks

Tags: Yeo-Jin Maeteris Maeteris | Location: Florida

Griffin grinned as he seemed to be trying out for the slowest eater award or something. "I think they did have someone talk to the guy at least once already, can always double check on the computer." While she looked around the room, he just kept on watching her.

They both worked for this other group, and they knew it. Though when Yeo-Jin spoke about wanting this moon thing to go away, his head tilted. He gave her a closer scrutiny, but only slightly. "What are your thoughts on it?" They had been told the group was working on a solution to the moon, but nothing specific.

Banks was down to his last bit of food, and was already signaling the waitress to refill their drinks. Might as well enjoy the company and the alcohol while they he had the chance. While he didn't have a shifter's natural resistance to getting drunk, Banks tended to keep a couple of enchanted items to help him. Let him get buzzed without getting wasted as long as he wore the silver ring, currently on his right index finger. Made for some easy 'drink you under the table' bets.

Unfortunately, both Parks and Banks would be interrupted by a text. It was from a specific number, their number, the group they worked for. By the way both of their phones went off, it was very likely a group text sent out to those on the 'front lines' so to speak. Banks frowned briefly as he read the messages, then glanced up to Parks, knowing she'd have something to say. He couldn't quite keep the grin from his face. This just made things more interesting in his eyes.

Siegfried&Roy
them
Others hunting packages.
them
Watch - Protect - Detain.
them
Report all incidents immediately - Gather all intel possible.

coded by natasha.

Roje Jenkins
1592116238884.png
Location: Abandoned Warehouse, NYC | Mood: Irritated, Uncomfortable, Grumpy

Sounds of grunts and short yells echoed within the warehouse as Roje punched a severely heavy and thick punching bag, taking out her frustrations out on it. The reddened moon was still out, making her feel incredibly paranoid as if something was going to come out of thin air to attack her and the only way she knew to shake the feeling was to train till it went away. But it's been hours and the feeling never shook off. Which was only fueling her irritability and her anger. Slamming her fist into the bag one last time she growled and huffed before dropping herself onto the padding on the floor and causing her to look up at the ceiling. "This is so fucking stupid. I cant shake this damn feeling." she muttered to herself, putting her arm over her eyes, her chest slowly rising and falling. Her current outfit being a sports bra and baggy black jogging pants. While laying on the ground, she suddenly got a chill up her back which caused her to shudder and get off the floor before running her hand through her hair and beginning to slowly pace around. Come on. I've been fine for years and all of a sudden I'm one edge? I'm paranoid. Ever since the moon changed colors, everything has been thrown off. Roje hated to feel this way. It made her react more out of her anger than usual and always hoped the Sun would come out as soon as possible.

Lifting her eyes up to the windows that lined the top of the warehouse walls, she noticed the light slowly fading away and the sun slowly beginning to take it's place. It took hours of training and distraction just to finally get the sun. Her pacing slowly came to a stop and her gaze shifted back down to look at the ring on her right hand, the ring that protected her from the sun, but at a cost of a witch's proposal. Of course, Roje didn't like waiting to hear the bargain but she had no choice if she wanted to be in the sun again. It was a price she had to pay and would gladly fill it out, as long as she didn't owe anyone else anything. With a shake of her head, she moved over to her bag and began to pack it back up. Her back to the entrance of the warehouse while being distracted by the bag. The vampire heard her phone buzz, causing her eyebrow to raise as she reached inside and pulled her phone out, looking at the notification on the front. From the looks of it, it seemed to be some random text message from a chainmail. Rolling her eyes, she unlocked her phone and deleted it before locking her phone and tossing it back in her bag before zipping it up and pulling it off the floor. Slugging the bag over her shoulder and turning around to head out of the warehouse.​

Yeo-Jin Park

“Meh,” She snorts,”Can always go back to ‘confirm their statement.’” Her fingers curl into air quotes. “My thoughts on it?” Jin perks. Now it’s getting somewhere interesting. Banks has his solemn moments in between the teases. “Well I thi--” A buzz from her phone cuts her, and she sighs, she was just about to go on a spiel about the entire thing being a scam and they’re just being used as glorified kidnappers--enforcers. Psch.

She pulls her phone out from the depths of her coat pocket, flipping it open. Yes, flip. Because she can’t be arsed to keep up with the constant flow of new models every month. She reads the lines quickly, flipping the phone close and tucked it back in. Banks was wearing his cheeky little grin. “Speaking of packages, does our lovely Florida branch have one? I keep hearing others in New York and Portland have gotten cool little assignments.” She says,”Could use the exercise.”

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Shia D'Shire

Tags: Evelyn Maeteris Maeteris Maylee Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees | Location: Houston, TX

The rest of the jet trip was pretty uneventful, save for the occasional snore slipping free from Shia as he slept. It was as if all the last couple of days caught up to him, and he slumbered hard. It wasn't until the jet did the landing on the tarmac, causing the plane to rumble and shake, that Shia finally stirred back to life.

When his eyes opened, Shia appeared to be well rested. There was a grace of a smile that reached the corners of his eyes, before he remembered where he was, and the responsibilities that came with his current position. He sat up and smoothed out his clothing while giving Miss Harper and Miss Song a respectful bow of his head. "Good day." He could tell it was day from the light outside the windows.

Shia checked his phone, seeing as they were landing, which hopefully meant they were in Houston at last. "I will make sure the car is waiting." Chances were strong they wouldn't have to go far to find it. Shouldn't have been too difficult for the driver to locate where Evelyn's jet would be landing, and park as close as was allowed. "We should acquire a wheeled luggage cart all the same."

Once the jet landed, Shia stood up and took a moment to stretch. "Thank you again, Miss Harper, for the use of your jet." A bow at the waist, even as he tried to prepare himself to hear his last name leave her lips in response. Really, really needed to change it. "And you Miss Song. Hopefully, we can correct what is wrong with the moon and you may both return home sooner rather than later."

After they disembarked, their luggage would already be loaded onto a cart, and a limo would be seen just beyond the gates around the landing area. The driver was dressed in a suit, and driver's hat, holding a sign which simply read "D'Shire".

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Chase Moon

Tags: Maddox @KodakWolf | Kansas 🚚 Texas

It was afternoon when Chase stirred, with many wuffles and a few groans of pain thrown into the mix. He had woken for breakfast when it was delivered, courtesy of Maddox. Having a full belly helped more than he'd admit, and he wound up falling asleep again soon after.

Legs still felt a bit wobbly, but Chase was able to reach the shower and out again without stumbling, much. He had until eight to meet up with Maddox and continue their trip South. He had the notion to sleep more, as it was highly unlikely he'd find more sleep in the night. He couldn't forget he had dozed off in the passenger seat with Maddox driving, maybe he would again. And thus, sleep was pushed aside.

Chase left the hotel room in favor of a walk, stretch the legs and all that jazz. It was a nice day, some clouds, a bit of a good breeze, and fresh air. One couldn't put a price on fresh air. And since it was free, Chase spent the rest of the day enjoying the outside in one fashion or another.

By the time eight neared, the sun was still in the sky. Chase had watched some of the television inside the hotel's diner, and it looked like sunset was closer to eight thirty. However, it seemed like Maddox was able to manage around some sunlight, so Chase waited in the diner. Even placed an order to go, one for the road, so to speak. Just a typical burger with fries, the milkshake he was going to enjoy first. Nothing like dessert before the main course.

Why he suddenly thought about Maddox then, Chase couldn't say. Wuffle wuffle.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Current Timeline: May 14th

Tags: Roje Britt-21 Britt-21

Upon returning home, Roje would notice she had a visitor waiting for her. He stood five foot seven, but only if you included his hair, which easily added several inches. Black hair looked like it had been endlessly sculpted with the upmost care into a spiky style Lady Gaga might find appealing. A black tank top showed off arms with toned muscles, indicating the visitor was probably someone who liked to physically train. Black jeans, black flat shoes, obviously a fan of the darker colors.

The visitor was still staring forward, though there was no way he could have missed hearing her approach. Black tinted shades hid his eyes from view, so it wasn't discernible exactly where his gaze fell. Arms crossed in front, he waited. If Roje thought to turn and leave, the figure would clear his throat, a small subtle sound meant to catch one's attention. Pretty much the equivalent of someone going "Ah ah!" at their cat before said feline got into trouble.

However, if Roje continued to approach the door to her apartment, and as such, the man standing beside it, the head would bow in a greeting. He spoke only when Roje put the key into the lock, or confronted him directly. Voice was steady, quiet, confident, and it bore a sense of magic.

"Your debt is being called. Your side of the bargain made is to be fulfilled."

The figure slowly unfolded one arm to display the rings on his right hand. One ring in particular, which matched the one Roje wore. The ring she made a deal for, a deal apparently being called in here, now.

coded by natasha.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Griffin Banks

Banks would have loved to heard Park's thoughts on the whole moon, but the interruption was quite possibly worth it. It was too early to tell. However, with Park's inquiry about any Florida packages, the grin was ear to ear. Quietly, he pulled out his phone and began to tap away.

Took only a couple of minutes to receive a reply, and Banks couldn't hold back a short laugh. He turned the phone around to show Parks. "Ask and ye shall receive."

Siegfried&Roy
me
Two here willing to help gather Florida packages.
them
Hold please.
them
Florida package available for pickup.
them
Login to portal for additional information.
me
Acknowledged

Banks wriggled his eyebrows. "So, wanna come back to my place and we'll log into this portal?" He had a way of making almost anything sound dirty, so dirty, and so much fun.

coded by natasha.

Roje Jenkins
1592160018803.png
Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words |Location: Home | Mood: Annoyed, On Guard

Roje couldn't miss the guy by her front door, not only did he wear dark clothes like she usually did, but his hair was spiky and he wore sunglasses. The air was tense, and she couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen. Taking in a deep breath, she shook her head and turned on her heels to walk away, only for the man to make a noise and cause her to sigh while closing her eyes Fuck... slowly, the Vampire turned back around and approached her door, pulling her keys out from her bag and speaking up "What the hell do you want?" she asked after he had bowed his head in greeting. Her guard never dropped and was prepared to attack if she had to, though as soon as she stuck her key into the door, he answered her. Causing her to pause her action and look over at him "Oh, great." she said with a sarcastic smile "I've been wondering when I was going to have to fill out my end of the deal." it was clear that she didn't want to deal with this early in the morning, but it seemed she had no choice. The witch she made a deal with, made it very clear that if she tried to avoid the deal, she would be hunted and executed. Roje didn't want that. She very much preferred living over being buried five feet under the ground.

Her eyes shifted down to the rings that decorated his hand, one matching her own. Seeing this made her huff and look back at her locks "Well the deal can wait till after I shower and change." she unlocked the door and pushed it open before stepping inside. "Come in, I guess. Sit down and don't touch at of my shit." she kicked off her shoes and kicked them to the side before turning and looking at the guy "Lock the door when you get in here." it was clear she was uncomfortable, and was very much keeping herself on guard. "Before you think to stalk me to my room to "prevent me from escaping", Think about how I didn't just run away moments ago." with that said, the moody vampire went to her room, pulled out her black jeans, leather jacket, black boots, and her black tank top and tossed them onto the bed before going to the bathroom and locking the door. Roje stepped into the shower and let the water run down her toned body, her eyes shut and her mind trying to clear. I really dont want to know what is in store for me. If I have to kill someone, fine. No big deal. Steal? Easy... Man my life is about to get so much worse, I can already feel it. It's not bad enough that I already have people wanting my head on a silver platter. staying underneath the hot water, she continued to think. Figuring out what she can do to mentally prepare for what is about to be thrown in her direction.

About 20 minutes went by before she finally had gotten out of the shower, drying off her body and heading to her bedroom, changing into her clothes, sliding her boots on and brushing her wet hair out. It would air dry and curl up with no issues on its own. Once done, she cracked her knuckles and tilted her head left and right to crack her neck. This relieved some stress before she went back out to her living room "Alright, talk. What's my debt." she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned more of her weight on one leg while the other relaxed "What's the price. Assassination? Stealing?" being blunt was one of her strong suits, but also her weakness. But getting right down to business was where she wanted to be. Get the information and get the job done. No time should be wasted, especially when she knew that when the moon was out, her paranoia kicked up, her breathing was a little harder.​

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

The man gave another nod at the invitation to come inside. Following her instructions, he did lock the door. There was a hint of a smirk on his face with her warnings, before he located a chair in the living room, and took residence in it, while still within Roje's line of sight. Fingers laced, hands rested in front of him, elbows on the arms of the chair. Shades still in place, his head turned in her direction, "I will wait."

And wait he did. The man was still in the same place, looking as if he had never moved, when Roje returned with her blunt questions on her due. Fingers remained calmly laced together, displaying an assortment of rings on every finger, both hands. When he spoke, it still bore a sense of magic somehow.

"You will be a bodyguard. If this means you kill someone to protect your charge, then you will kill someone. If your charge dies, your own life shall be considered forfeit." He let it sink in for a minute before he added, "We need to leave immediately, your rent shall be covered by the coven for the duration of your employ. All services will also be covered, room, board, meals, weapons, whatever you find you will need to achieve your goal, which is to keep your charge alive."

The man tilted his head to one side, "I will entertain any questions you have, now. Some answers will only be answered when the charge is transferred to your care."

coded by natasha.

Roje Jenkins
1592167513124.png
Interaction: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Home | Mood: Surprised

The words that escaped his mouth had definitely caught Roje off guard. A bodyguard? Hell, she was a bouncer at one point in the start of her being a Vampire. This, was easy. Something she can accomplish. The trade for this job was a nice coverage of her rent, as well as being provided a room, meals, etc. Just moments ago she was on the defense, thinking that she was going to have to drag herself through hell just to finish the debt she owed. No, they offered her a job that tickled her fancy and made her very excited for this job. A smirk was tugging at her lips and her expression was filled with amusement. "This is the type of Job I'm talking about. I have no complaints but I do have more questions." she glanced down at her feet for a moment before lifting them up and looking at the man sitting in her chair "How old is my charge? Are they Male or Female? What Race are they? What state are they located in?" these were vital pieces to what she was looking for. As for weapons, she needed to know who she was protecting. Her own body was already the number one weapon, after training for nine years. With supernatural strength on top of that, she could be pretty deadly as it is. Mortal weapons would be knives, as well as guns. Give her quick and easy openings to either fill her target with holes or slice them up into pieces.

"Also if we need to leave immediately, give me just a few moments to go on ahead and pack my bag. It shouldn't take more than a minute or two." she said it this way because she had high vampiric speed. No doubt it would be done with little time. "You can also answer my questions as I do this. I'll hear you." moving her arms from being crossed, her one hand tapped her ear before dashing to her room and rummaging through her closet, pulling out a large duffle bag and filling it with all the clothes that she would need. Even going into the bathroom and putting her essentials in like her hair brush, tooth brush, etc. Shampoo was easily replaceable along with tooth paste. While packing, she listened to the man sitting in her apartment, taking in all of the information he was feeding her. Making sure she had everything -or almost everything- down to a T. She then emerged from the deeper end of her apartment and came out to the living room, her duffle hanging off her shoulder.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Fingers went into a steeple position and rested against his chin, hiding the growth of the smirk into a smile. While she fluttered about packing with an inhuman speed, he answered her questions. "Your charge is being moved, hopefully today, and we will join them in Florida. He is eighteen, and of Fae heritage."

Which brought to mind something he needed to ask, in order to prepare Roje appropriately. "How is your sight? As in, do you have the ability to see other creatures in their true form, if they are in disguise? Or will you need assistance in this?"

It wouldn't be difficult, obtaining a special pair of glasses for Roje, if she needed them. Just paperwork. "And how are your other .. abilities since making the deal with our coven member? It will help me to properly equip you, if I know of your strengths."

When Roje emerged from packing, he gave a grin and added, "Also, I am called Key. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Jenkins."

coded by natasha.

Clementine Holt
After a long day at school Clementine found herself on the couch mindlessly watching television. The noise of the commercials droned in her ears as her eyes began to feel heavy. She began nodding off when a sudden knock on the front door alarmed her. Now fully awake, Clementine groaned and rubbed her tired eyes. With her grandparents gone, she contemplated hiding under a blanket and ignoring the person. However, she knew it was her responsibility to see who ever was bothering them.

She lazily dragged herself across the room to the door. She huffed and tugged the door open to meet the person with an unamused expression. When meeting the woman’s eyes Clementine felt a strange feeling rising in her throat. She was still feeling the after affects of dealing with Ash, leaving her timid around new people.

As the strangely eccentric woman began speaking Clementine’s nerves did not settle. She seemed to speak as though she knew Clementine, but she had no recollection of the stranger standing in front of her. When the woman touched made physical contact Clementine let out a shocked gasp. Her eyes widened in surprise and a feeling of fear washed over her. The quick retraction of the stranger’s hand seemed to ease the tension, but the high level of anxiety within Clementine did not falter.

Clementine listened to the woman with fearful eyes as she rattled on. She thought about telling the stranger she didn’t know what she was talking about and leave it at that, hoping she would take the hint a leave. However, when the woman mentioned the moon and the incident with Ash Clementine’s body froze. Her mind, previously racing in anxiety, settled on one single question. How? How did she know any of that? Her breath quickened as her mind began racing once again in frantic questioning.

When the woman stopped talking Clementine felt a rush of adrenaline course through her veins. Her hand tightened on the door knob as she stepped backwards into the house and slammed the door shut, quickly locking herself in the safety of the living room. Without thinking she ran through the house and into her room. Clementine shut the blinds on all her windows and wrapped a blanket around herself before she weaseled herself under the bed. She continued hyperventilating as her body curled up into a tight ball. A hand clenched the around the pendant on her necklace as Clementine tried to will herself to wake up from this nightmare she must be having.
Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees

Roje Jenkins
1592170655188.png
Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Home | Mood: Interested

Male, Eighteen, a Fae, and lives in Florida. Not a bad choice. Nice job Fae dude. As the guy continued on, she finally got his name, but obviously she didn't need to introduce herself, seeing as he knew her name. Last name specifically. Key was his name, simple and short "Glad to know that I dont have to introduce myself. But call me Roje. I prefer that over my last name." she informed him before beginning to to answer his questions "I don't have to see. I have my nose. But, yes I can see if others are using a Glamour of some sort to hide their true form. After being a Vampire for nine years, you learn a few things. Though I trust my nose more than my eyes no matter what." as for her other abilities, she let out a slight laugh "Listen, Key," she slipped her free hand into her jeans front pocket "I train every day, lift weights, box, spar. I know hand to hand." she then walked over to him and put her duffle on the ground, putting her hands on the edge of both armrests of his chair and leaned down, her look changing to something of that more seductive, her tone holding a bit more of a drawing sound to it "I also know my way around men and getting what I need...Or want for that matter." a daring woman she was, pulling something like this on a guy that could probably kill her. After all, he kept having magic radiate off him like smoke coming off ice on a hot day.

Many would think that Roje slept around, but in reality, she really didnt. Maybe three guys in the span of nine years. Whenever she wanted something, compelling was her go-to. Getting people enticed was just the fun and entertaining part of it all. Of course, it was always used on people and she refused to even go close to supernaturals that could have resistance to this. Pulling herself away from Key, she picked up her bag and moved to the door "C'mon Key, you said you wanted to leave ASAP. So lead the way." she opened the door and locked the bottom lock from the inside, looking over her shoulder at him "What are we using? Plane? Car?" once he had left her apartment, she closed the door and began to follow him. This is a distraction I needed, but unfortunately It's going to last till tonight. But I'm going to have to be on my highest guard if I'm watching over someone else on top of myself.

Winnie flinched at the sound of the door slamming, a memory far-removed yet deeply-embedded in her psyche tugging at the cobwebs in her head.
I thought I told you to s҉̰̳̳̬̦̝ţ͕͖a͓̰̤̻͘y̨̤͓̥͖̭̤ ̩̹͖͎̜̕t̠͕̫h̼̱̼̘̼͓͘ͅȩ̱̣̮͕̩ ̮̳̝̳̰̭͈f͍͝u̳̭̜c̨̰k̮͇͘ o͔͚̘u̮̙̕t ͙̘̙̝̥͜ͅo̬͇̠̜̗͔̪f̬̜̙͢ ͏̭̲̘m̩̠̣̠͚ͅͅy̸̬̠ ŕ͖̺͚̜̗̦ͅo̙̯͕͖̫̮̩o̲̳̯̻m—

With eyes squeezed shut, she pressed her hands over her ears, a tremor seizing her by the shoulders—until she opened her eyes and remembered she was, in fact, in front of a teenage girl's home in Nevada.

A teenage girl she was supposed to bring home with her.

"Clementine?" she squeaked timidly before remembering her cheerful facade and amending it to a more animated: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! I promise I just want to help! Oh, gosh, Winnie, you dummy, you really blew that one..."

She paused and held her ear briefly to the door, hoping her comforting tone might be enough to summon Clementine back—but as she heard another door slam shut inside, Winnie began to feel her knees tremble.

I have to bring her home, she repeated to herself, a mantra aimed to keep her grounded. I have to bring her home. I have to bring her home. They'll be angry if I don't.

Panic was swiftly beginning to climb up her throat, filling her mouth with bile. What now—? She had told Kessler to stay out of sight, not accounting for what to do if her attempt failed so spectacularly. Did she dare call them—? They would be angry with her, she was sure, but if she tried to come up with her own solution and failed at that, too—

Winnie's hand was trembling as she dialed her employers' number into her cell phone, her heart pounding in her ear as she held the phone to it. When a voice on the other end greeted her, her voice was barely a whisper in response:

"Um, I'm, I'm sorry, um—the girl, Clementine Holt, she—she ran inside, locked the door, um..."

Her tongue felt thick in her mouth as she tried to swallow the stinging bile. "Um, I, I wanted to—to ask for further instruction."

Her shoulders were statue-stiff, like a deer facing down a pair of headlights, as she awaited what she was sure would be a harsh rebuke.

winnie sawyer.

psychic vampire

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Key smirked when Roje leaned in and pulled her sexy allure. He remained silent, however, as he stood up to follow her outside. Once they were both heading out of the apartment building, he took a moment to tap on a watch worn around his left wrist. Just a single tap, and moments later a limo pulled up to the curb from around the block. Key opened the passenger door as the driver stepped around to put the luggage in the trunk.

Key held the door open and offered a hand for her to get in. It was only after they were inside the limo, and on their way that he spoke again. "Plane. We will arrive faster. If your charge has not arrived yet for the transfer, then we will have more time for debriefing."

He took a small pad of paper out of a side pocket in the door, and handed it with a pen over to Roje. "Please make an initial list of the items you feel you need to appropriately guard a charge, one of a Fae nature, to be exact. Luckily, this one's heritage was a mystery to them until fairly recently. Two years I believe, so they aren't as strong as most Fae, but still should not be underestimated. There will be times when you need to protect the charge from themselves."

coded by natasha.

Last edited:

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Consultation with Employers | Current Timeline: May 13th

Tags: Winnie Vinegar Bees Vinegar Bees Clementine AsherMasher AsherMasher

As usual, when this specific line was answered, the voice was masked. A necessary measure to protect the identity from such magics as sound tracking and more. It gave the person an almost robotic tone, with faint echoes upon echoes. If recorded, it would play back as white noise.

"Our instructions should have been clear. Obtain by any measures necessary. Alive does not mean unharmed. Any. Measures. Necessary. One has already failed, we would rather not see a repeat performance."

Winnie couldn't withhold a wince at her employer's harsh tone (or, rather, what would be a harsh tone if not for the audio distortion). "One... already failed...? Who..." She caught herself asking a question out of turn and swiftly backpedaled. "I-I'm sorry, I meant—! I... If I break into her house, the neighbors will see..."

There was a pause, only for a moment, but the silence felt like it lasted longer. "The Revenant failed." They didn't have to answer her question, but they chose to for now. The tone was thick with a reprimand not yet voiced. "We have generously provided you and your partner with various tools at your disposal, have we not? Make it so the neighbors do not see. Think outside the box your human body was constrained with. Fix. It."

"Y-Yes, sir, um, I..." Winnie's mind raced as she tried to come up with a quick solution. If she told her employer that she and Kessler had split up, he would likely be even angrier with her—and Kessler was the one who had the magic. Winnie's psychic abilities weren't worth much when she couldn't make eye contact with the girl...

A hard lump formed in her throat as an idea floated to the surface. She didn't want to hurt the girl, physically or emotionally, if she could help it...

A sinister part of her whispered: And? Who was there to protect you when you needed it?

No one.

Trembling, Winnie swallowed the lump in her throat and spoke quietly into the phone: "Sir, I'd... I'd like to ask... permission to capture her grandparents."

Silence once more lingered, but when they spoke again, the tone was a little softer. "Permission granted. Their well being is inconsequential in the end. Agent Kessler should have the means to track their whereabouts as needed. Proceed. We hope the next time we hear from you is confirmation of your success." And the call ended on their side.

coded by natasha.

Roje Jenkins
1592176104125.png
Interactions: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Limo

Roje was once again, surprised to see a Limo pulling up. To avoid looking important, you don't use Limos. But clearly this guy didn't have a care in the world for it and just causally had it roll up to her apartment. Lifting a hand to her head, she rubbed her temples with a sigh. "Fucking hell, Key." dropping her hand, she moved closer to the limo and allowed the driver to take the duffle from her and put it into the trunk. While Key held the door open for her and held his hand out, she ignored the hand and got in without a problem, scooting over so he had room. Upon making herself comfortable, she crossed one leg over the other. The choice of travel happened to be a plane, which was fine for her. Probably about a two hour flight, which wasn't bad at all. When handed a Pen and a small pad of paper, she looked down at it and then back at Key "Well tell me what I need to do just to keep him protected from himself. What am I working with exactly? There are different Faes, so I want to know which one I'm going to be guarding. I really don't feel like getting killed by my own charge if something does get out of hand."

The Vampire began to write down what she already needed, which was a pistol, and some smaller knives that she could hide around her body. Gently she began to tap the pen against the pad, biting her lip in thought. Being already well equipped...Well...She couldn't really ask for much in terms of protection. She could heal practically everything, except for things that are designed to kill her. Roje glanced over at Key and tilted her head slightly "Since I'm a vampire, I can always stay awake day in and day out just to keep an eye out on this guy. What threats would be coming his way? Hunters? Werewolves? Perhaps demons for all I fucking know." She would definitely need holy water if Demons were going to go after this kid. Yeah her work was already cut out for her, knowing that there were so many supernaturals. Writing down on her pad, she wrote a wooden Stake and a Silver stake. Vampires and Werewolf weapons. Fighting against her own kind was a pain in the ass, and Wolves..Man they were just as bad with their large forms and their bites.​

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Key just smiled at her response of a limo, a smile that said he had his reasons. As for the type of charge, "Closest relation would be a Pooka, but.. not. Have you heard of a Duster? They are fairly rare, which is why we are sparing no expense at this one's protection. It will be explained in the debriefing, to talk about it here without the proper wards would be foolish. And neither of us are foolish."

He made a small gesture to the list she was making. "You'll have time to add or subtract items. This is to make sure we have an idea of what items would be in stock, or if we need to start pulling from one of our warehouses."

Key sank into the seat, getting comfortable for the drive to the airport. Fingers laced and rested on his chest, shades still in place as his head turned, regarding Roje. The questions she asked were wise, and smart inquiries. It bode well for her continued employment.

"Basics I can share with you now. It is important to maintain a hands off approach with your charge. If contact must be made, there will be protection. I'm not yet sure of the form, if it will be spells or gloves, but there will be protection provided. As for threats, there's really no limit. It can be anything, anyone. We have recently gained knowledge of another group attempting to intercept our charges. Information is still being gathered, but we cannot let them stop us from our ultimate goal."

There was a few moments where he paused, looking out the front windshield, as if to make sure they were going the right way. He did continue after a fashion. "Taking care of the moon."

coded by natasha.

Roje Jenkins
1592179284623.png

A Fae that's a Duster, a rare creature which is why she was being assigned to protect him. Eyes slowly narrowing, she wanted to ask more but he was right. Someone could be listening and letting out that information was a bad idea. Alright, scratch that information off the table for now. From all the information he was giving her, it sounded like she was some kind of Mercenary hired by the mafia or some shit. While he spoke, she added more to her list, Holy Water being another weapon. If everything and their mother was going to come at this Fae, she had to be fully prepared for anything and everything. Despite not knowing what hurt Faes, she knew a bite and a good kick in the ass would do the trick. However, as soon as her Employer mentioned taking care of the moon, her eyes widened and she looked at Key with a look of shock "What!? Wait wait wait, you're trying to take care of the moon? How the hell... How the hell do you take care of the moon? Do you have some 50 million dollar rocket sitting somewhere to send us to space?" she tossed her pen and pad to the side, her full attention on Key now. It was good to know that they were gonna help the moon but...Why bring in a Vampire who has anger issues? What purpose did she serve, other than to protect an asset?

"Listen, Key. I didn't sign up to be an astronaut and go to the moon. I know it's clearly broken the past few days, but that does not immediately consider me a Body Guard and an Astronaut." sometimes she thought a little bit too fast and refused to let others speak and clarify. Taking a deep breath and then letting out a huff, she spoke again "Okay, so you're trying to save the moon. Does this even have any relation to the asset I'm protecting? Or is it completely unrelated?" if it was unrelated, then fine. But she was not going to follow through with a plan to go on a rocket to the moon. Though, that may not even be the case and they just needed some powerful magic to heal the moon. Even so, it wouldn't explain why the Vampire would be involved in something like this. On top of it all, he just...casually revealed important information about his plan... He's so lucky I'm not someone who could easily take this information to the organization that apparently just popped up. Roje wondered if he even realized what he told her. She couldn't help but ask "Were you meant to even tell me that you were gonna take care of the moon? Or did you just slip up?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Key couldn't help it, he laughed. It felt good to laugh, too, with everything going on. "We're not going to the moon. Your charge is one of many, who will assist us in taking care of the moon. But, we are not going to the moon, nor are they."

Key rubbed his temples as the mirth lingered, but only for a brief moment. He grew serious rather quickly. "It is important that you understand the severity of the tasks you will face. The moon affects more than most understand, the ebb and flow of the tides, not to mention it functions as a stabilizer to Earth's gravity. Bluntly, without the moon, there's no hope for Earth surviving."

He waited a moment, studying Roje's reaction before continuing. "Your job remains the same, to protect your charge, here. On Earth, so we can get him where he needs to go, not the moon, but where others are who can help guide him to use his abilities."

Key smirked, "So no walking on the moon for you."

coded by natasha.

Roje Jenkins
1592183208767.png

Of course she made the guy laugh, but it was about time some of the air got some lightness to it. "I'm perfectly fine with not being able to walk the moon. You wouldn't want a short-tempered Vampire up there anyway. So I'm included in this whole ordeal in more ways than one, Great." she sat back in her seat and crossed her arms "So this guy I gotta protect until we can fix the moon. Doesn't sound too difficult, but by living in New York City, I've learned that things will fall over like domino's and it wont stop." he had mentioned others as well, so there were more involved with this than she thought. At one point she had gotten caught up in a lot of fucked up shit and she had to fight her way through it all. Days upon Days this happened, how she got out alive? Sheer Willpower. Her will to live and kick every ass she could just to live. Scratched up, bloodied, clothes torn...and she still kept fighting. So she knew that for a fact she could protect this important asset. If he was as important as Key was making him out to be, then she would die to protect this guy, just to save the world. Cliche, yes, but true. Despite her tendencies to explode, be a smartass, and snippy. She had morals that made her different and more likable under all of her tough skin.

"I'll do everything in my power to keep him safe, Key. If him living means the moon gets healed and the earth gets saved, then I'd die for that." she admitted to Key "I know the moon causes things to react differently at night. Because even I feel it. I get more paranoid at night, feeling as if something is gonna happen. I even cant breathe properly with that moon out." she shook her head, glancing at a window "If the affects get worse, I'll let you know. I wont be able to protect your asset if my Paranoia and my breathing gets to critical condition that would render me unable to protect at night." in all honesty, she really had hoped this wasn't the case and she wouldn't run into such a problem. Despite telling Key that she would inform him, she would be stubborn enough to fight it and pretend she's fine when she's not. Lifting her hands, she moved her hair away from her face and lifted it for just a moment, exposing a small tattoo behind her right ear, a crescent moon over some kind of symbol. The tattoo had meaning to her and usually would forget from time to time since it was somewhere that she didn't see on the daily.

Dropping her hair, she spoke again "Does he know we're coming, Key?" she asked, glancing at him.​

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Out Of Words

Key nodded his head, pleased when Roje seemed to be taking her part of the deal to heart. The way she spoke indicated she wouldn't be one of those who fought to find some loophole out of a mage contract, but embrace her duty head-on.

When she talked about the moon affecting her, there was a small tilt of his head, followed with a nod. "Of course. Let me know of all your symptoms, perhaps we can find something to alleviate it, to some small degree."

A shifting of his body in the seat, Key searched her hands for the ring. When he spotted it, he gestured to it. "We might be able to add something to the ring you have, or perhaps create another. Options we can discuss later." He sat back, pondering silently when she asked about her charge knowing if they were coming.

"Us? No. However.." He checked the watch on his wrist. "Hopefully he should be in transit for a transfer. By the time we land, I will know more of his current status. We'll proceed from there." They were pulling up to the airport and entered a private area. "It will be just us, and the staff on the plane. An example of how the coven will provide well for its members."

coded by natasha.

Roje Jenkins
1592185962001.png
Interaction: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Airport

There was a way to possibly alleviate her symptoms? That sounded too good to be true, so she didn't put much thought into it. Mentioning her ring, she looked down at it and clenched her fist a little "There's no way you're getting this ring unless you take it overnight to get it worked on so you can get it to me by morning. The sun hurts a lot more than you think it does." though the sound of another ring sounded like a good idea to her, but even then, it's another debt she would have to pay back. So maybe just using the ring she had now would make it easier, but it would make it hard to do anything if she didn't have it with her during the day and would make her useless as a bodyguard. The poor kid would be stuck with her inside and avoiding the sun at all costs. "This ring is my life. The only thing that makes me feel even remotely human. So to let go of it so easily... That wont happen. If I request another ring, that's just another set of debt with what I already have. Unless you plan to give me another ring, Risk free." which was something she highly doubted. Magic always came with a price. No matter what form it came in...Perhaps that's what happened with the moon. Someone messed with magic at the price of the moon starting to be earth's downfall.

"Your plane ride will not be boring, I can tell you that right now." he kept sparking more and more questions that she wanted to be answered. So many questions, so little time. Looking back out the window, she noticed they were going into the private area now. Her eyes watching as they passed various hangars that held different planes. More and more questions continued to pile within her mind and soon enough, the limo had come to a full stop and taking a look at the plane they stopped at, it was clear that this plane was the one they were taking. "Didn't take long to get here. Made good time." she then opened the door and got out on her end, closing the door behind her while the driver went to the trunk and opened it, taking her duffle out "Here, you don't gotta hold it. Thank you." she said, grabbing the bag from him and turning back to the plane "Thank you for your services too, sir." following Key to the plane, the side was open and ready to be boarded. "This honestly feels like I'm being spoiled, and I really don't like that feeling."

Many would be stoked to ride a private plane. Roje? She was skeptical about fancy shit like this. She preferred her common clothes, cars, etc. Clutching the band of her bag a little tighter, she took a deep breath and followed Key into the plane where she was greeted by one of the employees and her bag was taken once again. The Vampire wanted to protest but she really couldn't at this rate. With a sigh, she let the employee take the bag somewhere and she moved to a chair, taking a seat and taking a good look at her surroundings. Feeling currently uncomfortable in her position, she tried to hide such discomfort.​

Yeo-Jin Park

Banks did his thing with his eyebrows, honestly she couldn’t figure out how to move them like squiggly lines etched on her face. One thing she did know though, it annoyed her. “Yeah, sure.” Her eyes narrow as she finishes her drink, the aftertaste of floating plastic stinging her buds. “Let’s get a move on then! I don’t got all night, buster.” She stands suddenly, her feet carrying her quickly towards the exit.

Morsels.

A sole word passes through her mind as she takes a last whiff. She steps into open air a second later, liberating her senses from the buffet. She clicks her tongue, “Didn’t think there’d be that many people on a weekday night.” She mutters.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Griffin Banks

Banks grinned and quickly followed Parks outside. "Yeah well, it's a good place to go and forget about things for a while." He moved ot the sidewalk to hail a cab since they had walked to the bar. Banks would rather just get home quick, and get the information. His interest was piqued for certain, he could only imagine Park's.

It really wasn't far, by cab, as he lived within walking distance of the precinct. Once there, he paid the driver, and even held the door for Park and everything. He tossed his coat onto the counter once inside, moving to his computer, "Just close and lock it behind you. Let's see what this package is."

Banks' place was simple, with a very minimalist style, as in the less shit he had, the less he had to keep clean. Two bedroom, one bath apartment on the fourth floor. Open space more than walled off rooms, his California King sized bed was visible from the living room, as was his den, where he headed now.

Only took a moment to settle behind the beast of a PC, and pull up the portal. Both Banks and Park had access to the portal, a place where they could log in and retrieve and provide information to the coven. Usually used when a text message would be too risky. The portal had been warded to hell and back again by some hacker extraordinaire. Sometimes it felt safer than person to person.

He was quickly waving Park over. "Shit. Hope you have some sick time. We need to call in sick tomorrow, maybe the day after. This is prime." He sat back and offered an arm to Park without really thinking about it. Like he would let her sit on his knee if she wanted kind of motion. He obviously felt comfortable around her.

Either way, he gestured to the screen with his other hand as he went over the information. His voice hushed with the sheer importance this mission held. "Fae. A fucking Fae, Park. With a list of precautions to take. We've got to retrieve the package and take it to Block C by tomorrow evening." The grin was as wide as it had ever been. "This is fucking gold."

]
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back