• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I came up with this idea not too long ago, and didn't really have anything concrete until now. Simply put, the idea is simply the same as your average Magical Girl TV show, but with a bit of a twist. Instead of some overarching plot like normally, where Magical Girls pop up to stop some evil overlord from taking over some mystical other-world kingdom, it's more akin to Madoka Magica or Magical Girl Raising Project, where Magical Girls/Boys have always existed, and are working behind the scenes.

Simply put, they are young girls and boys who gain power from something called "The Will of Gaea." Because of this, over the years different factions of Magical Girls/Boys have popped up. For the longest time, there was only one faction that had enough power to lord over the other factions. This faction had the most hands-off philosophy. That is, let humanity develop organically, only interfering when generic evil monsters popped up. How ever, slowly other factions started popping up, with varying degrees of ideas on how much these super-powered people should interfere with normal society. Eventually, a split took place in the management of that oldest most powerful faction, causing a civil war to start, which would last up to just before the start of the RP.

There was no clear winner of this RP, as both sides of the old faction would practically tear themselves apart, ending in a sort of Interregnum state of cold-war. This, of course, causes a power vacuum to happen, right around the time where rumors start popping up of a deep-web game beginning that supposedly would grant the winner God-like powers.

All in all, I'm curious if anyone would be interested in joining an RP with this setting.

Oh, also... Since this has happened far too many times to me already. Please, only state you're interested if you have the time/energy to actually join the RP. I don't want another round of "5 people are interested, no one actually joins."

Well, if you can get maybe 3 or 4 other people to post here showing interest, then I can set up the OOC/CS thread for the RP. Probably be doing that sometime tomorrow at the earliest though, as it's late here.

Well I atted all the people I know who are into the magical girl/boy genre, but they haven't answered?

I'll be honest, I'm actually surprised that there aren't a lot of people commenting on this thread... For a while there, Magical Girl RPs were everywhere on the forums that I frequent, so I figured there'd be at least 3 or 4 people who'd comment...

Guess it's fallen out of fashion?

Yeah I've never seen them be that popular overall, but the one I was in before had a huge cast, so I'm surprised too :/
I guess the magical girl genre is a little bit old school, but I still love it xD

Yeah, that's why I figured the twist of "There is no clear 'bad guy' would be an interesting draw, enough to the people who might be burned out on the genre to come back. It does help that a lot of the plots in my RPs are semi-open ended, as that always helped me when I DMed DnD games on the regular. (Had an old groop back in the early days of 3.5 that met up roughly once or twice a month.)

Yeah that RP I was in had that too- magical girls vs. monsters and each other; makes it awesome ^^

You don't see it often enough that I figured it would get SOME people interested. The idea was that the rumor going around about the "Powers of a god." game would cause a bit of conflict between players, pushing the plot forward as time went on.

On the other hand, it's possible that very last part of my post is what's scaring everyone else away. I mean, as I said before, I've seen far too many good sounding RPs die because none of the players stayed interested long enough to post even a simple CS. Even on here.

I mean it makes sense to post in an interest thread if you're actually interested in joining the RP (unless, like me, you just want to tell people you think their concept is cool, or you're in the habit of lurking around every new thread started by your friends xD )

Yeah, I understand comments like "Idea sounds cool!" and the like, but when you express blatant interest in joining and then don't even bother making a character, I just find it to be rather rude. It's almost as bad as the people who pull out right after making a character because they "Took on more then they could handle."

Either way, feel free to message any of your friends that you'd think would be interested in actually joining.
I suppose we could do a 1x1 RP set in the same universe while we wait?

I feel like character creation is the most time-consuming part of the process.
When RPs die right after I created my character and I don't even get to play them or have them interact with anyone I get so mad!
I already @'ed everyone I know is into the magical girl genre, but I guess they're not that active? :/
I'm not really a big fan of 1x1, but I suppose we could try.

Hey, if you're not into 1x1s that's fine. It's either that, or we start the group RP with just us, and pray others get interested once things startup.

Yeah, but I've seen people skip the interest check all together and start an RP, only to have the RP run for several pages. It's a bit of a gamble, but one that could go rather well.

I mean, I posted this one just about half a week ago, on the weekend, when most people are focusing on the ones they've already joined, and maybe aren't even checking the interest threads. I tend to go about a week, before either throwing in the towel, or starting the RP if only a portion of the people I hoped for join.

Wouldn't the weekend be when people are checking interest threads and deciding on new RPs to join though?

Sometimes, it seems to be random here to be honest. Sometimes I see interest threads blow up on thursday. then the next week they blow up on tuesday and wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back