• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy A Guild That Lumbers Forth

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
  • Introduction

It was the 17th of Hofesh, in the year 1074.

A cold evening, the sun already setting behind the horizon, with the purplish-orange disk of blurry light the only indicator of its last known location. Ethereal snowflakes fell down upon the field of endless battle. Steel met steel, the snow becoming red and warm. Power clashed against power, artifact against artifact, crime against crime.

Archaic technologies long-forgotten unveiled as weapons in the perennial conflict that doomed the continent of Ebox. The spirits of heroes, rogues, and wizards cursed, spearheaded the path into enemy ranks, and fell in quick succession. It was another day in a war that had been steadily going on for thirty-seven years, and those who would end it met constant failure.

There was no power more utilized for the task of warfare than magic, and magic required mana: primal energy. The most available of mana sources was Findross: the greater source of the outer universe.

Findross had been honored as the lifeblood of the world, the entropy-defying engine fluid of the universe. It was tapped into by martial artists and prana-weavers alike, utilized to channel great might and magic that no mortal could dream of otherwise.

One man corrupted it. One man found the truth of polarity. One man unlocked the secrets of the forbidden. And in one fell swoop, he ended the war on that eventide on the battlefields of the Auseyas front.

"If Findross is the lifeblood of the world, then Findross is a mathematical one. If there is a one, there is a zero, somewhere, that serves as a mirror, and behind that mirror must lie the opposite statement."

Thus he founded Void, and Void was the most terrible mistress. The opposite statement: the deathblood of the anti-world, the gushing root of entropy from which everything came, and to which everything was supposed to return... only he forced the return to be earlier than expected.

Armies were annihilated. Cities were shattered. In only five minutes, thousands were already dead to his novel witchcraft. There was no ward, no artifact, that could protect from his vile power, for the power was a swarm of lice that ate its way through plate, warding, magic, and even logic.

He called this power the Spoken Silence - the anti-tongue. Spoken in response to a speech of zeal, it dissolved it into doubts. Said in a prayer, it rotted religion. Weak mortals could not resist it, and even the mighty found themselves clouding with doubt, hesitation, and fear. It rendered thoughts and voices into nonsensical glossolalia and dissolved understanding like a cocktail of acids eating through precious metals. Pages containing it shriveled. Stories spoken in it ended. Minds exposed to it became empty vessels, well-prepared to receive the Sacrament of Silence.

In a day, the nearest armies bent like a steel rod clad between the gauntleted fists of a monstrous ogre. It wasn't an easy task - it took months, alas, but the persistent war eventually ended at the hands of this one man. Kings were brutally dethroned, queens became hopeless brides, and this man - Turenval - was no longer mortal man, but immortal lich. This marked the founding of the Millennial Empire and the rise of the Millennial Emperor.

Almost immediately, the first resistance groups started pooling their resources together... this is the story of one such group, and its connection to the others.
June Verles June Verles Noble Scion Noble Scion Epiphany Epiphany Hanarei Hanarei Kylesar1 Kylesar1 FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer Swire Swire Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi Fable Fable

I suggest listening to the OSTs as you read.
They add the appropriate drama levels necessary to cope with this project.

nurhalimah_the_lumberjack_by_cleife-d4jckka.png

Well, looks like it's about time to cut down some trees! My lumberjack dreams are finally a reality!

"Glory to the Yu'Vath"....... THAT'S IT IM GETTING MA FLAMER!!!

Yes. Wonderful. This will be the greatest lumber season recorded in the Book of Logs.

The characters can be anything. Literally anything. So long as it fits thematically into the setting presented above, you are open, welcome, and encouraged to surprise, shock, revel, and disgust me. From the dewy-eyed simpleton lumberjack that discovered his entire profession is a lie, to the beautiful cloaked assassin vampire lady with throwing daggers hidden in her ass, to the automaton ex-military veteran that gets drunk on motor oil in the tavern attached to the nearest guildhall.

Give me a bizarre pitch and I'll give you a bizarre pitch. I will play one of the three concepts above. And I will let anyone in the Interest Check (up to and including people who have no intention of even playing) vote on which concept I should run with.

Edit:
62b5d304a6ec1b55799c019c3a785302.png

BirdsieToday at 7:39 PM
I think

[7:39 PM]
I'm going to make like

68c5a5ef27febd6f7a4d936bae25fae9.png
QuestionableToday at 7:39 PM
imagine no one picks

62b5d304a6ec1b55799c019c3a785302.png
BirdsieToday at 7:39 PM
a shounen protagonist

but instead of his parents being killed by monsters

his parents were crushed by a fallen tree

and instead of a giant sword

he carries around a giant axe

f93d18d9d3789dbb19dd98d4b5fa00bc.png
Lacuna EpiskiazoToday at 7:40 PM
If no one votes for any of the three concepts Birdsie pitched (or I get a threeway tie), I will play the exact same protagonist Birdsie just mentioned.

[7:40 PM]
There will be two of him.

Epiphany Epiphany

Vote for the Vampire. Though you should add that she gets really offended about anything vampire related like...

"Hey don't make garlic bread tonight, trying to watch my carbs!"

"Why cause I'm a vampire I can't eat garlic? Wow real original thanks..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back