• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
…Did they really just go crawling in the sewer? As much as Nori would rather call it a day and head home, she couldn’t just let Eelaine go like that. Not before she paid for what she’s done, anyway. Groaning, the octoling stood up and followed the others. “I can’t believe I’m doing this.”

Sooner or later, she ended up in a strange place, like nothing she had ever seen before. Even more bizarre was seeing one half of The Squid Sisters hugging on Liam as if…well, as if they knew each other.

For a moment, Nori just stood there. The shock on her face was evident even with a mask covering most of it. “What the…” She shook her head like she was trying to wake herself up from a dream. “What the shell is going on?”

Last edited:
Callie looks up at Nori- “oh- well, her father had to leave for a while for safety reasons, and it’s resurfaced a lot of trauma. She- isn’t ok right now.”
Callie hugs liam tighter and kisses her on the top of her head
She mutters- “Mama’s here- that old man (cap’n cuttlefish) won’t lay a finger on you.”

Last edited:
"Well, guess we're all in for surprises. And don't you worry, Liam. I'll help out with finding Octavio." Jace responded with a slight grin before it then turned into a nervous one. He rubbed the back of his head before he sighed quietly. "Though I'm not sure how...he would respond with seeing me again. Whatever the case, I'll try to get him back. I will need to defend myself if I'm faced with danger, though." He spoke, "Callie, is my Hero Shot still in the shed?"

“See? Like he said baby, we’ll find him.” She then turns to Jace- “yes, it should still be in the shed- be careful though, there’s a lot of new weapons in there since 17 joined- I’ve tripped over them many a time.” She says sheepishly

"Hey....by any chance, you know where Marie is? I'm surprised she's not here with you, considering she did recruit me for this." Jace spoke as he went into the Cabin, already trying to look for the weapon he so chose. He saw the Hero Roller, the Charger. He stopped walking as he then saw the weapons he so used. He grabbed the Dualies before he then started to grin a bit more, spinning them a bit.

Quickly, he walked back out after grabbing his Hero Headset. "Agent 4, reporting for duty."

A tired, grumpy inkling woman walks up from the other side of the canyon-

“Oh, hey four.” Marie looks somehow more grumpy than usual

Callie continues her effort to help Liam feel better- “it’ll be ok- do you have your photo?”
“N-no- c-carp, i left it on the table-“ -sniffle-
“That’s alright- Marie, could you please get that?”
“No.”
“Marie-“
“I f*cking hate you and your dumb kids.”
“That’s nice, get the photo.”
“Fiiiiine. . .” She groans

As Liam ran away, Fiona was pushed to the floor (on accident) by Eelaine as the group wandered into the sewer grate. Usually she'd be there with her friends to explore but...
I think I could use a quick break. Plus, she may actually prefer a bit of quiet.
Fiona got back up to see the picture more clearly.
I can see vague references to Callie and my previous ruler, but there's no way any of that could happen, right?
Then she started thinking back. She remembered how Liam and Jace actually look... different compared to other Octolings and Inklings. They seemed... unique.
Maybe that's why she's got the hots for him.
If that was Octavio and Callie with a young Liam... At least the offspring was plausible.
Something just didn't feel right though. She just met this girl, well, all of them for that matter. And she already fessed up to having a weird parent situation? This isn't right for her to just barge into Liam's life like that, no matter how much she leads Fiona in.
Why did she bring this up all of a-
"Aw ship..."
It was her fault. She was the one who brought Callie up, she was the one who just made a random sacrifice fly into the salmon pit, she was the one to break Nori's phone.
It's my fault we're in this mess... I need to do something. But what can I do? Everything I have done so far just flops, so what is my best option?
Tears well up in her eyes, leaving yellow stains on her parka.
heh... I can be such a klutz, can't I?
She begins crying harder, but she doesn't want to show it, so she folds her arms into a pillow and rests her face into them.
Why is it always me... even if it isn't... I try to be happy but why do I suddenly just stop?
No one was around to see her, or at least not any of those guys. As long as they didn't see... maybe it was okay...

Frustrated, Nori pivoted between the so-called Agent 4 and the ex-idol. “Wait, what? You guys know each other? How?”

It was just one earth-shattering revelation after another. Nori wasn’t sure if she could handle any more. Next they were going to say that Marina was actually an inkling in disguise. “Can someone just tell me what’s happening here?!”

Last edited:
Jace flinched when he heard someone spoke. He slowly turned to see Nori standing there. "O-Oh! Hey, Nori..." He spoke, surprised to see her there. Did she actually follow them? And what of the rest of the group. He shook his head a bit before he then fully turned himself to stare at her. "Well, since you asked um...you remember when the Great Zapfish went missing and how it was brought back like how Callie was too? Yeah, uh...I was the one who helped get it back to Inkopolis. I'm Agent 4, a part of a the Squidbeak Splatoon. Callie can explain it better than I can." He spoke sheepishly.

Callie does her best- “yes, well- he helped erm- uh- oh, well the original story is all falling apart now, isn’t it. . .” She frowns.
“Well- four stopped Octavio from taking the zapfish a while back. Yeah- that’s a simple way to put it.”

Liam has stopped crying by now, and is hugging the zapfish plushie that was on the couch- she stays quiet though, only listening to the conversation.

More confused now than ever before, Eelaine didn't know what to believe anymore. She felt like she was supposed to put on a tinfoil hat to camouflage herself with this group of crazies talking nonsense after sliding through the sewers. The thought made her chuckle out loud, but she quickly realised how insensitive that made her look. She rubbed her bandaid profusely without even noticing what was going on around her anymore, like half of the squid sisters being directly in front of her AND related to her new friend, the other half seemingly unhappy with that fact, her other friend missing and another being a legendary agent in the secret service. Thoughts racing in her mind, all she could manage to say was "'Scuse me-", before tripping and throwing up all over the floor. Dizzy and only half conscious, she stood up and steadied herself on Nori's shoulder. "Well that was-" And with that she fell to the ground with a loud *thud*.

Marie holds her hand over her mouth and emits a snort as her cheeks puffed up, trying her best not to burst into laughter at the girl’s sudden outburst of shock.

“Oh goodness-!” Callie’s eyes widen when she falls, and avoiding stepping in the vomit, she hurries over to check if Elaine is ok

At first, Nori thought that the inkling was putting on an act. Just a sneaky excuse to leave and get out of paying her debt. But that vomit looked—and smelled—pretty real.

“Whoa, hey!” She looked down to see a lifeless Eelaine. Horrified, she staggered back, unsure of what to do, not knowing if she should even attempt to do something.

“Is…” The octoling peeked over Callie’s shoulder a bit. “Is she okay?”

Callie checks her pulse- “she’s alive- something must have triggered something. Oh dear- i hope it isn’t my fault. . .”

Liam also runs over to check on her friend- however still silent, she helps her mother pick Eelaine up and set her on the couch.
She then takes her Zapfish plushie and uses it as a makeshift pillow for her.

All Nori could do was watch as their sick friend was carried away. Even from a distance she could see just how pale and clammy the inkling’s skin was. Even the colour in her tentacles seemed to dull. She felt…was it guilt? At the very least, she kind of wished she hadn’t been so hard on the poor kid.

“Jeez…” Nori sighed and turned to see that Jace was still there. His explanation from earlier came back to smack her across the face. “Wait, you mean…You were the one who did that?” She shook her head. “Never mind. What are we gonna do about, uh, Eely? Should we take her home or something?”

Last edited:
"Yeah, I was the one who did that...." Jace admitted sheepishly before he then rubbed the back of his head, "Though, it wouldn't have been...solved if Callie and Marie didn't help out there. I would've been turned into what the DJ calls Squid stew." He chuckled quietly after that part before he shivered a bit, the small grin that was on his face fading slightly.

"Yeah, we should help her out." The Inktoling agreed as he then made his way around the vomit and aided in getting Eelaine up. He knew that this was probably something happening because of what is going on but he couldn't blame her. This would be a shock to almost anyone.

Liam looks at Eelaine with a concerned look before her eyes suddenly widen, and she stands up quickly- “Oh no! Oh carp! Oh shrimp! I forgot! Marie, gimme your phone!”
Marie rolls her eyes- “get me an Egon Mantis and maybe.”
“MARIE! Now is not the time! I need your phone to contact my brother because i get no signal out here, and i need your basement, too.”
“I said fancy wine, bitch.”
“FINE! Just gimme the phone!”
Marie hands over her cell phone and Liam calls somebody- “Cal! Practice! You have my bass, right? . . . Great! I’ll be on my way in a few.” She hangs up and hands the phone back to marie

Last edited:
Eelaine finally regained consciousness.
"Ugh... what... happened..." The inkling looked up at Jace, and then at the zapfish plushie clutched in her arms. Clumsily stepping in a puddle of unidentified liquid, she recoiled with a confused look on her face until she absently wiped her face, identifying the very same mystery substance.
Holding her head, she whispered "Gee... how long was I out for? Sorry about all the mess... and making you see me like this I guess. I swear this stuff never happens."
She looked genuinely ashamed of herself for such a display in front of her friends. And... BOTH the squid sisters?? She must've forgotten noticing them before, as she couldn't even remember how she got here or where she was. She tried to keep it cool as not to embarrass herself further, if such a thing was even possible after throwing up and fainting in front of two of the biggest idols around.
"So are we going somewhere or?? Also where is Fiona? Is she alright??"
Eelaine tried her best not to be overwhelmed by her own questions but in reality, she just wanted to go home and take a long nap.

“I think she’s still in the square- but there’s no time for that! I have to go! Er- you guys can come with if you want!”
She frantically gets her hair tied up and her backpack on, tossing Eelaine a tissue- “here- wipe your face.”

Though Nori followed the agent to the little shack, she kept her distance once it came to getting Eelaine back on her feet. She wasn’t too excited about getting close to someone who just dumped chum all over the place. What if…whatever it was, was contagious? The last thing any of them needed was another hospital patient.

Still, it was easy to see that Jace couldn’t do it alone. Swallowing her pride, she positioned herself under Eelaine’s arm, effectively becoming her crutch.

“Who cares? She’s not the one puking all over everything.” Nori muttered. “The only place you’re going is home, and you’re gonna show us where that is.”

After making that almost-threat, she pinned Liam with a glare. “Cod, are you seriously still going on about your stupid band practice? At a time like this?” She huffed loudly. “At least help us get this barf bag outta here before you go.”

“Er- right.” Liam felt bad for suddenly putting that over her friends- “how insensitive of me.”
She took Eelaine’s other side to help her stand- “we help Eelaine home, and THEN band practice. Sorry.”

"Band Practice? Are you serious? This doesn't make any...you know what? We don't have time for this. We've got to help Eelaine out." Jace spoke as he then sent a slight glare over to Liam but his was lesser than Nori's. The Inktoling managed to keep his arm around Eelaine as to have her not fall over in case she did.

Liam wanted to cry, but she had cried enough infront of her friends already, so she just stayed quiet and helped Eelaine.

{the contest isn’t that important anyway. What were you thinking? Get yourself together, Liam.} she thought

"I'm... fine. You don't need to help me, I'll manage myself." There was clearly some lie to that, but maybe she was right. How bad could it be? Looking down, she turned to Inkopolis' favorite popstars little one. "Liam, I'd hate to keep you from your practice session. I already ruined your day quite enough, just like i did with everyone else's. Sorry about that again. I'll see if Fiona is still hanging out at the square." And with that she slithered back into the sewers headed squarewards.

"You....you didn't ruin my day..." Jace spoke quietly as he reached for Eelaine but he then sighed, watching her leave and head into the sewer grate. He closed his eyes slightly before he then shook his head. "Nori...can you go after her?" He asked quietly, turning to the Octoling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back