• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Watching the inkling being fussed over for such a small cut made Nori snicker. Pathetic.

“I’ll get a Galactic Seanwhich and a Triple-Fried Galactic Schwaffle.” She smiled underneath her dust mask, knowing that those were the most expensive items on the menu. “Oh, and a mocha. Don’t forget it.”

After giving her commands, Nori headed for the counter to stamp her own card. She didn’t expect much, so when only one capsule popped out, she couldn’t really complain. Opening it up, her eyes grew wide as she slowly realized what it was. The North-Country Parka!

“Yes!” The octoling squeaked with excitement. Free food and the Grizzco gear she’s always wanted? Today was really turning around! For her, at least.

Putting on a new jacket never felt better. That was probably because she hadn’t even owned one until now. Glowing with pride, she returned to where the others were gathered and took a seat at the table.

After ordering a double fried shwaffle and a milkshake, Liam happily sits in between Jace and Eelaine, whom she considered her new friends. Nori- she wasn’t so sure.
She was pretty mean to her, and she seemed to be mean to everyone else, too.

It reminded her of her gramps- she didn’t like that. Liam makes sure to keep her distance from Nori.

As everyone slowly gathered around the table and orders were taken, she announces her food
"I want a double Schwaffle!"
Back to her old self, she was grinning ear to ear. After confirming her order was heard, she waited patiently for her meal.
But sitting around doing nothing isn't very fun, so she tried to start conversation.
"Do you guys have any favorite bands? I personally enjoy Chirpy Chips!"
She was still smiling, ready to hear some interesting answers.

Liam forgets all about Nori’s cold attitude and perks up at the mention of music-
“I like lots of bands! My favorite is the Squid Sisters, but i think I’m bias because c- er- I’m an octoling, ya know? The inkantation is a big thing. But i also like Turquoise October.” She chirped cheerily

The question came out of left field and slugged Nori right in the forehead. She couldn’t think of an answer. Sure, she remembered enjoying Turquoise October too, but that was…before. And the Inkantation was so life-changing that there wasn’t a single post-brainwash Octoling who wasn’t a fan.

She fiddled with her sleeves, unsure. “I…guess I like ω-3.”

Last edited:
“Cool!” Liam offers her a wide smile
“Hey, speaking of bands, have you guys heard about the competition? I mean- it’s only just recently been announced, but my bro and i are gonna try out! It’s kind of like a battle of the bands to pick who the next idols are! I guess they figured off the hook’s been doing it for a while.”

Rubbing the spot now covered by a cute little gun, she felt her cheeks turning red. She just wasn't expecting the sudden affection out of nowhere.
"Thanks...", she mumbled, trying to avoid eyecontact to hide her embarrassment.
"I... I'll get your orders then!"
The inkling hurriedly marched over to Sean's Stand.
"You want anything Jace? And what about you, purple hair? You got a name?"
As her turn came, she did her best remembering everyone's orders, but not without asking again once or twice.
She returned to their table, juggling trays of food, just in time to catch the conversation and sit next to Fiona and Liam. Favourite band, huh? She knew she had one, but as much as she tried, she couldn't remember for some reason.
Trying to distract herself from this headache-inducing thought, she handed Fiona her double-fried-super-shwaffle with a big smile. Despite her monetary problems, it felt good to do something nice for the others. The other octolings got their meals next. She hoped that maybe Nori would soften up, with this being more or less of a peace offering, but had little hope. Regardless, she tried to keep her spirits high. With her own plate in front of her, she was finally ready to eat. But just then she suddenly realised she was no longer hungry. Unsure what to do now she just smiled and let her hand drift over her bandaid while listening to the others.

Liam was babbling on about some sort of music contest-

“I really hope we’ll win- but that doesn’t matter, it’ll be sooooo fun! And we’re gonna perform in front of everyone! At SPLATFEST! Or, well, a mini version. But still! Eeeek!” She was smiling ear to ear

Liam really liked music. She loved it, in fact. It was a big thing in inkopolis, but even more so in her family, so she was bound to have a special place in her hearts to keep a tune.

Glancing down at her tray, Nori couldn’t help but notice that her Schwaffle was missing. She had zero expectations, and she was still let down. “Figures,” the octoling muttered, shooting daggers at Eelaine. Only she could find a way to screw up something so simple.

Nori dug in, filling her belly with crunchy goodness. It didn’t take long for her to devour the whole thing. While she chewed on the last bites of her Seanwich, she half-listened to the new girl blabber about some contest.

“You mean the one at the concert?” She remembered hearing something like that being planned. It was Off The Hook’s last live performance of the summer, and it was going to be big. There were even rumours that the winners were going to be hand-picked by Pearl and Marina themselves.

“Hmm, I bet the competition’s gonna be tough,” she smirked a bit. “You sure you got what it takes?”

“I’m sure I’m sure! Music runs in my soul! And i know Calvin is the same! And besides, it doesn’t matter if we win the contest- getting in was hard already, but performing up there- oh wow. . . It’s hard to even imagine how magical that must be! To sing somewhere that isn’t my aunt’s garage. . . I’m shaking at the thought!”
She stated before taking a sip of her milkshake and a bite of her food

"I'll take a Deep-Fried Shwaffle and a Special-Up Smoothie." Jace responded before he then started to chuckle a bit before he overheard the conversation about Off the Hook's live performance. He had heard about it before on the news and he was wanting to finally meet the two idols. "I really want to be on that spot with them. It was my dream. I may have missed out on the chance to be there with the Squid Sisters but I certainly am not passing this chance here." He spoke as he then started to roll his shoulder.

"But good luck to those that are going to participate." He added, grinning a bit.

Liam’s cheeks turn a bright crimson- “th-thanks, Jace.” She stutters- “m-maybe i could help you all see it!” Liam does her best to keep her composure, however still blushing a little
“And- you wouldn’t mind staying to watch my bro and I perform as well, right?” She anticipated a response, but her mind was lost as she leaned on the table and just stared at Jace as his tentacles gently blew in the breeze.
“Beautiful. . .” She accidentally mutters

RedtheRoyalGuard RedtheRoyalGuard

Last edited:
An awkward tension hung in the air. It was clear even to someone as clueless as Nori that the new kid’s attitude completely flipped whenever Jace was around. She shifted from annoying loudmouth to stammering idiot in seconds.

Confused, she blurted, “why’re you looking at him like that?” She tilted her head, trying to see what was so special about the inktoling. Well, besides the obvious. “Does he got kelp in his teeth or something?”

“So handsome~. . . Wh- huh!?” Hearing the sound of Nori’s voice is as if a glass of ice cold water was poured over her head, and she snaps out of it.
“N-nothing! It’s nothing. We were talking about the competition, right? I-i think. . .” -sigh- she slumps back down onto the table and gazes longingly at Jace once more

sugar bombs sugar bombs
RedtheRoyalGuard RedtheRoyalGuard

As they talked about the battle of the bands, Fiona found herself giggling, knowing exactly what was going on.
Didn't know life could be such a good romcom. Eh, I'll let this one play out.
Fiona took a massive bit into her Schwaffle. It tasted even better than it looked, and there was always something invigorating about how Sean cooked them. After indulging in a few bites, she decided to join the conversation a bit.
"Wow, you're really going for the big leagues, huh? Good luck, it's gonna be tough. And if you two are chosen as idols, it could get hard to. You have heard about the Sister's break up thing, right? I mean they're trying to cover it up, but after the Callie v. Marie Fest, I don't think Callie was the ever the same... I don't know, they still seem to be friends but it's still something to consider."
She continued eating her Schwaffle as the conversation continued.

The second the Squid Sisters incident is mentioned, Liam’s spirits seem to drop a ton.
“H-heard of it-? Yeah, s-sure, I guess you could say i heard of it.”
She flips open the metal wasabi shaped charm on her bracelet and takes out what looks to be an old photo- she doesn’t unfold it so it isn’t seen, but she just clutches it.

If only they knew this went way before splatfest. If only they knew- nevermind. It probably wasn’t important.
Still, liam felt hot, inky tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"Uh, yeah, I've heard of that incident. I lived in the Plaza before moving here so I was able to watch the Squid Sisters during the news." Jace responded as he fiddled with his Octarian tentacle a bit before thinking about getting it moved to the side. He glanced over at Fiona, tilting his head. "I know it could get hard as well but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Of course, uh...even if I do become an idol, that's not stopping me from keeping up my regular practice of Turf Wars and my friends, which are guys." He added before grinning a bit. Jace then turned to see his schwaffle being finished and he went to grab it quickly along with his drink.

Streams of black ink are beginning to run down Liam’s cheeks- that incident had torn her family apart. If it weren’t for that incident, it’s likely she wouldn’t even have to hide her tentacles in public, or fight for NSS, just treated like some sort of super-weapon by Cuttlefish.
Maybe she would be able to hug her mother without getting shamed.

She clutches the photo tighter, and keeping her head down, she sobs.

Oh, great. Now she was crying. Nori squirmed around in her seat, visibly uncomfortable. She knew there were some die-hard fans of The Squid Sisters out there, but this was on a whole new level.

“Jeez, calm down,” she sighed. “They just broke up, it’s not like they died.” Scratching the back of her head, she tacked on a half-hearted, “maybe they’ll do a reunion tour or something.”

“It’s- it’s not like that. It’s not some petty fangirl thing, i swear- i-i just- after the whole zapfish ordeal- nevermind. This should explain enough.”

She sets the Polaroid on the table, unfolded.
The photo is of four people- two inktoling children, presumably Liam and her Brother, along with their parents.
A young inkling woman with black tentacles that faded to pink and were tied in a bow, and an octoling man that looked a few years older than her with- pale skin, magenta tentacles- green iris’s. . .a strange glowing green X scar on his hand. . .

Before everything is able to sink in, liam is gone- her black tears left a trail to an orange sewer grate.

Jace turned to the photo before his eyes widened a bit, looking at the family photo. "That's....you and..." He spoke as he turned to look at Liam....but she was no longer there. The Inktoling then looked at where the trail led to and then he shivered a bit. "Oh, carp..." He said out loud before standing up, "Why that place?"

He stood up, going after the trail and going to enter the grate. "Come on, guys. We've got to make sure she's alright." He spoke. Jace knew where this grate led to but he was unsure how the rest of the group would understand this. Seems that Liam has some relation with the others....and Octo Valley. He thought to himself as he went into the grate.

The voices around were her fading away as her head began to spin. She felt sick.
Looking like she was only half conscious, she saw Liam running off crying and disappearing into a nearby gutter.
Without saying a word, she stumbled after her, knocking over her untouched food and Fiona in the process.
Eelaine looked back at the table briefly, her eyes bloodshot and tired.
And with that she followed Jace and Liam into a world below.

There was a couch, a broken snowglobe, and a little cabin

Sitting on the couch was liam, sobbing her eyes out with her glasses off and her tentacles a mess, which now confirmed she was an inktoling.

A very familiar face was trying to comfort her.
“Hey, it’s ok, we’ll see him soon. . .” “!” Callie suddenly notices the group of people standing by the great-
“Erm- hello. Are you Liam’s friends, by chance?”

Jace was the first to arrive in the new area as he then stood at the ready. Looking around, he then noticed Callie of the Squid Sisters comforting Liam. His eyes widened a bit before he then hurried on over to them. "Callie...I'm...I'm sorry about this uh...this is kind of awkward. I'm guessing you two are familiar with each other.." He spoke before he then rolled his shoulder.

The Inktoling was surprised to see Agent 1 knowing Liam, but he was more so surprised to see the snowglobe to be broken. That could only mean one thing.

Octavio's gotten free....

“Ha- very familiar in fact. She’s my daughter.” Callie continues to pat liam on the back in attempts to comfort her
“S-some bad stuff is going on right now-“ liam stutters, wiping her tears with the back of her hand “i-i hate to get you guys wrapped up in it. . .”
She manages to keep her composure for a few moments to try and explain, but once more bursts into sobs afterwards and hugs her mother
Callie looks concerned and hugs her back. “poor baby. . .” She mutters

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back