• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Family Affair: The Irish Mob - IC (Ended)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Skye Maisie McKendrick

1-jpg.413385
The children weren't stupid and had easily picked up on Sinead's mood. Savannah had suggested her mum was having one of her 'sad days', which kind of broke Skye's heart to know how aware the kids where of Sinead's troubles. Still, she was sure it was nothing to worry about. Deciding to keep the kids busy, she assigned Savannah and Braden to the tasks of making something to cheer their parents up. Braden was to make a card telling them how much he loved them. Savannah was to write one of her poems about her family. As for Emery, the little girl was happily colouring in the animals in one of her activity books. Skye had recently realised the girl was obsessed with cats and dogs.

"A rainbow coloured cat, Emmy?!" Skye asked. "I would love one of those, but I don't think we have any of them around here. Not unless it rolls in a pallete of paints." The child's eyes suddenly lit up, causing the nanny to quickly shake her head. "No. No, Emmy. That was a joke. Animals and paints don't mix well. The poor things would get hurt and I'd get my butt kicked, then fired!"

"Mummy says butt, but Conor says arse!" Emery commented, giggling to herself before turning back to continue colouring.

Skye was about to tell Emery to favour Sinead's choice of words over Conor's, but she heard Mallory's voice and quickly stood up to greet her friend. "Mal!" she excitedly replied, returning her friend's hug. "It feels good to be home. The trip was good, but Scotland is colder than here. Plus, I can't believe I missed Lucy's party. How drunk did you get?" she teased.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Mallory)

[Sinead Callahan

89967300ad94381c4d9c2fdd41965750-jpg.414128
Sinead bashfully smiled as Aliana reassured her she wasn't selfish and that she should perhaps do what she'd always dreamed of. "I can just imagine standing in some big fancy concert hall, singing on the stage," she said, almost getting lost in her daydreams. "And, oh my God, the kids love you Ali. They'd be so excited!" She bit her lip and quickly nodded when she was reassured about Peter. "Yeah, maybe you're right. I suppose it's hypocritical of me to want to do what always made me happy and expect Peter not to do what he wants to do," she reasoned.

As they spoke, they were joined by one of the barmen. "Sinead, we've got a bit of a problem," he said and motioned for her to follow him. Sinead looked to Aliana and asked her to follow them, worried about what could possibly be the issue. Everything seemed to be running smoothly tonight.

As they walked, the barman led them into the men's restrooms. "Woahh there, Kev. I'm not sure I want to be going in there!" Sinead protested.

"It's been cleared of customers, trust me. You're good," he assured her. When they stepped inside, they were met by the sight of one of the security guards holding a cloth to his face. When he briefly moved his hand away, it was clear to see the blood coming from his lip and nose, as well as the sore-looking eye-socket which was bound to bruise over time.

"What hap-" Sinead began, but stopped herself as she noticed the patches of blood that had splattered along the white, tiled floor. She covered her mouth with her hand and turned away, her hands trembling at the sight. Whilst it wasn't anything too serious, just seeing blood like that always dragged up her anxieties and memories from back in Chicago. She'd seen a number of dead bodies in the past - far more than any normal person would. Now all she could think about was seeing her father dead, blood pouring from the wounds in his chest. She knew she had to block out those thoughts and control herself so she could manage the current situation. As she took deep breaths and clung to Ali's arm, she realised it was easier said than done. "Ali, what happened?" she asked her friend.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

((Conor soon))

Conor Sullivan

1521758417331.pngConor wasn't sure who else he was expecting, but he was glad to hear Alex's voice on the other end of the phone line. He recalled when they were together all those years ago how everything had to be kept secret and a simple call was even risky. "I'll come to yours if you don't mind," he answered her. Once he confirmed her address, he ended the call and rushed upstairs to get dressed into something a little smarter.

Before heading out, Conor's mind was cast back to his hunger and the earlier mention of pizza. He headed into the kitchen where Kieran was "I can hardly head out on an empty stomach," he remarked. His stomach wasn't even empty, he'd been snacking on junk food all afternoon. He took a slice and didn't take long in devouring it. "Cheers, mate," he thanked his cousin. He then took another slice and had a large bite out of it, grinning with his mouth full of pizza. Once he'd eaten that, he couldn't help but continue smirking. "That was Emery's. She totally didn't need her share of it," he reasoned. "You have a good night, Kieran, and I'll catch you later."

Having walked to the Porters last night, Conor didn't have his car there. Instead of driving he made his way to Alex's place on foot, stopping in a shop or two on his way past. When he eventually reached Alex's place, he knocked on the door and waited patiently for her to answer. "Evening, Alex," he greeted her. He then held out a white box which contained a half dozen iced donuts. "I figured I'd shock you and show up to your place without any booze."

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex) Shireling Shireling (Kieran)

5274215.jpg

Seeing Sinead happier made Ali happier, the smile on her lips widening. "So then, it's official. You'll go after your dream while Pete does whatever he thinks he has to do and I'll watch the kids. Don't have much of a life anyway." Shrugging her shoulders, she thought about it. Could she truly be happy and content with that? No real worries other than her friend, her brother, and Sinead's children? Did she really need to be married or in a relationship, despite what kind it was?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the barman. At first she was going to let him have it for interrupting but when she saw the look on his face, she knew something was wrong. Following him and Sinead, she only hoped it wasn't something too bad. When they got into the men's bathroom, she knew she had jinxed it. Her eyes were on the man while she rubbed Sinead's shoulder, knowing how much she hated sights like this. She gave her a gentle push and told the barman to take her out of the restroom. When they were gone, she knelt done - careful not to let her knees touch the ground - and took the guards chin between her fingers. She examined his face while speaking. "You wanna tell me what happened here?"

7713d90844945aa88bdd4f811d47f5d3--dylan-o-brian-memories.jpg

Leo was standing at the door, rehearsing what he would say over and over again. One would be to first introduce himself as Ali's kid brother, but he decided not to. He didn't want to be compared to his adoptive sister or to piggy back on her success. One was introducing himself as his daughters boyfriend, but he stopped there. If he did that, then James would think Leo was using his daughter to get close to him, which was definitely not the case at all. He pinched the bridge of nose in pure frustration. None of the things he wanted to say were going to be right. "Alright, I'll just wing it." When the door opened, he was most definitely expecting James to answer and was shocked when Delilah had instead.

Leo had the look of a gaping fish on his face. Well, shit, he thought. "Uh Del! What uh hey?" He stuttered over his words and rubbed the back of his head. How was he going to explain this situation to his girlfriend without her thinking that he was using her to get to her father? He let out a deep puff of air before smiling at her. "How are you after last night?"

Alexandra and Michelle Romano
mila-kunis-ge--6410505-.jpg
Alexandra got off the phone with Conor after confirming her address and then made her way into the sitting room. “So we’re going to have a visitor” Alex said as she sat down beside her daughter. Michelle looked up at her mother for a moment with a curious look on her face as she tried to determine who could be coming over. Alex was actually able to see the moment that the pieces fit together in her daughters mind as she made an “o” face before looking confused again. “Am I supposed to call him dad or Conor?” Michelle asked. Alex bit her lip “you can call him whichever you want sweetie, you only found out and it’s a big surprise to you” Alex told her calmly “he doesn’t expect you to call him dad if you don’t want to it all your own choice”

When she heard a knock on the door, Alex stood up and left Michelle watching tv still. Alex opened the door and smiled “how’s the head?” She teased but a grin came over her lips when she saw the donuts in his hand and laughed when he assured her he didn’t bring alcohol. “Is there vodka injected into them or something?” She joked pretending to look at them wearily before laughing again and stepping back to let him in. “Michelle is in the sitting room, I’ll let you give her a donut” Alex said as she made her way back towards the sitting room.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Mallory Porter
dove-cameron-no-makeup-8.png
“it’s a shame you missed it “ she sighed with a frown before Mallory grinned as Skye hugged her back “way too drunk but that’s not the important part so much happened last night” she gushed to her friend with a grin on her face.
She bit her lip trying to hold off her words for dramatic affect, a smirk playing on her lips “right so dad proposed again to Mam” she said happily. Mallory was glad for the two of them and was overly excited at the concept of a wedding because it always entailed free booze and it allowed her to dress up, which she liked to do on occasions.
“Finn and Eleanor arrived Back” she added with a smile “but the best and juiciest of gossip...” she trailed building anticipation “Conor has a child the same age as Savvy” she watched Skyes face as she told this piece of news knowing that it was a particularly shocking piece of gossip “that no one including him knew about until the day before”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Sinead Callahan

On Aliana's word, Kev placed his hand on Sinead's shoulder and led her out of the restroom, allowing her to lean back against the wall by the door. "Is Peter around?" the barman asked, making sure the restroom door was closed behind them. He figured Peter would be able to handle the situation, as well as calm Sinead down.

"No, not tonight. It's just me," she told him, taking deep breaths as she spoke. She was well aware she was the manager of the club and she needed to get a grip on herself so she could deal with the situation. It was easier say than done. "I just need to stay out here for a minute to get my head straight. I wish you'd warned me, Kev. I wasn't expecting it," she softly berated him, but still sent him a reassuring gaze to show she wasn't mad with him.

Meanwhile, the guard looked to Aliana as she crouched down to his level. He was a stocky man who was pretty strong and physically fit. "Three blokes jumped me and started laying into me. Stole my bloody wallet while they were at it," he explained. He got up to his feet and looked into the mirror as he wiped the blood from his face, his nose no longer letting out more blood. He groaned as he prodded at his ribs, certain they would hurt more in the morning. "Just a random mugging - that's all Sinead needs to know. The cops don't need to be involved either, considering my occupation and employer," he added. "The only person I'm reporting this to is the boss, Mr Porter himself. This wasn't a random attack - those jackasses clearly planned to attack me. They could have pick on dozens of richer and skinnier men in this club tonight," he added.

Conor Sullivan

1521758417331-png.416009
Conor was relieved to see Alex answer the door, not that Fallon intimidated him in the slightest, but she would have at the very least thrown him off course. This was still a very new and uncertain situation for him. "You know? My head is pretty good. The others got a head start on me last night so I've kind of been feeling a little smug about it all day." When asked if the donuts had vodka in, he laughed. "No, but perhaps next time I'll bring us our own batch," he assured her, not picking up on the fact he'd assumed there would be a next time. "Maybe I'll bring flowers too," he flirtatiously remarked. With mention of Michelle being inside, he nodded his head with a more serious expression. "Of course..." As he followed Alex inside, he couldn't help but think how far she'd come along since he last saw her ten years ago. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't noticed or thought about how hot she still was. Perhaps even more hot than when they were both younger.

When he saw Michelle watching TV, a small smile formed on his lips. "Who wants donuts?" he called out, opening up the box so his daughter could take one if she wished to. "Get one while you can, because my stomach can take the lot!" he joked. "How are you doing, Michelle?" he asked her. "Savvy and Emmy were really glad they met you yesterday. They also spoke of a dog. I mean, everyone I know is obsessed with dogs! Is Rocco around?" he asked. He remembered when Alex first got Rocco, as well as how James and Lucy had taken the pet in when Alex had to make a quick exit from a dangerous Chicago.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Alex, Michelle)

Skye Maisie McKendrick

1-jpg.413385
"Well, I was drunk last night too, but sadly not with your mad bunch," she said, pulling a forced sad face. "Sinead wasn't in a great mood earlier. Was she hungover too?" She then listened with full focus as Mallory explained all of the gossip from the Porters' party the night before. Her jaw dropping with each revelation.

"Don't forget Shelly has a dog too," Emery piped up. She then flashed a smile before taking her crayons and books into the playroom where Braden and Savannah were working on their projects.

Skye smiled as she watched the little girl go to join her siblings. At least she didn't have to be so careful with her words for now. "Mr and Mrs Porter are getting married again?! That's amazing news. Oh, I hope I get an invite. I love weddings! James really knows how to spoil Lucy," she added. Skye was unaware that the first wedding had been a disaster for them, so didn't realise the importance of a second one.

"I've never met Finn or Eleanor, but I've heard Sinead mention both of them so many times. I can't wait to meet them." She then grinned as she finally decided to address the juiciest piece of news. "As for Conor having a kid. What the Hell?! He's good with kids, but I can't even begin to imagine that. Does he know he can't take a 10-year old out drinking in the pubs with him?" she remarked. "I can't believe it!"

Peter Callahan

20e24f2548ea2a1dcce053b913d94d20.jpg
The plan seemed pretty straight forward, though transferring a target instead of finishing off one was kind of new to him. Peter nodded his head along with James' words, staying silent until the man asked if there were any questions that they would have. Peter looked from Jackson to Tommy a moment before turning to James and shaking his head silently, Jackson verbally confirmed that they would have this under control, and he was confident they would get her there in one piece. Peter was also very confident in that matter, however, he was no fool. Having worked for the Porters when shit really hit the fan, he knew that things were never as easy or as straight forward as they appear. They would no doubt be able to transfer this girl safely, but he was almost sure there would be some trouble. Always was, always will be. Looking at over at his co-workers, he hoped they had enough sense to know that this wouldn't be a cake walk.

Judging by their characters so far, Peter was comfortable with the people he was going to be working with. However, the real test would be in action. Peter nodded his head in agreement with Jackson. "Should be a breeze, but lets treat it like it won't be hmmm?" He suggested, eyeing Tommy in particular. According to James, this kid was fresh meat, fresh meat was meant to be eaten alive. Peter would make sure the kid stayed afloat, he was sure Jackson and James would work hard to do the same. Peter looked to James a moment contemplating if he had any other concerns or questions that needed to be verbalize. "So just transporting the girl from point A to point B then?" He clarified, already knowing that he wouldn't let his guard down even if the situation was confirmed.

(All I could do at the moment, will be able to respond once I get home from the March for our lives event in my town)
With:James Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme Mentions:

James Porter and Thomas Dempsey

1521067499540-png.412378
Unsurprisingly, the guys seemed a little confused to hear their role in this evening's job. Jackson confirmed that with his comment about flipping the perspective. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that," he remarked. Still, he hoped it would sit better with Jackson considering what he'd been told to do to Alec Finnegan just two nights ago. He was glad to hear both Jackson and Peter sounded confident about the task at hand. Tommy was a little less vocal, but that was to be expected as this was still a learning experience for the youngest of the men. "Aye, Pete. Get the lady from A to B, but remember you won't be moving in a straight line and anything could happen. All three of you need to be armed and ready for anything. Stay focused."

There was a part of James, hidden in the back of his mind, that had kind of wanted one of the men to refuse the job or express strong reservations. If that had happened, he knew he wouldn't have hesitated to have taken their place and put himself out there, right in the middle of the action. In a way, he missed being the one driving the car, kicking the shit out of their enemies, or carrying out a hit on his boss' word. He still got his fair share of action and fights, but nowhere near the way it was in his younger days. He knew as the boss he now had to spend much more time managing the businesses and the books, as well as trying to stay alive for a change. Besides, he felt like external forces were wishing the bring the fight to him, so he was prepared to be thrown into the centre of any action soon enough.

"If there's no more questions, I'll leave you guys to it. I trust all three of you and don't doubt your abilities, but I'm putting Jackson in charge of this one," he informed them. It was more for Tommy's benefit than Peter's, but James still felt teams worked better with one person calling the shots and directing the others.

*****​

Once he was done briefing the three men, James returned into the house. He hoped he would get some time to spend with his family, but for the moment there was still plenty of business to be focusing on. He passed through the kitchen, sending Kieran a nod - he didn't doubt their earlier conversation may not have gone down too well with the religious man but he wasn't about to apologise for it. Right now, he intended on making a few calls.

James walked through the lounge but stopped in his tracks when he reached the hallway leading to the front door. There he saw Delilah and Leo conversing with each other. It looked to James like his daughter had answered the doorbell and let Leo in. Nothing more than that. "Good evening, Leo!" he called out to the guest. As he reached the two, James placed his arm around Delilah and playfully squeezed the top of her shoulder. "Is this girl bothering you?" he joked. He then straightened his face and looked back to Leo. "Is this a social call?" he asked. Whilst he wouldn't be surprised if Leo made friends at the party last night, he couldn't help but think there was more to the lad's visit.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Bellz Bellz (Peter) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) nymphadora. nymphadora. (Delilah)
Mention: Shireling Shireling (Rudy)

The Majestic Hotel

Nora Vasile
NPC

1521934206540.png

In the private meeting room, Nora sat on the sofa next to John Reynolds as they waited for 7.30pm to approach. She knew some Irish mobsters were tasked with picking her up, along with a case of cash, then transporting her to the port. It was difficult not to feel like a piece of merchandise at this stage. An item that had been passed around by the British cops since the day she agreed to testify against one of their own crooked men. This had gone on for months now and she was growing impatient with the whole thing, almost to the point where she wished she'd never stepped forward as a witness. But now she'd invested - or wasted - far too much of her time to back down. Besides, those poor women she'd known who had been abused because of the corrupt Chief Inspector Jones deserved justice and she couldn't let them down now.

"Would you like another drink, Miss Vasile? You look anxious," John offered her.

"Don't mistake my irritation for anxiety, John," she bluntly replied. Though having a price on her head didn't fill her with comfort. "I'm just looking forward to getting out of here, testifying, and then getting my life back. No offence to you, but it's been months since I saw my family and friends. You don't quite fill that void, unfortunately." To be fair, she meant a little offence. John was pretty dull and her least favourite of the men who had so far been tasked with protecting her.

5274215.jpg

Ali listened to every word he said with her eyes narrowed in thought. Her mind started racing at the possibilities and the repercussions that would follow. James would surely start out by trying to keep Sinead away from the Jazz Club, she thought, for her own safety. But then it would keep Sinead away from her dream. She pursed her lips together before shaking her head and standing up, stretching her arms up. "Don't." She said. There was a pause as she started stretching out her back. "I'll handle it. I don't want James knowing about this, okay? Yeah I get he's the boss but little stuff like this?" She gestured towards the bouncer. "Isn't enough to make him worry. Besides, he's got other things on his mind." Clapping her hands together she gave a small, mischievous smile. "It's been a long time since I've gotten to get my hands dirty in something. I want any and all information you have on the people who jumped you." She turned and stopped before walking out. "Remember. Do NOT mention this to anyone."

Reappearing back out on the floor she had a smile on her face and wrapped her arms around her friends shoulders. "Hey there, don't you worry. Everything will be taken care of. Now," She paused and pulled away, putting her hands on her shoulders. "Don't mention this, okay? We'll keep it in house and I will take care of it." She genuinely thought she was doing the right thing, not mentioning any of this to James. Whatever repercussions she might face in the future, she would. All of it, in the end, was to protect Sinead.

D E L I L A H // PORTER

place ;; home.
tags ;; Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentioned ;; james + leo.
delilah rubbed her right arm awkwardly as her foot kicked the groundm "last night was really fun with you," she smiled, her cheeks turning a shade of rose. delilah felt a wave of guilt crash over her, she promised leo to tell her parents about them and everyone knew about delilah's dedication to a promise, but the thought of her parents finding out about their relationship terrified her. "leo, i, um-" her soft words were cut off by the sound of her father interrupting.

delilah's heart jumped with fright at the sound of her father making a joke, the hair on her neck stood upright out of surprise as delilah's eyes widen with shock. she plastered a polite smile on her face and glickered her gaze to her father, "hi dad," she smiled before furrowing her eyebrows together at leo, noticing that him and her father were already familiar with each other, "i had no idea you two knew each other," delilah murmured as she returned her gaze back to leo with a raised eyebrow.

tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o3_r1_500.jpg
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o10_r1_500.png
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o4_r1_500.png
tumblr_p5l6o1ZxxQ1wufk33o8_r1_500.png

James' sudden arrival started to make Leo sweat. With Delilah standing there, it made it more difficult for him to get out the words he needed to say. "Hey, Mr. Porter. Bothering me? Never." He nervously glanced at Delilah before looking back at James with a smile. He almost began stuttering over his words trying to explain to Delilah how he knew her father. He took a deep to regain his cool before rubbing the back of his neck. "Ah, yeah so. You know Ali, right? I'm adopted blah we know that story? So Ali works for this fine gentleman," He said, his hand pointed to with his palm open. "And we met a few times before whenever I was home from Uni. Parties, the restaurant and such." He gave a small internal smile, proud of himself for making it through, even though he did add details that probably weren't important.

"I uh actually came here to talk to you, Mr. Porter." Again he glanced at Delilah, knowing that this was definitely going to cause problems in their relationship. "Is there a way we can talk in private?" Oh yeah, he was definitely going to get it after he came out of that office. Either from Delilah about asking to speak with her father about something, or from James for dating his daughter without his knowledge. Now that he thought about it, he would probably get yelled at for both. Maybe he shouldn't have come.

James Porter and Thomas Dempsey

1521067499540-png.412378
James was surprised and slightly confused to hear Delilah mention having no idea they knew each other. He wasn't sure why his daughter had a sudden interest in who he knew, considering he knew a lot of people, especially in Dublin. He listened on as Leo provided her with an explanation as to how they knew each other. "Is that answer good enough for you, Madam?" he playfully asked his daughter. "Honestly, the women in my life are so nosy," he remarked.

Leo then asked James if they could speak in private. "Yeah, of course, mate," he agreed, a seriousness to his voice as he nodded his head. He stepped away from Delilah but sent her a smile. "I'll catch you later, love," he told her. He then asked Leo to follow him as he walked to his office, closing the door behind them once inside the room. "Have a seat," he said, as he sat in the chair at his own side of his desk. "What do you need to talk about?" he asked Leo.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) nymphadora. nymphadora. (Delilah)

((That's me done for tonight. Stupid clocks going forward... grumble.))

Sinead Callahan

Harrison, the security guard, knew Aliana relatively well as her business was just next door to the Jazz Club. So when she told him not to tell James, he didn't immediately respond by refusing her request and heard her out instead. "You could be right," he said, pausing as he considered the idea. When he really thought about it, he wondered how it would make himself look, considering he was the club's security and he'd been jumped whilst on the job. James was bound to question his capability. "You're right. Mr Porter has enough on his plate. But if anything else happens, I'm going straight to the boss. I can take a beating, but I don't want any of his family getting hurt, especially not Sinead," he told Aliana. "All I can give you is descriptions of the dickheads, but I don't think that will give you much to go on."

Sinead had mostly calmed down when Aliana came back out to her and reassured her. "So I don't need to be worried?" she asked. Aliana should know what she meant by that. Any man being attacked was a worry, but she just wanted to know it was a one-off rather than something related to the mob. From her own experience, gang attacks were rarely one-offs and tended to only intensify. "I won't mention it," she reluctantly agreed.

When Harrison emerged from the restroom, Sinead gave the man a quick hug. "I'm sorry you got hurt, honey," she told him. She was glad to see the blood had stopped pouring from his nose and mouth. "You need to get yourself home now and rest. You'll still be paid and the club will be fine. No arguments. Go rest," she sweetly told him.

Sinead looked back to Aliana once the situation was taken care of. "This has never happened here before. Hopefully the customers won't hear about it," she nervously told her friend.

Jackson McCarthy

demolition480.jpg

Jackson kept his hands locked behind his back, keeping his ear open for every detail. Not only was this going to be something new for him, but he'd have to lead the whole bloody thing. He nodded firmly, however, when James said his final goodbyes and walked away. Keeping his gaze off in the distance briefly, he looked back to Thomas and Peter. "Right... So, lets address the elephant in the room. I have never done this before, so i'm sure none of you have either." He scratched his scruffy beard, running through all the details in his head. "The police are going to be a bloody target, if not just completely useless, so we're gonna have to come up wit' somethin' of our own - if we wanna' get Mrs. Vasile to the port wit' her heart beating." He began to walk towards to car, formulating a plan with every step. Stopping abruptly, he squinted his eyes as he appeared lost in thought. "I needa' get my rifle..."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Porter Issued cruiser pulled up to the tall apartment block. Jackson looked back behind the seat to Thomas and Peter. "Imma' get my gear. You lot stay 'ere, I'll be down in a jiffy." He climbed out of the car, into the dark shadow, casted by the large skyscraper. Paranoia had already kicked in, for he couldn't shake the sense of being watched from far away. Moving his hand to his holstered Walther PPK seemed to sooth his racing mind. He walked up the cold steps to the front door, before disappearing inside.

Jackson found his room fairly easy, for even when he was roaming around the floor like a drunken idiot, he would always manage to stumble upon it. Sliding his key inside the door, he shifted the heavy bolts and allowed it to creak open. He wasn't surprised to see Fallon still there, and offered her a smile. "Hello, love. Forgot some stuff in the other room." He figured he'd try and keep this whole operation out of Fallon's thoughts and worries, considering he was panicked enough about getting Thomas and Peter home alive. He knew Sinead would never forgive him if her husband arrived back at the estate resembling swiss cheese.

Quickly shuffling into his room, he removed the lower panel on the bottom of his cabinet. Reaching inside, he retrieved a bulky, leather suitcase. He set it beside him, before reaching in and pulling out police issued kevlar. He snapped his watch into view, confirming that he was running out of time. Jackson shot to his feet and held both items in his hands. As he strutted into the living room, he saw Fallon's eyes lock with his. There was no hiding it now. "Busy day at the office..." Jackson offered.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James/Thomas) Bellz Bellz (Peter) nymphadora. nymphadora. (Fallon)

5274215.jpg

Ali was glad when Harrison listened, wanting to keep this information strictly in house. "Say you were mugged or something outside of the Jazz Club's hours. You were jumped and took on by surprise, yeah?" She told him. With her arm around her friend's shoulder, she smiled and tried to reassure her. "Yeah yeah, everything is great. Trust, I won't let anything happen to you or the club while I'm around." She shot her a wink as she ordered two shots. Sinead needed her nerves calmed and her mind on something totally different. Before Harrison left, she grabbed his arm gently and whispered in his ear. "Later tonight, call with the description and I'll get it taken care of." She returned to Sinead's side.

"The customers?" She started, taking a shot glass between her fingers and handing Sinead the other. "Well, I've got the perfect distraction. How about you tell them that you are going to go after your dream." She took a pause to let her know that she was dead serious about her words. "On the stage, announce it or you will never truly go through with it. Be selfish for once, Sinead. You deserve to be. Anyone who says otherwise can, well," She shrugged her shoulders knocking the shot back. "Well they can come see me, dammit."

Sinead Callahan

Harrison agreed with Aliana when she told him to say he was mugged outside the Jazz Club. He would also make sure to call her later that night with descriptions of the guys who attacked him.

Sinead reluctantly accepted the shot from Aliana and quickly knocked it back, hoping it would help calm her a little. She felt comforted to know her friend was also looking out for her and the club. The last thing she wanted to do was let it all fall apart the minute Peter left it to work for James. She wanted to prove she could manage the place on her own as she felt all of her family doubted her ability to do anything other than look after her children.

Sinead laughed when Aliana suggested she got up and told everyone she was going to follow her dream. But then she looked closely to see her friend was actually being serious. "You want me to get on the stage and tell them that?" she slowly asked. "I.. um... fine!" she gave in. She quickly turned around and started marching towards the stage. Perhaps it was the sudden movement, but she suddenly felt a little dizzy and faint. She stopped in her tracks so she could steady herself and control her breathing. Once she regained her bearings, she then turned back to Aliana and sent her a warm smile. "Maybe another time," she told her friend as she joined her back at the bar. "Besides, I think I should discuss it with Peter first," she reasoned.

Lucy Porter
amber-heard-flare.jpg
Lucy leaned against a pillar and continued to smoke, enjoying it while she could before she would eventually be caught. The blonde's thoughts wandered a bit as she looked out at the beautiful garden she adored so deeply. It was a reminder of everything she and everyone else had been through back in Chicago, it was a reminder of what they had now. Lucy's chest grew heavy as the cigarette gave her a head high that replaced her headache momentarily, letting out a deep and shaky sigh, she knew now wasn't the time to get choked up on things from the past. Instead she cleared her throat softly and crossed her arms, resting her head against the pillar, shutting out the emotions she felt in that moment. It worked like a charm and she felt like she could breathe again. Footsteps startled her but before she could even think to stomp out her cigarette, Rudy had appeared. Her cheeks turned a deep red and she smiled sheepishly. Shrugging her shoulders to his question, she answered, "I suppose 10 years or so now...nasty habit, can't seem to permanently quit." Lucy took in another drag after speaking and sighed.

"Moms need a quick fix too you know," She teased lightly before looking back at the garden. She didn't know why she wanted to share this with the man, but the head high the cigarette was giving her on top of the hangover she had yet to get rid of was making everything hazy. "I miss it you know, as crazy as it sounds, all the work that you do now. James isn't involved in the actual matters for the business a lot, so I know I can't be the only one feeling it. Life back in Chicago was hell, but sometimes I can't help but think...if I had to do it all again..." The blonde's thoughts snapped back into attention as she realized that she was getting ahead of herself. She would never want to go through something like that again, their lives were so much better now compared to that hellhole. What the hell was she thinking? Her eyes looked to Rudy, wondering if she sounded like a loon, wanting to have her perfect life ripped from her. Lucy bit her lip, "Sorry, must be the alcohol talking still...haven't quite gotten over my hangover." The blonde didn't know if he would believe that excuse but she had to try something.

Alex nodded when he mentioned how he wasn’t as bad as everyone else at the party. “I say you were up before them all aswell” she commented “definitely something you can gloat about for a while”. A smirk played on her face “donughts and vodka definitely intrigues me and flowers are always nice “ she winked before a soft smile played on her lips. “She’s in a questioning mood today so be warned” wth that Alex made her way into the sitting room where Michelle was.

Michelle looked up when her mother walked in and smiled, her eyes quickly following behind her to see a Conor enter the room. Her eyes immediately flew to the box in his hand “are they donughts?” She asked with eyes as wide as her grin.

Alex shook her head in amusement as she watched her daughters face light up, all her attention being drawn towards the sugary food instead of Conor or her. “Sweets are always a helpful distraction” she mused and watched as Michelle shot a look towards her before turning back to Conor “hi” she greeted realizing that her mother would say she had been rude not greeting him first.

Mallory Porter
“Well we have plenty of drinking to catch up on so don’t worry about that” Mallory laughed before her attention was drawn towards Emery. She raised a confused eyebrow at the mention of Shelly before realizing that she must be Michelle, Conor’s daughter.
When Emery left, Mal turned her attention back to Skye and watched her friend grow excited over the prospect of a wedding “off course you’ll get an invite, someone has to mind the kids” she teased with a smirk “nah you’ll be a guest for sure”she assured Skye. And even on the off chance she wasn’t, Mal would bring her as a plus one anyway.
“Finn and Eleanor are amazing, absolute headcases just like Conor, you’ll love them” she said before he biggest piece of gossip got addressed.
She laughed at Skye’s question “yeah I’m not sure but I think he’ll figure that out very fast” Mallory bit her lip in thought “the mother is Conor’s ex girlfriend from America that he never got over, so I really think this might be good for him” she then decided to address the question about Sinead “I think Sinead hasn’t been told by Conor yet so that’s probably what’s wrong with her, that and she’s definitely extremely hungover, I’ve never seen her so drunk”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Rudy Meyers
Rudy listened the whole time intently with his cigarette between his lips. When she had finished he shook his head.

"I understand," he said, "I feel like I have been getting sluggish and sedentary too. But hey, I don't have kids so what's my excuse?" He chuckled to himself. Then he smiled softly to himself and looked back up at her.

Bellz Bellz

Conor Sullivan

1521758417331-png.416009
Conor apprehensively nodded when Alex warned him Michelle was in a questioning mood. He just hoped she wouldn't ask the awkward kinds of questions he would struggle to answer. Ones that involved mentions of gangsters and violent grandfathers.

"Yeah, of course they're donuts. I'm not going to turn up with veggies, am I?!" he teased her. He lowered the box so she could take a treat.

Conor then sat on the sofa next to Michelle's. "I don't know about you, but I don't think we know much about each other. My questions will be boring, so do you want to start? And no, I don't have a dog," he said, grinning.

Skye Maisie McKendrick

1-jpg.413385
Skye laughed when Mallory joked about her attending the wedding to babysit. "Oh nooo. I can't get drunk if I have three kiddies to look after. Please make me your plus one," she playfully pleaded.

Skye nodded when Mallory provided an explanation for Sinead's mood. "That's a relief. When she said she was going to the Jazz Club alone I was worried she might have been upset with Peter." Skye loved Sinead, but it was Peter who had given her this job and he was usually a little more laid back than Sinead.

"So, is there anything going on with you? Any guys in your life or crazy antics?"

d9d5aa4d-1846-45a2-a38d-0f6594a478d3.png
Michelle laughed when Conor obviously announced he would have vegetables with him “good cause only a sicko would think that’s okay” she announced before reaching up to take one of the donughts. Within seconds her hands, mouth and clothes were covered in white sugary powder. Alex sighed as she looked at her daughter and the mess on her “right I’ll go get tissue and do you want a tea or coffee or anything?” She asked Conor , once she was given an answer Alex left the room and made her way into the kitchen.

Michelle turned towards Conor as he sat beside her and mentioned them not knowing each other. She bit her lip much like her mother does in thought before clapping her hands together like she had come up with a brilliant idea “ok” she said with a smile, getting ready for her speed question round. “What’s your favourite color? Favourite Animal? Did you play any sports as a child? what’s your talent? Are you American or Irish? Did you meet Mam in America? What was your da well my grandfather on your side like?”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

(Mal coming soon in work now)

Thomas Dempsey

1521121378953-png.412588
Tommy watched James walk off. His gaze lingered in that direction as he thought about the task they'd been set. It felt like his boss was testing him lately and throwing him into jobs very different to what he was used to. It wasn't that he was reluctant to do them, he was just taken my surprise that the Porters had so much faith in him to have him taking on more responsibility. He just hoped he wouldn't mess this up, especially when a woman's life as well as their own was at risk tonight.

Tommy turned to Jackson as he made it clear none of them had done this before. That was partly a relief as it meant he wasn't the only one thrown into something new, but it was also slightly concerning to know they were all in in at the deep end, treading new waters. "The cops are always useless," he remarked. "We'll get the lady away safely, I'm sure of it," he told him. He retrieved his own firearms on the way to the car before Jackson drove off in the direction of his own place to get his rifle.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) nymphadora. nymphadora. (Fallon)

Being alone with James was, for lack of a better word, terrifying. He didn't if he should bring up his relationship with Del now or later. As the two of them walked to his office, he tried to figure out what he was going to say, nothing really coming to mind. His hands were definitely sweaty and he could feel it. When they entered the office he cleared his throat and took the seat he was offered. He was terrified that if he hadn't he would pass out from the big secret he was about to tell. "Uh, Mr. Porter.. First off, I want you to know that I respect you a lot. Everything you do for the community here? A lot more than what the politicians are actually doing." Well, he was off to a great start, he thought. Though he knew he should tell him the important of it. "I don't want to uh.. Start off wrong, so I'll just be honest with you before saying what I came here to say.." He took a deep breath and hesitantly spoke. "I... Am... Sort of, uh kind of..." He squinted his eyes as if he didn't know what he wanted to say. "Dating.. Delilah?" It wasn't a question, more like an 'Please tell me this is okay for me to do and don't kill me' type of deal.

Defensively he put his hands up and continued. "BUT, my relationship with her has nothing to do with me wanting to work for you. Just in case you think so, I did NOT get close to her to get to you." Shrugging his shoulders he tried to make a joke to lighten things up. "If I were to use anyone to get close to you, it'd be Ali. What are sisters for anyway?" Clearing his throat again, he realized he had already told him why he was here and didn't even give his grand speech of it. "Did I already mention I wanted to work for you...? Damn."

5274215.jpg

Ali was excited, watching Sinead walk away from her. She was hopeful that her friend was going to do it, going to do something she truly wanted... Until she turned around. Her hands dropped and she placed them on her hips, about to inquire as to why she turned around and came back. When she explained, she sighed and nodded her head. "I forget, you have a husband and that is a very important matter to discuss with him." Shrugging her shoulders she smiled. "When you aren't committed to anyone, you forget things like that." It was the truth. Of all her female friends, she was the only single one. She often forgot that they had responsibilities and conversations to have with their significant others about life changing opportunities.

Sometimes it hit her that she really should settle down, but she enjoyed her freedom. Plus, the man that she would have settled down with already had a family. Now she was really lost in her thoughts but when she realized she was with Sinead, she snapped out of it and smiled. "Say, we should eat or something. Have you eaten since last night, you party animal?"

Conor Sullivan

1521758417331-png.416009
Conor grabbed himself a doughnut, eating it in just three bites. He had a big appetite but cancelled it out with his workouts. He looked to Alex and smiled. "I'll have a coffee, please," he requested. "One sugar."

He then brought his attention back to Michelle as she responded to his suggestion with a barrage of questions. "Holy shit... I mean... you're good at asking questions," he commented. Perhaps she wouldn't notice his slip up. "I suppose I like green. I used to have a pub called 'The Emerald'. I loved that place," he fondly told her, thinking back to pub he'd adored back in Chicago. "Animal? Are you crazy? Dogs, of course!" he remarked, with a playful smile. "I played soccer as a kid. Me and my mates would muck around a lot of the time. There's more cars on the roads now, but we got away with playing out in the streets." He had to think when she asked if he had any talents. "Well, I'm not sure getting drunk counts as a talent, more the opposite. Maybe gambling isn't one, either. But I am fast and strong. So if you need some muscle, you know where to come! I'll rearrange your mum's furniture for free!" he joked. "I'm both - I was born in America, but my blood is all Irish. If I had to choose, I'm definitely Irish... I met your mam in America. In fact, we met in my old pub," he proudly told her.

Conor stuttered a little when asked about his father. In his eyes, his old man was amazing. Others may have seen a dangerous gang boss, but to his friends and family, Emmet Sullivan was the best. "Your Granddad Emmet was awesome. He was very kind and caring towards his family. He'd have been made up to have met you. I hope I can be a good dad to you like he was for me."

(More replies after food.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back