Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

First anime i watched was Love,Chunnibyo and other Delusions

My favorites woud have to be Toilet Bound Hanako kun And Cardcaptor Sakura

Honestly? Boring answer, but Pokémon. I was getting ready for school one morning and my dad called me over to the TV and it was the S.S. Anne episode. I couldn't watch the whole episode, but I was immediately hooked and started catching episodes whenever I could from that point on!

(My first manga was actually either Inuyasha or Ranma ½, I can't remember which...)

First ever ever anime: Summer Wars. Got dragged to a friend's house and they were so excited about it coming out. Meanwhile, I was a toddler who could not care about anything else except getting a nap 😅

First anime that I watched on my own: Probably Clannad?

What was the first anime you ever watched? And what did you think of it?

Mine was Naruto. :D

I didn't know about anime at the time, but I really liked Sasuke (my first anime crush lol), and I also liked Sakura. *face-palm*

I was sooo scared when Jiraiya came in, because I thought my mom was going to think I was watching something bad. xD
My first anime was also Naruto, I didn't know that anime existed or what it was. To me it was a cartoon. My sister and I were living with our Great Aunt and our cousins while our dad was deployed. The show just happened to be on and I went through one of those "zones out staring at the TV" moments. Of all the scenes in that long series, it was the one where Naruto was reaching for Sasuke's headband in a torn down forest. The headband was below all the trees, and as he's trying so hard to get it, he farts. I turned so fast and sceptical to my cousins asking them what this was. And that was my introduction. The subsequent playing and watching them play Kingdom Hearts (on the GameCube) probably helped towards the direction of anime as well.

Either Fullmetal Alchemist or Kekkaishi, I can't remember which specifically.

FMA is a good one. 👀
I was a big fan back in my earlier weeb days. My first ever wallet was Fullmetal Alchemist themed. I can't remember if FMA or Kekkaishi was my first ever anime, but I know that I watched '03 which was fine, but I vastly prefer Brotherhood nowadays. It's been at least a decade since I've seen either, but I do know that FMA '03 was how I got my sister into anime. We watched season three and four first, because I couldn't find the first two, and I had to explain everything to her.

Good times.

I was a big fan back in my earlier weeb days. My first ever wallet was Fullmetal Alchemist themed. I can't remember if FMA or Kekkaishi was my first ever anime, but I know that I watched '03 which was fine, but I vastly prefer Brotherhood nowadays. It's been at least a decade since I've seen either, but I do know that FMA '03 was how I got my sister into anime. We watched season three and four first, because I couldn't find the first two, and I had to explain everything to her.

Good times.
It’s been awhile since I’ve seen FMA 03 and FMAB though they weren’t my first anime. I recall YYH and Outlaw Star. I’m talking when Toonami was still on Cartoon Network. My first exposure to anime as a whole was Sailor Moon but didn’t really watch until years later.

The very first anime that I watched was Naruto and it was only for a few seconds before my older brother told me I wasn't ready for that and said let's watch an original. I was seven when I was introduced to the one and freaking only Ash Ketchum and his partner Pikachu. So while technically Naruto was first, Pokemon: The Indigo League was my first. I did watch Naruto though, that one is my favorite anime.

I'm gonna hafto tell a little bit of a story-

I was in and out of mental hospitals as a kid. And my mom forbid me from watching anime yet alone tv in general. But the hospital I was in allowed tv time when I was around 6 years old. Especially if you got anough points to go to the GAME ROOM. One night I got my very first point. Which was only anough for tv time for one night. I sat down and watched.... and... it was the 2003 anime series teen titans. Before they turned it into the insult of a show it is today. But I only saw 3 episodes and fell head over heels for the classic teen titans anime! I NEVER could figure out what it was so I was never able to watch it until 2 years ago I found it again

But when I was 16 I watched my first anime for a entire season. The boondocks. Something I had to be secretive about

Sailor Moon was the gateway anime to shift my imagination to see recognize anime as a thing. The big bright pretty eyes. The short skirts. The long legs. The flashy attacks. The hyper-expression. I was hooked.

Honesty, I grew up studio ghibli stuff (Mostly Ponyo and Spirited Away), But I think aswell as the user above me, it was for sure Sailor moon that got me hooked. The fighting, the sparkles, and the cool magical-girl outfits got my nine year-old self stunned and amazed. I still relate WAAY too much with Usagi these days! Sailor moon was my first ever anime figurine when I was about 11 or so. I'm pretty sure Himoto! Umaru-Chan Was also another gateway for me, that wanted me to watch more...

Okay but my pipeline to anime is kinda funny. Somehow I missed the Sailor Moon and Pokémon craze.

I was a kid who adored almost all the cartoons growing up in the y2k era from Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network. PowerPuff Girls was one of them. Now, I remember scouring the early internet for PPG related things like on deviantart and random Japanese sites that I don't even remember accessing... probably from blogs but anyway, this was around 2006 where people were talking about PPGZ, the anime version of PPG. And being a kid plus a complete stan/fan/truther, I couldn't help but get on that train. It was ... alright lmao. The ending song STILL BANGS. I remember complaining that they weren't sisters and I did enjoy some of the redesigns. Except I hated that the RowdyRuff Boys were younger (I was a PPG x RRB lover so of course I didn't enjoy that, don't care for those ships anymore, I could do a whole rant why) so technically speaking, PowerPuff Girls Z was my first anime. Or rather gateway? 😭

It wasn't long before I saw Cartoon Network airing random Naruto fillers on their channel. I distinctively remember watching the one where Naruto was carrying around a sloth. So I binge watched it over winter break on my computer, had good memories of bringing the lazy chair from the living room so I could watch it in comfort. And eating muddy buddies. To this day, those openings (this one especially!) remind me of Christmas and muddy buddies because of those middle school memories. And hell, I was in the Naruto fandom until the very end in 2014-5 (?) then I stopped caring for it, it took a nosedive. Pre-timeskip Naruto will always have a special place in my heart though.

Ouran High School Host Club, Angel Beats (I remember zero things about this one), and Durarara I feel I have to shoutout because they helped in some way? There was that one anime with the maid girl and the blond guy that I vaguely liked. The only difference between these and the other two was I was a casual watcher, not diehard.

Last edited:
There was that one anime with the maid girl and the blond guy that I vaguely liked

YES omg, thank you. I should read it this time.

My first anime was blue exorcist. I fell in love with it within the first 2 episodes. I just hated how long I had to wait for a season 2.

when i was a kid i watched dragon ball z on and off whenever it came on nickelodeon (?), but the first anime i sat down to watch in full was either hetalia or elfen lied!

Sailor Moon R: The Movie! It was also my first exposure to queer romance.

Even though I ofc harcore watched stuff like Sailor moon, DBZ, Digimon, pokemon etc as a kid I never really counted those as my 'first anime' since I didn't really know the difference. I count Inuyasha as my first anime since it was the first time I was watching it knowing it was anime!

Pokemon or Sailor Moon. Honestly, not sure who wins. Happened real early though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back