Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

I don't remember my first anime ever, but No Game No Life was the first to get me into the medium as a whole.

When I was 12-13 years old my sister had started Black Butler and I tried to watch it. In simple terms it ended up being neither our cups of tea. I somehow made it to like episode 8 or something however I quit by that point.

The first anime that I got into though:

In 2020 during quarantine (at this point i'm 15-16 years old) me and my sister tried out my hero academia. Now my sister had already read some of the managa and had been urging me to give it a chance. We watched the first two episodes together and that was how I got into anime.

Technically, Yu Gi Oh. But at the time, I didn't know it was anime. Just one of many Saturday cartoons.

Spice and Wolf was the first anime I sat down to watch; to this day, what a show :xFsmile:

When I was younger, I watched a bunch of “Cartoons” that played all the time on Spacetoon. There was Hamtaro, Detective Conan, and Beyblade to name a few.

But I TRULY got into anime when I watched Tokyo Ghoul in 2017 because my friend said it was well-written (that is, until they ruined it) . BUT THEN I watched Assassination Classroom because my crush showed me the manga and that’s when I told him that it’s actually an anime and that he could watch it instead. And I ended up finishing the whole show in like 3 days.

I’d still classify Hamtaro as my first EVER anime because I fell in love with it and even bought the toys as a child. I plan to rewatch it again some day (*´∇`*)

When I was younger, I watched a bunch of “Cartoons” that played all the time on Spacetoon. There was Hamtaro, Detective Conan, and Beyblade to name a few.

But I TRULY got into anime when I watched Tokyo Ghoul in 2017 because my friend said it was well-written (that is, until they ruined it) . BUT THEN I watched Assassination Classroom because my crush showed me the manga and that’s when I told him that it’s actually an anime and that he could watch it instead. And I ended up finishing the whole show in like 3 days.

I’d still classify Hamtaro as my first EVER anime because I fell in love with it and even bought the toys as a child. I plan to rewatch it again some day (*´∇`*)
I still have the Hamtaro VHS picked up at a sale in 2006 🤜🤛 Great starter show, and still nice for nostalgia

I guess technically my first anime was DBZ but only 5 minutes of it. My parents watched 5 minutes with me and banned it from the house. Otherwise It was one of the following. I don't remember. Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sailor Moon or Zatch Bell. I wish I could remember which but it was just so long ago.

One of those standard Saturday morning shows, like DBZ, Zoids, or Pokemon, although the first ones I really got hooked on were Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

Sailor Moon for me! Mom used to wake up early in the early 90’s (i was born in 88) and record it for me. Probably still have the VHS’s at their house in the attic. My uncle was huge into Japan and did alot of buying and selling of Japanese products. I have some OLD Japanese Sailor Moon stuff he had got or me when I was a child. Somewhere.

Still my favorite Anime, means a lot to me.

I also remember watching Ronin Warriors, Dragonball (and a little bit of DBZ), Tenchi Muyo, Zoids, Trigun, Cowboy Beebop, Inuyasha and Pokemon (even knew about it before most of the US through my neighbor) throughout the years.

I had seen Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Speed Racer when I was younger, but I wouldn't consider that me actually into anime.

When I actually sat and watched an anime I chose, it was the original Fruits Basket.

Honestly, I was going to say Black Butler, but I had also finished Ouran HIghschool Host Club a bit before I finished that. I still rewatch it to this day, it's so sweet and cute.

I always liked Kyoya the most, but after rewatching it for the millionth time, I can't decide between Ristu or Mori to take my #1 fav spot! I mean. Haruhi is technically my immediate #1, but shhhh it's okay, I'm just trying to figure out my favorite love interest. Does Ritsu even count as a love interest??

Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun or Soul Eater NOT, I think. My dad is something of a anime enjoyer himself and likes Trigun, so he has the entirety of the original Trigun series, but ~10 years ago he would obtain random anime episodes, and since he would save them and cling onto them for dear life like his music folder I would watch them because I'm the biggest weeb in this house lol.

The first anime I've watched all the way through though was No.6, second being Trigun. It's made me cry multiple times. I love No.6-

Wolf's Rain! Very first anime I watched.

A couple of years later I found Death Note, which was the second anime I watched, but it was ultimately the anime that got me into MORE anime.

Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z but I didn't realise that Anime existed tbh. First Anime I watched with the awareness of the genre was Howl's Moving Castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back