Experiences Your first character (and do you still use them)

My first rp character was a self-insert and the rp was pretty short since I didn't really realize it could keep going after reaching a soft stopping point. I've never used that character since and doubt I will since I've changed so much.

My first Roleplay character was a self-insert who went by my username at the time.

They were a half-elf (human mother, elven father) with the ability to transform into a cat thanks to their connections to Star Clan. They had a brother who was a demon and a little sister who was a prodigal mage that could use magic through a firearm (aptly named the "rune gun" because I was oh-so-creative at twelve). They also fought on the back of a Pegasus and their weapon was a rifle that doubled as a spear and a javelin. Oh! They had a German Shepherd too. The dog's name was Benvolio or Benny for short as I've always been a huge literature nerd and was reading Shakespeare right around then. There's probably more details, but I'm definitely drawing a blank.

And, no.

I no longer use them, lol.

An American Japanese guy called Akito. He was looking for his lost family at the time and yep, he is very much used. He and a bunch of others have multiple books written about them.

My main man. SJ. Nobody knows what the letters mean but I've liked Straight Jacket in the past, so I gravitate towards that.

The guys a looney. Proper mad man. He wears a gas mask, orange cargo pants and has a tank strapped to his back which feeds into his gas mask. He suffers from what he calls "Advanced Delusionary Dissociative Identity Disorder with Involuntary Randomized Consciousness". ADDIDIRC for short. He has a lot of personalities, or "fragments", which embody different core traits. For example; happiness, anger, loyalty, deception, fear, confidence and so on. There's 11 fragments that fight for the spotlight (3 can be present at once some times).
He is strictly meant for comic relief due to all the fragments arguing and having goofy ideas to, for and with one another.

I still bring him into RPs that will allow such a thing present.

oh my god the first oc i had some sort of creative process for, i essentially combined raiden from metal gear rising and dante from dmc: devil may cry (the horrible reboot version); yes, he was as edgy as it sounds—i was a teenager, leave me alone. i’m pretty sure that character was just mostly plagiarised, though LMFAO. he was actually really fun to write for to be fair, albeit i’ve not touched him since; i don’t even remember what he looked like anymore. but i hope my current ocs are at least a slight improvement from those days

My first character I can't remember very well, I know the RP was Pokémon related but I can't remember much, the actual character was very... Pink, they had pink clothes hair eyes they might even have had pink skin. They had an Eevee that was supposed to evolve into a Sylveon but the RP fell apart before that. And thats all I remember, they had a full on detailed backstory but I only remember tiny parts.

My main man. SJ. Nobody knows what the letters mean but I've liked Straight Jacket in the past, so I gravitate towards that.

The guys a looney. Proper mad man. He wears a gas mask, orange cargo pants and has a tank strapped to his back which feeds into his gas mask. He suffers from what he calls "Advanced Delusionary Dissociative Identity Disorder with Involuntary Randomized Consciousness". ADDIDIRC for short. He has a lot of personalities, or "fragments", which embody different core traits. For example; happiness, anger, loyalty, deception, fear, confidence and so on. There's 11 fragments that fight for the spotlight (3 can be present at once some times).
He is strictly meant for comic relief due to all the fragments arguing and having goofy ideas to, for and with one another.

I still bring him into RPs that will allow such a thing present.
now SJ 'ere sounds like a whole bag of fun

Time to some nostalgia, so after moving from roblox to discord rp’s I had no idea how shit worked but I learned quickly.

Jim Draco was a 40 year old man who had a good financial standing And a stable marriage with children, he also craved murder. He started by killing a group of escaped convicts in a Gruesome scene with his artificial super-powered Equipment which allowed him to melt through many materials before he started becoming a full on villain, scaring people by leaving a burnt hand print on their door. He eventually went on to set up a chain reaction of bombs on a college campus before nuking it in an attempt to murder a hero called ‘Kinetic‘ a guy who could absorb Kinetic Energy and redistribute it. Resulting in his death as well, he was transformed into a spirit and inhabited a robotic body for a while, even possessing Kinetic himself at a time. He had decided to be peaceful this time around in his life. He then found a lab cloning metahumans in an attempt to reproduce abilities, this specific clone is a beta of James Draco (HW Version not to be confused with the Outlaws version).

Hw was a server much like Outlaws but basically metahumans themselves were banned and put in prison for no reason.

Outlaws didn’t outright ban meta’s, just superheroes.

James Draco in HW was a meta with the power to create illusions through Light Refraction.

Jim Draco in the clone body now had Light Refraction. He now went by Ray Solomon, unfortunately sometime after that the server died and was deleted, but it was fun while it lasted.

Phew!

My first character was a doozy and a half, but I still remember him fondly. I used to use him repeatedly, or at least parts of him, but now I've moved on to crafting characters specific to each roleplay.

My first character was bland, blander than bland, and she had a habit of hurting herself in ways that required other characters to stop what they were doing and rescue her. I was nine.

I rarely use old ocs, they shame mother, but sometimes they stick around and evolve into something completely new.

Oh holy guacamole, Midnight. Jeepers. She was my first ever OC, and she was just a glorified version of what I thought a "perfect" me would be. I got the trauma right, but nothing else. I don't use her anymore, but she will be remembered.
Actually, my name is in honour of her. Mediae Lycan (my pseudonym) is her name. Mediae means Midnight in Latin.
Yes, I went through a Latin phase. Don't we all? Or do you never escape the Latin phase...

I remember for my very first roleplay I came up with five characters to see which one I liked more and which one I would use. I ended up settling on one which I think her name speaks for itself since I was horrible at making names. "Slave girl" and, yep, you guessed it. She's a slave! For my second roleplay I decided to try a new character named "child" see a pattern with the names? Though surprisingly people just roled with it. But I kept changing to see if I'd like one better than the other. Making and deeming each one q family member of one of the previous characters. Until I landed on my 5th character. "Surgess" that was the first character I actually gave a name to. She stuck by me and I developed her in many roleplays over the years! She became my favorite and will stick with me the rest of my life! Though my other characters will always have a fond place in my memories and a special place in my heart. Having brought up some interesting roleplays using them.

First Roleplay character ever... Foreigner, a man of constantly shifting background who's usually a werewolf or beast man of some kind. I used him in Minecraft rps. After I quit Minecraft roleplaying I never used him again.

First forum Roleplay character... Jensen "Jens" Wildier, a Zelda OC who started as just a self-insert before developing sort of a personality when I rebooted that RP. I do use him occasionally but only when I make attempts at rebooting the original RP he's from. I'm a persistent bastard.

My first character was for a Harry Potter site, and me being totally new to the concept of RP, basically played a self-insert. What's even more embarrassing was, I was also really into Rurouni Kenshin at the time, so I would write that my character's eyes changed color when she got angry. Yes, really.

Anyway, I've never played her anywhere else. I genuinely enjoyed my time on that site, but she belongs in the past, lol.

My first character was a blank slate pokemon trainer, though he later got promoted to bug gym leader while still have no backstory whatsoever lol. I never use him again.

my first character was also for my first original story, and i use both her and that story to this day, although i've basically redesigned all of it since then just so that it's a bit less... obviously written by a fourth grader when i created it lol.

her name is willow byrne (it used to be willow silverstone but... hmm... nope.) and i think i made her right when i learned that albinism was a Thing that Existed, because her original version is that she's an albino who isn't hurt by the sun because she can control fire, and she was also raised by dragons. eugh.
now, she's an albino who is hurt by the sun, but still controls fire, and now she has a ✨ personality ✨
she was made for a type of superhero rp very obviously inspired by teen titans, because i was obsessed with teen titans as a kid, and now she still exists primarily in that universe but she's taken a bit more of a background role since i've switched the main character to someone that i think suits the role a little bit more. willow started off just being a "this is the type of person i wanna be!" type of character, you know, confident, nice, strong, the hero type. when i remade the universe, i still wanted to pay a type of homage to what it was originally when i fell in love with it as a kid, so she's still primarily an extroverted and heroic person, but things don't always go her way now, and her character is frankly much more fleshed-out than it used to be.

she didn't change too much from her original version when i first thought her up, but that was mostly since i didn't really want to change every part of her core character. she was my first oc, after all, so i just made the alterations necessary to "update" her with my current skill level. sort of like how my writing style has "updated" since i was in fourth grade. huh.

my first character was also for my first original story, and i use both her and that story to this day, although i've basically redesigned all of it since then just so that it's a bit less... obviously written by a fourth grader when i created it lol.

her name is willow byrne (it used to be willow silverstone but... hmm... nope.) and i think i made her right when i learned that albinism was a Thing that Existed, because her original version is that she's an albino who isn't hurt by the sun because she can control fire, and she was also raised by dragons. eugh.
now, she's an albino who is hurt by the sun, but still controls fire, and now she has a ✨ personality ✨
she was made for a type of superhero rp very obviously inspired by teen titans, because i was obsessed with teen titans as a kid, and now she still exists primarily in that universe but she's taken a bit more of a background role since i've switched the main character to someone that i think suits the role a little bit more. willow started off just being a "this is the type of person i wanna be!" type of character, you know, confident, nice, strong, the hero type. when i remade the universe, i still wanted to pay a type of homage to what it was originally when i fell in love with it as a kid, so she's still primarily an extroverted and heroic person, but things don't always go her way now, and her character is frankly much more fleshed-out than it used to be.

she didn't change too much from her original version when i first thought her up, but that was mostly since i didn't really want to change every part of her core character. she was my first oc, after all, so i just made the alterations necessary to "update" her with my current skill level. sort of like how my writing style has "updated" since i was in fourth grade. huh.
that's really awesome

i forgot to add in my own post about my first character was that my oc started off as being a better version of myself, but since ive grown over the years, he just became his own thing

he's been placed in marvel roleplays because i grew up a marvel fan, and he can be very non-chalant most of the time, however, place him in a fight and he'll brawl like theres no tomorrow, plus he can infuse electricity into his melee attacks, so his punches feel much more impactful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back