Other Your favorite type of RP?

Fantasy or historical fantasy. Rp is an escape, I don't want modern world, I want to pew pew magic and fly on swords.

Space opera, without a doubt. Original settings preferred, and always in groups.
If is HAS to be a fandom, I guess I'd go with Star Wars, but only in Old Republic setting. OR maybe WH40K. But that fandom is incredibly niche on roleplay sites.
I'm usually on the fence with Fantasy stuff, and it has to fall into a small window of categories to get my interest.

(Least favorite are Superhero, school/academy, and anything modern)

Last edited:
Superhero stuff!

I'm not terribly keen on the 'big, loud powers' side, but I like the option to punt someone into a building, y'know?

Fantasy, Superheroes, Modern.
Note that I like my superhero settings large and diverse.

I only like scifi if it's a very specific brand of scifi, and when I do, I REALLY love it.

Fantasy, Superheroes, Modern.
Note that I like my superhero settings large and diverse.

I only like scifi if it's a very specific brand of scifi, and when I do, I REALLY love it.

what brand would that be? There are many sub-genres.

Primarily mecha and its derivatives, like super robot, mecha musume, and sometimes real robot (the antithesis of super robot).
ah, okies. the anime stuff.

Fandom crossover. It’s rare I do anything besides it.

The very best project you'll ever be in? An original concept where everyone involved understands the genre and plot, communicates as a team of creators, and where the characters make sense, and have a planned (not to mention obvious and clear) purpose and objective within that plot.

You know? A good story. :)

Another one for me is Fandoms... the only problem is that I rarely enjoy star wars (I don't know why but maybe I don't watch it...)

Style: I like to roleplay using 1st person and on threads. I like long, very detailed and juicy posts which go in depth on the character, scene, world and other elements of the narrative, not just in the 'what', but in the 'how' and 'why' as well. I don't mind replies taking a long time to come, in fact I encourage those working with me to take the time they need, so long as they deliver the manner of posts I like in the end and remain at least somewhat present OOC.

OOC: I don't just want a partner, I want a friend. I want people who are friendly and cooperative. Furthermore, my best partners have always been those with a sense of humor and who were willing to plan-in-depth with me. Also, I do like me some game-ey mechanics, because I feel they can really give structure and security in some aspects, and can complement the storytelling aspects of roleplaying with a secondary game aspect which enhances the fun.

Genres: My absolute favorite genre is comedy. Other favorites, though not on the level of comedy for me, are fantasy, slice of life, some anime-ish genres like magical girl and isekai, mystery and game. Genres I like but wouldn't consider favorites include school, romance, scifi and battle. Genres I don't want are horror, historical, and the punks.

Settings & Tone: My favorite roleplay settings almost universally include magic in some way, but other than that, I can be fine with pseudo-medieval, urban or even science fantasy. I love settings which mix or have no time period directly associated, and are instead more based on the world's individual development (I'm a worldbuilding passionate), whereas I loathe those overly tied to particular historical periods because I don't want the expectation of knowing about it in detail hanging over my head.

There's a lot more I could cover on such a broad topic, but I guess I'll leave it at this for now.

Fantasy and Fandom though they aren't hard sells Like, my favourite roleplays are a semi-futuristic romance and a next-gen anime fandom. My tastes vary hard, but oh well.

Another one for me is Fandoms... the only problem is that I rarely enjoy star wars (I don't know why but maybe I don't watch it...)
Honestly, canonical Star Wars has got nothing on the EU (Expanded Universe) that is all the books, games, comics, and other un-official (but still legally licensed/endorsed) Star Wars material outside of that. So if all you're going off of is the movies and series... I can understand why you're underwhelmed.

Sci-Fi, Fantasy (both High and Low).

I would do anything for a high fantasy RP. I want to test out this gunslinger character I been mulling over the past few days.

Historical(usually realistic, but rarely I'll opt for historical fantasy), dystopian, and low fantasy. I also have specific tropes I'm an absolute sucker for, including forbidden romance, star-crossed lovers, and buddy-cop or buddy-soldier type stuff to name a few.

my favs are fandom (naruto one piece bleach and hunter x hunter you know main stream but versatile abilities) and fantasy
yeah yeah i know im escapist at its best if i wanted slice of life or realistic in my opinion i would go outside for such but everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back