• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

He smiled and got the bed sat up. “Hold on slow down.” He told her quietly, getting the tray set up. “Here. Eat.” He smiled. “So we can go to your place and get your stuff then go get you back to the ranch.” He smiled.

She frowned. “I just wanted my first time in California to be… happy… we had plans for it.” She sighed a little.

Max gave a small smile and thanked him before she started to eat the food. She finished it in record time and happily patted her stomach "That'll do." She said before laughing lightly "So what time did they say I could leave?"

Pedro gave a heavy sigh but nodded some "Well...it's still somewhat happy right? You got me here, and you're doing a competition...you said you had always wanted to do them."

She sighed and shrugged. “I don’t wanna argue right now.” She told him quietly, rubbing at her face. She was quiet the whole rest of the way including over their lunch break, eating quickly and spending the rest of it in the parking lot with the horses so they could get a leg stretch before finally driving the last section of it.

He smiled and shook his head a little. “I don’t know. They just said this afternoon.” He told her quietly, looking a little worn out

Pedro gave a heavy sigh but nodded pulling his hand away. He knew he'd never replace Eddie,and he was okay with that for now, but it was still a bit upsetting to know he'd never be loved as much as him. He slept the whole rest of the way once Carmen had taken over the drive and as they arrived he woke up when the car jolted to a stop.

Max pouted but gave a small nod "Well lets go back to mine, spend the night there and then go to the ranch in the morning, you look like you need some rest." She said softly to him.

She glanced over at him and smiled a little "We made it, let's get them settled then we can go get some dinner in town." She suggested quietly, getting out to go say hi to the supervisor and follow them through to where they would be keeping the horses for the weekend while they were at the show, leaving Pedro to chill while she sorted them out, finally getting finished and went back to the truck "Let's get into town." She smiled a little. The only time they ever argued was because of Eddie, he just couldn't let it go that she still cared about him.

He nodded and smiled "That works for me." He told her, "I got a text from Carmen, they got to California, farm is being looked after, I no longer have to be there 24/7.... Y'know Eddie never did come home to her... I still wonder if it was partly on me for kicking him out of the job." He sighed a ltitle

Max gave a small frown and sighed softly "Thats good they made it. Jeff its not your fault..yes you fired him, but Eddie is a grown man and made that decision himself. I know for a fact Carmen probably told him not to go and he still chose to." She said before giving his hand a squeeze "Don't beat yourself up on it okay?"

Pedro started to unload their things with the help of some hands. He glanced over at Carmen as she came back over and gave a nod "Sounds like a plan Sugar, we just finished unloading."

She nodded and smiled, rubbing at her face a little and got in the truck, driving them into town to go find somewhere to eat.

He sighed a little. “We really did go in guns blazin though. No wonder everyone ended up hating us.” He chuckled a little.

Pedro smiled some as they got outside a small restaurant on the main street area. He frowned though seeing a guy begging on the street for change of any kind. He sighed some and got his wallet out pulling out a ten dollar bill and placing it in his cup as they walked by while he sang quietly.

Max gave a small laugh and nodded some "Yeah we kinda did huh?" She murmured softly right before the nurse came in with her papers

She frowned as they walked and glanced back at him a little. “I’d rather get them some food then give out cash.” She sighed a little as they walked but when she heard the guy singing she froze in place, not noticing she’d accidentally tripped Pedro up, slowly turning around to walk back to him, feeling like she was moving in slow motion while she stared at his face, finally stepping in front of him and crouched. “Eddie?”

He sat up a bit more and went to get her clothes he’d brought out of his truck so she could get changed, walking back into the room and handed her the bag. “Here. I’ll just be outside.” He told her, stepping out of the room

Eddie looked up when he heard the woman he loved's voice ringing through his ears "Caremen?" He asked quietly reaching out slowly and touching her scared that this was anothet dream he was having. When he tocuhed her though, he felt tears fall down his face "You're real.." he whispered

Pedro frowned as he heard her turn around. He turned back watching her talk to the guy going a bit wide eyed seeing Eddie's face through the dirt.

Max thanked him before she started to get dress frowning when she couldn't get her pants on. She called to him and sighed heavily as he came in "Could you see if they could give us some scrubs? My sweats don't fit over this cast.." she mumbled giving a heavy sigh as she stared at it.

She frowned still a little in shock that she'd found him, "Hey... hey come on, let's... let's get you some food and get you cleaned up." She told him gently, helping him up and having to bite her tongue as she saw how skinny he'd got. He'd always been more on the lean side anyway but he just looked awful now. "I'm here... I'm right here Ed." She told him quietly, hugging him tightly once they were stood up.

He chuckled and nodded, "I told you baggy sweats were the way to go." He teased her but went to ask about some scrubs, taking them back to her and helping her get them on a little, "Right... Why don't we get your stuff then get back to the ranch... the dogs miss us I'm sure." He told her quiety

Eddie stood up slowly shivering and pulling his blanket around him. Due to his loss of weight he was constantly cold. He let a few tears fall nodding a bit "You're here....you're really here." He said quietly reaching for her hand "I called you everyday..." he murmured completely delusional by this point.

Max gave a small nod and thanked him as he helped her into a wheelchair "This cast is going to be a bitch." She muttered as he wheeled her out "Remind me never to wear heels again."

She frowned and shook her head. “Let’s get you fed and get you a bath. We got a hotel nearby okay.” She murmured gently, glancing back and just frowning at how angry Pedro looked. “Do not start. I’m not leaving him here.” She told him seriously, walking back towards the truck. “Pedge if you’re hungry go to the restaurant, I’m taking him to the hotel to clean him up,” she told him seriously, not about to leave him alone again.

He nodded and smiled a little. “I think I’ve heard that one before.” He teased her a little.

Max laughed some and gave a nod "I'm forreal this time. Its why I fell. I stepped wrong in my shoes and tripped." She mumbled before rubbing her head gently "They said my head was okay though?"

Pedro glared as he watched her some before shook his head not saying a word "Why don't you two stay at the hotel the rest of the night. I'll sleep in the truck." He said in an angry tone before storming off towards the restaurant.

She frowned and shook her head, getting Eddie back to the hotel they were staying in and got him up to the room, running a bath while she ordered food. “Ed… where did you go?” She asked him quietly while she was resting the water temperature. “You just disappeared.” She mumbled

He nodded. “That’s what they said. Just a concussion.” He sighed a little.

Eddie frowned deeply as he got in the tub groaning as the hot water hit his body. As the dirt and grime started to come off his body, the track marks littering his body were on full view. He looked up at her and frowned again before looking down "I.....I wanted to give you the life you deserved...they lied to me."

Max nodded some and yawned a bit "To home we go." She said pointing towards the car laughing as he pushed her to the car.

She frowned and just gently tied his hair up and out the way for the minute, gently scrubbing the dirt off. “I’ve been worried sick about you. So has Wayne…. There’s so much to tell you but first I wanna get you clean. Dirt wise and drug wise… then I’m gonna brush out what I can of your hair.” She told him quietly frowning at all the matting. “You might have to go short.” She murmured. “Here, Pedro brought some shaving stuff too, get that scruff off.” She smiled a little watching him.

He smiled some, helping her in the truck then up to her apartment once they got there, getting her fresh clothes, sighing as his phone rang, “hey Pedro, you guys get there okay?” He asked him, taking a seat on her couch for a minute

Eddie frowned some as he looked over at her "Who is Pedro?" He asked her quietly reaching for her hand wanting her as close as possible for now.

Pedro frowned deeply as he gave Jeff a call to let him know they had made it in. He gave a heavy sigh as he tried to stay positive but eventually folded "We found Eddie....homeless on the side of the road...my guess is he'll be coming back with us."

She frowned and paused a little before answerring "Eddie you... you've been gone almost two years.... I thought you had just left me.... He's my partner." She mumbled, not sure what she was going to do for now but right this minute she just wanted to get Eddie home.

Jeff frowned "You what?! You serious?! That isn't what I expected out of this trip... She still competing?" He asked him sighing when he said he wasn't sure at this point and nodded "Just uh... let her know if she doesn't ride now I'm not funding another one... but I won't charge her for it either." He told him sighing a little before hanging up and rubbing his face, seeing Max come out of her room with her bag "Hey... you didn't need to do that on your own." He told her

Eddie frowned deeply but nodded some "Oh....right.." he muttered before retracfing his hand and wrapping his arms around himself "Its really cold in here.." he murmured even though his water was still very warm.

Max looked at Jeff a bit confused as she wheeled herself out of her room with her bag in her lap "Well you were on the phone. I didn't want to bother you." She explaind

She frowned "When was your last hit?" She askede him quietly, looking up hearing the door to the room open then Pedro's voice "You might be starting to go through withdrawals." She told him gently, feeling his head, "You're burning up though Ed." she mumbled, sighing a little.

He nodded "And now I'm off it, gimme that." He chuckled, taking the suitcase "They ran into Eddie... Homeless on the street, Carmen might not even be competing now, drove all the way out to Cali for nothing." He muttered

Eddie frowned more taking deep breaths "Uh..a few days ago...whats today?" He asked trying to stay calm. He frowned deeply seeing Pedro standing outside through the crack of the door 'Is he alright?'

Max frowned deeply as she grabbed her purse "Shit...thats crazy." She said before wheeling herself towards the door "You want food?"

Carmen frowned shaking her head. “Let’s get you some clean clothes okay? Don’t worry about Pedge. I’ll get the pull out couch sorted okay?” She coaxed, stepping out to give him a bit of privacy and went to pedros suitcase frowning as he grabbed her arm. “He needs some clothes. Fine I’ll get mine out but I’m not sending him away.” She told him seriously.

He nodded and watched her. “Why don’t we get a pizza once we get home okay?” He smiled, watching her some, helping her back out to the car

Pedro grabbed her arm some when she came out "No, I'm not giving him my damn clothing." He muttered letting her go before watching her get Eddie some clothes.

Eddie looked up at Carmen as she came in and sighed heavily "He hates me." He whispered letting a few tears fall as he watched her.

She shook her head “it doesn’t matter. Ignore him.” She coaxed, helping him out once he was cleaned up, getting him fo shower off and then got him sat in the bedroom area while she glared at Pedro, brushing through eddies hair some. “We’re gonna get you home tomorrow okay?” She promised.

He drove them all the way home and got her settled in the lounge before ordering their dinner and sat with her again, not sure how to approach the topic of their marriage situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back