• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

Max sighed softly as she walked onto her back porch in her fluffy robe that cool autumn morning. She held her hot coffee mug in her hands giving a small smile seeing her husband already there with a cigarette in hand along with his coffee. "Good morning handsome." She said softly as she sat beside him and rested her head on his shoulder. They had moved to the farm nearly 3 years ago now after having both realized they were tired of the city life and wanted to start a family outside of it. Though, the family part was proving more difficult tham either of them had planned.

Eddie groaned softly as he stretched when he sat up. His back doing him no favors at the moment having slept yet again on his couch. He'd been out late last night playing at The Hideout still trying to chase that rockstar dream. He had moved out of Hawkins as soon as he graduated, went straight to the big city thinking he could come by a record deal easily with his talents. Unfortunately though that hadn't been the case. He'd fallen on hard times and now he was back on the outskirts of Hawkins living in a shit trailer. He was thankful though, the Morgan's had given him a job to get on his feet with no experience and he had also met the woman of his dreams there as well.

Jeff looked over and smiled tiredly, laying an arm across her shoulders once she sat down. “Morning baby, you sleep good? I know carmens already working and she said she’ll have the horse ready by 10 for you to go down and get your photos.” He told her quietly.

Carmen sighed a little as she finished turning out, going to get started on cleaning out beds, turning her music on and got to work, sending Eddie a text asking him where he was at seeing as he was late. She’d met him years ago when someone else had owned the place and they’d given Eddie a part time job. They’d been married a year now but things weren’t the best at this point. They were struggling with money and Eddie was losing hope fast when it came to his music no matter how much she tried to reason that maybe focusing on his day job would be a better idea.

Max smiled softly at him giving a small nod "Oh good, yeah I slept well. Had good dreams and such. Did you sleep alright?" She asked softly before giving him a gentle peck on the lips giggling softly as the scruff of his beard tickled her lips.

Eddie looked at his phone and cursed himself seeing the time. He quickly got up and ready rushing towards the stables in his old beat up van. He parked in their little area and sighed heavily seeing Carmen standing outside for him "Sorry...I overslept." He said before pecking her cheek gently. He loved her, loved more than almost anything else, except his music. He hated that she kept trying to make him focus on this job instead of his music. While he knew she was right in that he needed to focus so they could make their lives easier. He didn't want to give up that silly boyhood dream of being a rockstar.

He nodded and sighed a little. “Yeah I slept okay… I better go get dressed… you gonna come down to the barn with me? Im only working this morning and I thought we could go get lunch.” He smiled.

Carmen stood there shaking her head as he pulled up. “You promised me you’d be on time. And that you would come to bed last night. Eddie you gotta start looking after yourself better.” She sighed, “your jobs are on the board. Get to work before Jeff gets down here and realises you were late.” She muttered, pecking his lips and left him to it to go get her jobs done.

Max gave a small smile and nodded softly "Yeah I'll join." She said happily before she sipped her coffee. She got up after they both finished their cups and took them to the kitchen "I'll meet you out there!" She called to him as he came down already dressed.

Eddie sighed heavily and gave a nod "I know I know...I'll figure it out." He said before he went to start on his jobs. He was already working double time when Jeff made it out there "Mornin' Jeff!"

Carmen had got more than on top of her work and finally had. A chance to go get herself something to drink, sighing as the owners wife arrived. “Ooh… timing is a little off. He will be ready in half an hour but you’re gonna have to wait.” She told her. The two of them had ended up not getting along very well at all seeing as most of her interactions with the woman had been her getting in the way of carmen doing her job properly and the way she had spoken to Eddie on a couple of occasions.

Jeff looked over and nodded to him. “Late night?” He asked him seeing he was looking a little extra disheveled today “You got a good woman covering for you.” He chuckled. “Max would be hanging my ass out to dry… take a shorter lunch break though and I’ll forget it happened. He’d seen on the cameras what time Eddie had arrived. “I need you to go help her out with the photos.” He told him. He knew a lot of the tension came from him and max not really knowing what they were doing still and the fact that the other two had been there years before they bought the place. From his understanding at one point they had planned to buy it themselves but had fallen on hard times money wise so could no longer afford to when Jeff came in and offered way over the asking price.

Max frowned a bit at Carmen shaking her head some "I came to see my husband.i was already informed it wouldn't be until around 10." She said before going to Jeff. She had tried to get on with Carmen but knew her lack of knowledge caused tension, she was trying to learn but this was a completely different world for her. She sighed softly as she got over to Jeff waving at Eddie before he walked off to be with Carmen "Everything going okay?"

Eddie sighed heavily but gave him a small nod "Thanks Jeff." He murmured before he went off as Max came around. She was a sweet enough lady, but sometimes her ignorance on how little she knew about a ranch got the better of her. He couldn't boast about being much better, but he also never tried to hide the fact he didn't know much.

She looked over at him walking into the barn. “Please please don’t be coming in here with more work for me.” She muttered. “This damn photo session is gonna take up half my morning…. I could kill her some days.” She sighed, leaning back against him whike she filled up the bucket she was using for baths.

Jeff frowned some and watched her walk over. “You okay? I think it’s time to get a couple more people in. Eddies getting less reliable but if I let him go she’s gonna walk and Jon made it clear we aren’t gonna find a better groom in the county.” He sighed. “But I need someone else to help pick up eddies slack”

Eddie shook his head a bit "No I'm here to help you out. She isn't all that bad Carmen...just a tad bit annoying at times." He said giving a small laugh "Atleast she stopped trying to put her two cents in on everything."

Max gave him a small nod while wrapping her arms around him "I'm alright just a little tired." She murmured before kissing him gently. She gave a heavy sigh when he mentioned getting more people but nodded softly "He come in late again?" She asked quietly

Jeff nodded. “I’m not getting rid of him but I will only pay him for what he does. Carmen gave me the rundown last week. I was a little mad she didn’t do it sooner. She was saying his dad murdered his mom when he was a kid and he saw the whole thing happen. Plus when he was in high school there were a bunch of murders going on and he was a witness for two of them… kids got issues. She said she’s lucky if on their days off he’ll leave the trailer to go into town with how bad he’s been treated by everyone there.” He sighed some. “Don’t give me that look I know it might just be a sob story but I’m willing to keep trying with him. “

She just nodded and sighed a little. “Alright. If you say so… if you wanna help then you can get him ready. Brushes are already laid out. Hoof oil is in his kit, I’ll be round the corner filling nets.” She told him, pecking his cheek and went to get on with it.

Max gave a heavy sigh as she listened to him giving a small nod "I won't say anything on it. You handle the ranch." She said before kissing him again "You know...my little test says today and the next two are good for trying to make babies." She murmured biting her lip gently as she wstched him. She wanted to be a mother more than anything right now, but they were getting nowhere with pregnancy.

Eddie gave a small nod and kissed her cheek before he started on grooming the horse doing everything Carmen taught him.

He just nodded and sighed a little. “Alright. After work okay?” He promised, heading out to get all the repairs done he had been told about before heading into their office building to go over the business side of things for the place

Carmen had been getting everything done on her own again while max had been keeping Eddie occupied with the photo shoot for most of the rest of their working day, finally going over once their hours were done. “Hey, you done yet? Cause I’d like to go home and I’m not leaving him to walk.” She muttered seeing as she had walked in for the morning now that they only had one vehicle between them.

Max got on with the photoshoot later that day smiling as Eddie helped her. She looked at Carmen and gave a small nod "Yes give me just a minute." She said before taking one last shot, one with Eddie in it this time. She wanted to give it to Carmen as a possible peace offering. She helped them put somethings away before going to Jeff in the offices "Hey there handsome."

Eddie helped Max with the photoshoot the best he could. He gave a heavy sigh as they finally got to the van and started it up "They want us the play Friday night again, said there should be some record producers there."

She just nodded and leaned back, watching him. “Well I can go to that one.” She murmured, giving his hand a squeeze. “You wanna go get some shitty drive thru and just curl up in bed?” She asked him, exhausted from the day and reaching the end of her tether. She loved her husband dearly and she loved her job but they definitely weren’t earning enough to be comfortable and she could see how hard it was getting for Eddie to live the way they had been doing and she was getting scared that they wouldn’t last much longer.

Jeff looked up and sighed a little, rubbing at his face. “I think we might be in over our heads here love. I’ve just run the numbers… I’m gonna have to let Eddie go and just run all maintenance myself if we want to see a profit this quarter,” he mumbled.

Max frowned deeply as she listened to him "Jeff babe you can't do all the maintenance yourself...I can sell more prints, maybe we can put some flyers up and start doing lessons for the kids in town? We could maybe host a field trip? The school would pay us." She said giving a heavy sigh. She didn't want to let Eddie go, she knew it would be terrible for Carmen and Eddie.

Eddie gave a small nod and sighed softly as he drove "Yeah sounds good." He said quietly kissing her hand gently. He sighed heavily as he took them into town stopping right outside of the mcdonalds they had gotten up a few years ago "You think its just teens working tonight?" He asked hesitantly. He was always weary when in Hawkins, people still very much remembered him and the murders. They always gave him stares and judged the two of them.

Last edited:
She shrugged looking inside. “I can’t tell. You want me to go in and get it?” She asked him not in the mood to try and get him to be around people. “Alright I’ll be right back.” She told him quietly, getting out and heading inside.

He sighed some and just rubbed at his face. “I’m already looking down that road and I’m putting out the job to see if I can find someone who does it better but I’m not dealing with him being useless anymore. Not with these numbers.” He muttered. “Why don’t we go back up to the house.” He murmured, kissing her cheek and got up, turning everything off and flllowsd her up there.

Eddie gave a heavy sigh but nodded before pulling into a parking spot. Once she got back he took them straight home, plopping on the couch as soon as he got inside "Talk to me....I can tell you're upset."

Max gave a small nod and took his hand as she led him back to the house "I was thinking Chicken Stir Fry tonight, you okay with that?" She asked as they got to the back porch smiling as their dog Honey came up to him for some love.

She looked over as she came through the door with the food, taking a seat next to him and shook her head. “I’m okay love. Just tired.” She told him quietly, eating in silence and eventually finding herself laid out on top of him on the couch fighting off sleep as she held onto him, not wanting to miss what was becoming a rare thing to have time snuggled up to him

Jefff nodded and watched her. “That sounds perfect. How did the shoot go today?” He asked her curiously while he sat down to kick his boots off and let the dog jump up into his lap smiling wide.

Eddie ate quietly with her just thinking over things through the night. He held her close to him by the end of the night rubbing her back gently. He loved these moments, both of them relaxed in a peaceful silence but he knew they would need to get up or they would fall asleep on the couch. "Come on beautiful....lets get to bed." He said midway through a yawn.

Max nodded some going to start the food "It went well, Eddie was pretty good." She said softly. By the end of the night she layed next to him panting happily after their round of hopeful baby making "I love you." She said softly before kissing his cheek gently "I've been thinking...if we don't get any sucess soon...I'll finally go to the doctor to talk with them further on possible infertility."

She just nodded and got up carefully, throwing their trash out and then went to join him in bed. “What time do we have to be ready for the show tomorrow night?” She asked him quietly, braiding her hair down for the night before getting into bed and just watching him. “Ed… god I don’t know you do that.” She muttered seeing he’d managed to fall asleep in seconds but she just lay back and joined him.

He sighed heavily, sitting up and watching her while he got up to start getting ready for bed, chucking his pjs back on. “Why do you keep putting it off? You’ve been saying this the past 18 months, and all it’s doing is making you miserable”

Eddie stripped down and immediately fell asleep as his head hit the pillow. He was exhausted mentally and physically right now.

Max gave a heavy sigh and frowned softly "Honestly? I'm scared Jeff....scared they'll say something is wrong and its not fixable. I know I'm being ridiculous..." she explained softly before going to clean herself up.

He frowned and rubbed at his face. “And waiting around to find out even later is really helpful huh?” He muttered, going to sort the dogs out for the night then went back to bed a little while later, falling asleep quickly

Carmen woke up early in the morning and just rolled in closer to Eddie once she saw he was already awake and reading. “Mmm how long you been up?” She asked him quietly, shivering a little and pulling their blankets around him a little more.

Max woke up that next morning giving a heavy sigh seeing Jeff looking beyond worn out. She glanced at the time and gently shook him awake "Jeff....babe wake up, we gotta go do our rounds." She said softly giving his cheek a small kiss

Eddie looked over at her and smiled softly "Mornin' just about 30 minutes." He said softly before putting his book down. He leant down and kissed her gently before looking at the clock "I guess we better get up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back