• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

Max frowned more and turned to look at him "All I cause is stress in your life Jeff, something you were told to stay away from." she said quietly just trying to keep herself calm "It was always me, I realized it shortly after everything." she murmured

He chuckled and shook his head. “That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard… but even if it was true I’m not leaving you to sort yourself out right now.” He told her. “Get some rest.”

Max frowned more and shook her head looking at him with broken eyes "You don't need to look after me Jeff....we're seperated....almost divorced...I'll be okay." She whispered before she felt her eyes started to get heavy "I don't.....you don't...you don't have to love me anymore.." she slurred before finally falling asleep not realizing he hand pressed the painkiller button.

He went to get himself something to eat before coming back to the room and taking a seat to work on his laptop.

Carmen woke up much later when they were pulling up to their halfway stop, grumbling some about having promised to do some driving but really she was grateful, having the baby and working had been exhausting and she had been looking forward to this getaway.

Max woke up later that evening giving a small frown as she looked at Jeff "I'm gonna be sick.." she muttered before turning over trying to find some kind of trash can.

Pedro gently shook Carmen awake when he parked at their halfway point "Hey sugar, got us set up for some dinner alright?" He said softly smiling a bit at her. He knew she needed this getaway and he wanted her to be as relaxed as possible.

She smiled tiredly and got out, going to see the barn manager, having her show them where their two would be staying for the night, getting the boys unloaded and settled then went to Pedro and got in the car so they could go get dinner. “I’ll drive tomorrow.” She told him quietly.

He picked it up and held it for her frowning some just keeping an eye on her and getting her hair out of her face. “This takes me back to college.” He teased her a little once she was done.

Max wiped her mouth and gave a small frown "I have had painkillers and nothing on my stomach." She muttered before laying back "I'm hungry." She pouted as she watched him sit back down

Pedro gave a small smile and shook his head some "You just sit back and relax okay? I got this." He said sweetly before taking her to the nearest mcdonalds to grab something quick

She smiled and watched him. “Im a little nervous about getting to California.” She mumbled.

He nodded and pressed the call button. “Let’s see about getting you some food then.” He sighed a little wanting to get her some water as well

Pedro gave a small sigh and nodded some "It'll be okay, I doubt we'll run into him. California is a huge state, if he even is still there." He said frowning some. He hated what Eddie had done to her, it was selfish to him and he wouldn't forgive him for it.

Max gave a small nod and reached for his hand "How has the ranch been?" She asked softly

She sighed a little and shook her head. “I would just like to know if he’s safe. I accepted his choice a long time ago. Long before he ever made it…. But you’ve never known him… and for him to never get back in touch… it’s not like him. I’d like him to know he has a son.” She told him quietly.

He shrugged. “I don’t really have much to do with it… I opened up the riding centre. Hired an instructor. Carmen runs the equestrian side as a manager now and I hired an estate manager so he runs the place. It’s making money at least.” He told her. “Honey misses you.” He murmured frowning some

Pedro gave a small sympathetic smile and nodded some kissing her hand gently "You're right." He said quietly and continued to drive before pulling up to the restaurant "You want to go inside?"

Max gave a small nod as she listened to him "Thats good to hear at least." She said quietly squeezing his hand gently "You've lost weight.."

She shook her head, “let’s just get drive thru so we can get to the hotel and get some sleep.” She sighed a little.

Jeff smiled a little and nodded. “I had another heart attack. Maggie had me going to the gym and only cooked healthy meals. I’ve been dying for a steak for over a year.” He chuckled a little.

Pedro nodded and got through the drive thru thankful that it didn't take too long. He got them to the hotel and up to the room groaning softly as he fell on the bed "Mmm not too bad." He said giving a small chuckle.

Max looked at him with concerned eyes and immediatly started to worry "Another one?! When? How did it happen? You're okay now?" She asked worriedly but soon stopped herself remembering that she needed to keep distance from him.

He smiled and watched her, shaking his head. “I’m alright. Well… if you must know, it happened the day your lawyer dropped off the divorce papers.” He chuckled a little. “Like five minutes after. Doctor said it would have come at some point anyway so don’t feel bad.” He smiled at her.

Carmen was finished by the time they got back and just smiled watching him hit the bed, getting changed before joining him. “Mmm you’ve had a long day babe. Get some rest.” She murmured.

Max frowned deeply and gave a small nod letting a few tears fall "Why....why are you and Maggie not together?" She asked quietly still holding his hand.

Pedro smiled some and nodded "Food first." He murmured getting his food out. He ate quickly before laying back down "Shower in the morning?"

He shrugged a little. “I didn’t really want someone else… I just didn’t want anybody as it turns out. I needed to get my shit together and now that I have my shit together Maggie doesn’t like this version of me. I think you were the only person who ever did. Get some rest sweetheart. I’m not going anywhere okay?”

She nodded and yawned some, curling in close and falling asleep quickly, a lot more tired than she cared to admit

Max gave a smal before giving a big yawn "I don't see how anyone could not love you like this.." she whispered before closing her eyes and falling asleep

Pedro soon fell asleep with her in his arms making sure that he kept her extra close through the night

He sighed quietly, keeping an eye on her through most of the night, still scared that she wasn’t gonna be okay but eventually managed to drift off.

Carmen got up early to her alarm going off and went to get cleaned up for part two of their journey as well as going to collect the horses from the barn

Max woke up the next morning and groaned softly trying to find Jeff as her vision focused. She gave a small smile seeing him sitting across from her still "Good morning..." she said softly reaching for his hand.

Pedro smiled a bit as he woke up seeing her come in "Hey beautiful." He murmured rubbing his eyes some "You sleep alright?"

He smiled a little and watched her. “Hey, how you feeling?” He asked her quietly.

Carmen nodded and finished getting dressed, stretching out some, “yeah, I know it’s early but I wanna get there at a sensible time to get them settled in.” She told him quietly. “I’ll stop at a Starbucks drive thru on the way okay?”

Max shrugged some as she watched him "My leg itches....and I'm starving." She said quietly "How are you feeling?" She murmured taking a deep breath. It was hurting her to see him like, like the man she had fallen in love with, beacause her heart was screaming to take him back. Her brain however, was still not trusting towards him.

Pedro gave a small nod and kissed her gently after he got out of bed "I'll drive sugar, don't worry about it." He murmured

She rolled her eyes and shook her head a little but let him do it, getting things organised to make sure they were out on the road with the trailer by 8am

He chuckled and shook his head. “Don’t know why you’re asking me.. they’re gonna let you go home today most likely so either I can take you to your place or you can come over to the farm for a couple weeks to rest and heal thag leg.” He told her

Pedro smirked some and took her hand as they walked out and down to the truck. By the time they were on the road he was humming quietly to the radio glancing over at Carmen every now and then "You alright sugar?" He asked again growing concerned by her lack of talking.

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "I guess the ranch huh? Less stairs." She said quietly before frowning some "Can you ask them for some food? My stomach is touching my spine." She said giving him her best puppy dog eyes.

He rolled his eyes a little but nodded and smiled. “I’ll go sort something out okay?” He smiled, getting up and heading out to go see what he could do.

She frowned and shrugged. “Yeah I just…. I’m thinking about Oscar and Eddie and I just… there’s no closure when someone just disappears.” She told him quietly

She gave a nod and smiled softly as he left. When he came back with some jello and a sandwhich in hand she gave a small squeal happy for the food. "Thank you!" She said happily before taking it from him.

Pedro took one hand off the wheel and placed it on her thigh giving a sympathetic squeeze "I know Sugar...but you got me here to help you through it alright?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back