• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

Pedro frowned deeply when he heard Carmen shaking his head a bit "Carmen, let me talk to you." He said quietly before taking her near the door while Eddie got settled "Carmen...I talked with Jeff , he said it you don't ride tomorrow then he is going to find someone else. He said he wouldn't charge you but Carmen...I've watched you bust your ass for nearly 3 years to get this spot." He whispered quietly to her.

Max smiled widely when the dogs immediateky rushed to her side as she got settled in the lounge "Oh hello...yes hello! Oh I know, I know, I missed you too babies." She cooed while she petted them. She looked over at Jeff as he came into the room and gave a small smile "Food all ordered?"

She frowned and shook her head. “Don’t bullshit me Pedro. You haven’t even known me three years for one. For two, whatever we have had the time I’ve known you… that is my husband! He’s my best friend and he’s been lost and I need to get him home.” She told him seriously.

Jeff smiled watching them a little. “They missed you.” He told her quietly “Yeah, they said it would be about half an hour.” He told her yawning some as he sat down in his recliner under a blanket

Pedro frowned deeply as he listened to her and shook his head some "Oh now he's your husband again? Last I recall he was just the piece of shit that knocked you up and left without so much as a goodbye." He spat before opening the door and leaving to go sleep in the truck.

Max smiled happily and gave a small nod "I've missed them too." She murmured before watching him "So Maggie is completely out of the picture now?"

She shook her head Those had been words she’d used in anger a few times when everything got too much but she had only ever wanted Eddie to come home and know he was safe. She headed back towards the room and sighed seeing him passed out on the couch and rubbed his back. Score going to bed herself.

He nodded and sighed a little. “All her stuff was moved out few weeks ago. It wasn’t nasty just… didn’t work out.” He told her sighing a little. “I tend to fuck things up like that a lot.” He mumbled.

Eddie woke up the next morning and groaned softly "Hi.." he murmured seeing Carmen sitting in bed "What day is it?" He whispered

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "I'm sorry it didn't work." She said quietly looking at her hands.

She frowned looking over at him. “It’s Tuesday bub… it’s the day we take you home.” She told him quietly. “We gotta go collect the horses then we’re going back… my biggest priority is keeping you safe.” She told him seriously just wanting him to meet his son.

He shrugged. “Doesn’t matter.” He muttered, getting up when the doorbell eventually went and handed max the remote to pick something on tv while he got plates and cups

Max turned on the TV thanking him for the food as he handed her a plate. She sighed softly watching him "How are the other animals doing?" She asked

Eddie gave a small frown and nodded a bit "Don't you have a show? I don't want you to loose your job again because of me.."

She shook her head. “It’s okay…. I just wanna get you home. Ed you’re burning up.” She frowned as she moved over, feeling his forehead seeing he was sweaty. In truth she was just scared that if she went to do the competition she would come back and he would be gone again.

He smiled some. “We got two donkeys. Chickens are all good and the pigs are well… they’re pigs,” he chuckled a little, filling his plate then sat down.

Eddie frowned some as he patted his pockets frowning when he felt they were empty "Shit.....I'm out...listen can you drive me to a small spot? I need to buy some smokes." He said trying to make himself sound convincing

Max laughed lightly but smiled widely and nodded "I always loved the pigs." She said before starting to eat her food. She giggled as Honey started to beg and shook her head "Nooo ma'am you know better, go lay down."

She frowned and watched him. “I saw the track marks. I’m not dropping you off anywhere. I’m taking you home Ed. You can have some of my smokes. But we are going home.” She told him seriously. “Now.”

Jeff chuckled watching the dog keep staring at her. “Acts like she’s starving. The boys have been giving her scraps while they work so she’s got a little spoilt.

Eddie frowned deeply as shook his head some "No...shit Carmen I need a hit..I'm gonna loose my shit." He said looking at her with scared eyes as he started to shake some "I'm desperate.."

Max laughed lightly and nodded some "Oh really huh? You cheeky little bugger." She said before petting her head. She looked back at Jeff giving a small smile.

She shook her head and got him to sit down. “Eddie just sit down. Look at me. First we get you home for gods sakes! You are gonna do at least that much for me you understand?” She snapped at Bjorn a little.

He glanced over after he finished eating and sighed a little. “I uh… you wanna use the guest room?” He asked her quietly.

Eddie frowned deeper but gave a small nod taking a deep breath "Okay....okay I'll go home." He said quietly takimg her hands in his letting a few tears fall.

Max gave a small nod as they finished up eating "Huh? Oh yeah that uh...that works." She said softly

-3 days-
Carmen got out of the truck with Eddie at Wayne’s trailer, waiting tik he was ready to go inside. “We made it… we got you home. I don’t expect this to be easy Ed but he’s gonna be so excited to see you and there’s someone else that you need to meet as well. She still hadn’t told him about their son for fear he would just freak out and refuse to come home but now he was here. Pedro was at their place, packing up his own stuff to get out of there, not happy that she was choosing Eddie.

Jeff trudged downstairs to get some coffee made in the morning, finding max sat at the kitchen table with the dogs and sighed a little. For a moment he could see her from when they were just married and he was regretting the choices he had made. “Hey, how long you been up?” He asked

Eddie hesitantly made his way onto the trailer that he grew up in. They'd gotten him even more cleaned up after they got back the day prior, Carmen having to cut his hair because there was no saving it. He gave her a small nod and took a deep breath when he saw Wayne come out "H-h-hey Wayne.." he stuttered hoping he wouldn't yell. He broke down in tears though when Wayne just engulfed him into a giant hug instead "I'm so sorry I left....I should have listened to you both."

Max looked up from her tea and book smiling some at Jeff. She was finding it hard to not fall back into old routines, especially when he was acting like the man she fell in love with. She gave a small wave and glanced at the clock "Oh about two hours now. I couldn't sleep anymore." She said before turning her attention back to him "How did you sleep?"

Carmen stood back a little while they hugged, eventually going to get Oscar out of the travel cot in eddies old room, smiling as ge was immediately reaching for her. “Hey baby, mommy’s home huh?” She smiled taking him out to see Eddie while she bounced him gently to keep him soothed. “Ed… there’s someone you should meet.”

He shrugged a little. “Not my worst at least… are we gonna talk about it?” He asked her a little bluntly.

Max frowned some and raised an eyebrow at him "About what? Us?" She asked softly giving a heavy sigh as he sat beside her taking her hand in his "What is there fully to say?" She asked quieter this time.

Eddie stood there for a moment and pulled back from Wayne when he heard a baby's voice. He went wide eyed when he saw the child in Carmen's arms, he looked so much like him but also like Carmen as well. He went over and took a deep breath "Who uh...who is he?"

She smiled and watched him a little. “Eddie this is Oscar… or ozzy for short… he’s your son.” She told him quietly.

Jeff frowned and watched her. “We haven’t exactly finalised the divorce… we could give this one more go.” He mumbled.

Eddie went wide eyed but didn't take his eyes off the baby. He took a deep breath and reached out to try and take him but soon retracted himself when Ozzy started to fuss "My...our...our son?" He asked quietly "How old is he?"

Max frowned softly and gave a heavy sigh "I know....but Jeff I...I don't know.." she whispered letting a few tears fall before taking a deep breath to keep herself calm "I want you back, god knows I have missed you so much....but I'm scared you'll leave again....worried that you'll get tired of me again."

She smiled and nodded. “He’s just over a year old… here.” She smiled and gently settled him before passing ozzy over to him. “Ozzy this is dada… this is daddy.” She cooed to him, “he’s seen photos of you. It’s probably the hair.” She smiled a little. “I was gonna tell you but you left and then I wasn’t sure if I was gonna keep him but … he’s been the best thing.” She murmured.

He sighed a little and rubbed at his face. “I’m just suggesting one more shot at it. And if it doesn’t work out then we can separate and I won’t ever bug you again.” He told her

Eddie took a shaly breath as he took Ozzy into his arms and nodded some. He let a few tears fall as he stared at the baby in awe "He's perfect.." he whispered smiling as Ozzy stared back at him and slapped at his face "Hey there....hi...I'm your daddy."

Max frowned a bit but gave a small nod leaning over and kissing his cheek gently "One more shot." She whispered before squeezing his hand.

She smiled as she watched them, starting to cry a little until she turned to see Wayne pulling out pizza menus. “Let me pay for that Wayne you’ve done so much for us lately.” She told him quietly, going over to give him a hand getting dinner sorted.

He smiled and nodded, holding her close and kissing her head. “Why don’t we go out fo lunch.” He suggested. “I just have to pop out and have a chat with Pedro then I’m free all day “ he told her, finally in the position they’d always wanted with having the farm.

Eddie didn't let Ozzy go until he started to fall asleep and even then he didn't want to let him go. He looked at Carmen as she came into the room and gave a soft smile "We really made him?" He asked quietly.

Max gave a soft smile and nodded "I like the sound of that." She murmured before putting her book up and finishing off her tea "Let me go get ready for the day, I want to get getting dressed out of the way."

She nodded and went to sit with the two of them, "He's got your nose, and your eyes." She told him quietly, "You have officially lost your status as a mast of pull out." She teased him gently, "We've ordered pizza then tomorrow we're going home... I'm in an apartment now." She told him quietly, "Sold the trailer... Oh! We gotta go to the sheriff's office tomorrow, get you declared as found." she reminded herself.

He nodded and smiled, watching her go, feeling a little better now and much more relaxed, heading out to go see Pedro, finding him exercising the ones they'd brought back. "I take it she didn't ride then.... You think she's gonna stick around now?" He asked him. He'd warned him about getting involved with Carmen when he first started working there and he was a little disappointed that he had been right

Eddie just nodded some keeping his eyes on Ozzy. He frowned though when he heard Wayne call for them to come eat "I can't leave him, what if he gets lonely? Or what if he dies cause I'm not here?" He said worriedly as he watched Ozzy sleep.

Pedro frowned deeply as he saw Jeff and shook his head some "She didn't ride. She'll be back here, but we're through." He muttered giving a heavy sigh "I should have listened to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back