• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Darkness; L.A. By Night OOC

Main
Here
Other
Here
Two quick questions. First, with all the chaos in the area, has the Masquerade been broken or is it still effect?

Second, is there a start date in mind for our game? I am anxious to get playing.

I would also like to have a few magic-upgraded items using a combination of Forces and Matter, increasing the damage capability of a sword, and having a set of clothes enhanced with both dirt and bullet repelling ability. Can I do that in advance, or am I going to have to roll that in game?

I need to read up on Werewolf Gifts and Ban for totems, and on Rage and Gnosis, see if I can find stuff that fits or whatnot.

Two quick questions. First, with all the chaos in the area, has the Masquerade been broken or is it still effect?

Second, is there a start date in mind for our game? I am anxious to get playing.
The Masquerade has yet to be definitively broken. But there’s suspicions and several tabloids about “mysterious deaths” and “string of missing persons,” alongside more mundane things like rising gang violence (unwitting pawns).

The RP will chronologically start on January 31st, 2024. Several years and one month after Bloody New Years.

I would also like to have a few magic-upgraded items using a combination of Forces and Matter, increasing the damage capability of a sword, and having a set of clothes enhanced with both dirt and bullet repelling ability. Can I do that in advance, or am I going to have to roll that in game?
Can do that in advance since IC isn’t up yet. Once it is I just ask players to acquire anything else ICly once the IC has begun.

I have redone my sketch of Yağmur! Now that I know his totem I thought I'd have it shown off as a stylised tattoo on his chest. His appearance might still change if I feel like it but, hope you enjoy for now.

I have redone my sketch of Yağmur! Now that I know his totem I thought I'd have it shown off as a stylised tattoo on his chest. His appearance might still change if I feel like it but, hope you enjoy for now.
I love the red hair! He looks like a loveable teddy bear! I just wanna give him a hug!

1711490869436.png
The tattoo in case anyone was interested in seeing it clearly. The head looks a bit raven-y rather than a crow but whatever.

On a totally different and unrelated note, I am running a game using the Palladium system rules called Splicers. Think of it as a cross between the Terminator and the Matrix movies where there is a machine intelligence that is trying to wipe out humanity.

The Machine introduced a nano plague that has turned all metal lethal to the touch, so in order to fight back, the Resistance has developed organic weapon systems and powered armor like in the anime series Guyver. The players use points to buy various upgrades and weapons for their armor.

I have the PDF of the main book that I can share with those that might be interested, and I have a lot of experience in teaching the system to new players. I like the dynamic that this group is developing, and I would enjoy adding some new players to my Splicers game from the people here.

Anyone interested in learning more?

On a totally different and unrelated note, I am running a game using the Palladium system rules called Splicers. Think of it as a cross between the Terminator and the Matrix movies where there is a machine intelligence that is trying to wipe out humanity.

The Machine introduced a nano plague that has turned all metal lethal to the touch, so in order to fight back, the Resistance has developed organic weapon systems and powered armor like in the anime series Guyver. The players use points to buy various upgrades and weapons for their armor.

I have the PDF of the main book that I can share with those that might be interested, and I have a lot of experience in teaching the system to new players. I like the dynamic that this group is developing, and I would enjoy adding some new players to my Splicers game from the people here.

Anyone interested in learning more?
I'm interested! I'm at work till 7 my time though so like another two hours. But pm me !

I wouldn’t be looking to join any new RPs for a while so it’s not currently for me, but best of luck and it’s nice you feel this group is developing positive cohesiveness - I would certainly concur.

Just gonna say for ease of communication (if anyone wants to discuss character things or possible collaborative posts in PMs or just chat) that I am always available on Discord. Username is exactly the same as here (0stinato - first character is a zero, not a capital O)!

Should a server be made?

Also work on the IC is underway
I’m certainly up for that, but only if everyone has Discord - it’s all too easy to make someone feel excluded otherwise, and we’ve got a nice group here so far by the sounds.

Exciting! I’m already looking forward to reading the first post.

So, is there a specific intro for each of us forthcoming, or do we just jump in as we want?

So, is there a specific intro for each of us forthcoming, or do we just jump in as we want?
I’d be down to explore existing character relationships (friendships/working relationships) that Yağmur has, if that’s something you’d like to do with Susan too. Maybe we’re finishing up examining a lead or even returning from a fight, or just chilling in one of the established locations or somewhere new entirely. Get some interaction happening right off the bat.

I’d be down to explore existing character relationships (friendships/working relationships) that Yağmur has, if that’s something you’d like to do with Susan too. Maybe we’re finishing up examining a lead or even returning from a fight, or just chilling in one of the established locations or somewhere new entirely. Get some interaction happening right off the bat.
I know that Violet definitely is a contact for Yagmur, so she could definitely be there if you all came from a mission or fight or something. Or if everyone is chilling she could come in looking and begging for a bite to eat. Violet rarely speaks, she let's her eyes and actions do most of the talking.

I know that Violet definitely is a contact for Yagmur, so she could definitely be there if you all came from a mission or fight or something. Or if everyone is chilling she could come in looking and begging for a bite to eat. Violet rarely speaks, she let's her eyes and actions do most of the talking.
Yağmur probably knows her well enough by now to understand her mannerisms, would you agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back