• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Darkness; L.A. By Night OOC

Main
Here
Other
Here
Violet then tries to decide if she's seeing reality as it is or another distorted reality.
The saying, "I reject your reality and substitute my own." is a very real thing when dealing with mages. We make our own rules.

The saying, "I reject your reality and substitute my own." is a very real thing when dealing with mages. We make our own rules.
I support this, that's how life should be! Unfortunately for the crazy Vampire, it's more like she's tormented to see realities that aren't real. I wouldn't be surprised if you all found her talking to a painting on a wall one day.

Is this pre v5 or v5? What generation vampire would a vampire be?
I think we're using v20. I'm not sure what generation a normal kindred is allowed to be. That's up to the storyteller. I'm 13th because all Caitiff are 13th generation.

I think we're using v20. I'm not sure what generation a normal kindred is allowed to be. That's up to the storyteller. I'm 13gh because all Caitiff are 13th generation.
My knowledge is pretty poor on vtm so I have no idea what or how disciplines and attributes and whatever else nonsense I have to put in my character sheet.

I don't mind helping you, I'm a big vampire fan. That is if you want to play a vampire. If you want to be a mage or changing or anything else you'd have to ask someone else.

And a note to myself: don't piss of Bella. With her Celerity of 5 she would kick my butt.

Is this pre v5 or v5? What generation vampire would a vampire be?
V20,

Generations 10-13. 14-16 if you want a Thin Blood.

Generation 12 and 13 are mainly those who have been embraced in the last 75 Years. As such many of them can seamlessly integrate themselves into regular Human nighttime society without issue.

Context on Generations:

Generation is used to denote how many steps-removed you are from Caine himself. The Dark Father lol you killed your brother and banished from God's presence but LMFAO at least you're super saiyan now.

So, Generation 1 is Caine. Guy basically can create or erase vampiric abilities on whim. Like if he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, he can just snap his fingers and suddenly Dominate no longer exists as an ability for any Vampire to use. Last reliable rumor in the past 100,000 years is he works as Los Angeles most time-efficient taxi driver.

Generation 2 is uncertain on the number but typically and implied to have been 3 individuals. Enoch, basically Humanity's first great King and actually a pretty swell dude even after becoming a vampire. Irad, Humanity's first great General. and Zillah, the most beautiful of women who Caine took as a wife (somewhat unwillingly so she did have that wandering eye). Powers wise can just be summed up as "bullshit," and it took most of the Gen 3s pulling a Julius Caesar stabby stab in the back to gank them (and even then, no one is sure they're actually dead dead). Caine was none too pleased when he came back from his cigarette and milk run at the bazaar.

Generation 3. The OGs. The original MCs of vampirism. Termed 'Antediluvians' because these guys are so OOOOLLLLDD School they survived the literal Flood. (God forgot that Vampires don't need to breathe, none of the Angels wanted to break the bad news to the G-man who had not yet mellowed out and was still turning people into pillars of salt for even vague disobedience). In terms of power scaling a single Antediluvian woke up from a 50,000-year nap and it took like 3 magical nukes, multiple literal holier than thou Buddha-ninja nudes, and a technocratic laser weapon channeling energy from the literal Sun to possibly kill this mofo. Basically, it took no less than 3 major factions pooling resources to try and kill it and even then, no one is actually sure cause it was the Ravnos Antediluvian and their whole special gimmick is illusions.

Generation 4 and 5 are usually what are called the 'Methuselah' although the term can be used for any vampire that is over a millennium old. What sets the Gen 4s and 5s apart is that they typically have been in the presence of at least one Antediluvian.

Generation 6 and 7 are the Vamps that typically came about during the Roman Empire to about the late 13th Century. These dudes are the medieval vampire lords of the dark ages and typically occupy the senior most "Elder" positions. These dudes and dudettes often take colorful titles like "Prince of Switzerland" and "Black Cardinal of France" among other fanciful sobriquets. Difference is that these guys got the mojo and established powerbase to basically pull the strings on entire governments. They don't need to really come fight you personally. Annoy them enough and they'll rig a local committee meeting to rezone your hide out and turn it into a parking lot complete with Starbucks. Just to make a point.

Generation 8 and 9 were the new wave guys and gals. The Renaissance baddies, the Enlightenment crowd, often the younger half of the elder spectrum or the oldest Ancilla.

Generation 10 and 11 are the last couple centuries. Loosely from the French Revolution to the end of World War 1. Often senior enforcers, leaders of smaller factions, ones that have survived long enough that they've carved out their own little nook in the nighttime patchwork of territory, feuds, and violence that is the geography of the Modern Nights.

Generation 12 and 13 are the noobs.

Generations 14 through 16 were once thought impossible. The Blood of Caine would be too thin. But alas uh...unlife...finds a way. They're basically Dhampirs. Ranging from Wesley Snipes Blade to juiced up daywalkers that have little power compared to a Vampire but can actually walk around in sunlight without need of SPF 10 Gorillion. Generation 16 is specifically discovered in the 2010s and 2020s so next big thing.

I once played a vampire that had -just- been given the Embrace a couple of nights ago, bitten by a rouge 7th Generation True Brujah that gave him absolutely no instruction in the Masquerade before he vanished.

He was a police detective, and when he went to the station to check in, one of the other officers that just happened to be a Ghoul of the Prince of the city was able to spot his change right away and sent word to his boss right away. The character was taken to the Prince for an audience and he was able to amuse the big guy enough that he wasn't ordered to be destroyed right away. Instead, I was put under the control of the other players with the strict instruction that I was to be taught, and any misdeeds I did would fall on the other character's heads for punishment. And if anything happened to me, the Prince would be VERY unhappy.

I had so much fun with that character.

Dang, Bella looks really cool. It'll be useful that she has mechanics abilities by the sounds of it, especially in a chaotic city.
A lot of very excellent female characters on the CS thread by the looks! I'm sure we can all agree that Yağmur is the prettiest of all.

Dang, Bella looks really cool. It'll be useful that she has mechanics abilities by the sounds of it, especially in a chaotic city.
A lot of very excellent female characters on the CS thread by the looks! I'm sure we can all agree that Yağmur is the prettiest of all.
He could win Miss America! 10/10!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back