• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Darkness; L.A. By Night OOC

Main
Here
Other
Here
Thanks. I still have a lot of work to do on her, but this gives you an idea of where I'm going.
That was a pretty awesome character! Are we using version 20 then? And not v5?
i was under the impression we were. If I'm wrong I'll have to do some editing

No no! I'm sure v20 is perfect! I'll need to brush up on how to score those ability points and skills. I'm pretty sure it's similar to v5.

Really liking the sound of Susan by the CS Sherwood Sherwood I have no idea what the numbers mean, so I’m just going to assume she’s well-built for purpose!

Really liking the sound of Susan by the CS Sherwood Sherwood I have no idea what the numbers mean, so I’m just going to assume she’s well-built for purpose!
The numbers are easy enough to understand. For your Attributes, they range from 1-5, with the average Joe having a 2. If you have a 1 in something, you might be sickly (Stamina) or really clumsy (Dexterity). On the other hand, a 4 or a 5 represents the top level of an Attribute that a person can get. A pro dancer will have the 4-5 Dexterity, where a marathon runner will have the high Stamina. A 5 in Intelligence is a true genius, and a 5 in Charisma is capable of swaying whole nations to his/her point of view.

Abilities are almost the same. They go from 0 (if you are untrained in the particular Ability) to 5, which represents the top of your field. An Olympic marksman that spends hours every day on the range firing thousands of rounds is a 5 Firearms, and a 5 in Medicine means you are a much sought-after professional who's knowledge is second to none.

Merits usually cap out at 5 also, but there are a few that can be raised up to 10. Library is one, and both my character and Psychie's have put points into us having a kick-ass occult library.

The Spheres are a thing exclusive to Mages. They also range from 1-5, with each level getting more and more in tune with the effects of the Sphere.

Susan is the owner of a used book store that also is known to cater to 'special' clients in the city; namely the other supernaturals. I deal in rare books and information. When pressed, I can pull out a sword that is magically enhanced to do some hideous levels of damage. It is my idea that everyone in the game is aware of my bookstore and the side gig I offer up, so we can all have met through that.

The numbers are easy enough to understand. For your Attributes, they range from 1-5, with the average Joe having a 2. If you have a 1 in something, you might be sickly (Stamina) or really clumsy (Dexterity). On the other hand, a 4 or a 5 represents the top level of an Attribute that a person can get. A pro dancer will have the 4-5 Dexterity, where a marathon runner will have the high Stamina. A 5 in Intelligence is a true genius, and a 5 in Charisma is capable of swaying whole nations to his/her point of view.

Abilities are almost the same. They go from 0 (if you are untrained in the particular Ability) to 5, which represents the top of your field. An Olympic marksman that spends hours every day on the range firing thousands of rounds is a 5 Firearms, and a 5 in Medicine means you are a much sought-after professional who's knowledge is second to none.

Merits usually cap out at 5 also, but there are a few that can be raised up to 10. Library is one, and both my character and Psychie's have put points into us having a kick-ass occult library.

The Spheres are a thing exclusive to Mages. They also range from 1-5, with each level getting more and more in tune with the effects of the Sphere.

Susan is the owner of a used book store that also is known to cater to 'special' clients in the city; namely the other supernaturals. I deal in rare books and information. When pressed, I can pull out a sword that is magically enhanced to do some hideous levels of damage. It is my idea that everyone in the game is aware of my bookstore and the side gig I offer up, so we can all have met through that.
Big thanks for the explanation - I assume there are pools of points per Attribute/Ability so you can't just slap 5 in everything? I'm familiar enough with other ttrpgs (D&D 5e, Star Trek Adventures, Star Wars Edge of the Empire, Cyberpunk RED in particular) to know a statted, crunch sheet could be helpful for other players/Valinorean at times, so I'd be willing to give it a go making one.

I've leaned into being the brawn to the Mages' brains. To allow the running of a pack, I've also got a business venture to serve as a front. Let's be good assets to each other in the struggle this corrupted city brings.

What kind of wondrous being are you making? A vampire? Werewolf? Something else?

With the Mages, they get three sets of points that can be allocated to their Attributes. Everyone starts with a free '1' in all stats, then they get 7 points in their Primary trio, 5 in their Secondary trio, and 3 in their Tertiary trio.

The same kind of thing goes for Abilities. Mages get 13 in their Primary, 9 in their secondary, and 5 in their Tertiary Ability sets, and no Ability can go above 3 without using some of your Bonus points.

Depending on what kind of creature you play you may get different numbers in each category.

What kind of wondrous being are you making? A vampire? Werewolf? Something else?

With the Mages, they get three sets of points that can be allocated to their Attributes. Everyone starts with a free '1' in all stats, then they get 7 points in their Primary trio, 5 in their Secondary trio, and 3 in their Tertiary trio.

The same kind of thing goes for Abilities. Mages get 13 in their Primary, 9 in their secondary, and 5 in their Tertiary Ability sets, and no Ability can go above 3 without using some of your Bonus points.

Depending on what kind of creature you play you may get different numbers in each category.
I'm making a Shapeshifter which will follow Werewolf build as a base.

I'm making a Shapeshifter which will follow Werewolf build as a base.
Cool. Do you have a copy of the Werewolf book to refer to? I am pretty sure I have a PDF of it that I could share with you.

Well, its late, and I have to get up early to get my daughter to school in the morning, then run errands until it is time to go to work again. I'll check on this later.

Cool. Do you have a copy of the Werewolf book to refer to? I am pretty sure I have a PDF of it that I could share with you.
I don't I'm afraid.

I've posted the WIP of my CS, using the template provided by the GM! Would love to discuss connections between my character and anyone's who may be interested! I know Sherwood and Psychie, my dude will be a bit of brawn to your brains, so I'm definitely open to discuss that more. Establish the kind of relationship my character has with yours.

Great looking character One of Hearts One of Hearts ! Any ideas about what sort of connections she might have to other characters?
I'm always open to any ideas you all might have. I was thinking of having her be new to the area when we start and decide to explore or work on a task given by the anarchs. Then shebcould bump into a character and ask for their help on the task. But I'm open to other ideas. Did you have something in mind?

I'm always open to any ideas you all might have. I was thinking of having her be new to the area when we start and decide to explore or work on a task given by the anarchs. Then shebcould bump into a character and ask for their help on the task. But I'm open to other ideas. Did you have something in mind?
I wouldn't be able to suggest anything concrete without knowing where/how the RP might start, but if she wants a bite to eat Yağmur has a restaurant. Alternatively, if there are any NPCs I've outlined on my sheet that pop out to you, I'll gladly have one of them have contact with Violet, perhaps provide her with intel she might need for a task?

I wouldn't be able to suggest anything concrete without knowing where/how the RP might start, but if she wants a bite to eat Yağmur has a restaurant. Alternatively, if there are any NPCs I've outlined on my sheet that pop out to you, I'll gladly have one of them have contact with Violet, perhaps provide her with intel she might need for a task?
Oh hey! Those are great ideas! She is a vampire, and they can not eat, but perhaps she has a deal with Yağmur to allow her to drink from clients in exchange for services? Or something along those lines?

Oh hey! Those are great ideas! She is a vampire, and theu can not eat, but perhaps she has a deal with Yağmur to allow her to drink from clients in exchange for services? Or something along those lines?
I was wondering how vampires worked in terms of eating! But absolutely, if Yağmur knows she is in need of a meal, he would be absolutely happy to provide, if she would be a contact for him. That's one of the reasons I thought him having the asset of an open-to-the-public business would be a great front. It'll allow people like Violet to... indulge, if they're careful enough.

Well, I have some background added to Susan in a new tab on the character sheet. Tell me what you guys think.

I was wondering how vampires worked in terms of eating! But absolutely, if Yağmur knows she is in need of a meal, he would be absolutely happy to provide, if she would be a contact for him. That's one of the reasons I thought him having the asset of an open-to-the-public business would be a great front. It'll allow people like Violet to... indulge, if they're careful enough.
Yeah! That works perfectly then! She'd definitely be a contact for a place to feed. Vampires (kindred as they prefer to be called) often have feeding grounds but as a caitiff she's not really privy to many of the feeding grounds. So we can say she stumbled upon his place and agreed to be a contact in exchange for privileges to feed there.

Its a bookstore, but I use the Library Background to help pay for the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back