• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Winter Break RP Search :D

Greekgeek1213

Arrow Ace Aro Ace
21424746._SY540_.png

Hello all! This semester has ended, so winter break role plays are a must!

I can't wait to get back into the swing of things on this site and get to create amazing stories with you all! :D

Without further ado, here's what I'm looking for:
Basics:
  • Semi-Literate Replies: I'm an English major who is also a detail glutton. I most definitely won't be all in your face about grammar, punctuation, length, etc., but I do want replies that have enough of the previously-listed for replies to best make sense and to have appropriate details to work off of for later replies. I'm totally up for talking about this more so that we can find a good balance, and to start such a conversation right-here, right-now, I'm comfortable with replies being a long-ish paragraph/two paragraphs.
  • Communication: I like to chat and get to know my RP partners :) I find it important to really get to talking about what we both want so that we can work off of those wants to create something wonderful and enjoyable! And if we get bored of something, I appreciate communicating that, too. Neither of us should have to be stuck doing a RP we aren't into/into anymore. I promise I won't bite if you ever feel like that!
  • Reply Speeds: With the holiday season, surprise plans made by family members, just the basic chaos that this year has brought upon us, and more, I hope that we can both respect each other when it comes to when we reply to our role play. I'd like to discuss this with peeps who want to RP with me so we can have a comfortable 'schedule', whether it be that we reply twice a week, twice a day, or anything in between and beyond. That way we aren't pinging each other like crazy and so that we don't just forget about the role play altogether.
  • OC and Canon Characters: I'm most definitely open to peeps using their OCs, as long as it makes sense to use them for the kind of story we want to write together. Same for canon characters. One thing I want to note is that there are certain canon characters from the series below that I can play well, ones that I'd like to try out and have yet to play as before, and ones that I'd rather not play as for one reason or another. This is something that, when the time for character choosing is at hand, I'd like to talk about so that we are both happy with the characters we end up playing as.
  • Relationships: I want to be honest out-right and say that playing a character who is in a romantic relationship is hard for me, especially if a RP goes on for a good amount of time. While platonic relationships are the easiest for me, I'm always up for learning how to better my writing abilities, so if you really want one of your characters to be in a romantic relationship with one of mine, please do be kind when I make probably-awkward replies, for I have no sense of what being in romantic love is like XD Also, because of the possibility of such relationships, I'd feel more comfortable RPing with someone who is 18+.
Fandoms:
  • Hetalia: While I do have an OC for this fandom, in all honesty, I'm here for the story and, mainly, for the history learning experience. Yes, I'm one of those role players, heh. But yeah, I've always found it super interesting how such a comedy-filled show could bring historical events, places, and people 'back to life' in the show's own way, and I'd love to capture that in a RP. It doesn't have to be super duper historically accurate, obviously. Role plays should be fun and not seen as an extra homework assignment neither of us ever asked for. But it'd be nice to talk about historical stuff we both like and to work from there, sprinkling facts here and there for flavor so that we both learn something while we create our own version of the story :)
    • For my OC, she's a child nation of an island where most everyone on her island is genetically mute (I wanted to try a Martha's Vineyard-type thing for this one) She's there for if you are interested, and if not, no biggy!
    • For some of my preferred historical time periods, I'm a fan of learning more about the 1500's-1800's. Doesn't really matter to me where such a RP takes place (save for which characters we choose to play as).
  • Detroit: Become Human: I'm a big fan of this game's use of mixing mystery, comedy, ethics, and action, and these are the kinds of parts from the game I'd like to bring into a RP. I'm cool with a RP that follows most of the events of the game or something that goes off the beaten path, so feel free to really go all out with your idea if you have one for this game!
    • I have no pre-made OCs for this fandom, but I personally would like something that doesn't just repeat what the main canon characters did in the game. If anything, if we choose to play canon characters, I'd love to see how side characters played out, or even how the main canon characters lived their lives before the game's events.
  • Black Butler: To be honest, I haven't watched/read this series in a while, but I'd love to get back into it! I'd very much be interested in looking deeper into the supernatural lore of this world and find a fascinating way to mix it with historical stuff.
    • I have no pre-made OCs for this fandom, but just like what I said for D:BH, I'm a fan of seeing the lives of people beyond what happens in the series. Perhaps we could do something about what side-characters' lives were like before they met Ciel &/or Sebastian? Maybe we could find out what a certain species of people do behind the curtains of Victorian England? There's plenty to discover!
  • Other Fandoms: The following list is made up of series that I love reading/watching but that I just gave this gut feeling would be a bit big to RP about. However, I post this list for the possibility that one of you may have an excellent idea of how to take a small part of one of the series and make it something we can dive into and enjoy writing about! I have faith in all of your creativity, so if you want to do something with any of the below, do let me know!
    • Soul Eater
    • Supernatural
    • Fruits Basket
    • Fullmetal Alchemist & Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    • Percy Jackson (as well as all the other connected series. As a note, though, I have yet to read the Kane Chronicles, so I don't know much about that one other than it's based on Egyptian mythology)
    • The Girl From The Other Side (It isn't a 'big' world, so-to-speak, but it doesn't have much of a following and I have yet to RP with this series)
    • The Legend of Zelda (I've played Twilight Princess, a bit of Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Breath of the Wild so far)
    • Stranger Things
Non-Fandom Favs:
  • D&D: Gotta say, going back to the basics of fantasy is extremely fun! While doing a full-fledged campaign would be hella hard, taking inspiration from the lore of the basic world of Dungeons and Dragons could be fun!
  • Historical Fantasy: As you may have guessed from the above, history is my jam. Fandom or not, basing a RP on a historical time period could lead to a great adventure! It can also be based around mythology and the like, as well, so if you're idea for a historical fantasy RP is, say, hanging out with the centaur Chiron and his students who are learning to become heroes in Ancient Greece, then go for it!
  • Mystery: I have yet to do much in terms of mystery-based RPs, but it's a genre I'd love to give a try!
Aaaand that's it!
Of course, if you have any ideas of how to set up a great RP that don't relate to the above, definitely let me know, cause I am always excited to try new things and to see how such ideas develop! If you're interested in any of the above, please do tag me in a comment below or feel free to PM me! Can't wait to talk to you all and to get an RP started :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back