• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Whitehall University

He sighed, keeping himself composed, he lied through his teeth.

"Officer, it was nothing more than bleeding gums, I caught them brushing my teeth this morning; still suffering from jetlag you see; I was just sitting here getting some fresh air."

I looked over at Jake and listened to his lies. I whispered to him, "Then what about your paleness and the cold sweat you broke out into? What about when you were crawling and and your ragged breathing? What's the explanation for that Jake?" I questioned before looking at him and back at the officer. "I'm sorry officer could you please give us a minute." I asked respectfully before bringing Sio over a bit closer to listen to the rest of Jakes answer. "What happened Jake?" I asked as I heard the concern breaking out into my voice.

Online: (x)

Offline: ( )

Falling asleep: ( )

Busy/Super Slow: ( )

"Jake, you know we only want to help right? You can't tell us that nothing happened when that was the worst reaction to anything I had ever seen. And what about the blood on your hands? Wasn't there blood on your hand?" Siobhan whispered. She was slowly regaining her composure, but concern was still present in her expression and voice. She couldn't help but glance back at the officer who was looking at them strangely. "Oh crap, I hope he doesn't think it was a prank..." she whispered to herself.

He tried to laugh it off.

"Nothing happened, it's all because of jetlag, I'll get better as soon as you let me go and rest, I'll see you guys later at the Freshman talk."

Jake shrugged himself out of her grip, walking back to his dorm with his hands shoved deep into his pockets, he turned around, briefly walking backwards.

"Sorry Officer for the confusion, but your help won't be needed, thank you."

He turned back round, and continued walking away.

I stood back up and grabbed Jakes shoulder, "Jake come on, there's no way that's Jet-lag. I've been jet lagged numerous times but I've never been through anything like that. Sio and I are your friends. No matter what happens we won't judge nor will we tell you secrets. So please tell us what happened." I tugged on his arm as I urged him to tell the truth. "If we have to send the officer away for you to tell us we will but please don't keep on taking on all of the obstacles your probably going through on your own. Me and Sio are here to support you, look after you, help you, and do all we can for you. That's the purpose of friends."

" I don't want to share anything. I don't want to talk about it. Did you even consider that?"

He glared at her as he pulled his arm from her grip.

"See you two later."

He walked off again, without a second glance.

"Where. are. you. trying. to. go?" Siobhan yelled at Jake's retreating back. "If you don't let us help you, then you will never get better! Bleeding is a bad sign. I hate blood. I hate things I don't understand." She stared hard at him trying not to exude anger at him. "You can't do this to friends. I don't care if we just met. True friendship means that someone does not leave another person behind or in pain. You are in pain! Jake!" She had just wanted to help and yet he wouldn't let them. It was frustrating and infuriating. "At least don't leave us with the police officer that probably thinks it was a big joke!"

Theo was relieved to hear Heather's reply. She didn't seem too estranged by his lack of charm. He took in a quiet breath. "Nice to meet you both."

AJ smiled, making eye contact with Heather. It bothered him that Jasmine wasn't really paying much attention to them. Call him egotistic, but normally, girls dropped everything to talk to him when he made the effort. "Its good that you asked actually. We aren't new--in fact we've been at the school for a couple of years already. Theo, over here, was promoted to captain of the varsity soccer team this year, so I guess that's what's up."

Even though AJ's antics pushed him to the limit at times, Theo had to admit he made a good wing man. If only he knew how to be just as engaging to women. AJ glanced over at Theo--another hint.

Theo looked over at Heather and Jasmine. "Yeah, I'm pretty pumped for the season this year. We have a good team, you should come check us out sometime." Holy crap, that was smooth, where 'd that come from? Does she even like soccer?

AJ only grinned wider. He prodded Theo on with a tilt of his head. In his mind, he wiped away a sardonic tear. His little bro was growing up.

"Uh," Theo hesitated. What was he supposed to say? "So, what about you guys? What are you studying?"

He walked back to the officer, hands still buried in his pockets. "Forgive them Officer, they were under the impression that I was in danger due to my position and lighting. I assure you I'm fine, but please thanks those girls on my behalf for worrying about the condition of my health; this wasn't a prank, just a mere misunderstanding, but let's all just be thankful now that it's cleared up. Thank you, have a nice night."

He nodded his head towards the Officer, walking past his friends; muttering, "Sorted" to them as he did.

His phone laid scattered on the ground where it was dropped by Jake after the phone call; the call log to the hospital still on the screen.

I felt saddened as I saw Jake simply walk away from Sio and I. I felt tears burning in my eyes as I walked back towards the building and noticed Jakes phone on the ground I picked it up and glanced at the call log and memorized the last number he called before yelling out at him, "Jake! Here take your phone!" I walked a few feet whereas I thought I would be able to throw his phone close by him. So I threw it only to see it fly past him and land on the grass in front of him. "...He called a hospital in England..." I said in a low tone to Sio as I began to head towards the parking lot.

He had 'fixed' the problem, but Siobhan could only think about the saying: You may have won the battle, but you will not win the war. She apologized to the police officer and followed Raven. After hearing her words, she stopped. "A hospital?" she asked quietly. "Are you sure?" She watched Jake continue walking. "What happened to him?" she asked with a sick feeling in her stomach. "What can we do for him?" Her hand brushed at the tears that threatened to spill. "Can we do anything for him?" she whispered barely audibly.

"I'm gonna see if I can call the hospital and see if I can find out who Jake was calling." I explained, "I'm not sure what we can do for him right now other than try to cheer him up and get him into better spirits whenever we can." I continued as we walked out the campus entrance and into the parking lot. I clicked the unlock button of my C7 model corvette and said, "Come on, Let's call the hospital in my car at least no one can overhear us nor interrupt our call if we sit in there and call. Right?"

He picked up his phone in a hurry, not wanting to waste any time. He ran back to the bench. His bench. Isolated from all area's, better off alone.

Just like him.

He craved to tell his friends... To confide in them... To be heard and seen for who he truly is. There's only so much a person can take before they crack... And he's already casting splinters...

"Yeah..." she said quietly and got into the passenger seat of the Corvette. "This is a nice car. I never learned how to drive," she added. "Wait, how did you find out about him calling a hospital?" She had already forgotten about the fact he had left his phone behind. She was too busy worrying about other things.

The sun was starting to descend across the sky. "Oh, we may have to hurry to catch the assembly soon," she observed as she waited for Raven to call the hospital.

((Btw, we'll wait for the other group to catch up when we do the assembly part. Non-freshmen don't have to attend.))

"Thanks and he left behind his phone remember, which gave me a chance to see and memorize the number." I explained as I dialed the number into my phone and put it on speaker. It rung several times before someone picked up. "Hello this is the nurses station of Royal London Hospital. My name is Anna, how may I assist you today." The voice of a older Brit answered.

I turned to Sio and whispered, "I'm not very good at taking up business calls can you ask for the information while I write it down?" I pleaded.

"Ah, hello!" Siobhan said caught by surprise by Raven. "Umm, is there someone by the name of... uh..." Jake hadn't given them his surname when he told them his name, and she had no idea who it could be. "Umm, somebody named Jake called recently. He's a British student in America? Is there any way I could be transferred to the room in which he called?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'll need more information than a first name. What is the surname of the person you were calling?"

Siobhan glanced at Raven in concern. What next? she mouthed at her.

"Umm say it's an emergency and he's in college. He left London and now he's in California. He's a freshman." I whispered reciting all the information we knew about him. "Oh and he had black hair and violet colored eyes usually quiet." I said. "He called aprox. 25minutes ago."

"We don't know his last name," she continued after nodding at Raven. "We do know that he is a college freshman at Whitehall University in Brooksdale, California, the States. He has black hair and violet colored eyes." Violet eyes weren't very common, right? "It was pretty obvious that he was very upset after the call that he had. Is there anyone who might be related to a boy of this description in your hospital? Please, we're his friends, and we're only trying to help." Pleading laced her words. She tried to make it sound as desperate as possible, which was not very hard. If he wouldn't tell them what happened, they had to know something.

"Ma'am, I cannot give out personal information over the phone," replied the woman with some pity in her voice. For a second, a slight rustling sound carried over the phone, as if someone was hiding the phone. "However," her voice continued in a quieter tone, "I also understand the anguish friends can have for other friends. All I can tell you is that an older woman with a serious medical condition is in the hospital. I believe she may have had a visitor of this description several times in the last few weeks until he stopped coming." A phone rang in the background. "I'm sorry, but this really is all I can tell you without being sacked."

Siobhan thanked the woman and hung up the phone. She looked up at Raven with slightly watery eyes. "Do you think we could trust her information?" she asked.

I nodded, "Yes I think it's safe to say we have no other choice but to Sio. We have no other leads but this and as for anything else we can only guess until we are able to figure out what his last name is." I drew in a deep breath to try and clear my mind before stating, "Now we have to go and find Jake and see if maybe we can cheer him up again." I looked over at Sio and saw her watery eyes and said, "Sio whatever Jake is going through we can't break down when he does if we are strong when we need to he'll learn to be when he needs to. So come on and let's look for him ok?"

Siobhan rubbed the tears away and sighed. "Yes, I know," she replied. "But I have no idea how to deal with a situation like this. It has never happened before. My friends are usually stable. The worst I've ever seen any of them is that one of them spilled wine on their custom tailored dress for her sixteenth birthday. The dress was white, by the way. Red wine and white do not mix." She realized she was babbling and stopped. "Sorry," she muttered and opened up the car door. "Let's go find Jake. Remember to ask his last name when we do find him. We might need it next time. I think he said he was heading to the assembly?"

I thought for a minute before responding, "No, he looked like he wasn't in the mood to walk blindly to a place where he'd be surrounded by a sea of people. And don't worry I don't know how to deal with this completely myself, I'm just following my gut on this one. Where was it that he said he was going to earlier?" I said as we exited my vehicle and went off to find him.

Vampirelovee said:

"I'm Heather. This is Jasmine, we just met." She smiled trying to be as outgoing as possible, while still recognizing that Jasmine was going through something. "Nice to meet you AJ and Theo." This Theo kid, despite the fact that he looked like a swimsuit model, seemed adorably nervous. "So what's up with you guys? Are you new?"

Heather took a bite of her salad, washing it down with another sip of her Gatorade. Though AJ was undoubtedly attractive, not to mention he seemed a whole heck of a lot less nervous, Theo was the one Heather was so curious about. He had this smile that made Heather want to smile right back. Crazy.

Heather glanced at Jasmine, and right then promised herself that she'd keep her company. Heather could picture it: best friends trying to make it through college together. She was already getting ahead of herself.​
Despite wanting to be open with whoever was around her, talking about whatever she was going through as of current was a very touchy subject. She felt as if she couldn't live one more day without her Mom, but knew deep down in her heart that Suicide was not the answer. "I'll see you guys later, I'm just gonna go for a walk." She was in no mood to talk or make conversation. She left the Dining Hall and started walking to who knows where, but was obviously staying on campus. What was a good place to be alone and not be bothered, she wondered.

"The library? Remember how he said he would stay there forever if he could?" she suggested after realizing that Raven was right. All he had seemed to want to do was to run away from everyone and hide. She dug in her purse for the map she had reached for earlier. "Or his dorm, but he didn't tell us what number he was in." She also wasn't completely sure if women were allowed in the men's dormitory. "Which one should we try?"

Charlie stepped back to observe the final product of her dorm room. She had spent the last couple of hours unpacking, and making sure everything was just right. Charlie was sure that within the next week everything would be everywhere, but for the moment she was happy and made a silent promise that she would keep her room this way. As if. The posters hung on the wall above her desk, which had a small stack of notebooks with pens beside them, anxiously waiting to be used. A tall bookshelf stood to her right and was completely full of novels she brought from home; a small box hid under her bed of even more books that couldn't fit on the shelf. Happy with her days work she decided that she should take this opportunity to go out and meet some people. Classes started in just a few days, and Charlie had the feeling that once they did her opportunities for meeting people was a lot less. With one final satisfied nod she grabbed her bag off of a near by chair and pulled it over her head, where it rested comfortably against her hip. With a flick of the lights, and a turn of the door knob she was out of her room and into one of the hallways to the girls dorm.

~*~*~*~*~

Charlie was walking around campus, her bag bouncing against her hip. So far her adventure had brought her to the book store, of course, and a record shop. While looking for a new place to check out her stomach rumbled lightly. Charlie bit her lip. 'Maybe I should eat something first before continuing.' Charlie scanned the area, looking for anywhere that would sell food, or preferably something sweet. A large sign proclaiming that the building it stood in front of was the dining-hall looked promising enough. Charlie made her way towards the large building and pressed against the heavy doors. The doors opened into a large, open room with very few people in it. She glanced at a small group at one of the tables, but quickly turned her head. Aggravating a group for 'staring' was not high on her to do list of her very first day at the school. Without a second glance to the group she made her way across the room to the vending machines. Charlie pulled out her wallet and bought herself a Coke, a small bag of chips, and a chocolate bar, Kit Kat. She slipped the candy bar in her bag for later before carrying the drink and chips to a far table. Charlie opened up the pop and took a long drink before turning her attention to the chips. While she ate, much to her dismay, she couldn't help the occasional glance towards the small group at the table. It was two boys and two girls. The two boys were definitely attractive. As she watched one of the girls got up and left. Not for the first time in her life, Charlie wished she was courageous enough to just walk up to a group and introduce herself, but the chances of that happening anytime soon were slim to none.

Jake was lead down on the bench, looking up at the sky as it's coloured shifted into an array of oranges and red.

It was beautiful.

He wasn't used to seeing sunsets as vibrant as this, he wasn't used to seeing sunsets at all.

It took his breath away, more so as he studied the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back