• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Whitehall University

"Ah." He smiled lightly. "Thanks for the heads up."

He rubbed his eyes sleepily, caught out slightly by jetlag, and a mixture of 3 weeks total worth of sleep standing at than 5 hours.

He should probably go and call his mother, make sure she's okay.

"Will you guys excuse m-me for a minute?"

Grabbing his phone, he walked outside the room, dialling the number, biting his lip to stop it from quivering.

"Sure!" I told Jake before seeing him walk outside. "Thanks Sio! And no I haven't received any training. All that I do and earn is with my own strength and power. But for the past two years I've been within the fashion industry observing different techniques." I replied not feeling exactly ready to be a completely open book. "Also do you think Jake will be ok? I mean he seems like he's constantly worried about something." I said continuing to talk with Sio.

Online: (x)

Offline: ( )

Falling asleep: ( )

Busy/Super Slow: ( )

She stopped flicking through the notebook and handed it back to Raven with a frown. "I just assumed that it was him being away from home. Maybe it's something else..." She watched Jake leaving the room concerned. "I guess we'll just have to wait and see, and just be there for him. Hey, at least he has friends now," she added optimistically. "And I think our adventure has been good for him. I mean, he was smiling just a while ago. And giggling."

"M-Mum?" He chocked down the phone.

She sounded weaker. Much weaker. He heard the monitor attached to her through the phone, the brittle rattling of her breath.

"Can... C-Can you hear me?"

She stayed silent for a long time, the dryness of her throat apparent down the phone. Was the Hosptial even looking after her at all?!

"
M-Mum?!" He shook hard, his lip quivering just as hard as his shoulders shook; his throat an internal inferno, burning the lump of grief inside it to, what it seemed, like molten rock.

He heard the sound of the phone being passed, almost snatched, to someone else, them trying desperately to take it from her.

"Hey Jay, it's you're mum's nurse here, remember me? She's... She's sleeping right now."

He heard screaming in the background.

"Call back tomorrow. Goodbye."

He stood there in shock, unsteady on his feet; leaning against the wall for support, on the verge of collapsing to his knees. He was hyperventilating on the verge of passing out, tears pouring hard down his face, staining his pale face; blinded by the flooded water building up in his eyes. He felt like he was going to be sick, dry retching; burning his throat more. He was shaking extremely hard now, seeming barely conscious.

Panic attack.

Anxiety attack.

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah I think it did cheer him up." I smiled and looked over at Sio, "Let's go and check up on him. Ok?" I suggested already beginning to make my way towards the door. I was happy that Jake wasn't as gloomy as when we first met him.

She nodded. It had been a while for him to make a quick call. She followed Raven towards the door. They could always make the excuse that they were just ready to move on to another building. "Hey, Jake, you alright?" she asked as they exited.

He gripped tighter onto the wall, so tight the sharper edges dug deep into the palms of his hands, blood trickling steadily down his wrists and sticking to his sleeves.

He couldn't calm down.

He couldn't breathe.

He collapsed to his knees chocking on the waves of panic, the anxiety screaming; he dry retched harder, crying so hard he was barely concious, the blood pounding in his head. Hard.

They had given up on her. They were leaving her to die like some sort of animal.

He couldn't even say goodbye.

I walked a bit closer to him poking his cheek before I noticed that he having trouble breathing and that tears were rushing down his face. "Sio! Call 911 or someone! He doesn't look too good!" I told Sio in a panicky manner. "Hey Jake calm down and breathe in and out ok!" I said shaking his shoulder a bit. I'd never seen anything like this after all of the twenty years I've roamed this earth.

Jake was deathly pale.

The voices were severely muffled around him, the only sound he could hear was the blood roaring in his ears; confident that his ears were, in fact, bleeding.

This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be happening.

She froze. She couldn't do anything but stare at her friend who was in apparent anguish. She had never seen anybody in so much pain. Her sheltered lifestyle never prepared her for human suffering to this extent. "What....." was all she could past her numb lips. Desperately wishing for somebody else to help them, all she could do was stand there staring.

Jack tried desperately to crawl away, too weak to stand, scrambling weakly against the hard, natural, flooring. He chocked harder, spitting out blood.

He was exhausted, fatigued, but he had to get away.

He had to find himself shelter.

He had to find isolation.

I removed Jakes hands from the sharp edges of the wall and searched through my purse for some napkins. I tried wiping away the blood from his hand, "Sio! Please call someone!" I screamed. I turned back to Jake and yelled out, "Jake what happened?!?" I shrieked as I grabbed his shoulders to prevent him from going anywhere in that state. I've seen people be hit by cars, attacked and jumped, stabbed, you name it I've probably seen it, except for anything like this. "Jake calm the hell down!" I yelled. I was literally fearing for his life and I didn't know what the fuck to do.

Raven's voice cut through her stupor, and almost not knowing what she was doing, she reached into her purse and grabbed her phone. Somehow her numb mind remembered the campus police's phone number that she had seen on a brochure that was sent to her house. She punched in the number and waited for someone to pick up.

"Umm, hello?" she said in an unnatural voice. "Something... happened to our friend. We need help."

"What is your location on campus?" the voice on the other side said quickly. Siobhan couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman.

"Umm.... Outside Higgin's Hall? It's the science building. Hurry. Please." She ended the call and sank down on the ground. Inching toward Jake and Raven, she tried to do something.

He took deep breaths.

Closing his eyes he focused on his breathing and repressing the feelings; to not feel a thing any more.

He felt himself burning up, the sweat sticking his clothes to his skin.

It was working.

His breathing became easier as he became emotionally closed off; his eyes empty of life, he sat up, only to look at the ground; playing with his fingers.

In exactly the same position he was in when him and his friends first met.

Now I was just plain frightened. I looked back at Sio before tapping Jake lightly on the shoulder and asking in a shaky voice, "Um Jake? Are you ok?" How could it be that one minute he was having some type of spasm and be spitting up blood one minute to siting up in the same solemn manner as when Sio and myself first saw him. It was a complete mystery to me but either way I knew my friend needed help.

He kept his eyes to the floor, just simply nodding; playing with his fingers.

Of course he was okay,

He felt nothing.

She whispered in Raven's ear, "They should be coming soon."

True to her word, a golf cart with blinking lights appeared coming towards them. The campus police was almost there.

Siobhan grabbed Jake's arm, making sure that he didn't try to escape.

"I'm Heather. This is Jasmine, we just met." She smiled trying to be as outgoing as possible, while still recognizing that Jasmine was going through something. "Nice to meet you AJ and Theo." This Theo kid, despite the fact that he looked like a swimsuit model, seemed adorably nervous. "So what's up with you guys? Are you new?"

Heather took a bite of her salad, washing it down with another sip of her Gatorade. Though AJ was undoubtedly attractive, not to mention he seemed a whole heck of a lot less nervous, Theo was the one Heather was so curious about. He had this smile that made Heather want to smile right back. Crazy.

Heather glanced at Jasmine, and right then promised herself that she'd keep her company. Heather could picture it: best friends trying to make it through college together. She was already getting ahead of herself.​

JustAnAuthor said:
Jake's voice came out quiet, innocent.
"W-What ar-re you doing? W-What's go-ing o-on?"
((Um, did I miss something? Your character is being kind of dramatic for the first day of school))

I drew in a deep breath and replied, "Jake you need to be checked out to make sure everything is truthfully alright. Just a minute ago you were making yourself bleed and coughing up blood while having some sort of what seemed like a convulsion and you wouldn't even explain to us what happened. And now it's like your just sitting there like nothing happened." I was concerned about him at this point, I looked over at the golf cart that the campus officer drove.

"Please..." He whispered, "Just let me go... I just need to rest."

He looked up at them with big, pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry, but we can't do that...." she whispered as the policeman ran over to the small group.

"Who needs help and what happened?" he asked as he bent down.

"Jake," she said simply pointing towards him. "I've never seen... He spit blood." She looked at Raven pleadingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back