• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Whitehall University

Siobhan Grayson

Siobhan Grayson submitted a new resource:

Whitehall University - Fictional small private university located in CA

Welcome letter:
Congratulations!

You have been accepted to Whitehall University. Please respond quickly, as seats are limited. Enclosed, you will find general information including a list of rules and a map of the campus.

Thank you for applying, we hope to hear back from you soon.

Whitehall University Office of Admissions

Brooksdale, California

This is a small fictional university role play, Slice of Life style.

The different years are Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior. No...
Read more about this resource... 
Siobhan slightly nervously fiddled with her admissions letter as she got out of the car that had driven her from the airport. Her plane ride from the east coast had been uneventful, and she had traveled alone. Her parents had already done their part by paying the expensive bill and reminding their only daughter to follow the rules to a tee. A Grayson could not be expelled from or allowed to drop out of such a prestigious university. Both her parents were involved in business, and they expected Siobhan to follow in their footsteps.

Orientation was starting soon. Classes would begin in the next few days, but she did not know which classes she would be taking. That would be determined during orientation. She knew that she would probably end up with core classes and a couple of introductory classes for the business degree.

Her heels clicked on the stone floor as she walked into the Student Union. She was early, which made her even more nervous. Not many students were around.

"Umm, hello," she said to the woman waiting to check in the freshmen.

"Name?" the woman asked briskly.

"Grayson, Siobhan," she replied.

"Welcome to Whitehall University, Miss Grayson," the woman said as she made a mark next to Siobhan's name.

8anyqyha.jpg

Name: Raven Oceane Cross

Major: Art and design, Minor: Modeling.

I finally arrived from New York into the San Jose International Airport. From today on I'll be attending college in Brooksdale, CA. I collected my luggage from the baggage claim before exiting the gelid building into the tropical climate of Cali. I hopped into a cab and gave him the address of my new apartment in Brooksdale. There my furniture would already be set up and my beautiful candy apple stingray corvette would be awaiting for my arrival. I saved the money I received from modeling gigs to buy me my precious vette. I refuse to ever accept my mother or fathers assistance. After all I'm only their love child, I'm not truthfully loved by them I'm just the creation of two rich peoples affairs. My mother is a worldwide famous actress and my Father is a well-known athlete. I'll hate them until the day I die maybe even beyond then. All they ever offered me was money and jewelry, electronics, let just say you name it I would have it that is everything bit their time and affection.

I dragged away from my thoughts and back into reality when the taxi driver requested his money. I handed him the money before removing myself from the vehicle and entering the lobby of the high class apartment. I entered the eleavator and and arrived at my floor. To my surprise every floor was an apartment and I was on the top floor. I placed my suitcase into the master bedroom before roaming back to the main room of the apartment. I opened the curtains to let the sunlight fill the room before rummaging through my purse for my car keys.

A matter of minutes later I was sitting in my car with the engine running. It was about time I showed my face at school after all I was running quite late but surprisingly fashionably on time. It took 10 minutes to arrive on the campus. I stepped out my car and entered the entrance building. There I saw another girl and the check in desk. I sauntered over to the desk and placed my sunglasses on top of my head. "Hello my name is Raven Oceane Cross and I'm a freshman starting today." I stated clearly to the woman at the desk, she welcomed me to the university. I then turned to the other woman and held out my hand with a smile. "Hello it's nice to meet you my name is Raven. What's yours?" I asked cheerfully I was happy to meet someone who probably didn't know about me or my background for I changed my last name from Stone to Cross. I wasn't using my fathers name nor my mothers but instead my maternal grandmothers name.

Online: (x)

Offline: ( )

Falling asleep: ( )

Busy/Super Slow: (x)

-Limited access to phone service due to being on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake walked across campus, music blasting loudly from his headphones. He shoved his hands deep into his pockets as he walked, distancing himself from all the others as much as he could; he was a freshman.

Freshmeat; not that anyone would dare to approach him, let alone touch him.

He glared at those who looked at him, watching them shift their gaze as they became intimidated by him; he smirked to himself.

Brilliant.

He was an interesting topic, a popular one at that too; not that anyone would achieve any sort of answer from him anytime soon; they didn't need to know anything, and the less people know the better.

Siobhan smiled back at the apparently friendly other woman and warmly shook her hand. "Siobhan Grayson. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Are you excited about this school?" she asked trying to keep the conversation casual. She walked towards a nearby refreshment table and picked up a mug of coffee.

A friendly face is always a good thing to see. Especially when you are nervous and don't know anybody. Siobhan had always had a small circle of friends almost hand-picked by her parents. It was the first time she had been away from her little socialite group, and little did the somewhat naive girl realize that a lot would change for her just by being away from her parents.

She couldn't help but look around at the students and wonder which of them would soon be her classmates.

More people began to arrive, the campus began to become flooded with new, unfamiliar smiling faces.

It was disgusting.

Jake remained where he was sat, laying down on the bench, looking up into the clear blue sky, feeling the warmth from the breeze touch his face softly.

His mind began to wonder. Soon, he would be forced back into a classroom, full of people he didn't know, who he'd most likely hate.

His music blared louder; Suicide Silence screaming in his ears, loud enough to be heard an ear shot away, causing a few feared faces to glance at him, before scurrying quickly past. Jake smirked.

Brilliant.

I smiled at Siobhan and replied, "Why yes I am excited about attending this school. I'm majoring in art and design or to be more precise fashion design. What are you majoring in? And where are you from? Oh and are you ecstatic about starting to attend university here as well?" I questioned as I followed her over to the refreshment table. I picked up a plastic cup and filled it with water. I sip on my water and smile. "Also Siobhan do you mind if I call you Sio?" I asked already coming up with a nickname for her.

I could already see that it was a wise choice to decide to attend this school. There were new faces everywhere and there were new sites to see. I looked around the building to observe my new surroundings. California was different from New York but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle adjusting to.

Siobhan laughed at all of the questions shot at her by Raven and tried to remember them all when she answered.

"I'm majoring in business administration. I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am ecstatic but also nervous about being here. I'm not really used to going to new places and meeting new people. And I guess you can call me Sio. I don't have any objections to it in any case. What made you decide to major in fashion design?"

Siobhan had always worn the latest fashions, but she had never thought of actually creating her own. Shopping for clothes was a pastime and a hobby for her and her friends back home.

"Oh, and where are you from?" she added.

Jasmine was excited for school to start up again. She had finally gotten through her first year and was ready for her second year. While driving into the Parking Lot with her 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, a Sports Car that was a graduation gift to her from her late Mother while she was in Japan, Jasmine was thinking about how her Sophomore year was going to be fantastic as her previous year. Because Whitehall University was a prestigious place, or at least in her eyes, she never slacked once, always studied and did her homework. After all, she didn't want to be a bad egg and go around doing bad stuff because it might ruin her chances of getting into Police Academy. "Oh, its great to be back." she smiled as she stepped out of her car. She then walked into the Courtyard. Although she was happy that the school year started, she was still mourning her Mother's death, who had died in a Car Accident over the summer. Without her Mother around, it was going to be a tough school year, because deep down in her heart, she'd give anything to have her Mommy back. She hasn't seen her Father in four years and was living on her own. Why she hasn't seen her Father was because her parents divorced whens she was still in Junior High School and her Father remarried. She wasn't very fond of her Stepmother either. Not wanting anything to impair her first day, Jasmine tried to clear her mind as she grabbed her Book Bag and closed the Car Door.

Opening his eyes, his attention turned to the girl grabbing her Book Bag from her car, closing her car door.

Nice car. He sneered to himself raising an eyebrow.

He lowered his head back down, closing his eyes once again.

"Yeah Mom, I just got here," Theo spoke into his phone. It was currently wedged between his ear and shoulder as he unloaded the back of his pickup truck. "Yup, I've checked in, met all of my old friends and all that good stuff." Theo paused to listen to his mother's worries, smiling slightly. "Yes ma'am. I'll make sure to come home for the holidays, as I always have."

"Well, alright," she said on the other side. "But this time, I want to see a girl with you! One that Papa and I would both love."

Theo sighed, placing his luggage down and reaching up to run a hand through his hair. "Right, I gotta run Ma. Love you, I'll talk to you soon."

She said her goodbyes before Theo ended the call and put his phone back into his pocket. He locked up his truck and started to make his way up to his dorm, greeting familiar faces and slapping hands with friends. Whitehall had proved to be an amazing experience while he was there, and he looked forward to Junior year. He hoped it wouldn't disappoint.

"Well I really love sketching and I like being somewhere within the fashion industry, and I'm from Manhattan,New York!" I smiled as I spoke, "Also Sio there's no need to worry about anything! Just relax, you'll see that new places and people mean great new experiences!" I cheered to assure Sio that there was no need to be nervous.

"And in addition as to why I chose fashion is because I have a secret motive. I have two people that I absolutely must surpass with my own will and power." I felt confident that I will easily surpass both my mother and father in this evil world of money and fame. I know I'll win this game even if it's the last thing I do and I will crush them until their nothing but dust blowing through the wind. "Why did you decide on business?" I asked.

Busy/Super Slow: ( )

"Following in the family business," she said with a smile at her own somewhat lame joke. "My parents are both business fanatics who excel at what they do. I'm following in their footsteps," she added proudly. She did not necessarily like the cut-throat business world of her parents that she rarely got a glimpse of, but she did want to make her parents proud. "And thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully I'll catch your spirit soon."

She vaguely wondered about the two people that were behind Raven's motivation to surpass them. However, she wasn't one to pry too much especially at the first meeting. Raven was friendly, but that didn't mean she wanted to tell all of her secrets.

"That's great! And I know that you'll make plenty of new friends soon! And not only that but your one step closer to making more new friends!" I smiled and continued, "Because I'm your first one!" I was glad that I met such a person who's just as friendly as me. I'm use to seeing people spitting at each other and constant bickering, with the exception of some fellow New Yorkers who didn't come off with a arrogant nor ignorant aura. It was nice to see that not everyone is like that.

"Now come on Sio let's go explore the campus together!" I exclaimed already beginning to drag her along with me. "And along the way let's make some more new friends!"

After closing her car door and locking it up, Jasmine slung her book bag and purse over her shoulders and got walking into the School Campus. While walking into campus, her phone started ringing. When she pulled it out of her purse to see who it was, she ended up seeing her Dad. She became hesitant to answer, so instead she pressed the 'message' button and sent one of her 'Auto Messages' rather then putting her Father through her voice mail. 'If I am not answering the phone, that means I am either in the bathroom, spending time with friends and family or I have a lot on my mind.' Either way, she ended up receiving a voice mail. To get it off her chest, she decided to listen to it now. 'Jasmine, its Daddy. I miss you a lot. I know its been very hard for you since your Mom died but you can stay with me and your stepmother until you get up on your feet. Please call back soon, love you, bye.' After listening to the voice mail, she got even more upset and her smiled had completely faded. Her face seemed completely flushed when she walked into campus. "Oh Mom, I'd give anything for you to be here with me right now..." she said in a sad tone of voice before putting her phone away and walking towards the dining hall.

Raven dragged her away from the refreshment table, and Siobhan laughed slightly. "Hey, wait a second. At least let me throw away this cup!" she said while trying to not spill it on anybody. A new friend already. Look at that. She couldn't help but feel pleased with herself. The semester hadn't even officially started, and she was already making progress with friends. It looked like she was going to have a great year at the school despite her initial nervousness.

An assembly would not commence until later in the early evening. The students had plenty of time to explore campus and socialize before any official duties presented themselves. Siobhan was happy about that. The pictures from the initial brochure had been gorgeous, and she already loved the beautiful weather with its constant sunshine.

Jake sat up on the bench, stretching. It was a miracle through anyone's eyes that he was enrolled into this university.

It didn't feel that way for him.

His family was left behind in London, he got a scholarship for his English literature; to which he really had a talent for though he wouldn't admit it.

His mother had leukaemia, currently in hospital being guarded by both his Dad and Little brother; he was their rock, would they all be okay?

It wasn't his decision to come here, but it brought so much happiness to his mothers face, giving it some colour for the first time in years.

"Don't give up on your dreams baby boy, we both know you love to write. Go on, live for the both of us, don't be afraid, the distance means nothing; I'll be right there with you."

With that in mind, he promised her that day he wouldn't let her down... He couldn't let her down, even though that included living in America.

Alone.

When his heart screamed for home.

"But we have to hurry! So that we can meet more new people! The sooner we go outside the more people and scenery we'll see!" I smiled still dragging Sio along. I took the cup from her hand and tossed it in the trash in by the exit of the building. We emerged into a large campus that was more than I could've ever expected.

I could already feel the excitement of finally beginning my life filling my body and soul. There were people everywhere talking and roaming around the campus. "Come on I see someone who might need some friends!" She said as she pointed to a boy on a bench who was all alone.

Jake turned his head to see 2 girls stood together in the distance, one of which was pointing at him.

Great, should I prepare for the torment now or later?

He sighed, laying back down on the bench, the feeling of emptiness in his stomach growing bigger.

Raven had a good point. They couldn't meet anybody new hanging out at the refreshment table. She allowed herself to be dragged outside and looked towards the bench where the other student was laying down alone. He did seem to need some company. Siobhan wondered naively if he was as nervous as she was to be in a new place and possibly a new state altogether.

"Hello!" she yelled loudly to the dark haired young man and waving at him not even realizing that he had earbuds in his ears. "What's your name?"

Jake opened his eyes and was startled; seeing two girls hovering over him. Slowly he pulled out his earphones and looked at them with lifeless eyes.

His first encounter with American Girls.

"Sorry." His accent strongly British, "What did you say, I couldn't hear you."

Theo had only just finished settling in when his dorm room door burst open.

"Theo! My brother, its good to know you finally got here!"

Theo shook his head and smiled at his best friend. "AJ, you haven't changed."

AJ clapped Theo on the back. "Naw, you can't just assume that after a whole summer's gone by. We gotta catch up man, how ya been?"

Theo shrugged. "I'm good, kinda hungry I guess."

"Me too," AJ replied. "We can talk at the dining hall. I've got some stories to tell you, bro. Oh, and you should definitely checkout some of the freshies we have this year. Total babes!"

Theo shook his head again, leaving the room along with AJ. "The first day is always the worst, AJ. The last thing those girls probably want is a guy hitting on them."

"You really have no idea how the female mind works, do ya T?"

He laughed. "Not a clue."

I was quite proud of my new friend. She ditched her shell behind and dove head first into the world. I followed her lead and smiled at the boy, "Hey!" I exclaimed.

I began to throw numerous questions at the boy, "Are you new here too? Where are you from? What's your major?" I interrogated him before realizing that Sio and I still haven't introduced ourselves, "I'm Raven, and this is.." I urged Sio to proceed on with introducing herself.

Jake stared at the two girls, his eyes growing wider.

They spoke so fast, so many damn questions that he couldn't understand.

He spoke slowly and carefully, his voice quiet, sitting up; never taking his eyes from these two girls.

"...Nice to meet you Raven... The name's Jake."

"Oh," she said realizing what Raven wanted her to do after listening to their conversation, "I'm Siobhan Grayson. Raven calls me Sio, so if you want you can too."

She smiled at him trying to seem as friendly as possible. Something was a bit strange about the boy, but she couldn't quite understand it. As he talked again though, she realized that he was British.

"You're British!" she said in mixed astonishment and excitement. "How do you like America so far?"

He smiled weakly. "Nice to meet you too Sio."

He chuckled quietly under his breath. "Yeah, yeah I'm British. I've been in America for about... 2 hours now..." His smile remained weak. "But yeah... It seems cool."

"Where are you two from then?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back