• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Whitehall University

"We are here for four years. But why not start now to figure this place out? Let's start there," she said as she pointed to a random building to the right. "The campus isn't huge so we shouldn't take long to finish exploring everything." Her two new friends were wonderful, and she couldn't wait to get used to the campus that she would spend the next chunk of her life at.

Jake continued to giggle quietly, still covering his mouth shyly.

"So which direction should we go first?"

"Yes! And here our escapade begins!" I exclaimed, I was full of joy and I was thrilled that I already made two friends. This was going to be the best 4years of my life! "Let's race! The last one over to that building has to give everyone else who is involved in the race a quarter!" I declared while pointing to the same building Sio suggested. I was wearing heels but I didn't care. I removed my heels from my feet and stated, "Ready, Set, Go!" And with that I took off running through the grass towards the building with a smile on my face.

Online: (x)

Offline: ( )

Falling asleep: ( )

Busy/Super Slow: (x)

-Limited access to phone service due to being on the road.

Heather examined the bracelet again, and as she looked up, caught a little bit of sadness in the girl's eyes. Her mother must have passed away. Poor girl. Heather thought. She would have jumped right in, and said, "I'm so sorry", a million times, but two cute guys walked up to their table and seemed eager to sit with them. "I can't see why not." Heather shrugged. "What do you think? She gave the girl a sideways glance and a warm small smile.​

Siobhan had to kick off her heels quickly as well and then ran after Raven. "Cheater!" she yelled laughing. "You didn't give me time to take off my heels!" Then she remembered that she had forgotten her heels where she had left them. With a light curse, she ran back to pick them up, already sure that she would be the last one to the building. She wondered if she even had two quarters on her at the time, as she typically used cards instead of cash.

Jake raced after the pair of them, feeling the fresh American breeze tapping his face he ran faster; he easily outran the two girls, it was obvious he would, but he couldn't win in all good conscience.

Just as he arrived at Raven's heels, he slowed down slightly, letting her gain distance between the two of them.

In that moment it seemed like it was truly possible to outrun all of his problems, his grief, his anxiety, his depression, his thoughts, his self destructive thoughts. He felt, lifted.

He felt happy.

As he ran, he smiled,

He truly smiled, dimples marking his cheeks; for the first time in 6 years.

I laughed as I ran and yelled out to Sio, "Hey you saw me removing my heels right!" I looked back at her and Jake only to see dimples on Jakes cheeks. "Jake your smiling! I'm glad your in a better mood now!" I shouted a bit out of breath from running. I arrived first at the goal and waited for Jake and Sio to catch up. I rummaged through my purse and pulled out my wallet. "For being such good sports I'll be the one to pay up. I'm giving each of you 10 bucks!" I said handing each of them a 10 dollar bill that was crisp and seemed as if it were ironed.

Busy/Super Slow: ( )

She was last, but she didn't care. It was the first time in a while she had ran without thinking about how it would look. Her friends back home had stopped racing each other in middle school. But Jake and Raven didn't care. For once, she did not necessarily have to hold up to the Grayson standard. And somehow she ended up with a random ten dollar bill from Raven's wallet. She laughed quietly and put the ten dollars in her purse. "You know, that may have been the first money I had ever earned. And I earned it by losing a footrace!" She laughed louder and put on her heels.

Jake stopped at the building, not even out of breath; he looked around, his eyes widened with curiosity.

I never realised how diverse American culture truly is... It's...Incredible.

Suddenly concious of his smile, he instantly covered his mouth with his hand, to which was hidden in the sleeve of his jacket; this technique also hid his dimples; he's always hated them.

He shook his head. "N-No, it's your money." He gently placed the money in the palm of her hand, before holding her fingers as softly as a human could possibly do, slowly curling her fingers, closing her hand into a gentle fist to secure the money.

"Keep it."

I shook my head and said, "Jake don't hide your smile! It's awesome! Your smile is beautiful along with your dimples! Everyone's smile is absolutely miraculously ravishing!" I stated with a grin, "Also keep the money if you don't take it now then I'll find a way to put it in your pocket later so remember that!" I said before looking at Sio and giggling at her comment, "Well a foot face most definitely the best way to receive both exercise and money in this case. And not only that but it lifted all of our spirits am I right?"

"You know, I might hang that bill on the wall." She nudged Jake slightly. "Come on, you should do the same. A trophy from our first day at Whitehall. And she's right, you know. Your smile is adorable." She opened the door of the building and looked back at them. "Well are you all coming in?"

Jake's cheeks flushed a dark pink, smiling shyly towards the ground, covering his face with his hands; still hidden in his sleeves. His voice muffled.

"T-Thank you... No one's s-aid that b-before..."

Did she really mean it? N-No, they were talking about Jake.. She couldn't have possibly meant it.

Voice still muffled and quiet due to his covered face, "Have f-fun sliding your money in my po-pockets love, I think you underestimate the skinny-ness of these jeans."

His stutter was starting to fade.

It hasn't been this mild in years...

What's happening to him?

"I'm glad I gave you a trophy today Sio!"I giggled at Jakes skinny jeans comment and said, "Now then Mr. Skinny Jeans I am not underestimating the power of your jeans but I'm confident in my ability!" I stated playfully before pulling his arm down from his mouth, "And see I'm not the only one who enjoys seeing your smile! So reveal your brilliant smile to the world and remember, Don't ever doubt yourself." I commented with my heels still in my other hand. I turned to face Sio and said, "Yes! I'm most definitely coming! And so is he!" I exclaimed as I took Jakes arm and dragged him inside while plotting how I will get Jake to take the money.

Jake giggled showing his smile as Raven dragged him in, his eyes widened at his new surroundings; letting out a small gasp as his eyes did so.

This place... It's beautiful.

He continued to look around, unable to hide his sense of wonder; the buildings were nothing like this back in the UK, it was a huge adjustment, but an incredible one to experience at that.

"
So...What is this place?"

She entered the building and smiled. The foyer was gorgeous, with plenty of light streaming in from the large windows. Modified Greek architecture was in abundance. A few antique couches were against the walls for students to sit down and wait for their classes. At Jake's question, she walked to the plaque on one of the walls and read out-loud, "Higgins Hall. School of the Sciences. Looks like none of us will be here often but it's so pretty."

Jake walked around the room, completely amazed by it all. His eyes shifted and wandered around the room; taking in everything, not missing a single detail. "So, are rooms like this, considered normal here?"

He looked up, gasping; jumping, pointing towards the ceiling; the chains from his belt loop rattling. "Look! There's even a pattern on the ceiling! A pattern on the ceiling!"

I stood there in astonishment it was a beautiful building. I walked over to the couch and brushed my hand lightly along the material of one of the couches. "...Velvet material..." I whispered as I thought of a new outfit that the color and material of the couch would suit. I fished through my purse and searched for a pen and one of my smaller sketch books. I opened the book to a blank page and created a sketch of a dress (http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/85/1f/f8/851ff8e56a8b5c4bdba875e44cfe51e1.jpg). Once she heard the sound of chains rattling she added a chained necklace into the design before closing the book once more and following Jake into where he saw the patterns upon the ceiling. It was amazing as to how such a small campus could attract so many people and also have such a unique architecture to it.

He continued to stare at the pattern on the ceiling, completely mesmerised by it.

He lowed his arm back down to his side, his hand brushing Raven's accidentally as he did so. His cheeks tinted slightly pink, his gaze shifted to the floor. "S-Sorry about t-that."

"How many more buildings on campus is there?"

Curious, she watched as Raven began drawing, but she couldn't see much before she had closed the notebook. "Wait, can I see that?" she asked Raven. This type of room was fairly normal for her; her high school hadn't been much different. "Welcome to the elite," she added in a vague voice to Jake. "Only the best is allowed. And umm... let's see, two dorms, three class buildings, the student union, and the library. So three more we want to look at? Or do we want to see each others dorms?"

"The library sounds incredible, but I'll wait until I have spare time to go there, 'cause I won't come back out!" He giggled quietly to himself, adjusting his beanie. "Should we see each other's dorms before it gets dark?"

"It's ok!" I replied Jake as I saw him begining to stare at the floor, "It's nothing to be so uptight about ok!" I smiled before handing Sio my sketchbook and saying, "Sure! Here's my sketchbook." I smiled and then replied to Sio and Jakes suggestions by saying, "Sure! It seems interesting. Plus I probably won't get another chance to check out the dorms unless there's a party since I'm staying off campus." I smiled before finally slipping back on my heels and saying, "Let's hurry and go so that we'll have time to grab something to eat before the orientation!"

Vampirelovee said:
Heather examined the bracelet again, and as she looked up, caught a little bit of sadness in the girl's eyes. Her mother must have passed away. Poor girl. Heather thought. She would have jumped right in, and said, "I'm so sorry", a million times, but two cute guys walked up to their table and seemed eager to sit with them. "I can't see why not." Heather shrugged. "What do you think? She gave the girl a sideways glance and a warm small smile.

When Jasmine looked over and saw the two boys, she didn't have any reaction to it. She was really down in the dumps. Whatever her intuition was telling her, Heather was right. Although she did admit the boys WERE cute, she lost interest, even in boys. "I don't really care." Her tone of voice still retained its sadness. Normally, whenever she is unhappy, she only pouts for a day or two and then gets on with her life. However, since her Mother passed away, who knew how long she'd be sad for, let alone she's already in the early stages of depression.

He grinned lightly, sweeping his bangs from his eyes as he lifted his head.

"What's this 'orientation' thing you mentioned?"

"Oh, true, you wouldn't know. Opening announcements for freshmen are later tonight. They'll tell us about the basic things we need to know about the university, and we'll get our schedules then," she said absently as she flipped through Raven's notebook. She then looked up at her. "These are really good. Have you had some kind of training already?" She was somewhat envious of her new friend's talent. She could never produce something creative and fashionable.

AJ noticed the other girl's mood and bristled, careful not to say anything that might offend her. His eyes flickered over to Theo as he sat down at the table. Theo plus emotional girl equals hella awkward situations, he thought. I'm gonna have to be really careful about this one. He cleared his throat and gestured for Theo to take a seat.

"Thanks," AJ began, glancing at the slouched posture of girl number 2. "So, I'm AJ, and this is Theo. We're Juniors here. We know most of the student population, but can't say the two of you look familiar. My friend wanted to say hi."

He subtly jabbed Theo's side and Theo cringed. AJ rose his eyebrows, as if saying 'SPEAK,' so Theo took it as his cue to say something.

"Oh, um." You have one job, idiot. Just ask for their names! "You guys have names?" Wow. Wooooow. A twenty-year-old can't even ask for names properly. Of course they have names! He heard AJ snort softly to his left, hidden in a fake cough. Theo swallowed nervously, then offered a toothless smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back