• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Whitehall University

I smiled and replied, "I'm from Manhattan, New York! And I'm glad that your enjoying America so far! " I looked up at Sio to give her a chance to answer the Brit as well.

It was nice to see Sio excited just as excited as I was about meeting someone new and from a different country at that. I think that if Sio is able to say hello to everyone in sight and properly introduce herself then I think she'll be the perfect business woman.

Online: (x)

Offline: ( )

Falling asleep: ( )

Busy/Super Slow: (x)

-Limited access to phone service due to being on the road.

"That must have been amazing... To grow up there."

He studied Raven's face, all he could see was her bright, perfect smile.

No sign of discomfort... No sign of sadness...

"What major are you..." He looked down, shyness starting to take over, "You know... Taking?"

"I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania," she added with a smile. "So we both know how it feels like to be a bit displaced. I'm sure there's more of us here somewhere. Not everybody can be from Brooksdale, California. The town is way too small."

Meeting someone from a different country was a new experience for Siobhan. Her parents had gone on countless trips abroad, but both of them had been too busy to add their daughter to their itinerary. So, Jake was an oddity for her. He was a puzzle as well, which was always interesting.

And she was falling behind on the conversation as she was thinking too much.

"I'm a business administration major, by the way," she added somewhat embarrassed that she was taking a while to respond to things.

AJ plopped down next to Theo, placing his tray on the table in front of them. "So I've talked about enough. How's Casa de Guillaume? Or more importantly, little Miss G?"

Theo punched his friend's arm. "That's my sister you're talking about."

He grinned. "I'm joking, T."

"Life's good, I guess," Theo started. "Ma wants me to find a girl. That's old news though."

"Ah, the parentals are starting to get old... Wanting to see grandchildren in the future."

Theo quickly rubbed his face, groaning. "I don't know, man. I'm too young for this stuff."

"That's okay, we'll find you someone," AJ waved a hand. "I'm sure we'll meet a new girl sometime today, hopefully one who doesn't know anything about your lack of social ability."

Theo pursed his lips. "Wow. That's encouraging."

"Nah, come on. You can only get better if you actually try talking to girls--here, we'll invite someone over to sit with us."

Theo scratched his chin. "Aight, if you say so."

Heather pulled into the driveway of the school, her lips glossed with peach scented lip gloss and Banana Republic shades over her eyes. She stepped out of her white topless porsche, and gazed around at the school. "Ahhh." Heather sighed, taking her shades off and blinking at the sudden harsh sunshine. "University." She slammed the door of her car shut, and began unload her things from the trunk. Of course, Heather's feelings were a mixture of anxiousness, excitement, and curiosity. Everyone knew this was going to be nothing like high school. Everything was different. The way you were treated, the way things looked, rules, even the college guys were way more mature than high school boys.

Today, Heather had tried her best to dress to impress. It was the first day, after all. She'd let her stick straight silky brown hair down over her shoulder, worn light wash skinny jeans with holes in the knees, and a white lace short sleeve top. She looked kind of like she'd just walked out of an Ambercrombie catalog. With things in hand, she began to walk to the main doors of the school, giving, and receiving a few glances from other students.​

When she got into the Dining Hall, Jasmine sat down at an empty table. She was supposed to be excited for the new year. Fresh start, new classes, new professors, pretty much everything. After setting down her book bag and putting her purse next to her, she started playing the Mother-Daughter Bracelet that she got in High School. Because she was in the early stages of depression, Jasmine seemed to suffering from Social Withdrawals, which is new because she is normally very energetic and outgoing, even for a girl studying Criminal Justice. Guess she just really missed her Mom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake nodded slowly at Sio's comment.

She was right; he was homesick, they could sympathise with him, pretty much anyone could... But symoustaneously...They had no idea... He felt like he was cracking like fine porcelain, he was internally destroyed... They had no idea... No idea.

Ah...Business; sounds like she's got her head screwed on properly.

"Business sounds like a safe choice... what made you choose it?" He played with his fingers, swallowing the ball of anxiety raising in his throat.

When she'd settled all her stuff, Heather grabbed her small white leather purse and headed to the dining hall, hoping to grab a salad and a diet Snapple. She'd shown absolutely no self control at Johny Rocket's last night, even if it was a family celebration dinner. That was enough french fries for a whole month.

Heather looked around. In a way, it reminded her of school. Or at least a new school. With new people. And with new people, came new decisions. The decision of who to sit with. After glancing around, Heather spotted a brunette at an empty table, toying with something on her wrist that looked like a handmade bracelet. "Hey," Heather gave her nicest smile, holding a tray with her salad, and instead of Snapple, a blue Gatorade. "Mind if I sit?"​

"I wanted to follow in my parents' footsteps. They are both business fanatics," she replied casually undisturbed by the question that had already been posed by Raven. She had fully relaxed into her mostly competent self by now. The nervousness that had randomly appeared had dissolved in the excitement of meeting new people. "What's your major again?" She knew he hadn't actually said it, but she also knew that Raven's rapid fire interrogation was a bit much if you weren't paying much attention.

"Do you want to walk around?" she asked Jake and Raven. She was still interested in exploring the campus.

I smiled seeing Jake and Sio were getting along but with Jake constantly looking down I couldn't help but ask, "Hey are you alright? I know that this country may be totally different from the Uk but you'll get use to it! Just hold your head up a bit higher and try smiling! When you smile and you try to surround yourself with new people I'm sure that your worries will soon fade away." I smiled before turning to Sio and saying, "Sure I'm up for anything!" I looked back at the timid Brit and asked, "You coming Jake?" I smiled holding out my hand to help him up.

Vampirelovee said:

When she'd settled all her stuff, Heather grabbed her small white leather purse and headed to the dining hall, hoping to grab a salad and a diet Snapple. She'd shown absolutely no self control at Johny Rocket's last night, even if it was a family celebration dinner. That was enough french fries for a whole month.

Heather looked around. In a way, it reminded her of school. Or at least a new school. With new people. And with new people, came new decisions. The decision of who to sit with. After glancing around, Heather spotted a brunette at an empty table, toying with something on her wrist that looked like a handmade bracelet. "Hey," Heather gave her nicest smile, holding a tray with her salad, and instead of Snapple, a blue Gatorade. "Mind if I sit?"​
She looked up to see a girl. "Hmm...Yeah, I don't mind." Even though there was food practically at her fingertips, Jasmine seems to have lost her appetite completely, even though she ate earlier in the morning. She continued to play around with the bracelet.

"Ah." Jake nods in understand. " I see."

"My major... English literature..."

He repressed the immense feeling of grief that washed over him, biting his lip hard keeping his eyes focused on the ground.

This is for you mum, this is all for you.

Jake watched as Raven reached for his hand, he began to shake extremely hard, keeping his arms down by his sides.

"I-I'm not much fun to be ar-around... Yo-you'll have a b-better time wi-thout m-me."

He never looked up, not once, his throat burning from his grief and his extreme anxiety.

Shy, huh?
Heather took a sip of ice cold Gatorade. "What's that?" She asked, even though she knew perfectly well it was a bracelet. Heather examined it as the girl moved it around he wrist. It was beautiful, and for a change it was something not every other girl had. If Heather was going to make friends, she was going to have to be her talkative self, or else it might just make for a really awkward first day.

"What's... wrong?" she asked sitting down next to Jake on the bench concerned. Her initial thought about him was correct. Something was deeply troubling Jake, but she had no idea how to fix it or if she even could. "We can chat, you know. We don't have to do anything else." She looked up at Raven wondering what she thought of Jake's reaction.

"What do you mean we'll have more fun without you? More so wouldn't it be the opposite. If you come along we'll have an even better time together!" I smiled and poked his cheek, "Don't put yourself down Jake. And like Sio said if something's bothering you then we can talk about it with you. Ok."

Vampirelovee said:

Shy, huh? Heather took a sip of ice cold Gatorade. "What's that?" She asked, even though she knew perfectly well it was a bracelet. Heather examined it as the girl moved it around he wrist. It was beautiful, and for a change it was something not every other girl had. If Heather was going to make friends, she was going to have to be her talkative self, or else it might just make for a really awkward first day.

"Its...a Mother-Daughter Bracelet. My Mom gave it to me when I was in High School. It means a lot to me." she replied. Normally she would be very talkative, nice, genuine and social, but her Mother's death was really getting to her. For the first time since her Freshman Year in High School, Jasmine had never felt truly alone, or lonely for that matter. Even though she had a lot of friends, most of them were either in the Military or still in High School, or worse, attending College out of state.

He smiled weakly, his cheeks tinting pink.

Do they seriously have that much confidence in a wreck of a boy they just met?

"I'd ra-ther not talk about it r-right now..."

Jake paused as his voice cracked from emotional pain, he swallowed the burning lump in his throat.

"B-But it w-would be n-ice to see around c-campus... S-So I'll w-walk around w-ith y-you two... I-if that's o-okay."

He looked up at them for the first time, still shaking, he studied their faces with his broken, terrified, eyes.

"Yes, I say so you ingrateful chump," AJ playfully scolded Theo. He stood and snapped his fingers at Theo. "C'mon, get up, let's go find us a couple of gorgeous ladies to talk to."

"You'll end up doing most of the talking," Theo pointed out. Grudgingly, he picked up his tray and slid out of his seat.

"Theo, the first step to impressing women is being confident. If you want to get them interested, you have to show that you're willing to make the effort. You can't be all mopey when you meet them." AJ started to walk around. "At least try to seem like you aren't unsocial."

Theo scoffed. "I'm not! I just.. I'm not some Casanova. Women confuse me."

"Well, then you're lucky to have me as a friend. I'll show you the ropes on having a nice conversation."

Theo huffed out a breath. "I feel like I'm taking a class on social etiquette. From you of all people."

AJ stopped for a moment to turn and look at Theo. "Let's pretend you are. Maybe that way, you'll take my advice seriously." AJ looked around once more, before spotting a couple of girls sitting together at a table. "Look, those two seem approachable. What about you give it a shot, hm?"

Theo could feel the panic bubbling at the pit of his stomach. "Uh, okay. What am I supposed to say?"

"Um, 'hello'?" AJ said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which, in this case, it was. "Bruh, we got our work cut out for us."

AJ went in first, stopping in front of the two ladies' table and flashing his signature grin. "Hello, ladies. Sorry to interrupt. I was just wondering if my friend and I could sit here?" He jerked a thumb back to Theo, who had a small concentrated look on his face. When he realized AJ was pointing at him, he straightened himself up and offered a polite smile. "Hi."

"Of course it's ok!" Siobhan said briskly standing up and pulling him up with her. "Exercise and some fresh American air will do you good."

She refused to leave somebody who had just had an emotional break down on a bench by himself. Jake obviously needed some new friends, and Siobhan was more than willing to make some of her own.

"Let's go find out which buildings are which. I think I have a map in my purse..." she muttered as she scrounged around in the small bag on her hip.

He was just so adorable! I thought before shouting out,"Yay!" I cheered before looking over at Sio and saying, "Don't worry about the map, it'll take the fun out of our adventure." I explained. "I think it'll be more fun and interesting if we just go where our minds take us!" I suggested as I looked at both Jake and Sio. "Do you both agree?"

Jake dusted off his jeans. (Outfit ) Before looking back up at Raven, smiling softly; voice just as soft. "An adventure s-sounds awesome... B-But... Wh-ere do we go f-first?"

"I think Ms. We-don't-need-a-map should lead us," Siobhan suggested with a grin when she stopped digging in the purse. "We already know what the Student Union looks like, so at least we know where not to go for new adventures."

He rubbed the back of his neck, shyly embarrassed. "Actually... I d-don't know wh-what the rest of campus looks like... I-I've only b-been here and m-my dorm room..."

He looks at the both of them, biting his lip as he adjusts his beanie.

"Jake that is the point of this adventure to explore the place we'll be beginning our lives!"I explained before sticking out my tongue at Sio and replying, "Hey now my name is not that long! And yes that is correct Madame Business!" I stated playfully before continuing my frolicsome speech, "So therefore my fellow companions let us blindly walk into any building we desire to explore. And once we finish exploring one building we will randomly decide on the next!" I grinned back at Sio and Jake and declared, "Now onward into our Journey we go!"

Jake giggled quietly, covering his mouth shyly as he did; cheeks blushing a light shade of pink.

He admired Raven for her childlike sense of adventure and curiosity, her optimism.

He was going to like it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back