• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Whitehall University

Jake walked through the library doors, finding it after following the clear instructions of the map of the campus.

He was speechless.

It was so pristine, so beautiful, so perfect.

He walked around, touching

the shelves lightly with the tip of his finger as he walked.

He reached up for his favourite book that he saw sitting on a higher shelf, opposite a girl who's face was hidden, her lap top on her lap.

AJ shifted in his chair. Although he was glad for his friend, he couldn't help but feel a bit bored. Since Jasmine left, he felt more of a third wheel, and the thought made him uncomfortable.

He cleared his throat. "I'll let T explain that to you Heather. I gotta go help some Freshies find the auditorium for the Assembly; I'll catch up with the both of you later."

Theo looked up as AJ stood, the panic clearly in his eyes. The conversation had gone more or less smoothly so far, but he was bound to mess it up sooner or later. AJ gave Theo a look, and Theo swallowed before giving his friend a nod. "Right, see ya later AJ."

AJ grinned at Heather and Theo. He shifted out of his chair and started to leave, but he turned back to point a finger at Theo. "Oh and Heather, T here makes the best tour guide on campus. Have him take you out after the assembly, aight?"

AJ spun back around, but in his haste, whacked someone smack in the shoulder. His eyes widened, and he began to apologize profusely. "Oh shit, sorry! I wasn't paying attention...." He trailed off when he realized who he was talking to. She was a cute blonde, one he hadn't seen around before.

His shoulders relaxed and he stuck a hand out. "Hi," he breathed out with that disarming smile of his. "I'm AJ. Who might you be?"

~~~

Theo pursed his lips in embarrassment, his cheeks turning a slight pink. Damn it AJ, really? "Ignore him. He lives to humiliate me in front of cute girls. Not that I don't do enough of that myself." Theo winced. "And now I'm talking too much." He chuckled, wiping the palms of his hands on his jeans.

"So you're new. Whitehall Uni's a great place to be. The food's pretty good, if you're wondering, but I'd avoid Taco Tuesdays. It isn't as delicious as it sounds... We usually go out for dinner those days. When you find your niche, you could to." An idea popped into Theo's head. "Or if you want, you could go with us."

He shrugged, scratching the back of his head. Hopefully, he didn't sound as nervous as he thought. He was surprised he'd made it so far, honestly. But maybe her positive responses encouraged him, or maybe there was just something about the way her eyes twinkled when she talked. He shook his head, thoroughly confused by himself. "Anyways, how are you liking Whitehall so far? How's it feel to be a Freshman?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie cursed as the Coke in her hand exploded and soaked the cuff of her jacket. She frowned at the darkened cuff and sighed. "It wasn't your fault. I wasn't paying attention and-" Her voice cut off as she looked up at who she bumped into. Her eyebrows drew together in confusion as she noticed one of the boys from earlier. She looked back over her shoulder at the table where the three, now two, were sitting. She shook her head before looking back at the dark haired boy. "I'm sorry. Really, it was my fault." Charlie attempted to brush the bangs back from her face, but only too late realized that she was doing it with the hand that the sleeve was coated in Coke. "Oh, ew!" She exclaimed, wiping off the sticky pop from her head with her dry sleeve. 'Smooth Charlie, smooth.' She thought bitterly. Charlie smiled up at the boy sheepishly and blushed slightly. " Nice to meet you Aj. My name's Charlie. Are you new here too?"

AJ chuckled softly at the girl's antics. She seemed like a clumsy one, but he found it endearing. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Charlie." He looked at her stained sleeve and frowned a little. "To answer your question, no, I'm not new. I've been around long enough to know that this cafeteria is usually full of people, and that I should be more careful. But apparently, I forgot today, and you were the unfortunate victim." He noticed what a mess he'd made, and immediately felt sorry. "You know what, lemme buy you another Coke." He jerked a thumb over to the vending machine. "And I'll pay for dry cleaning. Consider it the Whitehall Welcome fruit basket, from me. It's the least I can do." He started to walk over, pulling some change out of his pocket.

She strolled down the forest like path only to find herself reach a dead end. She pouted and headed back to the library to get her heels and to see if maybe Jasmine had seen him this time. She walked back to the library and instantly spotted Jake. She pulled out her phone in a instant and sent a text to Sio tell her that Jake has been found and that he's in the library. Rave ran over to Jake and apologized , "Jake I'm sorry for making you upset earlier!"

Jake jumped as he heard Raven shout from behind him, he turned around his eyes widened with shock. He dropped the book he was holding, pressing himself back against the wall. He studied Raven's face, his cheeks turning pink almost immediately.

"Don't worry about it, c-can we just forget about it all... Please?"

After practically walking around in circles, Jasmine just went to her Dorm Room. Unlike most, she didn't really have to worry about a roommate because she got her hands on one of the 'Single' Dorms. Having moved back in a few weeks prior, her Room was fully decorated and organized. She set her Backpack and Purse on her desk and plopped herself onto her bed. She sighed as she just stared at the ceiling.

excellent-trendy-ikea-college-dorm-room-with-single-sized-bed-and-black-white-floral-pattern-bedspread-also-red-blanket-along-with-sandals-on-round-rugs-and-reading-lamp-also-bookshelf.jpg

Raven smiled and nodded, "Ok! But before I do promise me that if anythings bothering you'll at least try to make an attempt to talk about it or if you can't really talk about it you can write about it or express it through art. You can't keep everything inside of you because that will one day turn into more stress than you can handle and that stress will bring a toll onto your body. So try to find a way to relieve yourself of that stress. Can you promise me that?" She asked before holding out her pinky with a cheery smile.

Charlie frowned and followed Aj in the direction of the vending machines. "That's really not necessary. I mean, the Coke was practically gone anyways and I'm sure this will wash right out." She said holding up her sleeve. Charlie reached out a hand and touched his arm gently. "Really, it's okay. Besides, like I said earlier, it was my fault. I was being stupid and not watching where I was going. You can't be blamed for that." She shook her head and smiled slightly.

AJ sighed, stuffing his money back into his pocket at Charlie's insistence. He squinted at her. "Alright, fine. No Coke, no dry cleaning. But at least let me give you a tour of the campus before the Assembly starts. My Ma would lecture me into next week if I let a pretty little lady like yourself find her way around alone. Especially if she's new." He paused, looking around the hall. There were only a few people there besides Theo and Heather, and none of them seemed to take notice of Charlie. He turned back to the girl. "That is to say, I mean, if you haven't already made some friends and I haven't made myself seem like a total idiot."

Raven smiled, "Let's go find Sio! We were looking for you and I texted her to let her know that I found you but she still hasn't answered. Let's look for her this time k!" Rave smiled once more before picking up the book Jake dropped and putting it in his hand, "Also here you dropped your book." She held out her arm for Jake for him to link arms with her and stated, "Come on let's search for Sio!"

=Charlie blushed furiously at the 'pretty little lady' comment and turned her head away in an attempt to hide it. "Yeah, I'd like that. " She said quietly glancing back at Aj. "As of my friends, well, I don't think they would mind." She chuckled lightly. In all honesty, he was the first person she met here at Whitehall, but he didn't need to know that. "Where should we start?"

"Perfect." A slow smile spread across AJ's face at her confirmation. He started walking towards the exit of the cafeteria, tilting his head in a gesture for Charlie to walk with him. He spread his arms out wide. "As you see, this is the dining hall. They serve three meals a day at exceptional prices with food that tastes just as good. However, on occasion, Theo, a few friends, and I head out somewhere else to eat. Next stop: the library." AJ opened the door for Charlie, allowing her to step through before he did. "So Charlie, what're you majoring in? I'd like to know more about the girl with a boy's name," he teased.

Charlie followed him and tried to listen, but would sometimes get distracted by little things like posters, or other students, or just watching a bird fly by one of the windows. She didn't mean to become distracted. She just couldn't help it. However, each time she realized she was turning her attention somewhere else she would force herself to listen to Aj again. It wasn't that he was boring, not at all. Charlie was actually really happy that he was even bothering to give her a tour and so she nodded her head and made small noises of appreciation every once in a while, even when she got distracted.

Charlie's eyes began wandering again, but quickly snapped back to Aj at the mention of 'library'. She couldn't help but feel a small amount of excitement. Books were here life, and she's already read so many that she was really hoping that she'd be able to find some new books to read here at Whitehall. " I'm majoring in Creative Writing. It's kind of like the Literature courses, but more free to write whatever and less of knowing the names of famous Authors, but I'm minoring in photography, too. What about you; what are you majoring in?" Charlie asked with an unconscious tilt of her head, ignoring the boy comment. It was a habit she picked up and happens almost whenever she asks a question or is curious about something. She was guessing it was either Drama or Modeling, but wasn't really sure. You can never really tell with people.

Last edited by a moderator:
AJ continued to walk as they talked. "Wow, that sounds so interesting. Writing and Photography." He scratched the back of his head in thought. Would she laugh when he told her what he was studying? It was unusual after all. He shook the thought off. She didn't seem like the type to laugh at other people's interests, not at all. "Me, I'm actually majoring in history," he pressed his lips together, turning so that he was walking backwards and facing her. "It's funny though, when I say that people usually don't believe me. But I love history. Other people can write, other people can take pictures, or draw them." He shrugged. "I swear, if you ask me a fact about World War II, I can tell you everything you need to know and more. I can talk for hours just on the French Revolution, write a twelve page paper on the Tiananmen Square Massacre..." He laughed, completely oblivious to others opinions on the topic. He just couldn't get enough of learning what happened in the past--what made it to general, high school textbooks and what didn't. "Call me a dork, if you want. I kinda rambled there for a minute, sorry."

He stopped in front of a large brick building, with the words 'Media Center' in big block letters hanging above the entrance. "Anyways, we're here!" AJ led them inside so that Charlie could see everything. "This is the library. It's got books about everything—from the Principles of Law to anything by George Orwell. There are plenty of private study rooms that can be reserved, and even more study desks free for anyone to use near the front. Have any questions yet, Charlie?"

Charlie allowed a small smile to creep across her face. "Interesting." She repeated quietly with a shake of her head. "It's too bad my parent's couldn't have looked at it that way." She chuckled lightly and shrugged. It wasn't as if her parent's made a big deal about her wanting to take a writing and photography course, but they weren't entirely enthusiastic about it either. They always imagined her becoming a Doctor or a Lawyer, which could have worked out had she not been so Charlie. Charlie glanced up at Aj when he said he was majoring in History. It really wasn't the first thing she would have guessed, but it was pretty cool. She smiled as he rambled on about his love for history, and couldn't help but admire the sparkle in his eyes as he spoke. It was obvious that he really did love history. There wasn't a doubt about it. It was almost like when somebody talks about their new born child. "You're not a dork. It's cool that you're so interested in History." She said while following him into the Library.

Her mouth fell open as they walked through the front door. Rows upon rows of oak book cases as high as the ceiling stood tall, each one full of more books than Charlie could imagine. "It's absolutely beautiful!" She gasped bouncing on her feet happily like a child in a candy store. She took off running to a bookshelf only a foot away and ran her finger across the spines. It was obvious which side of the library contained mostly newer books and which side was the classics. She made note to return here soon and take out a hundred books. She'd drag a wagon behind her if she needed to. Charlie pulled away from the first bookshelf and crossed to another. It would be a beautiful area to study or work on homework. It almost made her excited for homework. She definitely wouldn't mind doing it in a place like this. Finally Charlie turned towards Aj. " Only one question: can we stay here forever?" She asked grinning like a crazy person.

AJ was startled as Charlie ran past him, going straight for one of the aisles. He wondered briefly if he should follow her, before deciding ultimately that yes, it was for the best that she didn't get lost there. The library was incredibly big for a small university, after all. He strolled behind her as she admired the books in sight, thinking that beyond the girl who'd been so clumsy when they met, beyond the girl who majored in Writing and Photography, was a kid that loved to read almost as much as he loved history, maybe more. And he found it completely adorable. He laughed softly when she gave him that strange smile and shrugged. "It depends. How do you define forever? Because we've got maybe an hour before I have to get you to the Assembly."

Charlie ran her finger across the spine of a near by book and sighed. 'Maybe an hour.' She thought to herself. She could definitely see herself spending the next hour here. In fact she could picture herself missing the Assembly completely and just stay here all night, or at least until they kick her out. But then Charlie remembered Aj, who was so kind and offered to give her a tour of campus. It would be rude to just ditch out now. Besides, there was still so many places on campus to see and it's not like the Library was going anywhere. She could come back another time. She would come back another time. With a final adoring glance towards the bookshelves she walked back to Aj's side. "Well, there's still a lot to see here. You don't mind showing me the rest of campus?" Charlie asked with a smile.

"Not at all," AJ replied, sweeping an arm out to the exit. "After you. The next stop will be the Literature Center." He led her outside the library and began making his way towards the "I'm pretty sure this is where you'll be taking some of your classes; the Math and Science Centers are close by from there, so I'm hoping you won't have a hard time finding your way around after this tour." He cleared his throat as he made his way up the steps of the Literature Center. "They have a whole building dedicated to this section because one of the donors gave it to the school. The teachers are fantastic—extremely intelligent. Won't find another place in the world where the teachers care more about their students. The building even has a small reference section and concessions. A lot of students end up staying here late to write or whatever, and you'll find that a lot of necessities are covered here. They even have a few private study rooms, made specifically for Writing majors."

After staring at the ceiling for some time, Jasmine just left her dorm room. She left her Backpack, but took her purse. She didn't plan on going to the assembly. Afterwards, she started feeling hungry, so after she had left her dorm room, she began making her way towards the parking lot to her car. 'I have never been this anti-social before...what is wrong with me?' she wondered.

BlackRose said:
Raven smiled, "Let's go find Sio! We were looking for you and I texted her to let her know that I found you but she still hasn't answered. Let's look for her this time k!" Rave smiled once more before picking up the book Jake dropped and putting it in his hand, "Also here you dropped your book." She held out her arm for Jake for him to link arms with her and stated, "Come on let's search for Sio!"
The scenic park had distracted her for a while. She had been walking among the ornamental trees, bushes, and rocks. Even a lake graced a small corner of the park. A few minutes exploring here wouldn't hurt would it? she thought to herself a bit guiltily since she was supposed to be on the lookout for Jake. She thought she had felt her phone vibrate, but she wasn't sure and for some reason did not check it right away. Following the now cobblestone pathway, she had walked around the perimeter of the small park gazing around her like a small child. The park captivated her for some reason. Maybe because she hadn't spent that much time in an area that looked this natural.

Soon though she finished her walk around the park and remembered to check her phone. Her eyes widened at the text and the time, and she hurriedly texted back to Raven: Meet me at the Student Union for the assembly. - Sio

She walked quickly back to the Student Union.

Raven heard her phones alert sound go off so she dove back into her purse and fished around for her phone. She quickly unlocked the screen and responded to Sios text: Okie Dokie! See you there! (^w^)> -Rave.

She dropped her phone back into her purse before turning back to Jake, "Nevermind! Sio said to meet her at the Student Union building." Raven took Jake by the hand and began to lead him out the library, "So lets hurry over!" She said before noticing two other people in the library, "Hi!" She exclaimed waving hello to the other students with a smile on her face.

He sighed, being dragged around was starting to hurt his arm. "Please... Be more gentle Raven." He said, still cautious when it came to human contact.

Rave turned to face him and loosened her grip on his hand. She nodded and apologized, "Ok, and I'm sorry if I hurt you." She smiled softly and said, "Now let's go find Sio. Ok?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back