Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

I started roleplaying at... Facebook. On a pokemon fanspage. We create our trainer OC, catch pokemon and so on. The page owner would hold event every once in a while. It's mostly about battle though. So we'll just make a post asking if someone want a battle, then another person will create a post and become the referee of that battle.

It's kinda cringy now I think about it XD

I still RP on Discord frequently, but Chatzy was my home for a long time. The RP quality was terrible and there were no admins, but we were all 14 so it was just dumb fun. Sometimes I kind of wish I could get into something like that again.

rped on feralfront [formerly warrior cats rpg] for way too long; i mostly stuck around because they had stuff outside of the warriors roleplay, so i was able to roleplay whatever when i grew out of my warriors phase.

before that, i was absolutely obsessed with roleplaying on roblox; specifically warrior cats new lake territory and this one game called vampire roleplay. all my ocs were complete trash, but i love laughing at the dumb stuff i remember, and honestly, i just had a bunch of fun back then. i've come far from my "*eyes glow red* your dead" days.

my first RPs were on these little chats or forums I made myself. then, I switched over to email based rp and haven't turned back

I started on Gaia in the early 2000s and just joined this site. Gaia's currency problem was a drag but I could have cared less about all of that if I could only have found some decent writers on the site who were active enough to RP.

Discord, Tumblr, Iwaku, Animo, Skype, etc. I was actually taught how to Roleplay with the help of a friend on Chatango. I had more accounts on there than I care to remember and I haven't logged on in years. Based on what my brother told me, I think that there's probably a good reason for that.

Gaia online ;//;

I still pop in, but I don't post as much anymore and its getting deader and deader by the minute... :closedeyescryingfrown:

I actually remember my first time being introduced to any type of online RP forums was on a site called "FooPets" LOL. They eventually made it so you had to pay for an account so I stopped using that and hopped over to RoleplayGateway. At the time, that site was POPPING for any type of RPs but since I've been back that site is completely dead. This is the best one I've found.

oh god, the memories. actually, the first i ever roleplayed was with my sister irl. we just made up characters and talk about the situations they are in and how they reacted? it was kinda weird.

but hoo boy, when i discovered gaia online and feralheart, i used to rp on there daily and make ocs that still haunt me to this day.
i also used to be on feralfront since it's wcrpg days! i only left the site maybe a year ago bcs i just. can't get back into rping cat

Quotev and Chatzy.

I still sometimes go on Quotev today, there are some select really great rpers on that site and the format is fantastic.

But yeah, not anymore. Not since their update.

<p>

Lol finally remembered the password to my old chickensmoothie account and was browsing through my newbie stage roleplays ( cringing all the way ) and it got me to thinking. Where did everyone get their start in roleplaying? Did you start on a different site and migrate here or did you begin on RPnation itself? I personally started on gaiaonline and chickensmoothie. Both accounts are currently closed ( well I'm cleaning out chickensmoothie now and you can't really delete accounts on gaia ) But I did enjoy them for a time. Sadly I outgrew both of them eventually and that's how I found myself here.

</p>
I know it sounds crazy but I had a mary sue that i used 24/7 on an app for MCPE skins called Skinseed. My account is Hope_Butterfly_ and if you look carefully, you will see my mary sue named Sofia

Fanfiction.net I RP on sometimes. It's great in that it has tons of forums dedicated to anime, books, cartoons, games, music & tv where people make role playing forums in each category and you can also post fan fiction on there but there are rules. Some authors like Anne Rice I think, don't allow you to post fan fiction of their work and you are expected to adhere to that. Anything MA rated is not allowed. M stuff is normally hidden from view and you have to apply a filter to access that. They do have a problem with outages though and purging stories.

Basically anything that had an RP section, especially forums for adoptables. A lot of the time, I quit the game aspect and just stayed there to RP.

Reading all of these makes me realize how old I am, or maybe how young everyone else is? I digress.
Originally I started on ProBoards with a website I found called Everlot. I found the site thinking it was the game from that one Kim Possible episode? Anyway.
The site still exists but is nothing but a graveyard for 2005 rps. I cringe every time I read any previous posts of mine. From there I created my own proboards site and brought friends over from Everlot.
And of course there were games like Club Penguin, Gaia, and other year 2000 chat sites. From there I kind of took a hiatus until I found this site. It's good to be roleplaying again though.

Was running games on Myth-weavers and IRL games. The local group got scattered and I'm looking to try a new community of players and site features.

habboon hotel (ThenThereWasOne), fresh hotel (Bestioss) and facebook.

ahhhh, habboon hotel. twas a wee lad when i jumped ship to habboon for the first time (in case you don't know, habboon and fresh is like habbo hotel, the pixel style social game, but better, alongside other *insert name* hotel games). it aint as alive as it used to be (same with fresh hotel), and im apart of a roleplay group on facebook, joined before i discovered the domain known as...

RPNATION.

Omegle. I had a long, looooooong list of interests over the five or so years I rped there, and I sometimes go back to see if anyone still rps. Sadly, there's not many people nowadays ;;

Quotev- then the group search got taken away so now I only have a few rp friends there-

But maybe that’s for the best tbhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back