• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic FROSTBITE | Interest Check

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Frostbite thrusts you into a world where the aftermath of a world frozen over & a deadly virus has left humanity on the brink of extinction. The city's inhabitants have sought refuge in the vast underground subway system, avoiding the harsh surface conditions and marauding raiders. As society teeters on the edge of collapse, you must emerge as survivors navigating the labyrinthine tunnels, facing the looming specter of the virus's origins, and grappling with the consequences of a desperate world.

The city's balance is further disrupted as government and militant groups attempt to restore order, unraveling secrets that could determine the city's fate.

Lore: Can be found here!

Setting: A frozen post-apocalyptic world, 10 years after the devastating virus outbreak, with one city standing as a last beacon of survival. Survivors operate within an underground subway system to escape the bitter cold and evade raiders on the surface.

Looking for: 4 or more for the group

Potential Plot Hooks:

• The Cure Conundrum: Uncover information about a potential cure for the virus, igniting a race against time and rival factions.
  • The Subway's Shadows: Explore the underground subway network, unearthing secrets, factions, and hidden dangers lurking in the darkness.
  • Rival Factions: Navigate the power struggles between the subway factions, The Citadel, and the enigmatic Black Manor.

Themes:

• Desperation and Survival: The story delves into the lengths people will go to survive, showcasing the human spirit's resilience against overwhelming odds.
  • Morality in Chaos: Characters will grapple with ethical dilemmas as they make choices to ensure their survival and the well-being of their community.
  • Betrayal and Loyalty: The power struggles among factions highlight the complexities of loyalty and trust in a world driven to extremes.
Frostbite will immerse you in a world where survival is a constant struggle, and the choices you make shape the fate of the city and its inhabitants. As you navigate the world, confront rival factions, and uncover chilling secrets, you must decide who to trust, how far you're willing to go to secure your future, and whether the glimmer of hope is worth the sacrifices demanded by your desperate reality.

4057654279_c64ca423eb_b.jpg

Main
Lore
Characters
OOC

Last edited:
This looks awesome! Been itching for some apocalypse RP and begging for the cold! Count me in!

Interested, with a few questions.

Is the virus somehow the cause of the acute ice age or is it just poor timing for the survivors? Also, will this be supernatural at all or semi-realistic survival (As in, is it a zombielike/similar virus or just the next great plague?)

I've seen a lot of apocalypse RPs but have never come across one where hypothermia is a constant/the main threat. I read up on the Lore, seems like there's a lot of potential.

BELIAL. BELIAL. Awesome, glad I've peaked your interest! I'll be sure to throw up a CS once we get more interest & I flesh out the lore. Feel free to ask any questions or post suggestions.

Hard Boiled Hard Boiled Awesome, happy to answer them. I've been trying to identify that myself to be honest, but I think it's ultimately just poor timing. The world collapses & the virus is just the icing on the cake.

Additionally, there was originally supposed to be supernatural elements, zombies, infected etc. but with I'm still toying with the idea. (What kind of infected are they, are some immune to the cold, are they *all* immune to the cold?) I'd like to know your opinion on the matter though! I think it could add an additional layer to The Surface. For all we know it's just raiders, and a potential cure? 🤔

Belial Belial Awesome, glad I've peaked your interest! I'll be sure to throw up a CS once we get more interest & I flesh out the lore. Feel free to ask any questions or post suggestions.

Hard Boiled Hard Boiled Awesome, happy to answer them. I've been trying to identify that myself to be honest, but I think it's ultimately just poor timing. The world collapses & the virus is just the icing on the cake.

Additionally, there was originally supposed to be supernatural elements, zombies, infected etc. but with I'm still toying with the idea. (What kind of infected are they, are some immune to the cold, are they *all* immune to the cold?) I'd like to know your opinion on the matter though! I think it could add an additional layer to The Surface. For all we know it's just raiders, and a potential cure? 🤔
If you're asking my opinion, I don't really think it needs zombies or anything. I think the main threat that the RP is named after - frostbite - is cool and versatile enough on its own. It's like how in The Walking Dead, after a certain point, the plot isn't really about zombies anymore, but they're in every episode and are still a constant threat that regularly kills people. In this, the cold is the zombies.

As far as any old disease, I think that's great. It could be a resurgence of some ancient disease that thrived during the last ice age and went dormant or something scientific like that if you want, or it could just be an old one. 10 years into the ice apocalypse with no drugs, flu season is probably deadly. Smallpox, etc.

If you're asking my opinion, I don't really think it needs zombies or anything. I think the main threat that the RP is named after - frostbite - is cool and versatile enough on its own. It's like how in The Walking Dead, after a certain point, the plot isn't really about zombies anymore, but they're in every episode and are still a constant threat that regularly kills people. In this, the cold is the zombies.

As far as any old disease, I think that's great. It could be a resurgence of some ancient disease that thrived during the last ice age and went dormant or something scientific like that if you want, or it could just be an old one. 10 years into the ice apocalypse with no drugs, flu season is probably deadly. Smallpox, etc.
I appreciate your feedback!

As of now there will be no implementation of supernatural infected beings under or above the surface. It's an idea that we can revisit if it gets enough push back, but for now I agree that there's already enough roleplay to work with.

The world has frozen over, and there is a deadly illness that's killing everyone. Not to mention, raiders, and potentially the militant government. Continue to share your ideas though & let me know what you think once more lore is implemented shortly.

Sounds like an interesting concept! Gets to scratch that ice age apocalypse itch that hasn't been scratched since playing Frostpunk

The lore link has been updated up top (I accidentally linked the OOC thread) but lore can also be found here!

I've compiled some major locations & tidbits about factions as well as jobs / trades.

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post here.

i am tentatively interested for now, what that means the concept is cool, but i want to read some more to decide whatever i would fit in into the roleplay.

personally even if i dont join i will still read the rp, since it gives me the Dead of Winter vibes and its my favourite boardgame for the past few years.

I mean we could still have additional enemies other than raiders which wouldn't be zombies, Since we didn't discuss what the virus is it could lead to mutations in animals and have rabies-like effects on them. an easy example would be a rat, after all rats do exist in metros, [and turtles but those are ninjas so they don't count] the mutation could make the rats bigger, more aggressive towards any other thing that isn't its kind [with its kind being subjective since would it include healthy rats or only other infected rats].

I mean we could still have additional enemies other than raiders which wouldn't be zombies, Since we didn't discuss what the virus is it could lead to mutations in animals and have rabies-like effects on them. an easy example would be a rat, after all rats do exist in metros, [and turtles but those are ninjas so they don't count] the mutation could make the rats bigger, more aggressive towards any other thing that isn't its kind [with its kind being subjective since would it include healthy rats or only other infected rats].
This could be touched on as the story progresses, characters see what the virus does to not only humans but also the effects it has on other creatures. Im open to the idea.

I did the thinking im in Triangles. albeit actually making the cs will have to wait a bit but it will appear within 3 days, [not including today]

I did the thinking im in Triangles. albeit actually making the cs will have to wait a bit but it will appear within 3 days, [not including today]
Awesome! Sounds good.

That timeline should allow for others to get their characters in as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
With the long weekend coming up, I'm curious if this weekend would be enough time for a few others to get their character sheets in to allow for us to start?

For those that cannot get their character sheets in this weekend, would you be opposed to joining us at a later date, or should we wait until all characters are written up?

This looks similar to metro. The feel of it is rather Metro as well. I will toss a interest chip into the lot. It will take a little time for me to figure out what kind of character I would want for this but... I'll work at it over the next day or two

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back