Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Maaan, good few places. RockmanPM, MangaFox, most of my RP career took place on OneManga. More recently I've been on Valucre but I didn't do much before work took over. Same goes for the handful of Discord RPs I've been on.

Oof, I started Roleplaying on a website called Chatzy, which allows people to make chatrooms for free and the users there adopted it as a roleplay site. It's still up, and it's still active. It was WAY less organized, though.

Oof, I started Roleplaying on a website called Chatzy, which allows people to make chatrooms for free and the users there adopted it as a roleplay site. It's still up, and it's still active. It was WAY less organized, though.
Had forgotten about it. But me too! I remember checking every now and then the servers. Some were dead but some were pretty active. I think I even found RPN through there, or at least migrated from there to here with some partners as per my request hah.

Had forgotten about it. But me too! I remember checking every now and then the servers. Some were dead but some were pretty active. I think I even found RPN through there, or at least migrated from there to here with some partners as per my request hah.

I left and came here due to some drama there.

Indomita. Left because all my long term rps (which were grouped between 3 people) basically got ruined. Two people were mad because I had no time to rp while moving into my new apartment and working 6 days a week. The other tried to force me to let another person into our ships (anyone that has had a ship last longer than 2 years becomes close to it) and I didn't agree with it because they basically gave the person permission to make children for their character despite our characters not having kids and the person taking over a month to respond with 1 reply. I was given the ultimatum: let them be in the ship and breed to your characters (Indomita is a horse sim) or you aren't allowed to rp with my characters anymore. I chose not to and that was the final straw. I gave away 300 chrysos, tons of genes and God items, left, and let my 23 customized horses retire. Haven't been back since.

Facepunch. We had gmod/sfm picture based rp's there. One set in half life universe that had combine fighting against resistance and other factions. Other was generic nation/cult/corporation building game.

I went from AIM to MSN to Roleplayerguild. I gave up that site because it's... kind of a cesspool... about a year ago, and had given up RP in general until I came here!

I used to roleplay on a (dead) site called Habbo Hotel in my way way earlier days before moving to the forum RP of zetaboards.
D&D brought me through the rest of HS after forum RP seemed to vanish off some forums.

I did try to role play at a site called muscle growth forum. I did try muscle growth roleplays for a while but I lost interest as I didn't know how to write it and it got boring very quickly (you know what to expect). I did try to do basic roleplays there but at the end it is just a waste of time there.

I used to RP on a couple of different Harvest Moon themed forums that don't exist any more (nor do I remember their names).

More recently I was involved on RPGChat before it shut down.

Several places. They either died or became unsuitable for the kinds of things I like to write. I don't really like discord. I tried recently and the chats there just drain you. One minute the roleplay is being discussed, another, people start fighting via chat etc.

Last edited:
When I got online I started at one of those weird chat sites, then moved to hangouts, then found RpNation.

Last edited:
Any Global Guardians veterans here? That's where I got my start, in the late 90's. Man, that was fun. I also had the honor to be a part of an intersecting short story/Champions game project called Titans of Tomorrow (this was way before the DC storyline). There was some damn good writing that occurred there, and I was very sad i only got into the tail end of it. It wound down way too soon. We tried reviving it, but couldn't get committment from enough writers. (It still has a presence on the web, despite being inactive for 17 years!) Around that time, I was involved in e-wrestling (guffaw if you want, but I learned a lot about action description that still serves me well, as well as making several friends i'm still in touch with).

I used a video game called Feral Heart, which I played for many years. It's where I learned everything I know about role-playing and is what shaped my ability to write.

furry discords only place i could find people willing to rp but all of them weren't dedicated and wanted erp and bleh

I just text roleplayed
My friends were into roleplay too so we just did one liners with each other

I would bounce between gaiaonline and Iwakuroleplay. Thought I would expand my horizons and look for another roleplaying forum since I'd like to get back into writing and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back