Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Used to write on a little website that had a whole world created in Faerun, based off Neverwinter. Went off rp about 10 years ago after a negative experience, then a few months ago got back into it through a fandom on Discord. I find it's quite a different experience doing it on there and here, but enjoy both.

I mainly RPed over email with a friend of mine for the last five years or so, we eventually migrated to Google Docs. And then I found this place.

I’m going to sound super old here, but I stated back in late 1999 RPing back in the days when Yahoo Chat was all the rage and you could make your own rooms and such. After that it was mostly on Gaia and there where a few other sites between than and here.

I first started roleplaying when I got too attached to warrior cats...and I used to rp on this old site called Warriorscatsrp, and it was only like three members active on that site, but it was so fun, and sadly got taken down, so yeah...my mind is kinda fuzzy on other rp places though xD most places were discord anyway tbh

I used to RP off like instant messenger sites like MSN Messenger and whatnot but didn't really get started until I played Hogwarts Extreme. That's where it set my foundations for the RPer I am today! :D

Gaia Online and Meebo. RIP MEEBO.
Also used Solia Online a lot, and some discord servers.
Not a huge fan of roleplaying on discord though.

Mostly I played with a friend of mine, joined various little forums that she would drag me to. I've also dabbled with Gaiaonline in the past.

Facepunch Forums. Used to be a fun site to be apart off. but now its been reduced to a mismanaged husk of its former self

Played various Pen & Paper roleplay games with friends (still do) at first before joining the Roleplay community on the Facepunch Forums.

Like the posters before me, on the FP forums while the community wasn't dog-piled by a stream of awful and half-baked updates.

Roleplay.me was.... quite a ride ; I was bombarded by creeps in my messages. The people there relatively didn’t put much effort in their writing, the eroticism on a site that discourages erp was crazy- as a person who likes good wholesome and sweet, pure romance- nothing hurts me more than pointless erotica.

Before Facepunch, this site called PlayDiplomacy. Before that, I played some text games a couple called Rapid City and AfterDoomsday. I'd roleplay on the forums and in-game, that was probably back almost a decade ago now though. I played some games on NationStates, but I couldn't ever really get into those forums.

I had a D&D group in high school, we would play campaigns together and online I would play on Facepunch and roll20.

I'm also coming here from Facepunch, but before that I started out on Nationstates. I still visit there from time to time but most of the people I ran with back in the day have disappeared.

Born and raised on Facepunch. Had a rocky start, but then I got on to the longest running RP on FP, and had a blast. I crave more.

Same as above, started on FP and then migrated here. Haven’t been in a good nation rp for ages thanks to Garry messing the whole forum up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back