Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

call me rae

Closing this account
<p>

Lol finally remembered the password to my old chickensmoothie account and was browsing through my newbie stage roleplays ( cringing all the way ) and it got me to thinking. Where did everyone get their start in roleplaying? Did you start on a different site and migrate here or did you begin on RPnation itself? I personally started on gaiaonline and chickensmoothie. Both accounts are currently closed ( well I'm cleaning out chickensmoothie now and you can't really delete accounts on gaia ) But I did enjoy them for a time. Sadly I outgrew both of them eventually and that's how I found myself here.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
DemonKitten said:
One word: neopets
lol a friend of mine started there too. i guess i wasn't aware they had roleplays. granted i was on that site prolly nearly a decade ago so it could have changed a lot since then.

I started over private messages on an IRC network. I roleplayed before I even knew I was roleplaying, I guess. I was pretty young then. My first conscious long-term attempt was on a MUSH based on Middle Earth that was very popular at the time. I was absolutely obsessed with Lord of the Rings, so it was a natural fit.

I played Neopets a lot but I don't think I was even aware the site had forums since I basically played the games more than anything. Did my time on Gaia too and I still poke in there once in a while when the mood is right or I'm super desperate for a specific kind of roleplay and casting my net everywhere possible.

Neopets had guide and the guild would focus on different things including role playing. You could put your characters on pet pages link them to the guild site and everything. It was quite nice when people were active

My first one was a very intense Harry Potter based roleplay that I was poached for from Fanfiction dot net and I did not last long because it was way too much of a baptism of fire. My first real ones that I actually properly got into were all Proboards based Harry Potter RPs

Various sites here. But RPG, Roleplayer Guild, stands out the most. It was good until the reboot after all the data was lost. Also, all of my early RPing weirdness has been lost to the ages. Yep, lost forever.

Before coming here I roleplayed in person when a friend of mine needed someone to fill out the ranks of a table top game, I enjoyed it so much that it became a habit of mine. As for online roleplaying, I forget what it was exactly but it was a DC Comics site on Proboards

Am I the only one so far from TinierMe? Damn.

But my friend introduced me to RPing through DA actually lol since we both knew each other's OCs pretty well and just wanted to mess around with them in private chat for fun. I don't even remember how but I later stumbled on this site called DollWizard (does it even still exist? Do I dare check?) and realized that RPing could be this really cool communal storytelling form.

Then next my friends convinced me to join Gaia and we had many good RP memories on there (that's where I hammered through the majority of my newb phase I guess, though I had already written so much before that it was only mildly cringe-worthy...maybe...haha).

But my fondest memories of all are from TinierMe in the Literate Roleplay group. There were so many awesome, fun, talented people. When the site went down, we were all at a loss......

Tried Gaia again after a long hiatus and really I still can't understand what went horribly wrong with that site, so my friend and I scoured the Internet and happily somehow ended up here.

No regrets. B)

If I recall correctly I first began roleplaying in Club Penguin back when I was a kid. Then I went on to roleplay in Habbo, Runescape and Panfu (A rip-off of Club Penguin but with Pandas). After that came various forums, sites, etc, etc.

I will be 100% honest. I had a page on Facebook that I used to RP, and it was absolutely dreadful. T_T Filled me up with much angst. I enjoy descriptive writing, and sometimes casual, but dear hell on Earth... Those humans could not do so much as a one-liner, let alone hold a full conversation without abbreviating something. It was blasphemy in the highest order, and shamed me as an role-player to be put within the same category. Tis why I am here. (I am not pompous, promise.)

IMVU, Gaia and Zwinky. I have two older sisters who introduced me to them. One of them doesn't RP anymore and other one still does every now and then.

I've never heard of like 3/4 of the RP sites mentioned. I started with those Minecraft RP servers, the ones where you need to apply with a super detailed CS, RP for a week before everyone loses interest and moves on. Good rps and food roleolayers, but no dedication at all.

After several let downs I searched "Roleplaying Forum" on google, looked over a few site, saw most of them were ugly and not very active, found this one- looked nice so I stayed.

3k posts later here I am

QueenMoxxi said:
IMVU, Gaia and Zwinky. I have two older sisters who introduced me to them. One of them doesn't RP anymore and other one still does every now and then.
Hey! I was on all of those at some point too!!

I used to RP quite a bit on tumblr. But then I left because the community I was in was a little bit toxic.

I kept to Skype for a few years, roleplaying with my close friends that i managed to befriend while in that community. I found RPN last year in hopes of getting some new RP friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back