Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Oh, and I also did some RPing with good friends of mine over Skype and email at some points. Too bad those same friends of mine have kinda faded out of my life. ^^;

I recently came off a purely Dragon Age themed rp site (that i might still have bookmarked) I've dabbled around some Skyrim and Borderlands themed sites as well.

I'm still amazed at the variety of places people are coming from........

I didn't think RPing was such a huge thing on the net but, I guess technically it could pop up anywhere with enough creative, restless people.

I just used random sites, I had never settled down before RPN. I don't remeber most of the names, but one of them was feralfront.

Long long ago, In a time long forgotten...

I think my first time Roleplaying was quite cringe-worthily was Youtube, Which sounds absurd but apparently that's a thing. It was less of a community and just hoping to find someone and suddenly start a massive string of Rping before one of you just ended up forgetting about it. Thheen I moved onto Rping on World of Warcraft because being the little scrub of a kid I was, could barely actually play the game and lurked on the Rp servers where I found a little guild which I took part in. After realising that paying for a game monthly was kind of like throwing money out of a window I made a residence on Roblox and Rp'ed for about two years on there before getting tired of the rather crappy community.

I stumbled upon RPN some time ago but found the idea of Forum Rping weird, but I created a now super dead account and began Rping before getting strewn away and forgetting about It's existence entirely. Now here I am again after remembering about It's existence!

Hellfire said:
I just used random sites, I had never settled down before RPN. I don't remeber most of the names, but one of them was feralfront.
*Whispers* Warrior Cats Forever (I know there were other topics, but that was the main one. xD )

Back when groups were a thing on youtube, i was involved in a fictional school RP where many different characters from different shows and movies were in high school together. (I was Karl, from LoT for example.)

After that I went through various independent, beginner level RP forums. (Like a The Walking Dead rp forum with 25 people at its height.)

Eventually I wound up at Teen RP. (I don't thik it exists, anymore, unfortunately, which is a damn shame because that was a great RP site.

After that, life happened, and i stopped RP'ing for a while, but i thought about it again tonight, and wound up here!

When I RP'ed way back, it was with a group of people I met off of a Final Fantasy fan forum (Fantasy Square). They were the collaborative story-telling style of RP, and if I remember correctly they were all based on existing fiction (LotR and X-Men are the two I remembered).

The forum is down now it seems. In some ways I'm relieved. I could only imagine how cringe-worthy the content of my writing was :P

That was over ten years ago too. I started to get into tabletop RPG...and next thing I know, here I am :) Now I just gotta find an RP and come up with a good, fun character @_@

I first did ROBLOX in the role-playing forum there from 2009-, I never roleplayed in a ROBLOX game because I thought it flat out sucked. I found more place like Feral Front, but the overwhelming amount of RPs there are 1x1, and they don't even have a forum for 1x1 RPs there, so you are forced to look through a ton of 1x1 RPs just to find the RP you're looking for.

ROBLOX role-playing forum is still active, but barely. Nowadays is often a target for spambots and game role-players to post their supplementary material.

My friends and I had a wordpress site where we would keep track of everything about 8 years ago before moving onto forums and sites like that.

Hmm, lets see..

My friend got me into roleplaying back at the first two weeks we first met in 7th grade. So really, I was just a noob when I started roleplaying. :P

I started on chickensmoothie too! Then everyone stoped replying... Now I just found this website but I am currently roleplaying in a google+ community. xD

Welp, I started surprisingly on Quotev. Y'know... that sight thats most popular for quizzes? yea. I went back to my account (Which ive been inactive for the past, like, 4-5 years) and i cringed when i saw someonerp with me pewdiepie and another character. thinking back on it, i feel sorry for them xD

I will never forget.

The very first time I ever even learned of Role Playing was on a forum for a gaming cheat code website. The site still exists today, and is called "Cheat Masters". However, due to overwhelming amounts of bots, the forum for the site had to close down. Although, the spirit of role playing there long ago still exists in me. I had many good times role playing on CM, and many...many cringe worthy memories as well considering I was so young and stupid back then.

Now? I'm just older and stupid. Lol

Oh wow lol....lets me see....I think i got into roleplaying when i started back in...2010? I went through this artsy period during my highschool years. So i found Deviantart and some friends in there introduced me to it. I made a bunch of OCs that i still love and role played some great stories. I even managed to make my own and it lasted for a looooooooong time. Then i moved to a website called Ushi No Tane, which is like an information website about a game called Harvest moon. Its very nice and the forum is very organized and clean (I still RP there until this day). Then i found a personal RP buddy in Deviantart and we rped through the messages, but we switched to skype after we found it was more convenient. And well, after we finished like 4 role plays that lasted for like 3 years, we kind of stopped and i took a break that lasted for a year...And now im here, trying to polish my writing skills again <:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scylla said:
I also did Chicken Smoothie, but mostly gave up after the mods took a level in strictness.
Yeah I went back recently and it's like... omg the rules are almost kind of ridiculous at this point. I mean if I had like a little ten year old sibling that would be the place I'd want them to roleplay because there would be nothing inappropriate for them to see. But still like your kind of gutting your roleplay base for people who are a little older.

Neopets ... Horrid memories. Then I went on to Gaiaonline, and some

random rp site my friend mentioned to me and now I'm here.

[QUOTE="Martin Vole]RoleplayGateway, up until it exploded several times then got hacked and lost most of its playerbase.

[/QUOTE]
I tried to do that I hadn't realize it had been hacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back