Experiences When looking for new RPs, what do you prefer?

grimmmy

holy work
Do you rely on the Newest Interest Checks? Do you browse Recruit Here? Do you surf specific tags? Or do you look for ongoing RPs that are still accepting?

Honestly, I've gotten used to making friends and then initiating RPs with them if their interests align with mine. If you already know each other and enjoy each other's company, the chance of ghosting or interest fizzling out drops significantly.

It takes a lot more time than using the recruitment forums, but if you're not in a rush, I recommend it. :)

Since I have long term rp partners I'd primarily look for rp with them. XD
But they didn't appear from nowhere, so firstly I was just browsing 1x1 Interest Checks for a while. Checked recent search threads based on tags and topics listed in the threads.
And also rp discussions lol Funny enough, got one partner from there, without any search threads because we had a good discussion and then started to talk in PM. ^^

But basically, browsing Recruitment forums and trying to find any thread that interests me. Takes a while but can be worth it.

I would prefer to do it though getting to know people and then starting an RP with them ... but usually I use the recruitment forums because I want a certain type of RP that no one I already know wants to do.

Nowadays I don't do much roleplay searching. Between the generally spaced out, slow pace of the kind of RPs I like to be a part of, and the mounting responsibilities of college life (and I imagine more coming as I enter into the actual "real life" as some would put it) I only very rarely actively search. If I am searching then I'll likely use the recruitment forum's new (typically group).

However, I do always keep an eye out in the "new RPs" bar in the front page of RPN just in case something pops up that interests me, and I do periodically update my 1x1 interest check with whatever my current persistent cravings are, new plot ideas and updated roleplay preferences and updated gifs and bad jokes too.

Yeah, I’m not looking for anything specific so I’ve just been plucking a thread from Newest and going from there.

I kinda want to start a RP? In case I follow through, it’s good to know how to “advertise.”

I look for specific tags typically. I have some niche interests and certain tags are more likely to be closer to the things I'm most interested in RPing.

RP I filter tags and pre-fixes and then look at the available threads. Everywhere else I just go into threads look and if the person triggers my red flags or we share no interests I move on.

I look for specific tags (platonic and fandoms usually). I do try to keep to the newest threads when replying though. So like if it has been a month since they posted I don’t reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back