Other What's your most hated fan ship?

I'm gonna need people to stop shipping certain celebrities irl so hard. So any ship that involves actors rather than characters. As someone who does read fanfiction, there is nothing odder than entire fics about real.life.people.

I'm gonna need people to stop shipping certain celebrities irl so hard. So any ship that involves actors rather than characters. As someone who does read fanfiction, there is nothing odder than entire fics about real.life.people.
I have to second this. I did not always think that there was something essentially wrong about writing a fanfic involving real celebrities. I even liked a few pieces about jrockers.
This changed abruptly when I read an rpg involving people I knew in person. In my youth, I was active in musical theatre and there were many hot guys there, who had their fans waiting outside after the show, writing them letters online and what not. Once I was browsing the web and I found an entire forum about guys from the theatre in Vienna, in which they were being paired totally randomly, behaved like hysterical little girls and it also featured a chatroom, where they were having super weird conversations. I showed it to them; they were really disgusted to say the least.
I haven´t read anything about real life people since. I mean if its something you enjoy, try to imagine its about your friends.

Dunno if anyone watches RWBY, but here recently a ship has popped up that just... weirds me out. Usually I'm okay with ships, even if I do have a stance on the Bumbleby vs Black Sun war. I don't like Lancaster(Ruby x Jaune) either but it has very little on the ship I'm about to mention:

I just... don't like Rose Garden(Ruby x Oscar). Whatsoever. And there's one defining reason, that being the fact that Oscar has Ozpin in his mind. Ozpin, who is a middle-aged man. V5 reveals that he can see the things Oscar does, which in itself must already be awkward. But try having a significant other like that? There may have been a reason Ozpin never had any love interests, since that would just be unnerving and kind of creepy. I rarely ever notably dislike a ship, but... Rose Garden.
Honestly it'd be cute if it weren't for Ozpin.

I have a few categories of no-go ships.
*incest
*rl people instead of characters
*gay ship when the characters are straight
*straight ship when the characters are gay
*underage person with an adult

Harry Potter: Draco/Hermione *gag*, Snape/anyone. Even though Ron/Hermione is canon, I still hate it. Ship one of the kids with any teacher you're officially gross.
Star Wars: Reylo. I just think it's stupid, edgy, and not at all plausible.
South Park: Kyle/Cartman. It's just... horrible on so many levels.
DC: Harley/Joker. Can you tell I hate " opposites attract" kinds of ships?
Homestuck: anyone/anyone. That fandom is so cringy nowadays... I don't trust it.
Gravity Falls: Dipper/Mabel is the obvious candidate for Worst Ship, but I also hate Dipper/Bill.
Hamilton: ...They were real people. We just... shouldn't.

General: Anything involving incest, adult/minor, explicitly abusive relationships, or otherwise gross.

Incest (Staring at you Elsanna), bestiality, pedophilia, anything like that is NOT ok in my book. Disgusts me.

Relationships like Joker and Harley. No. Just no.

And I hate Hook×Emma from OUaT.

I really need to watch it then.
But AUGH Tumblr y.
I knew that demons came from you, but not Satan himself.
Oh trust me, Tumblr is Satan's fuckin house. I only get on there anymore for very specific fandom content I can stomach and memes. Gotta love them memes and Tumblr has some really good ones.

I dislike Shiro/Pidge from Voltron because of the age gap, also the father-like role that Shiro has taken on.
I also dislike real life ships, it just feels odd to me. Unless of course the people are actually in a relationship.
Yeah, same. Like, Shiro is more like Pidge's big bro than a love interest and he is much older. But I can't hate it because I just ignore it. Klance on the other hand tho...oh I hate that shit. I hate it so much. Not only does it make absolutely no sense, but a lot of the hardcore shippers are terrible to other people about it, including the actually creators of the show. To top it off, the creators have said multiple times that Keith and Lance will never get together. It will never, ever be canon. And in response, the Klance fans harrass (feel like I'm spelling that wrong) and are nasty to the creators and terrible human beings. Like people can ship em if they want, I don't care, just don't be huge piles of obnoxious garbage about it. That just show how immature they all are, and their overall attitude and gross obsession has made me hate that ship with a passion. I can't even see art of it without getting pissed.

Dean Winchester x Castiel. I've never been a fan of it, and the fan's attitude around it makes me hate it even more.
i came here p u r e l y to complain about this ship because i need to do my ten posts and i know this is something i can waffle on about for hours. i'm relieved i'm not the only one who thinks the ship is overrated and i won't get mobbed for my opinion.

Frankly I don't see the appeal in shipping, but the only media it truly bugs me in would be team fortress two. The characters of tf2 (We're working off the comics here) are great, and the tf2 comics are easily the best comics in terms of humor appeal I've ever seen (Looking at you overwatch). However, the romance in them is extremely minimal and is pretty much devoid of shipping potential. The canon relationships are great - the current one be Soldier and Heavy's sister (Again, great) as they're both violent idiots that work well together. However the shipping of the other characters is beyond stupidity. No chemistry, the fact that the time period allocates against homosexuality and the fact that the majority of them are so extreme they'd never work together means that ships come across to me as stupid and hamfisted attempts at trying to get X to love X. Shipping has always felt fairly fetish-y to me and this really never helped. The only ship I've ever seen being able to work would be the heavy and the medic.
And I say this as: I've only ever seen one ship work once in a single story.

This wonderful piece here: Of Sound Mind - AlexKingOfTheDamned, swimsalot - Team Fortress 2 [Archive of Our Own]

The reason it works is because there's an actual story. Good lord, the problem with ships is easily my biggest gripe - they're not stories, they're just declarations of love. So often ships don't have an actual plot going on and because of this they feel stale and hollow. It should stand on its own as a story without the label "Ship" and that's what "Of sound mind" Does. It manages to detail the story of a man being nursed back to health with no memory of ever loving, and the fact that it doesn't even need to be a fandom story to be good is what makes it click. Shift a few words and you have an original story, and by god does that make a story good.

TL;DR heavy and medic is possible, everything else is not in tf2.

i don't necessarily HATE this ship... but it's definitely one of my least favorite in bnha...
i'm really not a fan of todomomo (todoroki x yaoyorozu) at all.
or any ship involving teachers and students.

I dislike Shiro/Pidge from Voltron because of the age gap, also the father-like role that Shiro has taken on.
I also dislike real life ships, it just feels odd to me. Unless of course the people are actually in a relationship.
IT's LITERAL PEDOPHILIA. Shiro would be ashamed and would hate the heck out of whoever does that. Like. WHat the fuck man. Not even taking into account that Shiro is indeed like a father to Pidge. But who the fucks ships a 14 yo with a 24ish yo? LIke. what the fuck. ugh.

i don't necessarily HATE this ship... but it's definitely one of my least favorite in bnha...
i'm really not a fan of todomomo (todoroki x yaoyorozu) at all.
or any ship involving teachers and students.
I don't really hate TodoMomo; but I don't like it much. MomoJirou is a really good ship tho omg. Also wtf with teacher/students ships ugh.

Lately, klance has been grinding my gears. Enjoy your ship by all means but STOP harassing the writers and claiming the ship is canon.

fenris x anders. i shouldn't have to explain why this is wrong but holy shit no this will never work. even if you go for the whole hate love thing, no. they would rather murder one another than do the do please stop shipping them dear lord

I ragequit when I see (unfortunately) Kataang, people shipping real people (especially youtubers), BakuTodo AND FRIGGING SWENOR BYE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back