Other What's your most hated fan ship?

I have to say my most hated fan ship is Sherlock x Watson from the British TV show Sherlock. I love the friendship between the two and I don't like that people feel the need, or want, to make it a romance even if it's joked about in the show.

I'm also not a fan of:
  • Anything with incest.
  • Anything with a huge age gap that includes minors.
  • Anything shipping against the characters' cannon sexual orientation.
  • Any ships that involve real people, dead or alive.
  • Anything involving abuse or serial killers. I mean people actively shipping them romantically, not using a toxic relationship to further a story.

For me, personally and some people will hate me and talk crap because I hate this ship but I have more than one good reason to despise it... Sailor Mars with Tuxedo Mask. WORST.SHIP.I'VE.EVER.SEEN. And really any other Scout, that isn't Sailor Moon I do NOT ship with Tuxedo Mask. Yes, that includes Michiru.

As for other fandoms, huhh... I just hate School Days, in general and in particular. That entire anime... Makoto Itou has it comin'... I hate School Days. I despise the entirety of anything to do with the anime and the anime! The only redeeming quality of this show (for those who have been blessed not to watch it), is that this main character gets what he has comin' to em'. That's one of the few reasons, I haven't killed some of my exes. Although I do like nice boat scenes *reference for those who have been cursed to see it*.

SansxFrisk.

Sans: Has multiple jobs, pays for a house, is CLEARLY an adult.
Frisk: Looks like a child, is constantly called "my child" and "kid" or "kiddo" (SANS CALLS THEM "KID"), is CLEARLY a child.

So wtf. Why is this so popular??

God, have I posted this before?

Freddy x Jason. Or Frason. Oh. My god. This ship has something about it what I heavily disliked...as far as I am informed, Freddy is someone who molested children (at least, it got hinted at). And Jason drowned as a child (at least, almost drowned). I think you can see why I think this is problematic?
Every time I see this god damn ship I am screaming internally. WHY. Seeing this ship makes me unbelievably angry and sad.

I'm not really big on shipping which means I don't have a lot of NOTPs either but I have a strong aversion to any ship involving real people. Actors, musicians, athletes, Youtubers, any other sort of public figure... they're people with lives of their own outside of the entertainment they deliver and their public personas and treating them like fictional characters just feels really disrespectful and objectifying to me.

Historical fiction is a little different, if the figures involved have been deceased for a long time or are otherwise fictionalized. Like, I don't break out in hives when people do fan content of say, Hamilton. I'm still not interested in it for similar reasons but the revulsion isn't there.

Here are some of mine:

- Kylo Ren x Rey (or Kylo Ren x Anyone Else)

- Harley Quinn x Joker

- Scott Summers/Cyclops x Emma Frost

- Snape x Harry (or Snape x Hermione)

- Draco x Hermione

- Anything that has to do with incest

Age gaps (6+ years), anything with a power imbalance (like master/padawan or professor/student), ships between characters that are abusive or have been abusive to each other in the past (TOXIC), and gross stuff like incest. I honestly can't pick just one ship, because there are unfortunately SO MANY that fit into these categories. But a popular one right now that I find myself fuming over most often is Reylo.

Oh, and any ship with Snape involved makes me gag.

Like some others have said, there are so many ships in this world that are just plain wrong (in my opinion) that I can't really pick just a couple. I would like to say, however, that, aside from all the abusive, incestual, and otherwise unhealthy pairings, I am very much against turning regular, platonic relationships (friends, colleagues, etc.) into romantic ones.

Oh man I could go on an on about this topic.

If I had to choose a specific group of ships....
I'd say:
Sonails
Routails
Frans
Fontcest
sanscest
Gumwin
Dipper x Mabel
Billdip
Mabill

There's apattern here
They're all gross nasty ships for gross nasty people.

I think when I first started watching anime when I began using the internet to watch it, it was any Yaoi ship that made no sense. Which during 2006-2016 was all anime, that was not bluntly saying. "Hey, two dudes love one another." It was mainly what at the time was the "Crazy Yaoi fangirls" whom from what I have gathered have disappeared into the ether with more people watching anime. But, those crazy Yaoi fangirls and their weird "evidence" for why L and Kira loved one another sure made me not want to watch anything anime related.

Gravity Falls Mabel x Dipper
Incest is a no go with me.

And despite how Naruto ended, I still hate that Sakura and Sasuke ended up married because he's such an asshole lmao. Like, Sakura get your head out of your ass. Naruto barely paid Hinata any attention throughout the whole show but then they get married so the whole matchmaking was like bleh.

I think when I first started watching anime when I began using the internet to watch it, it was any Yaoi ship that made no sense. Which during 2006-2016 was all anime, that was not bluntly saying. "Hey, two dudes love one another." It was mainly what at the time was the "Crazy Yaoi fangirls" whom from what I have gathered have disappeared into the ether with more people watching anime. But, those crazy Yaoi fangirls and their weird "evidence" for why L and Kira loved one another sure made me not want to watch anything anime related.

Ohman... i know exactly what you mean... :-_-lines: xD

Well there's a list (i'm sorry)
- anything from Hamilton (it's history so it's not going to happen)
-Incest/pedophilic/power abuse/abuse ("But it's not real" do I look like I care?)
- characters that are straight in gay fanfics (it's different if they haven't said they are straight but if they have you wouldn't put a lesbian with a man)

We hear a lot about ships people like, but I'm curious on which you hate? What ships in your fandom does everyone seem to like that you just can't stand?

This could be for lots of reasons. Maybe it's to popular, maybe it makes so little sense you don't understand what others see in it? Whatever your reason tell me about it and why you hate it.

Want to point out that this thread needs to be a safe thread. No attacking people becasue they don't support you fave ship nor should people attack those who like the ship. That's not the point here okay? Ok...

I'll give my number one most hated ship, but will not go into detail unless enough of you wanna read that several page rant. If so I'll type it up but I will take a while.

Anyway it's Sesshomaru and Kagome from Inuyasha. Yes it's popular, don't attack me.
Actually I'm so here with you on hating putting Sesshomaru and Kagome together. Just...no. Not today, Satan. But most hated for me...that's honestly a tie between The Vampire Diaries/The Originals' Delena and Klaroline. Like, I never knew hatred for ships until these two came about. I literally stopped watching the former of the shows because of how much I hated DE and KC is just a whole other discussion, even though it's not that much different from DE in terms of why I hate those relationships.

I know a lot of people like it, but I personally hate Stucky. I just don't like it.

3IdhZAA.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back