Other What’s your “cringey” interest?

I Read that in MoistCritikal’s voice, especially the ‘Jesus Christ’s Asshole’ line lol
I actually had no idea who that was and just had to youtube them like a stalker. Just watched part if his video on She-Hulk.

He may be my spirit animal. I don't know, it's too early to tell and I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment just yet.

I actually had no idea who that was and just had to youtube them like a stalker. Just watched part if his video on She-Hulk.

He may be my spirit animal. I don't know, it's too early to tell and I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment just yet.
Haha, I suggest to watch his more popular videos on his channel because they are generally better

What do you mean? We have "writing groups" where we share short stories from a prompt and discuss them all after. 👀
Suddenly not so cringe after all, eh? Normies now think we're creatives and intellectuals.
Oh yes, I always call it "collaborative writing" to normal folks I don't feel like defining "roleplay" to

Ahem …. Jamming out to music while roleplaying and all the sudden break out into the lyrics through text while singing it and confusing the heck out of people just to get a reaction. I THOUGHT YOU PROMISED ME THE WORLD YOU SAID YOUD ALWAYS KEEP YOUR WORD SHOW ME WHAT YOUR AFTER JUST A LITTLE FASTER and make it epic. It confuses people to the point they don’t understand

Ahem …. Jamming out to music while roleplaying and all the sudden break out into the lyrics through text while singing it and confusing the heck out of people just to get a reaction. I THOUGHT YOU PROMISED ME THE WORLD YOU SAID YOUD ALWAYS KEEP YOUR WORD SHOW ME WHAT YOUR AFTER JUST A LITTLE FASTER and make it epic. It confuses people to the point they don’t understand
Yeah I PAPA AINT CALL EVEN THOUGH HE SAW ME ON TV ITS ALL GOOD feel you

I’m a DIY’er. It’s fun to make things on your own, but sometimes, it can go horribly wrong.

I also like dancing when I clean or cook. It makes me look like a lunatic when the beat goes hard and no one else hears it because I have headphones (to be courteous to my house mates), but why not enjoy the music?

I like dismantling appliances and furniture then put them back together. I don't do it randomly, but I look for the smallest reason as an excuse.

As a 32 year old straight man, I always feel like my ongoing interest in the Sims might get me a few side-glances in mixed company.

IDK I just like the relaxed creativity.

I feel vulnerable already but that's fine. I like the DSMP. I'm not a cringe or crazy fan, I just really like the concept of the improv storyline (even though it's confusing) and the fact that it's Minecraft in general.. Judge me, I don't care.

LOL, ez. Prettyboy Creepypastas (Jeff, EJ, LJ, Toby, Etc) and Hetalia. I'm the sharkbait of the internet.

this is mainly in terms of like, irl stuff if i mention it to my friends i'd feel shame but, parappa the rapper, cuphead, dhmis, all of that
outside of media probably rping. online. i feel like a loser if i ever said that to one of my friends

I have an obsession of making little reindeer out of toilet paper rolls, coloured cotton, sticks, and googly eyes.
I can't even explain why either, one day I just did it and now I have a whole drawer of them ajdjdjf

...I'm old and brazilian everything I like is cringey, like Chavo del 8, monogamy, romantic comedies, otomes, Vin Diesel, etc

homestuck and hetalia... i'm still very into homestuck, comfort material

RPing. I tell irl people that I'm using a collaborative writing site and we write stories together. Which isn't really a lie, but it's not quite the truth either. IDK why it feels cringe even when I'm talking to people I DnD with, but...

Learning Japanese. I feel like everyone is judging me and thinks of me as a weeb, and it's not that at all. I'm also learning German because I love the language and lots of music/media from them, but why is that so much less cringe?? Ahhh.

Learning Japanese. I feel like everyone is judging me and thinks of me as a weeb, and it's not that at all. I'm also learning German because I love the language and lots of music/media from them, but why is that so much less cringe?? Ahhh.
Korean learners have a similar reputation to that of Japanese learners tbh. They're assumed to be Koreaboos, or whatever the Korean equivalent of a weeb is.

I'm trying to learn Arabic myself and that also comes with some weird assumptions from other people.

Korean learners have a similar reputation to that of Japanese learners tbh. They're assumed to be Koreaboos, or whatever the Korean equivalent of a weeb is.

I'm trying to learn Arabic myself and that also comes with some weird assumptions from other people.
Ah, yes, what with the kpop wave you can't just simply like the language or culture anymore. I suppose in a way I'm a weeb or is that only for anime? I'm a fan of Japanese film and comedy along with the food and music... I know some of it is just how weird you are about it.

That's so cool! Arabic is such a lovely language and the alphabet is so beautiful. I wish I had the spoons to learn one so difficult, but I'd need an actual teacher to learn a language so complex.

Also cringey for me : I like Japanese rock/indie which I think a lot of ppl at least in the past used to think was weird.

Ah, yes, what with the kpop wave you can't just simply like the language or culture anymore. I suppose in a way I'm a weeb or is that only for anime? I'm a fan of Japanese film and comedy along with the food and music... I know some of it is just how weird you are about it.

That's so cool! Arabic is such a lovely language and the alphabet is so beautiful. I wish I had the spoons to learn one so difficult, but I'd need an actual teacher to learn a language so complex.

Also cringey for me : I like Japanese rock/indie which I think a lot of ppl at least in the past used to think was weird.
Yea it's sad, really, especially since I do actually like East Asian cultures outside of the pop culture stuff like anime, music, etc. There's definitely more to those societies just like there's more to Arabic culture and society than the stereotypes that westerners carry around with them.

And yes, on that note I'm hoping to find a proper teacher eventually when I have the income to afford it. For now I'm just trying to learn and memorize the alphabet so I can at least read the language. That alone would be an accomplishment since there's so much poetry and literature that is accessible that way. Even from a literary point of view outside of all the religious implications the Quran is beautiful and poetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back