Other What’s your “cringey” interest?

I know roleplaying shouldn’t be considered “cringey,” but that’s how I viewed it for a long time. I used to hide all my writing from anybody who walked into the same room because I didn’t want people to think I was weird for being interested in playing a character.

I cross-stitch and hand embroider things. I usually do it when I’m feeling stressed as a coping mechanism, but it never sounded like a “cool” hobby. It’s something probably grandmas do so I never thought to discuss it. XD

Honestly tho, I personally think the cross stitching and embroidery sounds really cool! I’m personally looking into crochet myself! :)

TBH absolutely MLP OCs specifically !! The show is good but I LOVE making OCs for it and the creepypastas (or ponypastas) have a special place in my heart :D !!

Consists of RPing, writing romance novels, daydreaming, ASMR, and karoking.
Why can't an adult enjoy the fun things in life without being judged? D:

So, I've been told that liking VTubers is cringey, so if it is, then I am indeed cringey! WWWW. My favorite group has to be Nijisanji EN, and from everyone there, my favorite members are Ike, Nina, Yugo, and Vox! I also like Oliver from Nijisanji JP. I also enjoy a VTuber outside of Nijisanji, his name is Shotou, and he has actually collabed with both Vox and Mysta from Nijisanji if I remember correctly! He also said that he was going to apply for Nijisanji at one point, but then decided not to WWWW.

Anyways before I get carried away fanboying over VTubers, that's my so-called "cringey" interest!

Hmm…. I don’t really consider it cringey exactly, never have really but the masses may find role playing amongst things one shouldn’t like or partake perhaps? So, I’ve basically just kept it to myself for the large portions of that term since beginning during my late teens. I know some people, family included who hear role playing and first thing that comes to mind is nothing close the same form of role playing ive been doing for some years now off and on. Due to potential ages here that could view it I’ll refrain from expanding on the role playing that was referenced as the first thought people had when mentioning the hobby. But yeah, I guess I’d say role playing because I didn’t want to try and explain the differences between the mistaken version and the form I do here and a past forum by creating characters, trying my hand at creative writing while trying to practice it/improve and fiction on a amateur level, while exploring a world and role not my own. guess the weird and oddball feeling/label added to it with folks I know in rl and how they might view it all, plus me I suppose too plays a part. though considering the large community we have for Rp and the different forums, table tops and etc, out there…. Maybe that wouldn’t quite qualify here?

So I guess, the weird and cringey thing that could still qualify was during my younger years i partook in “Shipping” characters from various anime like Naruto. My lord how that was quite the scene and those debates on a past forum let me tell you haha. Subconsciously I suppose I still have opinions but nothing serious like a younger me, geez that kid was rather passionate about a few Naruto ships. Overall, I don’t really bother with shipping anymore but the occasional thought and opinion still occur in mind.

I like reading 1-2 star book reviews on Goodreads. Love the passionate screaming, eye-rolling gifs, and ALL CAPS INTENSITY.

That said, I have no ill will towards the author or people who actually enjoy the books. I just like how creative people get with their reviews and find them entertaining to read. Not everyone has the same tastes and that's cool with me.

I'm still obsessed with the Lord of the Rings and have the foil Valentines cards that came out in the early 2000s they are precious to me....oh and doing lots of movie quote in my everyday conversations that one too.

Horse games!
I specifically love Star Stable Online and equestrian servers on minecraft. I'm not exactly in a financial position irl where I can own my own horse (as much as I'd really love to) so I'll live vicariously through video games instead!

I'm still obsessed with the Lord of the Rings and have the foil Valentines cards that came out in the early 2000s they are precious to me....oh and doing lots of movie quote in my everyday conversations that one too.
My Precious

I have an interest in drawing and 3d modeling.

That probably doesn't sound cringe, right?

Now imagine that you want to take your art to the next level. Naturally, you want to make characters. Also naturally, you need to know how clothes lay on top of the forms, and you need to know what the forms under those clothes look like in order to accurately recreate them. That's not exactly something you can practice in front of the kids. It's also pretty easy for misunderstandings to happen.

Pro wrestling.

This diagram probably explains it better than I ever could.

Professional Wrestling.jpg
It's one of the most ridiculous and unique forms of storytelling I've ever seen, and I love it.

Being a weeb. Tapas. I could spend my entire life on that website reading through some of the comics.

Hm well I collect pokemon cards as a hobby! I love pokemon in general and the cards are very nostalgic for me so I took to collecting them! One of my luckiest hits so far was a secret rare urshifu vmax in black and gold!

I also am into dnd and ttrpgs in general. I don't have many people in my real life who are interested in that and I get some weird looks when talking about it. I've been meaning to get into a campaign actually!

Reading. I'm a massive reader, and although I slowed down this year, I still adore it as a hobby. I get called a nerd for it sometimes sure but I don't really give a shit honestly.

Some rapid fire stuff are old school rock and metal (had my friends call it ear rape- never living that down), roleplaying, enjoying horror media, ffxiv, furbies, zelfs, folklore, and old school anime (particularly magical girl anime)

Hm well I collect pokemon cards as a hobby! I love pokemon in general and the cards are very nostalgic for me so I took to collecting them! One of my luckiest hits so far was a secret rare urshifu vmax in black and gold!

I also am into dnd and ttrpgs in general. I don't have many people in my real life who are interested in that and I get some weird looks when talking about it. I've been meaning to get into a campaign actually!

Reading. I'm a massive reader, and although I slowed down this year, I still adore it as a hobby. I get called a nerd for it sometimes sure but I don't really give a shit honestly.

Some rapid fire stuff are old school rock and metal (had my friends call it ear rape- never living that down), roleplaying, enjoying horror media, ffxiv, furbies, zelfs, folklore, and old school anime (particularly magical girl anime)
Everyone calls it ear rape if they don't listen to it dear. Best part about rock and metal is when you turn it up really loud in the car and the entire car booms and VIBRATES with the beat. The sound rocks! Hehe get the joke?

Pokemon. It's a kids game and old as hell, but I can't stop playing it.
my four-year-old likes pokemon, and they keep releasing new video games and card editions. So the age of the game is irrelevant to its popularity. js

Everyone calls it ear rape if they don't listen to it dear. Best part about rock and metal is when you turn it up really loud in the car and the entire car booms and VIBRATES with the beat. The sound rocks! Hehe get the joke?
YES!! Me and my dad share the same music so whenever we are together in the car, expect us to share different music discoveries and blast songs together. God I love it when it vibrates in your very bones.

From what I'd consider most to least likely to induce a terminal cringe reaction in your average high schooler:

• Self-shipping. I do it for fun and to cope with the intense feelings of isolation that I get sometimes. I have several shameless self-inserts in my back pocket and I adore each and every one of them. You honestly have no idea how freeing it is to just be able to point at a character and just say "yeah we're dating/bffs/family" unapologetically.
  • ASMR, but specifically that one subgenre where someone takes care of you for like an hour.
  • I guess forum roleplay would count as a cringe interest, especially in 2022. Shame people can't have fun.
  • My music taste in general. It ranges from "acceptable" stuff like metalcore, punk, alt rock, etc all the way to this.
  • The Yakuza series. It's not really that cringe to most, but the fanbase unfortunately has a reputation for being incredibly annoying.
I am cringe, but I am free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back