Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, there are certain things that a detailed Google search does not cover. Sometimes internet sources are definitely not the best sources, and sometimes the help of a consultant is the best.

Perhaps I am being a bit picky and pretentious, but damn, if I am going to write about something, I want to write it as accurately as possible.
Guessing this includes the use of databases as well? What exactly do you look up most of the time? if you don't mind me asking.

Guessing this includes the use of databases as well? What exactly do you look up most of the time? if you don't mind me asking.
The problem with databases is that, most part of the time, they are misinterpreted. That's why I think it is for the best to ask a professional about the issue we want to know about or, at least, read an informed opinion on it.
Health issues in general. That's my field of study. However, as I like historical roleplays, researching about History is also necessary. When doing so, I like to speak with some friends of mine who study it, in order to make sure I am getting things right.

Here's something I was thinking about earlier today, although not technically a complaint:

So you know how everyone complains about games where characters "sit around in a tavern" (or setting equivalent) and nothing ever happens? If nobody likes these games, why are they so common that even complaining about them is a cliche in itself?

Researching for roleplays.

It is an essential part of roleplaying, depending on certain settings, genres and/or characters.

However, there are certain things that a detailed Google search does not cover. Sometimes internet sources are definitely not the best sources, and sometimes the help of a consultant is the best.

Perhaps I am being a bit picky and pretentious, but damn, if I am going to write about something, I want to write it as accurately as possible.

Books. Books are good for this.

did we mention run on sentences yet? run on sentences. there are posts that I literally could not comprehend until I pasted them into a text editor and reformatted them.

also using ellipses every ten words instead of literally any actual punctuation.

it's one thing rp-ing w someone who doesn't contribute to the plotting at all & just gives uninterested one/two-word responses
but
oh Lord give me the patience to deal w ppl who basically repeat the entirety of what you said wo adding a single thing further to it. like, i'll send in paras of seedling-ideas & receive paras in reply only "hyping" everything i've already said.
like damn i appreciate it ofc but fucking give me smth to work w here is2g it makes me wanna leave the pm wo saying a single word back

So I went through the trouble of discussing and making an RP with someone, they pretend to like the idea, ask me to make the starter then ghost me as in never even made a first reply and I know for a fact they've been on, I know for a fact they read it, even gently reminded them it existed, ask if there was a problem and if they weren't feeling it that was fine, just let me know so I'm not waiting on them...not a peep and it's like the rudest shit I've personally seen on this site so far.

The only thing that sets me off all the time, is people who don't help to plot the roleplay. They just make ME do everything. I hate it with a passion honestly, like help me out here

The usual repetition. The gang gets together and has the time, the RP gets swung to old glories and preference for an ending rather than new one, then nothing happens and half the base ghosts it. Not really an upsetting one, I still got the information I wanted out of the experiment.

You try joining some friends' servers to enter and stay within a character RP, but all your basement dwelling vamp lolis aren't interested and don't have one, or left that style entirely. Feels bad man. Guess I'll evaporate.

When you just got done through a very brief server hell, as a under-donated shrine maiden going by codename Devito, and some weird supernatural dumpster-ork marches in with a doll army only to be gankspanked by ultra-instinct garbage collector and befriender, the loveable magic card flinging ape, green haired vengeful spirit, emo and confused scythe witch with bullet hell powers and speed enhancers, and an unamused Vampire loli princess and her maid that emotionlessly one-ups every taunt. All this finally culminating in the final battle of bloody diamond, battered and exhausted. Our great and well oiled meme machine collapsed. One starts firm, the loli is taunted about the rapidly and bizarrely rising sun. A taunt so powerful with which she summoned an umbrella, and at the middle of 4 A.M with a sun estimating to be akin to 3 PM by mod discretion, she fancifully floated outside with only their shins below burned off with no reaction, and promptly smashed their skull in after using a whole-game-saved-and-built-up power reminiscent of mashing up the final battle of Sans, the entirety of dark souls dungeon crawling with hide and seek elements, and ending it within a back to back bullet hell that was so maniacally sadistic and stunted that not even my high luck statistic could get me beyond phase II alone. Then, the server is gone. It hath haste been reduced to atoms. A wound in the soul, as if all memory of the thousands of fun as well as suffering moments suddenly stopped.

When you want to do a real RP with an actual idea, but in order to be the computer for it to prevent it being a slog, you have to go homeless if you do because some braindead wants you quarantined for two weeks and you're certainly not going to be paid. Begone, bot!

even have*

<3
One more necro for the necromancy God. Only with half of it translated.
Thou art not wholly correct upon my sentence on the correction of upperclass English, therein I proclaim:
The star goes first, as per the rules of "Grammar Correction" handbook Chapter V, article XIII, illustration IX.

With this stone cast and our cheek turned, take this weak yeet for further enhancement of both public and personal affairs. 👍 Though it could be worse, speaking 40k Ork. Lmao.

So I went through the trouble of discussing and making an RP with someone, they pretend to like the idea, ask me to make the starter then ghost me as in never even made a first reply and I know for a fact they've been on, I know for a fact they read it, even gently reminded them it existed, ask if there was a problem and if they weren't feeling it that was fine, just let me know so I'm not waiting on them...not a peep and it's like the rudest shit I've personally seen on this site so far.
That's right up there with disappearing in the middle of plotting like after you've established a pretty solid plot, have characters, and could probably start the roleplay.

I'm annoyed at people using anime physics and anime tropes in more realistic RPs.

One example is someone who 'blushes' after every sentence. Blushing doesn't work that way.

Lol yeah I feel like roleplay in general can be like that,

I have met lovely people who really helped me through some difficult times in my life,

And I have met toxic trash who literally made me quit the hobby for months at a time.

I think the one that made me angriest was the one who would pull that “why you mad?” crap. Like they would deliberately post something they KNEW would rile Me up, then act all offended and superior because I was being “antagonistic”.

like I specifically told you this was a touchy subject and asked you not to bring it up any more. Don’t get cute when you know what you did.

Lack of understanding. I've been roleplaying for quite a while and I'm still amazed how bent out of shape some people get about posting schedules. Apparently everyone is required to have the same posting schedule, damn having a life outside of the roleplay community.
Let me not forget the "I understand people have lives outside of roleplay." then in the same breath "If you can't post every day, I lose interest." and lastly "I need novella posts."

What in the hell do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back