Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cartoons. Specifically Amphibia.
had to google. lol
seems cute.
My first exposure to a Media Transmigration instance was The Neverending Story, circa 1984
I would like to say they should definitely remake this, but given the way movies are nowadays they'd prolly just screw it up.

Anyhow... straying off topic. I'll stfu now

Yesterday I checked out the lfg sections of a dozen different sites and it was literally nothing but 5e on the first page of all of them. I'm so fucking sick of it.
This is why I appreciate sites that separate freeform and system roleplay.

lol, that doesn't help me. I prefer systems. I just don't find d&d interesting.
I'm the other way around, actually. But the last site I left had a pretty big system section. And pretty much everything in there wanted to be run in some kind of D&D conversion. Usually 5e, but sometimes older versions. So I can understand your frustration.

When a roleplay looks really cool from the interest check, then you see the characters that are already up in the CS thread and it's like .... noooooooo.

I think I mentioned this before but ya know it keeps happening. XD

When a roleplay looks really cool from the interest check, then you see the characters that are already up in the CS thread and it's like .... noooooooo.

I think I mentioned this before but ya know it keeps happening. XD
It's even worse when you're already in the roleplay and you just have to pray that the GM has the common sense to not accept that character.

I feel like some of my rp replies lately are not up to par and I'm angry at myself that I can't always write well.

I generally try not to make angry posts here, but...

People who respond to PMs that express interest, and ask questions, about their plot idea, with a one-sentence meaningless reply, like "Sounds good!", disregarding any questions within the PM itself. Or even things like "Okay, I'm back"...that still disregards questions asked earlier.

I just don't understand it.

I generally try not to make angry posts here, but...

People who respond to PMs that express interest, and ask questions, about their plot idea, with a one-sentence meaningless reply, like "Sounds good!", disregarding any questions within the PM itself. Or even things like "Okay, I'm back"...that still disregards questions asked earlier.

I just don't understand it.
Sounds like they have no intention of plotting at all or want a partner for that matter. I think I would bow out of that conversation asap.

I'm not sure if this can be considered as pet peeve or if this belongs here but when they use this realistic face claim and their character has this annoying trait (or that they wont stop shoving this character in your face for no reason...) that now whenever you see this particular face claim anywhere else you now have this urge to hit something because you just can't stand it. 😬😬

When it makes more sense for my partner to write up the opener, but they want me to do it. Clearly the idea is of their making, I just brought my own to the table.
Their character is the holding the Holy Grail of the adventure, the leader, the basis of the idea in the first place and yet, I'm expected to write up the first post. Give me a break.

When it makes more sense for my partner to write up the opener, but they want me to do it. Clearly the idea is of their making, I just brought my own to the table.
Their character is the holding the Holy Grail of the adventure, the leader, the basis of the idea in the first place and yet, I'm expected to write up the first post. Give me a break.
imo, it should be the person who made the RT that makes the introductory post. It was their initial idea, so it should (usually) fall to them. I'm sure there are cases where it is otherwise. But for the most part, it should be the OP.

imo, it should be the person who made the RT that makes the introductory post. It was their initial idea, so it should (usually) fall to them. I'm sure there are cases where it is otherwise. But for the most part, it should be the OP.
Thank you. I would say about 80% of the people I've approached about their idea, have asked me to write the opener. If I tell them no, they'll drop the roleplay. I never understood that. I don't mind doing an opener if it's my idea or the plot can have whatever character enter.

Thank you. I would say about 80% of the people I've approached about their idea, have asked me to write the opener. If I tell them no, they'll drop the roleplay. I never understood that. I don't mind doing an opener if it's my idea or the plot can have whatever character enter.
Writing the opener is the best part, imo. But since I don't do 1x1s or host groups anymore, I don't really get to do it. I have to be satisfied with making an elaborate introductory post of just my character after the scene has been set.

Stop assuming my vampire character is a dominant, abusive male who is obsessed with blood and sexual assault.

I'm not an outlet to live out your kinky fantasies.

And she's a woman >:

Researching for roleplays.

It is an essential part of roleplaying, depending on certain settings, genres and/or characters.

However, there are certain things that a detailed Google search does not cover. Sometimes internet sources are definitely not the best sources, and sometimes the help of a consultant is the best.

Perhaps I am being a bit picky and pretentious, but damn, if I am going to write about something, I want to write it as accurately as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back