Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not liking how no one is talking to me! I’m posting and talking to people and then poof! Nothing from a person for oh let’s say a month?! Like what is going on here?! People stay at home for crying out loud and don’t get this virus!

We all get lapses in responses, I'm having one right now. It does suck but there's little you can really do about it aside from try and reach out to more people or occupy yourself with something else.

I’m not liking how no one is talking to me! I’m posting and talking to people and then poof! Nothing from a person for oh let’s say a month?! Like what is going on here?! People stay at home for crying out loud and don’t get this virus!
I mean, they could just be going to school online or working from home, assuming they don't have a job going out and delivering food or working at a hospital or something.

I’m just annoyed that people join and they don’t seem active at all afterwards. Like what the hell?! You join and you hope people are active, no one is even talking to me on discord anymore, let alone on two other rping sites.

You can stay at home and still get the virus unless literally everyone in your house is on lockdown and you get all your food delivered. Cuz one person can be going to work or the store catch it from there and give it to the rest of you. It’s why the virus is so scary tbf.

Also just every day accidents or inconveniences that have nothing to do with Covid.

Right Now
- one partner broke her hand and had a bad reaction to the pain meds
- two partners had their depression/anxiety flare up
- two partners have work/school things that mean they only really check in like once a week at random
- another one just doesn’t know what to write and is stressing out about it.

Like a lot of reasons for people to stop talking. I just let them take their time and lend an understand ear when they come to me with their issues.

I’m just annoyed that people join and they don’t seem active at all afterwards. Like what the hell?! You join and you hope people are active, no one is even talking to me on discord anymore, let alone on two other rping sites.
Yeah, people are generally pretty flippant though even when there's not a crisis. I'm up for a chat if you want, my fiance is off conquring the world.

I think the dynamic of a not so genius child is much more appealing. The kid who had to struggle Incredibly hard. Ender of Ender’s game comes to mind. My favorite book trilogy “The Night Angels” has an orphan who isn’t a prodigy. He’s just a kid who wanted out of his crappy life.

a perfect example of greatness is boring. Get that crap out of here.I’m here for the struggle.
I wouldn't mind seeing the not so genius child dynamic. That makes more sense to me because with the genius child it's never done right be it in anime or anything else
Like the child is so smart they are able to be on the same level as an adult, make better decisions, not have anything affect them mentally.

I just had an RP partner who makes a big deal about not ghosting just ghost me. After we were getting along OOC, had a good RP going that was fast paced. I knew it was going down hill when one day we were posting back and forth constantly and the next it was like a post every day but damn if it still doesn't hurt to get online and see them leave the Discord server and unfriend you. I even asked if there was anything they wanted to see done or changed and they said no, they were enjoying the roleplay.

I just had an RP partner who makes a big deal about not ghosting just ghost me. After we were getting along OOC, had a good RP going that was fast paced. I knew it was going down hill when one day we were posting back and forth constantly and the next it was like a post every day but damn if it still doesn't hurt to get online and see them leave the Discord server and unfriend you. I even asked if there was anything they wanted to see done or changed and they said no, they were enjoying the roleplay.
That’s unfortunate. Sorry to hear that friendo. Finding those people who are worth the effort is tough.

People who complain or ghost because a story is boring when they've made no effort to play any side/NPC characters or have made no effort to actually help do anything with the story. Reactionary RP is not fun and you're just going to keep being bored in your stories. Learn to cowrite.

How my impatient self cant get it together and just wait for people to join in my group thread. See, im new and excited. While i understand there are 500 people online and at least 1 will think of what i got interesting, i uuh...i cant wait for it! To be back in the groove. Make friends.

Idk the terms for it, but scenarios like these. IC-OOC values dissonance, maybe?

1) You make a character who is a gritty survivor, who has been in a post-apocalyptic hellhole for 20 years, and does whatever they can to survive. Maybe your character's family was even killed by raiders. Then, you capture another player's character that tried to rob you. Suddenly, your character randomly starts believing in fair trials for captured bandits, because you don't wanna upset the person OOCly by killing them.

2) Randomly having your character question the social norms laid out in the lore (especially if it's only because you OOCly disagree with the norms). Such as playing a character who exists in a dystopian setting with widespread propaganda, while acting like none of it ever affected your character ICly. Basically playing a character that is copy-pasted from real life, and somehow automatically knows the propaganda is all fake, instead of figuring it out gradually.

Last edited:
2) Randomly having your character question the social norms laid out in the lore (especially if it's only because you OOCly disagree with the norms). Such as playing a character who exists in a dystopian setting with widespread propaganda, while acting like none of it ever affected your character ICly. Basically playing a character that is copy-pasted from real life, and somehow automatically knows the propaganda is all fake, instead of figuring it out gradually.
I hate this so much, create your own lore if you don't like it.

having people ICly not follow the line is fine, imo, its just when it becomes a proxy character to criticize the GM that it becomes problematic

Randomly having your character question the social norms laid out in the lore (especially if it's only because you OOCly disagree with the norms).
I don't really get the issue with this. I mean, questioning social norms is a pretty common thing for people to do.

I don't really get the issue with this. I mean, questioning social norms is a pretty common thing for people to do.

I'm talking about the extreme end of that, like completely unexplained enlightenment about something, while lacking any details in their backstory/character development to really suggest why they think that way.

Last edited:
i think he means in like an rp set in Egyptian times with a character reciting Karl Marx
Wait, so you telling me that ancient pharaohs never referred to the Communist Manifesto during their reign?! Wow ... everything I know is a lie.

Last edited:
People not reading my search thread where I clearly state what I'm looking for.

I gave a name and a face claim to some side characters and apparently it was a no go and someone left the RP.

I'm really mad. I understand it's no ones fault but so far today, at least 3 people have made me type out a CS and a starter only to say they aren't compatible or give me 3 sentence replies. 3 different CSs, 3 different starters, each taking about an hour each.

People not reading my search thread where I clearly state what I'm looking for.

I gave a name and a face claim to some side characters and apparently it was a no go and someone left the RP.

I'm really mad. I understand it's no ones fault but so far today, at least 3 people have made me type out a CS and a starter only to say they aren't compatible or give me 3 sentence replies. 3 different CSs, 3 different starters, each taking about an hour each.

Id save the starters and just give them to the next person who asks to roleplay. That way they know what their getting into and can’t claim aren’t compatible. Cuz you told them from jump so they don’t got no excuses.

'm really mad. I understand it's no ones fault but so far today, at least 3 people have made me type out a CS and a starter only to say they aren't compatible or give me 3 sentence replies. 3 different CSs, 3 different starters, each taking about an hour each.
This is exactly why I don't do character sheets of any kind. At most people will get a name and a face claim. Nothing more than that. I don't do group RP though so it's a little easier in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back