Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, see, the thing is, i literally asked if we needed to revisit the starter, if they wanted to change anything, still nothing!

I remember running a Jormungand RP a long while ago and for the most part everyone seemed very eager to get going. The characters made looked fantastic and for once in my life, I didn't feel the need to make suggestions.

But when I actually started the RP, the interest just faded away. I was completely confused, all this interest, time and effort and yet somehow it's died before it really even started. I spoke to people in the OOC, some replied that they would get round to it but something has come up and others simply disappeared off the earth. I was perplexed.

I ended up closing the RP, stating my frustration at the group for several weeks without a single post but then it dawned on me that perhaps I was being abit rash about things but at that point, I had already lashed out and probably killed off the good intentions of those that were actively trying to take part but simply had too much on their plate.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is that people will always ghost, not have the time to speak to you or not have the energy to do so at that moment in time. Rather than becoming upset at this, it is perhaps better to simply look elsewhere for the time being until they have the time to reply to you ~ keep trying to forge new relationships and you might find a few with a solid foundation.

I remember running a Jormungand RP a long while ago and for the most part everyone seemed very eager to get going. The characters made looked fantastic and for once in my life, I didn't feel the need to make suggestions.

But when I actually started the RP, the interest just faded away. I was completely confused, all this interest, time and effort and yet somehow it's died before it really even started. I spoke to people in the OOC, some replied that they would get round to it but something has come up and others simply disappeared off the earth. I was perplexed.

I ended up closing the RP, stating my frustration at the group for several weeks without a single post but then it dawned on me that perhaps I was being abit rash about things but at that point, I had already lashed out and probably killed off the good intentions of those that were actively trying to take part but simply had too much on their plate.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is that people will always ghost, not have the time to speak to you or not have the energy to do so at that moment in time. Rather than becoming upset at this, it is perhaps better to simply look elsewhere for the time being until they have the time to reply to you ~ keep trying to forge new relationships and you might find a few with a solid foundation.

that makes sense. even still, it's frustrating. i really liked the plot we had in mind and i'm having trouble finding more people from that fandom, and even more who want to do a certain ship i had in mind. its frustrating and i'm lowkey sad about it cause the perfect rp just...vanished.

People should still not be scumbags and be forthright.

There's a number of PMs that I haven't responded to and there are plenty of PMs i've sent out that haven't been replied to. Does that make us all scumbags? 🤔

no, see, the thing is, i literally asked if we needed to revisit the starter, if they wanted to change anything, still nothing!
I've done something similar before, and while I'm not saying it's what has happened here, this is my experience.

I was chatting with someone and like you, we wanted to do a fandom role play. I'd given them a sample of both my work and the sort of response I was used to getting but they didn't have any of their own as they were new to roleplaying. So they wrote the starter, and frankly, I'd written better things back in primary school. The grammar was all over the place, it made no sense, it was short and the characters were OOC. So I messaged her and explained the problems I had with the starter and wrote a guide on how to improve it until it was fairly substantial. I then responded to her rewritten starter, explaining what I'd done and why, yet her writing still didn't improve. After a few posts I gave up as it wasn't actually fun, just disappointing. She said she got blanked a lot though, which didn't surprise me as many people would've in that scenario. Now I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but if people think the other role player is completely incompatible after receiving their starter they'll sometimes ghost rather than deal with the potential backlash.

True, but there's people that used brexit to justify leaving one RP.

To then join another RP and be active in it.
There's at least a 50/50 chance. It is varyingly harder depending on which country and which region of it thereof, but it doesn't rule out doing crappy things under the guise of life.
I'm British and Brexit is not an excuse, not unless you were severely hungover due to the results.
i know, the thing is though, they see every single one of my messages, they just won't reply. not even a, 'hey, i'm ok!' just like, literally, and this is the plot line it happened: we plan things out in one evening, i ask who they want to start. no reply, i go to bed, wait till the next night. no reply, so i just start for them. they see it, the next day i bump it, the day after that i ask if any revisions need to be made. from how enthusiastic they were, they were excited to start this rp. it was a complete team effort coming up with the plot, not just one sided.
Ah, yeah I've encountered this before. I don't start unless I'm explicitly told to for this exact reason, as otherwise I assume they've lost interest or are starting.

There's a number of PMs that I haven't responded to and there are plenty of PMs i've sent out that haven't been replied to. Does that make us all scumbags? 🤔
It doesn't appear you're refusing to communicate with a RPing partner after an extended period of time, so probably not?

Aye, my point being that just because someone hasn't replied to you.. in months 😅 doesn't mean they've given up on you. There's an awful lot going on in people's lives, replying to a online forum may have to wait whilst they focus on other things ~ better to sort out their issues so that they can return and enjoy themselves.

In the meanwhile, how many other people are on this site? ten's if not hundred's of thousands? Plenty of other fish in the sea.

A lot of people on this site are also flakes who don't know how to have basic one-line communication.

All I'm saying is it takes little effort to send a one line sentence saying "I am busy so I will not be able to post in a timely fashion." or something of the same extent. Communication and Honesty are important in collaboration.

The attention seekers. The ones that feel because people have not expressed interest in their ideas right then and there, they want to give up completely on roleplay. They'll write message after message about how no one wants to write with them, their ideas never get off the ground, they are ready to just give up and when people do offer kind words they just ignore them to repeat the cycle of complaining.

The site. My notifications. Fix.

No, I am not going to check my emails just for roleplay notifications.

The attention seekers. The ones that feel because people have not expressed interest in their ideas right then and there, they want to give up completely on roleplay. They'll write message after message about how no one wants to write with them, their ideas never get off the ground, they are ready to just give up and when people do offer kind words they just ignore them to repeat the cycle of complaining.
This. So very acurate.

I don't understand why people are trying to have RPs where the currency is based on Copper, Silver and Gold coins..

we all know what the true currency is:
paper.gif

The site. My notifications. Fix.

No, I am not going to check my emails just for roleplay notifications.
We're just as frustrated as you over this. >_> It's an ongoing problem we most definitely intend to fix, it's just a bit of a mess, suffice it to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back