Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, how do I put this...
Anyway, yikes, everything I keep in my head is embarrassing for others...
So first things first, everyone is just a random person who just chats on a website, I... Haha... This is getting awkward already...
Next, usually I don't say this, but when people are gone, I respect them if they either ghost, are very busy, or just drop the thread altogether. Heck, sometimes I do that as well
Thirds things third, other people such as the staff members are nice people, I've never seen or met an administrator on a chatting website
Lastly, profiles of great people who reply all the time... Sorta... Sucks, it's not that the profile is bad it's just... If you're going to reply, might as well, post something on a profile

That's it, I'm done...
Don't expect me to answer embarrassing things again...

A pet peeve I've recently discovered is people who use the term godmodding too liberally.

For example, I've seen so many who seemingly unironically believes that describing a character as being good looking or a good public speaker is godmodding.

That's plain ridonkulous.

I mean, it undeniably does. A character that can both fly and has superstrength is pretty much always gonna end up stronger than one with just flight.
If your characters can have multiple powers, nobody's gonna pick just flight.

I agree, with both of you
If an oc has multiple powers/talent/magical powers, nobody wants to pick just one, they want to pick all
Same goes for me

Point taken. XD
There's also the idea of incorporating an ability like flight into your character's main power, i.e using fire to fly or creating wings out of energy or ice or something. Little loopholes to exploit in the "one power" rule. 😄

Enough of this "you get one power" bullshit I'm sick of it. The amount of powers a character has barely correlates to how strong they are. I want to play a flying brick, dammit.
People generally have weird priorities in superhero RPs, if they have priorities about them at all. I think people are scared to get comic book-y for some reason. They'd rather be like the movies, MHA or Worm than anything. If they do try to be like the comics, it's the generic idea of what a superhero event comic is.
I know this community can do better.
I mean, it undeniably does. A character that can both fly and has superstrength is pretty much always gonna end up stronger than one with just flight.
I only think that's a problem if you have a massive power player who picks fights with other characters for no reason.
If you run an RP, you should have workarounds for that kind of thing, like saying 'no' to that kind of person.

I only think that's a problem if you have a massive power player who picks fights with other characters for no reason.
I'm not saying that it's a problem, just that the statement "The amount of powers a character has barely correlates to how strong they are" isn't true.

People generally have weird priorities in superhero RPs, if they have priorities about them at all. I think people are scared to get comic book-y for some reason. They'd rather be like the movies, MHA or Worm than anything. If they do try to be like the comics, it's the generic idea of what a superhero event comic is.
I know this community can do better.
I know right? I hate it so much. Even then, BNHA and Worm have noticeable trends in power creation that they don't follow. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a superhero rp.

I know right? I hate it so much. Even then, BNHA and Worm have noticeable trends in power creation that they don't follow. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a superhero rp.
I'd be first in line to try running a standalone RP, but I'm already running the quarter of an RP. I might join one, if anyone else wants to take the plunge.

I'd be first in line to try running a standalone RP, but I'm already running the quarter of an RP. I might join one, if anyone else wants to take the plunge.
I'm trying to start one, but it's currently a mess.

Throughout my entire life, I kept pushing people away.

On the topic of "The things we don't say," I have only three things to say. One, you are worth more than you could ever imagine. Two, you never have to change who you are for anyone or for any reason. And finally, no one is perfect.

Sometimes the things we don't say, or want to say but cannot, are the things that can change a person's life forever. Other times, they can hurt more than anything.

Always remember, as long as you draw breath, you can always start over.

Oh, this reply isn't in line with the original post? True, but it might help someone someday. At least I can only hope.

My next one will be in stereotypical green text meme fashion. Besides the last one. This essentially builds up to a anti-climatic 3-4 liner.

>Be me. Douchebag loki greentexter without green text.
>join a developmental fantasy RP on some rando site.
>Spawn south as the only competent magitech state surrounded by magic bros.
>northern techies suddenly go full psychotic and genocide each other.
>southern-central, islanders, and southern hemisphere countries all peaceful.
>the GM denies your neighbor illusion magic, but is tots cool upping techy naval limits.
>Buys fifty ships from neighbors and I pay their foreign crews.
>quickly get great rep with every southern power and begin trade.
>New wave of joiners.
>When some colossal asshat sees you try inventing some piece of technology for months on end, constantly adding onto it and detailing it greatly, detailing the critical need certain things here and there, the slow insertion and bolting down of panel segments after wiring, and this asshole invents it in a single post and it's all cool and dandy.
>Posted a 300 page "essay" about it to the GM.
>Still not allowed to create my own until another five pages, and the other guy literally was a techy going magitech slowly with my exact ideas.
>All I can add by this final stage is superficial edits.
>The blood wars™ rage on and a new alliance forms for ganging.
>this same asshat posts a map showing their alliance's trade routes, exclusive territories and lanes, etc.
>This boi trying to steal 95% of the south's resources with 50% being by heavy influence. My travel and thousands years old fishing, mining, etc lanes taken up and my island missing. Not taken or recolored, wiped off the map.
>My Queen responds with *YOUWAT.JPG*
>Northern survivor's diplomats are super dicks. At this point there are 3 excluding the GM.
>They have a modern and magic powered god fleet of thousands of ships and fifty carriers.
>regroup with my five south bros. Forms the Unified States of Utari Remos. I look entirely out of place like a communist in between a fascist alliance. "I am as surprised as you are." To the GM.
>Northern techies want to rule the RP with my shit. Begins operation WWII.Gif. takes forever to arrive.
>The USUR gang raid a local convoy and steal their carriers, but we all have mostly wooden ships.
>I finally create the VDS Victora [not a typo] with another two in the next page.
>Supergangbros wipe USUR islander states and occupy them, while ever more on their painfully slow and ominous sailing towards our continent.
>we use giant squids to harass this massive fuckoff 1,000 ship fleet but it does nothing. Most of it is comprised of cruisers and destroyers. They start launching bombers and blast USUR north. The last thing northbro does is sending a magical recording of the attack and fleet info to southbros.
>We gather all the eldest wizards and witches to the southeastern coast with our 150 navy and bolstered by 133 flying gunboats that look like HMS Warrior.
>the techies finally reach us as we complete the ritual to temporarily render most of then fleet invisible but they teleport somewhere as a consequence by the GM.
>Fucktheseguys.PNG.
>Gets swarmed by endless waves of aircraft.
>1942BattleOfLosAngeles.PNG, as thousands of mages end up smiting themselves, and the skies are continuously red, and filled with magic amplified noise causing deafening booms and screams. Absolute PTSD simulator over here.
>Sends out the remaining fleet and airships, that quickly get ripped apart as their mages die while trying shielding it with their bodies. We send some to just ram into their better advanced ships, and have marines climb on board some of them.
>Techies and the GM rages as serpent teams sneak up to their carriers and begin marine boarding operations.
>One of my newer but heavily damaged ships accompanied by three flying ships strike down a destroyer, lightning bolt a battleship apart, blows three cruisers into five pieces, and sacrifices most of themselves to ram into a carrier.
>Braindead techies complain our tactics and strategies should be useless, despite the fact that they're all grouped together mostly without cover, moving in a straight line at 20 knots, and most ships are blocking the others from engaging. While we are attacking from many angles, from below, and we aren't wasting all our air support on minimal targets.
>USUR gang begins training some of the enemy "naval rifles" on them techgang. This only furthers the chaos. Soon, they turn on the ships we are still trying to fully capture even, and some miss hitting their perfectly fine and normal "capital" ships.
>The rest of our fleet from before reappears in random spots, and we use magic communication methods to coordinate relocation to be in the north, preventing enemy escape.
>our "flying devils" flying mages join in battle as the Victora and half of the ghost fleet moves in. They dive on the enemy carriers, hammering through reserve planes and speed diving literally through the carriers to the keel from the flight decks and other ships' turrets in more suicidal dives that detonate ammunition.
Some mages fly off the bow of the Victora with massive 13 meter long torpedoes. One group gets smited by a shell throwing water into the sky, and the rest make it and sink a battleship.
>from here our fleet alone successfully harassing them, but we keep being merciless. We throw everything available nearby at them.
>We end up sinking half and a quarter of their entire navies in that fleet and capturing the rest. We now have fifteen carriers that can carry our flying mage infantry, allowing 500 at a time. But we lost most of our fleet. They only own coastal defense ships now.
>HolyGodItIsOPfullyBeautiful
>while the techies complain and scream at the GMs and some regroup, we form up 5 million men. Only 3 of us remain, but 2 techies as one fell to civil war, and another quit.
>Andrew WK Ready To Die song here. [Also did that literally.]
>We raid the GM and the last remaining northern powers.
>Gets to the colossal asshat's capital since it is on the coastline.
>Not even say anything, just posted a meme ooc.
>fights the Alliance Leader by CQC, and my sergeant rips a pipe off the wall and impales them with it. RP dies and GM quits.
>Some time later, joins RPN and ends up in Rifles and Runes and doesnt take the theme seriously in the first installment because everybody was meming. Focused on a story more than my name and look which was literally British Germany.
>the development part of history happens again, and the tech bias. I'm in the south again surrounded by magic users. But no alliances, real war, etc happens.
>GM denies THE magic man from having gardening magic.
>Even had a wooden fleet VS modern navy battle reenactment but mostly 1 on 1 and less chaotic.
>the naval battle happened because I released a messenger pigeon, and by a flip of a coin the totally not war fleet thought it was a threat and opened fire.
>Who and why the fuck does people always keep sending damn near a hundred warships on a supposedly diplomatic mission?!?!? That's a war declarey thing in of itself.
>second installment I invaded a reckless civil warring "ally" and tried going for their capital at the coast. Whenever I get my PC back or if my friend still has it I could show the war plans even to prove it. End story for this part.
>Decides to join my first discord nation builder in about October maybe, somewhere before the internet fully shit itself towards the end of 2019 proper and I had some access to the internet on a previous device. The RP used dice, and whatever number you got was the amount of pixels you could use to alter the map during a war. You got to roll like 3 times and that was for one front. We all contributed to get the GM to make that a mechanic.
>Ends up in a war with a warmongering flaunty colossal asshat that is also modding the server. Doesn't really go full out because they seem new.
>We share stories ooc of our experiences and they talk about one RP in particular. He and a bunch of friends joined a nation builder with magic in it type roleplay. I think it's someone from rifles and runes.
>He goes on to say how we plotted to save his alliance, but "Then some douchebag powergamed us and killed me." Feels sad for him. I proceed to ask what it looked like.
>Shows me a certain familiar map.
>WaitAMinute.Gif.
>Realizes this is the same motherfucker from the first story of this entire multi-story greentext. Ramps up my war effort, and continues to steamroll this absolute genius of a man. I open an amphibious front to his west while coming in from the north.
>Literally gives him a meme, and why I still have it saved on my device presently.
9d9.pngbasically that idea at least if not the actual meme, anyway. Got five other memes I've saved over the years and carried over to my new device for purposes like this. That one is however, the newest meme both for that purpose, and when a blank version of this was created back in like near-mid November. So meh. I've also used this meme once elsewhere on here because I like it so much. I do believe it was either this, or a Parasyte image with the same meme/text on it. Those two be the only ones I got saved on either device. Both work equally for dicking with these people so I guess it doesn't matter.

You will see why I can't exactly remember which one I used later in the story.
>He seems to have gotten better and over half of my army dies trying to fight this IC 7 year long war. The RP lasted a month.
>Ends up capturing his president and forces him to sign something worse than Versailles.
>Immediately puts a bullet in the president's head afterwards. Effectively destroying his country with no means to recover.
>Absolute unit and me gets in a heated fight that got worse after that scene, and ends with him deleting the room before I can give him this:

"You stole my tech, you wiped entire roleplayers, and then you tried spinning your story to make me look like you. You deserve every single bit of this gankspanking. Consider it as your failure of understanding the rules."
>Everybody flips out and I get removed. Albeit I was being a mega asshole to the guy and his supporters.
>Honestly, like a prolonged land war in R&R if it happened, if dice were not involved I probably wouldn't of won that.
>ReikoTamuraPsychoticLaughingAtMirror.gif

Also this other one:

I have recently been wanting to tell a certain someone that their hiding of essential units on the CS and IC is bullshit. I and others would very much prefer if they could be less ghostly unless they never want to fight IC. Whereupon committing to an attack and helping one shot an entire fleet with another player is one example of how bad and untrustworthy it is. HOWEVER, upon finally going to a previous RP because his tag doesn't work, I saw that he was last online at some point in 2019. The only way to tell him is on discord, and he might not return. Though I think I might of posted this one before.

Saves me having to plot out this elaborate text wall then. For anyone that actually read this, I apologize for making you bleed just to get here.

I almost always just think my partner's characters are wildly more interesting and funny and great than mine. I constantly wonder why they keep tagging me back because everything about their replies and writing is clearly superior. Obviously they get something out of it, but I look at THEIR characters and then MINE and I just do a math lady meme face.

I really, really want to start a military-themed RP... but i'm just so fed up with the typical Call of Duty character clichés that i've lost all hope on having a good time.

send help (and cuddles) 😭

I really, really want to start a military-themed RP... but i'm just so fed up with the typical Call of Duty character clichés that i've lost all hope on having a good time.

send help (and cuddles) 😭
Well, can't help with the military RP that's not my best subject. But you can borrow my personal cuddle expert.

IMG_20181228_180041.jpg

You're welcome. I know it's rather annoying when you have an original story idea that fanatics look at and try to turn to their fandom.

Aye, I ran a group RP last year about a travelling arms dealer and his group of bodyguards (Based heavily on the Jormungand Anime) and from the outset it was rather apparent that certain members of the group weren't likely to set in with the rest of the team. Within the opening post, one already said they would 'hack the company' and take all their funding at the first sign of trouble.. yay.. can't wait to work with this person.. i'm so hyped and overjoyed at the possibility of them draining our money behind our backs and then running off with zero repercussions for their actions.

yay... :xFfrown:

People in group settings who basically make your same character, but they make them a little bit more.

Two quick examples:
- I wrote an especially tall male character from a certain country, with a certain accent. Guy in very small group adds a second character. From the same place, speaks the same way, one inch taller.
- In a superpowered RP, someone with her own unrelated power added my character's only power to her abilities.

Not the worst thing in the world, but in a small group setting, it sort of steps on the copied person's toes.

Aye, I ran a group RP last year about a travelling arms dealer and his group of bodyguards (Based heavily on the Jormungand Anime) and from the outset it was rather apparent that certain members of the group weren't likely to set in with the rest of the team. Within the opening post, one already said they would 'hack the company' and take all their funding at the first sign of trouble.. yay.. can't wait to work with this person.. i'm so hyped and overjoyed at the possibility of them draining our money behind our backs and then running off with zero repercussions for their actions.

yay... :xFfrown:

Yeah. I do 1 x 1 and run into RPs that go nowhere because of these disruptive character types.

"So your character has been talking to my characters in a degrading manner and making threats. He caused the issue that started the problem because he's greedy. Your entire city you wanted to make is full of slavers and thieves from the leaders to the kids. Their is no good guys to help. Even your 'good' town leader is a slaver who bragged his freemen aren't allowed to speak out if they disagree with him or he ruins their lives. And now my character should feel bad your characters con artist friend was captured because your character messed up. You keep trying to defend everything OOC while blatantly showing differently in the actual story. You try to tell me your character is a good guy at heart yet actually had him thinking of selling my character to a trader. You keep trying to blame my characters by retconing them being the problem and then getting mad when I actually use what you wrote to contradict you. Then you keep trying to railroad my characters into S*** out of character. Here's the ending. My character leaves not caring if your character and the city get burned to the ground like Saddam and Gamora"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back