Viewpoint What is one thing you wish to roleplay, without getting judged?

Honestly, I'd love to do an RP where the characters just... kinda... snap. They'd go completely insane. Maybe they were already insane to begin with, and they were hiding it behind a facade of normalcy, but then they slip up and that facade cracks (I love characters like that). But no romance would be involved, no "sane character saves crazy character from themselves and helps them heal", nothing like that. Just some deeply mentally disturbed characters going around being insane and screwing everything up.
As much as I would love to do something like that, it'd also be pretty intimidating... because I don't even come close to having the mind of one of those characters, lol. (I'm just fascinated by them for some inexplicable reason.) I'd have to do a lot of research to feel like I was creating an accurate character. I've already done research on various mental conditions, but not enough.

Go do some research on Charles Manson, this guy is completely insane, maybe it could help you develop a character who snaps

Dinosaurs. Any roleplay involving dinosaurs and humans. I would love to roleplay a savage utahraptor that hunts down humans. Plus just roleplaying dinosaurs sounds freaking awesome. Jurrassic Park roleplay anyone? No? Just me?

Okay....

Dinosaurs. Any roleplay involving dinosaurs and humans. I would love to roleplay a savage utahraptor that hunts down humans. Plus just roleplaying dinosaurs sounds freaking awesome. Jurrassic Park roleplay anyone? No? Just me?

Okay....

I was literally just watching videos about dinosaurs. I've never considered a role play including dinosaurs, but that's actually a freaking awesome idea. If you want, I could do a rp with you. I actually love utah and dakotarptors. Just as long as we go with the most recent, updated reconstructions, and not the outdated ones in jurassic park.

I was literally just watching videos about dinosaurs. I've never considered a role play including dinosaurs, but that's actually a freaking awesome idea. If you want, I could do a rp with you. I actually love utah and dakotarptors. Just as long as we go with the most recent, updated reconstructions, and not the outdated ones in jurassic park.
I honestly prefer the outdated reconstructions to be honest, they just seem more terrifying. But if we are going with the more accurate feathered dinosaurs, then sure. We should write an interest check to see if anyone else is onboard. We can do a Jurrassic Park RP but with more updated dinosaurs.

I honestly prefer the outdated reconstructions to be honest, they just seem more terrifying. But if we are going with the more accurate feathered dinosaurs, then sure. We should write an interest check to see if anyone else is onboard. We can do a Jurrassic Park RP but with more updated dinosaurs.

Yeah, that'd be really cool. If we could use the same setting of 'dinosaurs are reconstructed on a remote island,' it might not even be necessary to have it exactly similar to Jurassic park; just the same premise. As for what's scarier, I actually think feathers can be just as, if not more, scary than scaly dinosaurs. Maybe it's because they look less like movie monsters and more like something you could encounter in real life, making them seem more real of a threat.

Honestly, I'd love to do an RP where the characters just... kinda... snap. They'd go completely insane. Maybe they were already insane to begin with, and they were hiding it behind a facade of normalcy, but then they slip up and that facade cracks (I love characters like that). But no romance would be involved, no "sane character saves crazy character from themselves and helps them heal", nothing like that. Just some deeply mentally disturbed characters going around being insane and screwing everything up.
As much as I would love to do something like that, it'd also be pretty intimidating... because I don't even come close to having the mind of one of those characters, lol. (I'm just fascinated by them for some inexplicable reason.) I'd have to do a lot of research to feel like I was creating an accurate character. I've already done research on various mental conditions, but not enough.
yees omg bro same
I kinda do that on a smaller level. Even though I’m fairly new, all of my characters so far have either had really weird things happen to them or have somewhat snapped

Yeah, that'd be really cool. If we could use the same setting of 'dinosaurs are reconstructed on a remote island,' it might not even be necessary to have it exactly similar to Jurassic park; just the same premise. As for what's scarier, I actually think feathers can be just as, if not more, scary than scaly dinosaurs. Maybe it's because they look less like movie monsters and more like something you could encounter in real life, making them seem more real of a threat.
Hmmm. Now that I visualize it. Watching a giant bird running toward you does look terrifying. We can do a similiar premise. Then we can do a disaster like Jurrassic Park. Then have our dinosaur characters either hunt down their human creators or save them if they have enough bonds. But it's so similiar to Jurrassic Park, you might as well make it a Jurrassic Park RP. Except dinosaurs created by a rival company who wanted more authentic dinosaurs. It can even be in another island as to not conflict with the Jurrassic Park canon.

Hmmm. Now that I visualize it. Watching a giant bird running toward you does look terrifying. We can do a similiar premise. Then we can do a disaster like Jurrassic Park. Then have our dinosaur characters either hunt down their human creators or save them if they have enough bonds. But it's so similiar to Jurrassic Park, you might as well make it a Jurrassic Park RP. Except dinosaurs created by a rival company who wanted more authentic dinosaurs. It can even be in another island as to not conflict with the Jurrassic Park canon.

Yeah, that would actually make a lot of sense. With all the hype that would surround dinos being brought back to life, other organisations would definitely try similar things. Not interrupting with canon would be great, too. It could make way for a lot of interesting plot points. Having dinosaur whisperers like Owen Grady in Jurassic World could be fun, too. So is one of us going to create an interest check then? Would you like to discuss exact plot points more first?

Yeah, that would actually make a lot of sense. With all the hype that would surround dinos being brought back to life, other organisations would definitely try similar things. Not interrupting with canon would be great, too. It could make way for a lot of interesting plot points. Having dinosaur whisperers like Owen Grady in Jurassic World could be fun, too. So is one of us going to create an interest check then? Would you like to discuss exact plot points more first?
Ok so I've seen the movie and it was great and this sounds great. A lot of opportunities for characters with diverse abilities, too...

We have the intital premise. And I think we should give the players a choice to play humans as well. I think one of us should do the interest check. People do seem interested. Just don't be surprised if they want to have the scaly dinosaurs that are the stable of Jurrassic Park or even play a Hybrid dinosaur. Also it should take place before the events of Jurrassic World during the what ten year window when it was open.

Yeah, human and dino players is a good idea. As for different dinosaur interpretations and hybrids... It's an organisation experimenting with creating dinosaurs, right? That leaves room for scaly, feathered and everything in between. So would you like to make an interest check it should I?

Yeah, human and dino players is a good idea. As for different dinosaur interpretations and hybrids... It's an organisation experimenting with creating dinosaurs, right? That leaves room for scaly, feathered and everything in between. So would you like to make an interest check it should I?
Depends on who is good at writing an interest check. I could try to do it but I am not that good at GMing, I'm more of a roleplayer.

Depends on who is good at writing an interest check. I could try to do it but I am not that good at GMing, I'm more of a roleplayer.

I haven't really been a GM many times before, but I could do it. However, I'm worried that I may become disinterested. Not that I'm not interested, just that I sometimes have periods of not wanting to RP, and I'm afraid if one of those happens I might abandon the RP without a game master. I could still help you run it... I could be a mod of sorts, if you'd like, but I would prefer for you to do it, if that's ok. I could even write a introductory/blurb thing explaining the plot in a dramatic way, if you'd like. Just have you post it.

I haven't really been a GM many times before, but I could do it. However, I'm worried that I may become disinterested. Not that I'm not interested, just that I sometimes have periods of not wanting to RP, and I'm afraid if one of those happens I might abandon the RP without a game master. I could still help you run it... I could be a mod of sorts, if you'd like, but I would prefer for you to do it, if that's ok. I could even write a introductory/blurb thing explaining the plot in a dramatic way, if you'd like. Just have you post it.
Hmmm. I would like that. I will write my own interest check as well.

I once had a RP a few years ago that was literally just my character torturing my partners character. That was it. We were both super into it, but I gradually drifted away because my tablet was really old and it was having a hard time running Amino, which is what we were role playing on, and it was frustrating even waiting for it to load. Unfortunately, I've lost contact with that person now.

In any case, if I learnt anything, it's that I love torturing characters, which sounds really morbid now that I've written it, but I like to look at it this way; if I'm being a diabolical psychopathic torturer in fiction, then I'm letting out my inner sadist in a safe and harmless manner. No real life people are hurt by this. Of course, I'm was never going to do anything like it in real life anyway - I actually hate IRL conflict.

But yeah, torturing characters, my character getting tortured, dark themes such as mental health and things like stockholm syndrome, sadism and masochism - something about those topics really engage me in the RP a lot more than with tamer RPs. I'm also open to most of the darker, more taboo subjects, like incest, abusive relationships, ect. I actually haven't done that much role playing recently, and I want to get back into it, so if you enjoy the same sorts of things I do, I'd love to RP.
interesting. You are literally a madman, and I should be absolutely terrified of you. Let's rp. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back