Viewpoint What is one thing you wish to roleplay, without getting judged?

The Plains of Passage was the one I had a hard time with too. It was just so. much. walking.

And absolutely! I'm so glad to have found another person who shares my interest!
Yeah, and for some reason the writing really annoyed me in that one. And the repetitive coupling got very tedious very fast. But I liked seeing the new people, especially seeing Clan people again.

Same! I don't know if I've met anyone else who knew it.

So I started at the first page and
RavenWing13 RavenWing13 and Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
As it happens my favorite roleplay character is a self harming, deeply damaged serial killer! Which is crazy since I'm a rather effervescent extrovert irl. I guess that character is all the darkest parts of me that are embodied into someone who can do evil but also brought to redemption :)

I'm probably alone in this, but I love meandering, lighthearted RPs. No drama, no heavy plot, no contrived romance, just good wholesome fun. It seems like most of the people at my writing level (2-3+ literate paragraphs) only want to play really intense, emotional stories. I mean, that's not to say that I hate gritty, complex RPs (I actually love them). It's just that a lot of the time I wish that it wasn't all anyone ever wanted to do.

I guess if we're going specific, I'd give the world for a South Park RP that was just like the show: fun, silly, a bit dark, but not taking itself too seriously. ^_^

Me to
I’m not into drama filled rp
Maybe we can rp some time

Fluff. I want to rp pure simple fluff without being judged.
Because "fluff is boring, romance is boring, everything is so cliché". And I also usually do action rp, rather than romance, so there isn't much place for fluff in there anyway. Sometimes I just want that "cute meaningless fluff" for a change.

Fluff. I want to rp pure simple fluff without being judged.
Because "fluff is boring, romance is boring, everything is so cliché". And I also usually do action rp, rather than romance, so there isn't much place for fluff in there anyway. Sometimes I just want that "cute meaningless fluff" for a change.
This x 1000. Just give me happy-good-feelies man. There can still be a plot and story driven in a fluffy romance RP. There's drama, there's heartbreak, there's celebrating. Ugh.

There's wayyy more than one thing and I'm even too ashamed to outright say it here. Let's just say there are some problematic dynamics that I'm willing to explore from a psychological standpoint, but the only other people willing to do this are just disgraceful and have a much different agenda.

On a different note, I would be up for doing a slow-burn romance with little to no payoff, but I'm very sure that absolutely no one would be interested lol.

On a different note, I would be up for doing a slow-burn romance with little to no payoff, but I'm very sure that absolutely no one would be interested lol.

*laughs*

I feel like my romances never have payoff, but so far (*knock on wood*) my partners aren't complaining. Once two characters openly admit their mutual appreciation of each other, I feel like things get dull fast. I need tension on every page.

Honestly, I'd love to do an RP where the characters just... kinda... snap. They'd go completely insane. Maybe they were already insane to begin with, and they were hiding it behind a facade of normalcy, but then they slip up and that facade cracks (I love characters like that). But no romance would be involved, no "sane character saves crazy character from themselves and helps them heal", nothing like that. Just some deeply mentally disturbed characters going around being insane and screwing everything up.
As much as I would love to do something like that, it'd also be pretty intimidating... because I don't even come close to having the mind of one of those characters, lol. (I'm just fascinated by them for some inexplicable reason.) I'd have to do a lot of research to feel like I was creating an accurate character. I've already done research on various mental conditions, but not enough.

Last edited:
If someone would throw me a Little Less 16 Candles AU where band members are either vampires or vampire hunters, I would be forever grateful <3

I love the dark and gritty. I also love to explore how different tragedies affect the people who experienced them. In short, I love to throw characters into the centre of major tragic events in history. Think things like genocide, slavery, disasters, etc. I know some people do RP those things, but I have been judged in the past for taking interest in those sorts of things.

Romance. So much romance.

I've been roleplaying on another site for a long time where everyone thought romance was boring and overdone and they would judge people for focusing on romance-based roleplays. I had to hold myself back and not let my characters express their need for love. I'd avoid romance prompts, I'd avoid people roleplaying canon characters that I shipped my canon characters with. Heck, I remember getting rude messages for doing some roleplays that had a focus on romance. I'm so tired of it, I just want romance in my adventures!

And canon/oc. Now that I'm finally giving in and letting myself pair off my ocs with canon characters from games, I'm really into it.

Politics, war and society as it is in real life. That means all the nasty stuff including brutal conflicts of ethnic nature, extremism and so on. Not many people can stomach that but there are so many interesting scenarios you could get from it. Especially if you're interested in sociology and politics.

When it comes to OCs I tend to add one or two elements of myself. Not self-inserts, just folks that have a little bit of me in them so I can relate to them and thus write them better. Now, given the massive (recent) self-discovery thing I've made a few characters I've played (not just in RPs but tabletop games) transgender.
I've only role-played two characters of the sort but I could see how such a character would be, ehh... I know a few people were really weirded out when a character in a tabletop setting was trans, but one of those people in particular turned out to be a horrible person anyway.

That's a character element though. In terms of actual RP I'd go with some dark alternate history stuff or demons. Now, there's obviously plenty of RPs involving demons but I'm talking about actually role-playing as the demons. Getting into fights with angels and messing with mortals. That would be a ton of fun but I feel like people would be really uncomfortable or take the concept too far.

What do I mean by too far? Well I'm a tabletop DM as well as an RP runner and the last time I allowed my players to do all out with evil characters I only had one rule on what they couldn't do. You see where this is going? A player did it anyway to see what would happen and "push my buttons". His character was brutally murdered, I stopped running that game and I'm not friends with them anymore (same person who got weird about the transgender Druid).

Politics, war and society as it is in real life. That means all the nasty stuff including brutal conflicts of ethnic nature, extremism and so on. Not many people can stomach that but there are so many interesting scenarios you could get from it. Especially if you're interested in sociology and politics.

Sounds like we could be potential RP partners.

I've been in RPs where people have played characters like that. Although, they were all from fandoms.

I want to play an OC. Gosshh that would be so cool.

Also, another thing I would want to play (more like an idea not a type of person) is incest. It doesn’t disgust me, (or does it have to include sexual scenes like most people associate ‘incest’);it’s just fascinating how we or I would write a person having a forbidden love to a sibling. Ahahhahahaha

Also, another thing I would want to play (more like an idea not a type of person) is incest. It doesn’t disgust me, (or does it have to include sexual scenes like most people associate ‘incest’);it’s just fascinating how we or I would write a person having a forbidden love to a sibling. Ahahhahahaha
This is one particular thing I was afraid to mention outright because it's so hard to find people that would write this without it being fetish-y so I wouldn't blame anyone if they assumed I was that way as well lol. Despite what a lot of people claim, I'm not so sure many can actually fully separate reality and fiction, at least not in roleplaying. I say that because I've yet to find anyone that's willing to RP incest without having creepy opinions about it in real life or trying to make it seem completely healthy and normal for the characters to be in these relationships. There are a lot of things I would RP (realistically without excusing or whitewashing the characters' actions) that I find completely abhorrent in real life. Weirdos don't seem to get this at all.

I really want to do

I really want u to do incest rp with me!! Xx

i actually have quite a few guilty pleasures when it comes to roleplaying :b

to me, character interactions and dynamics are at least one or two rungs higher in the importance ladder when it comes to roleplaying? i like things that range from just cute fluff to two equals with some majorly BELLIGERENT sexual tension to more serious topics like exploring abusive relationships, whether from parent or partner.

while im not sure if i want those to be the main course for a roleplay, i do enjoy those greatly! as per the actual roleplay as a whole, chimneyswift aint alone when it comes to love for a lighthearted, wholesome story. i like big gritty plots, too, but sometimes you just gotta turn your brain off and just have fun, yknow? plus, theres nothing like writing the shenanigans that the characters get into when theres no plot to restrain them

I once had a RP a few years ago that was literally just my character torturing my partners character. That was it. We were both super into it, but I gradually drifted away because my tablet was really old and it was having a hard time running Amino, which is what we were role playing on, and it was frustrating even waiting for it to load. Unfortunately, I've lost contact with that person now.

In any case, if I learnt anything, it's that I love torturing characters, which sounds really morbid now that I've written it, but I like to look at it this way; if I'm being a diabolical psychopathic torturer in fiction, then I'm letting out my inner sadist in a safe and harmless manner. No real life people are hurt by this. Of course, I'm was never going to do anything like it in real life anyway - I actually hate IRL conflict.

But yeah, torturing characters, my character getting tortured, dark themes such as mental health and things like stockholm syndrome, sadism and masochism - something about those topics really engage me in the RP a lot more than with tamer RPs. I'm also open to most of the darker, more taboo subjects, like incest, abusive relationships, ect. I actually haven't done that much role playing recently, and I want to get back into it, so if you enjoy the same sorts of things I do, I'd love to RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back