Experiences What are some RP ideas you've always wanted to try?

I want to play a strategy/tactical game where instead of nations or city states, the players play as colonies of ants. There could be a map with like 30-50 'territories' all spread throughout a small back yard or something, and players could spend turns advancing into new territory or hunting, which would be how one gains 'money' in the form of units of calories. There could be different types of ants that a player could buy with calories and each time they got say, three into a group that group could act as a pawn on the game board, each able to act once per round. I think combat would have to be a simple sort of rock, paper, scissors type of thing in order not to bloat rounds into a series of week-long calculations.

Would be cool though.

Probably a really weird idea, but I'd love to do a pre-war MCU with Steve, Bucky and Peggy. I'd love to add in a few of my OC's as well, and just play some funtimes before Bucky falls.

A weird RP idea of mine, but Pokemon if Humans didn't exist, (Basically real life, but, instead of Humans, Pokemon). This is something I've always wanted to do, but I either
1) Get ghosted
2) "Sorry, I'm not into playing as Pokemon"
3) (This has happened before) "EW, FUCKING FURRY"​

A weird RP idea of mine, but Pokemon if Humans didn't exist, (Basically real life, but, instead of Humans, Pokemon). This is something I've always wanted to do, but I either
1) Get ghosted
2) "Sorry, I'm not into playing as Pokemon"
3) (This has happened before) "EW, FUCKING FURRY"​

Oh, kind of like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but in a modern setting without all the dungeon exploring, right? Sounds neat to me, it sucks that people haven't been as into it.

I've got an obscure little fandom very few have heard of, much less roleplayed about.

Dinotopia

An island that exists outside the bounds of time where not only do dinosaurs still live, but they are sentient and coexist alongside humans. James Gurney created such a pure, innocent world of imagination, with some rich lore if you start digging. I DEVOURED the books when I was a kid, and one of my first rp characters was based off of the books.

Problem is that the movie and mini series was awful and didn't capture the magic of the place at all.

I want so badly to return to that sweet, innocent time.

I have quite a few prompts that I haven't found anyone to do them with. One of them involves one of my wolves being a form of assassin in an anthro cyberpunk setting. Could go any number of directions really, but I could see them going against his creators or something like that. I do hope I'll find someone someday, I have to, still need to find some new RP partners.

...wolves being a form of assassin....

I don't see dogs or wolves as terribly stealthy. They're kind of loud to be honest.

Hear a strange noise at night? Bork until you can't anymore.

Someone comes too close? Bork until you can't anymore.

You can see the moon? Bork and howl at it to display your superiority.

One role I do see a wolf excelling in is the dogged pursuit of some criminal or target. Imagine a lone gunman following a criminal across miles and miles of untamed wilderness. I think the natural endurance of a canine would do well there. I've heard that a timber wolf can basically keep up a brisk jog for several days in a row without having to rest. That's a pretty awesome power.

I always wanted to do a mysterious mansion rp with my OC. It was gifted to her by her great aunt who happens to be a witch. It would grant the greatest desire to whoever opened the door and her desire would be living with a bunch of characters from various games and anime. I doubt I'll ever get this idea fulfilled but I thought it was unique at least.

For me, I wanna do “The Town Where everyone is nice” in Ducktales. It can have violence. I was thinking to do it in like USA, London, or Brazil. You guys should watch it. You can be townspeople and Drosera flower

I don't see dogs or wolves as terribly stealthy. They're kind of loud to be honest.

Hear a strange noise at night? Bork until you can't anymore.

Someone comes too close? Bork until you can't anymore.

You can see the moon? Bork and howl at it to display your superiority.

One role I do see a wolf excelling in is the dogged pursuit of some criminal or target. Imagine a lone gunman following a criminal across miles and miles of untamed wilderness. I think the natural endurance of a canine would do well there. I've heard that a timber wolf can basically keep up a brisk jog for several days in a row without having to rest. That's a pretty awesome power.
Well actually they're not the normal kind of wolves we're familiar with. They're a fictional kind called "anthro wolves", furry wolves, whatever you wish to call them. They have most of the pros of being human, and some of the pros of being a wolf as well.

One RP idea I've been toying around with a bit in my head is a historical political and espionage thriller about Mossad agents hunting down Nazi war criminals. After WW II a lot of Nazis escaped trial, even high ranking ones, and the newly formed Israel basically sent agents to track them down. I think it would be a super interesting premise to explore as there's plenty of political intrigue, spy thriller action, and drama/angst. Plus who doesn't like a good old Nazi killing revenge fantasy? I swear there was a show on Amazon about that sort of thing...

I think the biggest obstacle to making this work is the niche audience it would appeal to, obviously. It's difficult to find players into more realistic historical RP's that are heavily centred on political issues, especially on this site. I'd like to think the espionage elements would make it slightly more appealing to some, but maybe it's not modern or sci-fi enough so idk.

One RP idea I've been toying around with a bit in my head is a historical political and espionage thriller about Mossad agents hunting down Nazi war criminals.

I would watch this game and read every post, and this gets my vote for most compelling sentence of 2021 so far.

Last edited:
I wound watch this game and read every post, and this gets my vote for most compelling sentence of 2021 so far.
Yea, I really want to make it happen. I just feel like it would be hard to garner enough interest. Like, it's definitely one of those ideas that would work best as a group RP.

Like a classier 'Inglorious Basterds'. I love it. The idea of badass Jews striking back against a cowardly enemy strikes me right in the place where my appreciation for karma lives. I find I don't fall instantly in love with many ideas that people toss around here - but this one is different. It would make an awesome RP, an awesome TV series, an awesome movie, an awesome book. It's just a fantastic idea period.

I knew I followed you for a good reason. ;)

Like a classier 'Inglorious Basterds'. I love it. The idea of badass Jews striking back against a cowardly enemy strikes me right in the place where my appreciation for karma lives. I find I don't fall instantly in love with many ideas that people toss around here - but this one is different. It would make an awesome RP, an awesome TV series, an awesome movie, an awesome book. It's just a fantastic idea period.

I knew I followed you for a good reason. ;)
Yea, I don't find myself attracted to too many RP ideas here myself. It often tends to be the same old stuff that's either overdone or I'm just not interested in. There's reasons why I just stick to a very small group of RPers, I suppose.

Being a big Godzilla fan, I've always wanted to do an RP focusing on Kaiju. But sadly it's an incredibly niche genre and almost nobody has ever shown any interest in it whatsoever on most websites I've visited. Sadface.

I'll get a group for it someday. Lol.
I know this is late, but if you ever do this I would love to join this group. Ofc if you haven’t already

New idea: Party consisting of Grimace, that bird girl, The Hamburglar and Ronald McDonald have to retrieve the secret recipe to the newest menu item; the McAmbrosia from the depths of the dungeons of the Burger King.

So this might sound kinda strange but hear me out:

Suicide Squad, but make it anime characters. I just think it would be so interesting to have different characters from different shows interact and be forced to work together to defeat one common enemy. Witty banter, romance, and action scenes all included.

With that said, I’ve tried to find a partner for this idea before. Not on here, but on other sites. I thought it was going to go well until the guy that responded to my prompt basically said “cool idea, but let’s change it” so it didn’t go very far. Well, that, and we both included an OC each and he kinda made my OC seem dumb in the actual rp. (To be fair, she is very eccentric and a little bit of an airhead at times, but not stupid.)

Another problem would be finding someone who at least knows 1-2 of the animes I want to include. I would prefer they know both but you take what you can get. I would give the option of including more characters I’m not familiar with to the other person, they would just have to play them (because that makes sense right?)

So, yeah. Long story short: scared to look for someone for my kinda niche anime rp idea cus last time it went lowkey bad

I’d like to try a proper steampunk RP actually. I’ve got some nostalgia for retrofuturistic technology and aesthetics - industrial dirigibles and steam powered engines. The plot would probably revolve around a race around the world or something explorative so it encourages world building. Whenever I see those painted landscapes from steampunk scenes, it makes me just want to pack a bag and go.

I almost forgot the another thing I've wanted to rp, sort of the opposite of my last entry to this post: Magical creatures losing their powers. Technically I've been in a few rps that have used this trope, but not many have gotten off the ground let alone lasted long enough to be any good.

Last edited:
It probably wouldn't last long, but I would love to play a Mary Sue/Gary Stu roleplay where every character is the absolute worst kind of self-aggrandizing wish fulfillment characters with tons of OP abilities, absurd physical appeal, constantly one upping each other and vying for who can be the best.

An America's Next Top model for terrible characters, if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back