Experiences What are some RP ideas you've always wanted to try?

okay so multiple fandoms characters and oc's, but the weirdest pairing ever.

example:
custard cookie from cookie run
dr.bright from the scp foundation
lust sans from the undertale aus
dream from the dream smp
one topic at a time
a my hero academy charecter

bouns if they are living together

Monster Hunter. I'd love to run a monster hunter rp but I have no idea how to even do all the coding that happens to make sites look good or even decent so I shall just hope and pray someone else starts one so I can join 😂😭

Here's one that was recently advertised. Ya might want to pop in and state your interest.

As far as stuff I've wanted to try.. well, I've wanted to do a group RP in the flavor of Witch/Vampire/Werewolf Hunters for a bit. It was actually an old idea of mine. I've dipped in to see of anyone is running something similar but havent really seen anything that would work.

I've also wanted to do a sci-fi wasteland setting on Mars. Sorta like a Mad Max meets Borderlands kinda thing. I HAVE a setting all written up. But again, I don't want to run an RP, so I just hope to find someone doing something similar.

Otherwise, my interests encompass the rest of the stuff I listed in THIS topic.
Wow, thanks! I'll check it out.

Another idea I keep coming back to is a Fantasy Wild West theme. In other words, Orcs, Goblins, Elves, Dwarves, etc. but in a wild west theme. With magic existing alongside the invention of industry: Steam engines, firearms, etc.
I never really see this theme advertised anywhere
I think I've heard this called Weird West before, but I'm not sure if that encompasses the fantasy races and is more just a magical wild west.

MAPt193314_u163681.png

Last edited:
19th century analogous fantasy is underrated for sure. The idea I have for it isn't developed enough that I feel I could make the idea public, but I love it all the same. The races of the world are not your standard fantasy types though. It's mostly werewolves, trolls, minotaurs, vampires, and the like.

19th century analogous fantasy is underrated for sure. The idea I have for it isn't developed enough that I feel I could make the idea public, but I love it all the same. The races of the world are not your standard fantasy types though. It's mostly werewolves, trolls, minotaurs, vampires, and the like.
tbh I list the Tolkien races just because they are iconic and relatable and ppl immediately know what I'm talking about. But I myself never particularly go for elves or dwarves. I DO have a penchant for goblins though. If a fantasy setting omits goblins as a playable race, I'm automatically soured to it. lol

I'm WAY out of my league on this one but, hear me out. Have every punk literature genre (aka. Punklit) personified, like Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Dieselpunk, Atompunk Nanopunk, and Biopunk and have sent to our near future (2030ish) to try and return to their timeline/dimension.
It's a wip, but it's been my daydream this past week.

If it ever gets popular, I will add new punk genres like Solarpunk, Clockpunk and some truly bizarre ones like Terrapunk, Elfpunk, Nowpunk, and Stonepunk.

tbh I list the Tolkien races just because they are iconic and relatable and ppl immediately know what I'm talking about. But I myself never particularly go for elves or dwarves. I DO have a penchant for goblins though. If a fantasy setting omits goblins as a playable race, I'm automatically soured to it. lol
Goblins are included. I just wish I could get something more solid than a time period, race list, and naming conventions. Cause if I could get it together to my own satisfaction, then I'd definitely host it.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to specify "high fantasy" in my previous post.

Goblins are included. I just wish I could get something more solid than a time period, race list, and naming conventions. Cause if I could get it together to my own satisfaction, then I'd definitely host it.

What's stopping you or me from doing the roleplays we dream of? Isn't that what roleplaying is about and making friends along the way?

What's stopping you or me from doing the roleplays we dream of? Isn't that what roleplaying is about and making friends along the way?
True. I'd actually even ask for some help with the worldbuilding and whatnot if I weren't already hosting an rp. I'm not sure I could handle more than one.

True. I'd actually even ask for some help with the worldbuilding and whatnot if I weren't already hosting an rp. I'm not sure I could handle more than one.
I may not be the most advance, but I can help you with a little worldbuilding. How? By fashion, fashion helps define the culture and the culture define the clothing. Like, what material is it made out of and what types of clothing each social class wears and what fabrics they use. It's one piece, but it can say a lot about culture and the world.

I may not be the most advance, but I can help you with a little worldbuilding. How? By fashion, fashion helps define the culture and the culture define the clothing. Like, what material is it made out of and what types of clothing each social class wears and what fabrics they use. It's one piece, but it can say a lot about culture and the world.
That is a good thing to keep in mind. I can't say I'd make the rp in the near future, but if I do, I could certainly use the help.

I'm WAY out of my league on this one but, hear me out. Have every punk literature genre (aka. Punklit) personified, like Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Dieselpunk, Atompunk Nanopunk, and Biopunk and have sent to our near future (2030ish) to try and return to their timeline/dimension.
It's a wip, but it's been my daydream this past week.

If it ever gets popular, I will add new punk genres like Solarpunk, Clockpunk and some truly bizarre ones like Terrapunk, Elfpunk, Nowpunk, and Stonepunk.
I honestly don't understand all these punk genres. I get the main ones like steampunk and cyberpunk, and even atompunk (essentially Fallout)... but when you break down into the rest of them, it seems to be a trivial difference

If you ever wanna worldbuild (and have the time to take it on), I DO love to make maps and such. I use the inkarnate program, and have made a lot of cool shit from that.
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Map 4
etc.

I know what's stopping ME! I have all kinds of ideas that I want to run. But I want them to be GROUP RPs. I dont really do 1x1s. But I don't want to run the RP. My GMing days are behind me. So that puts me at an impasse to getting any of my ideas out there. All I can hope is that someone else decides to run something close to them.

I would love love LOVE to try an Elite: Dangerous themed roleplay at some point.

There's so much potential!! The Milky Way is a big place, there's so much to do! There's already a huge amount of lore built in, so creating characters is incredibly easy. I think what probably drives people away from this awesome SciFi epic is that it is very - very - realistic. To the point that it sometimes stops being fun. Seriously, Elite (as a game) is BRUTAL.

But I will always be down.

Someone playing a symbiote who bonded to my character or a group rp set in the batman universe

Another idea I keep coming back to is a Fantasy Wild West theme. In other words, Orcs, Goblins, Elves, Dwarves, etc. but in a wild west theme. With magic existing alongside the invention of industry: Steam engines, firearms, etc.
I never really see this theme advertised anywhere
I think I've heard this called Weird West before, but I'm not sure if that encompasses the fantasy races and is more just a magical wild west.

MAPView attachment 927749
Holy..that sounds like such a fun idea! Never even thought of a fantasy-wild west theme; a lot of possabilities!

Holy..that sounds like such a fun idea! Never even thought of a fantasy-wild west theme; a lot of possabilities!
I'm going to make one in the event that my current rp fails, and I have a PM dedicated to remembering who wants to participate. Would you like to be invited into the PM?

Not going to lie, a roleplay set in the universe of Megaman/Megaman X/Megaman Zero would be cool. Lots of stuff in the lore of those games that could be very cool to explore further.

Y'know what's actually pretty hard to find? A generic, medieval fantasy setting for group RP. As popular as the genre is, most of the high fantasy settings I ever seen done are so enmeshed in some kind of kingdom-political-war-thing, that it ostracizes players that don't want any part of the governance or military.

Either that, or they have some very specific world-threatening plot that has called upon the champions of the realm to save the world. Which is just as confining as to the kind of characters that are required for the roleplay.

I guess what I mean to say, is that it'd be great to find a group RP in a fantasy medieval setting where the players didn't have to belong themselves to some central organization or caste, and didnt even have to be heroes. I've seen Discord groups set up like this. But the problem with those groups is that more often than not, you just wind up pairing off with one other member. So it isn't really a group RP. It's more like a bunch of 1x1s in a grouped setting. And then you still have to find someone to RP with you. To me, this kind of defeats the point of joining the group in the first place, since you just have to search for an RP partner AGAIN within the group once you get your character all set up.

Last edited:
This might sound really silly but here it goes. So my friends always have these roleplays that seem like they would be group ones, but it is really them and their partner. And they all just have this like big family/friends/ open world roleplay or a roleplay about some adventure with many different characters and different scenes and such . And like there isn't really a plot. But gosh, I would absolutely LOVE to do one, but I don't even know how to phrase it. And I would ask my friends but they're super busy with their lives and even with their "rp time" they have to only focus on like their ocs and their partner's ocs.

Sorry, replying to old posts, BUT SAME

I tend to be in a lot of 'stupid fandoms' ig, so it's still hard to find people who would wanna rp the interests i have, but one of my best friends, though we share so many interests, i can never seem to find an rp partner like how they can find ppl ig, and they don't rlly like rping with me ?

they will literally create character after character, story after story, and do this all with one singular person and have so much content, like days and years worth of character, world, and story development, and it's almost like the two of them would be working with a group of people but the two of them just go off of each other and inspire each other and i love it ?

I wish to god that I could have that because I love how they get excited like 'yeah that's so cool ! we need to do that' because they never pre-plan their content, they just do whatever they want, and it's so cool sob .

i will literally watch them sometimes out of boredom, observing how they talk for hours about their ocs .
they will be rping, making new characters, talking about old characters, and it makes me sick because I WANT THAT BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT LOL

I think with me, it's mostly because I have a lack of motivation and I get nervous with new people and I only want to do these things with that one friend, but I still really wanna do it, whether it be large paragraphs or single sentenced responses ?

Like- if it's fun, then it's a perfect rp, but I don't know how to keep it feeling great ?

anyways sorry for the rant smh

Last edited:
I've really been craving Applachian horror lately. Wendigos, skinwalkers, other monsters, old nature gods awakened to punish humans for their sins. I feel like there's a lot there but I don't exactly have the time to do it by myself... Maybe in the future.

I could easily list a dozen detailed RP's I have created that never went anywhere. At best I would get one or two who were interested - when you really need at least 5-6. Think of an RP based on Lost (very binge watched TV show once upon a time). Or maybe a Star Trek RP. That sub genre seems to have lost its appeal. Heck, Expanse was great (except for the alien crap).

I have also tried to get some furry RP's going. There was one where animals (non-herbivores) had evolved long after humans had vanished. They fought bitterly amongst themselves until they finally established peace. The finally united under a guideline discovered by archaeologists - a Star Trek manual. They thought it was a historical record.

Oh, and there was a Hello Kitty RP I created. Never saw the show, but back before Dark Wizard took over (like a few sites ago), we had a chat room. I created it for someone who was a big fan. She loved it but didn't have the time.

Lately I feel like something based in the "Dune" universe could be fun. I would just have no idea what to do plotwise or anything.

Lately I feel like something based in the "Dune" universe could be fun. I would just have no idea what to do plotwise or anything.
Helps if you've read the books - and recently, not 40 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back